UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 will be conducted by Uttar Pradesh DUVASU. This entrance exam will be taken for the admission to various degree courses on Animal Husbandry or AH and Bachelor of Veterinary Science or B.V.Sc, Masters in Veterinary Science or MVSc, PhD and diploma programmes.
Candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria will be allowed to take sit for the entrance exam. The expected date for releasing the application form of the UP Veterinary Entrance Exam is March 2021. Check UP Veterinary Application Process
UP Veterinary Entrance Exam is conducted in two stages that are preliminary and mains exam. The paper includes questions from Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology. Each subject comprises of 50 questions. Four marks are awarded for correct answer whereas one mark is deducted for the wrong one. Check UP Veterinary Pattern & Syllabus
The Result for UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 will be announced on the official website of the university. The exam is conducted only for the candidate’s who are resident of UP. Generally, UP Veterinary Entrance Exam is conducted on various dates based on the multiple dates. Some of the most important features are listed below along with other information on eligibility, pattern and syllabus.
UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 Highlights
|Conducting Body||Uttar Pradesh Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalya Evam Go-Anusandhan Sansthan|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English, Hindi|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQ or Multiple-Choice question|
|Number of Questions||200|
What is the Eligibility Criteria for UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021?
Candidates must follow the minimum eligibility criteria of UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 in order to proceed for the next round. Course wise eligibility criteria for the entrance exam is mentioned below.
B.V. Sc & A.H. Degree
- Candidates should be cleared 10+2 examination with the minimum 50% marks in aggregate, and with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main from a recognised board. There will be 5% relaxation only for the candidate who belongs to reserved category such as SC/ST/OBC.
- In this course, the minimum and maximum age limit will be 17 years and 25 years respectively.
- Candidates from NRI quota should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks in aggregate from a recognised board and with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology and English. It is not required for the candidate to appear for the PVT 2021 Exam.
M.V. Sc and PhD
- A candidate needs to be cleared B.V. Sc & A.H. examination from a recognised board of The Veterinary Council of India.
- For the master programme, a candidate from unreserved category need to have 6.00/10 or equivalent percentage of marks, and candidates belonging to a reserved category like SC/ST/PH must have 5.50/10 or equivalent percentage of marks.
- It is mandatory for the candidate of the general category to secure at least 6.5/10 percentage of marks in the course of the master level, and 6.0/10 percentage of marks for the candidates of reserved category like SC/ST/PH.
Note: In this case, ICAR guidelines will be followed and OGPA formula will be taken in the year the candidate has passed.
B.Sc./M.Sc./Ph.D (College of Biotechnology)
- For B.Sc. in Biotechnology/ Industrial Microbiology: The candidate from the general category must have secured minimum 60% marks in aggregate in 10+2 examination with the subject Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main. Minimum percentage marks for the candidates of SC/ST category is 55%.
- For M.Sc./M.V.Sc. Biotechnology: The candidate of General category needs to have minimum 60% and 55% marks for another category in B.Sc. (Zoology, Botany, Chemistry)/B.Sc. (Biotechnology)/B.Tech. (Biotech)/ B.V.Sc. & A.H./B.Sc. (Agriculture)/ B.Sc. (Fisheries)
Diploma Course in Veterinary Pharmacy and Livestock Extension
- A candidate should have passed 10+2 examinations with 50% marks, and with the subject physics, chemistry, biology and English from a recognised board. 45% of marks will be considered only for the candidates of reserved category like SC/ST/OBC, etc.
- The candidate needs to get through PDET 2021 exam that is conducted by DUVASU.
How to fill UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 Application form?
The candidate can fill UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 Application form only through online mode. Some useful instructions regarding the application form are mentioned below.
- There is a different registration form for different courses for the candidates.
- Candidates are allowed to pay the application fee only via Credit Card/ Debit Card or net banking.
- Candidates will have to bear the additional charges for completion of the application fee.
- Application fee is non-refundable.
- Application form with incorrect information will be rejected by the authority.
All the steps to fill the application form are listed below.
- Go to the official website of the university
- Click the link for academics
- Check the application form and fill all the required details with correct information
- Upload a scanned copy of signature with passport size photograph
- Click to submit button
- For editing click on “edit registration form”
- Go to the option “Make Payment”
- Fill the details of DOB, registration number and mobile number
- Pay the application fee with Credit Card/ Debit Card or net banking.
- Take the print out of the form
UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can download UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 Admit Card through the official website of the university. Some information that contains the admit card is given below.
- Name of the Candidate
- Candidate’s Age
- Candidate’s Date of birth
- Course applied for
- Exam date
- Place of the Exam
- Exam day instruction
- Place for passport size photograph that will be self-attested by the candidate
- Place for signature
Procedure to download UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 Admit Card
- Go to the official website
- Click on the link “Click Here for Online Application for Admission to Different Courses”
- Go to the link “Download Admit Card”
- Fill the details like registration number and mobile number
- Click on the “Submit” button
- The admit card will be shown on the screen
- Download it
UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 Pattern
There will be a total of 200 questions in UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 and all subjects are identical in questions. Some other facts regarding the exam pattern are given below.
- The level of the exam for PG course will be from UG level, and the questions will be set from the subjects of physics, chemistry, zoology and botany for the exam at UG level.
- Each wright answer will bear 4 marks, and no negative marks will be given for the wrong answer
- The mode of the exam will be in English and Hindi language
Below table shows some important information for UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021
|Mode of the examination||Offline|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Duration of the exam||2 hours|
|Sections in paper||4|
Preparation books for UP Veterinary Entrance Exam
|Book name||Publisher||ISBN Code|
|All India Pre-Veterinary Test Entrance Examination Guide (AIPVT) Paperback 2020||RPH editorial||9350120542|
|Study Guide for PVT in English||Experts Compilations||9351762319|
|ICAR: AIEEA-UG (B.Sc. Agriculture) Entrance Exam Guide||RPH editorial||9350127474|
|B.Sc. Agriculture Entrance Exam 2020 Conducted by ICAR & Other Indian Universities||Arihant Publications||9350942011|
|General Agriculture for I. C. A. R. Examinations (J. R. F., Ph. D, S. R. F. & A. R. S.), 24th Edition||Jain brother||8183601413|
What are the Steps to Check UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 Result?
The result of UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 will be published by the university in the month of July in 2021. UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 Result is followed by the counselling session. Some steps on result checking are given below.
- Go to the official website
- Click on the link “PVT 2021 Result”
- The result will be displayed on the screen
- Check the name and roll number
- Download it, and take a print out of it.
What is the Counselling Process for UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021?
UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 Counselling process will be conducted in two phrases for UG and PG courses. Seat allotment will be based on the candidate merit, reservation, choice filling. And the candidate is allowed to check the result of seat allotment through the online mode by entering various information like roll number, date of birth, courses, password, etc on the official website of the university. Some steps of the counselling process are given below.
- Counselling registration and document upload
- Choice filling and locking through online mode
- Seat allocation process
- Security fee deposit
- Report at the university
UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 FAQs
Ques. Is the application form for the courses of UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 same?
Ans. No, there will be a separate application form for each course in UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021.
Ques. Is it mandatory to present the mark sheet of the intermediate examination at the time of UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 Counselling?
Ans. Yes, it is necessary to present the intermediate examination mark sheet at the time of counselling.
Ques. What is the exam centre for UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021?
Ans. The exam centre for UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 is as follows.
Ques. What is the process of marking the answer in UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021?
Ans. As the exam will be conducted only in offline mode, the answer will be marked with the black or blue ballpoint pen in the OMR sheet.
Ques. Can I take UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021 Application form through offline mode?
Ans. No, you cannot. You have to take the application form through online mode from the official website of the university.
Ques. Is there any negative marking for any unanswered questions in UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2021?
Ans. No, there will not be given any negative marks for any unanswered question.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.