UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2019 Eligibility, Registration, Pattern and Syllabus
UP Veterinary entrance exam 2019 is conducted by DUVASU, Mathura for admissions to B.V.Sc. & A.H. Degree course, MVSc/PhD and diploma programmes. UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2019 will be conducted from the month of June to August, depending on the course selected.
|UP Veterinary Eligibility||UP Veterinary Admit Card||UP Veterinary Exam Pattern|
- Students who fulfill the eligibility criteria will have to fill the application form and appear for the PVT entrance test.
- Candidates can fill UP Veterinary exam Application Form from February 05, 2019 in online mode.
- The exam will contain 200 questions to be attempted in 2 hours.
- UP Veterinary entrance test result will be declared on the official website in the form of PDF document.
- Counselling will be done in the order of merit.
UP Veterinary 2019 Entrance Exam Dates
The application form for various courses coming under UP veterinary course is different. Every program has different deadlines according to the test dates. The important dates related to various courses are as follows:
|B.V.Sc & A.H. Programs|
|Commencement of online application form||February 05, 2019|
|Last date for registration||May 05, 2019|
|PVT 2019 Prelims exam||May 20, 2019|
|PVT 2019 Main exam||June 26, 2019|
|M.V.Sc and Ph.D. Programs|
|Online registration and submission of applications||February 05, 2019|
|Last date for registration||June 30, 2019|
|PGET (Post Graduate Entrance Test)||July 17, 2019|
|Counselling||August 07, 2019|
|B.Sc. (H) Biotechnology/ Industrial Microbiology|
|Online registration and submission of application||February 05, 2019|
|Last date for registration||June 30, 2019|
|Counselling||July 02, 2019|
|Online registration||February 05, 2019|
|Last date of registration||June 16, 2019|
|Pre- diploma Entrance test (PDET)||July 08, 2019|
|Counselling||July 3, 2019|
UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2019 Eligibility
Students who clear the minimum eligibility criteria along with their performance in PVT/PG entrance exam will be considered for counselling. Following are the criteria according to the various courses are as follows:
- B.V.Sc & A.H. Degree:
- Class 12 examination must have been cleared with physics, chemistry, biology and English as main subjects, the minimum accepted percentage is 50% for general category candidates. 5% relaxation in percentage for SC/ST/OBC students.
- The lower age limit is 17 years and upper age limit is 25 years. SC/ST candidates have a relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit.
- Students taking admission under NRI quota must have cleared class 12 or equivalent examination with 50% marks from any internationally recognized board. The main subjects must be physics, chemistry, biology or biotechnology and English. NRI candidates are not required to appear for the PVT- 2017 exam.
- M.V.Sc and Ph.D
- Student must have passed the B.V.Sc & A.H. examination from a VCI recognized college.
- In order to apply for master’s program a master’s degree, is compulsory in the respective field and 6.00/10 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage of marks for unreserved category and 5.50/10 or equivalent OGPA/percentage of marks for SC/ST/PH category candidates in graduation.
- For admission to Doctoral program a master’s degree is compulsory in the respective field, with OGPA/ percentage equivalent to 6.5/10 for general category students and for SC/ST/PH category students it is important to have 6.0/10 OGPA/ percentage. The guidelines are followed that are given by ICAR and the OGPA formulae will be used for the year in which the candidate has passed out.
- B.Sc./M.Sc./Ph.D (College of Biotechnology)
- B.Sc. in Biotechnology/ Industrial Microbiology: students must have cleared class 12 examination with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate with physics, chemistry, biology and English as main subjects. For SC/ST the minimum percentage required is 55%.
- M.Sc./M.V.Sc. Biotechnology: B.Sc. (Zoology, Botany, Chemistry)/B.Sc. (Biotechnology)/B.Tech. (Biotech)/ B.V.Sc. & A.H./B.Sc. (Agriculture)/ B.Sc.(Fisheries) with a minimum percentage required is 60% marks in UG level for general category candidates and 55% marks for SC/ST candidates.
- Diploma course in veterinary pharmacy and livestock extension
- Class 12 examinations must be cleared from U.P. Board or equivalent with physics, chemistry, biology and English with 50% marks. The SC/ST/OBC candidates need to score only 45% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidate must have appeared for PDET-2019 conducted by DUVASU and must have cleared the exam to be considered eligible.
- All the mark sheet of the intermediate examination must be produced at the time of counselling.
UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2019 Application form
UP Veterinary exam 2019 Application form can be filled in the online mode only. Once candidate can fill only 1 form for a particular course, additional fee has to be paid for every course. Important instructions for filling up the application form are given below: -
- Separate registration has to be done for each course at undergraduate level.
- Application fee has to be paid online through credit/debit card or internet banking as per the rules defined by the banking authorities. Additional charges will be borne by the candidates.
- Application forms without the fee will not be accepted.
- The incorrectly filled application forms will be cancelled, the application fee will not be refunded.
- It is important to confirm registration on the official website.
Steps to fill the UP Veterinary Entrance Exam is given below: -
- Open the official website.
- Go into the link for academics.
- Check for online application for admission to different course. Click on the link and this will take you to a new page.
- Fill in all the details as asked, upload the scanned copy of the signature, thumb & photograph and click on the submit button.
- In case you want to edit any information click on left hand column of “edit registration form”.
- The last step is to make payment. Click on “Make Payment”. Enter the details of registration number, DOB and mobile number on the page.
- The PVT 2019 application fee of Rs.1500 has to be paid by all the participants irrespective of the category reservations offered in admission.
- The payment mode has to be selected from debit card/credit card/internet banking. The payment gateway will come up and do not click on refresh button till the payment is done successfully.
- Take the printout of the registration form and keep it safely for future use.
Please note: specifications for photograph and signature
|Document name||Size||Image format|
|Photograph||80 KB or less||JPEG|
UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2019 Admit Card
UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2019 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website. The admit card will be available for download once the application form has been filled and application fee has been paid.
The admit card will contain the following details:
- Date of birth
- Course applied for
- Exam date
- Exam venue
- Instructions for exam day
- Place for passport size photograph self attested
- Place for signature
How to download PVT 2019 Admit Card?
- Open the official website
- Click on “Click Here for Online Application for Admission to Different Courses”.
- Look on the left-hand side column “diploma admit card”.
- Click on the link and the following screen will appear.
- Provide the details of registration number and mobile number and click on submit button and your admit card will come up.
- Download the admit card and keep it safely for future reference.
UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2019 Exam centers
UP Veterinary entrance exam will be conducted in the State of UP only. Thus, candidates who wish to appear for the entrance test need to select a test center from the following list only:
UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2019 Exam Pattern
UP Veterinary entrance exam will contain 200 questions in question booklet. All subjects have equal weightage. Subjects will be according to the course you are appearing for.
- The PG course will have questions from the undergraduate level course, UG course will contain questions about physics, chemistry, zoology and botany.
- 4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer and no mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- Answers have to be marked with a black/blue ball point pen in the OMR sheet.
- Exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Question paper will be printed in Hindi and English language.
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Number of questions||200|
|Duration of exam||2 hours|
|Sections in paper||4|
Check DetailedUP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2019 Exam Pattern
Preparation books for UP Veterinary Entrance Exam are given below: -
|Book name||Publisher||ISBN Code|
|All India Pre-Veterinary Test Entrance Examination Guide (AIPVT) Paperback 2017||RPH editorial||9350120542|
|Study Guide for PVT in English||Experts Compilations||9351762319|
|ICAR: AIEEA-UG (B.Sc. Agriculture) Entrance Exam Guide||RPH editorial||9350127474|
|B.Sc. Agriculture Entrance Exam 2016 Conducted by ICAR & Other Indian Universities||Arihant Publications||9350942011|
|General Agriculture for I. C. A. R. Examinations (J. R. F., Ph. D, S. R. F. & A. R. S.), 24th Edition||Jain brother||8183601413|
UP Veterinary Entrance Exam 2019 Result
UP Veterinary entrance exam result is expected to be released in July 2019. Once the result is declared the PVT counselling will start as per the schedule uploaded on the official website.
Steps to check the UP Veterinary 2019 result are given below: -
- Open the official website http://www.upvetuniv.edu.in/academics/admission.
- Click on the link reading “PVT 2019 result”.
- A PDF document will come up on the screen, check your name and roll number in the PDF document.
- Download the copy and take a printout for future reference.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College