The Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra will open the registration window for MH CET Law 2018 from March 2018. While filling in the application form, candidates are required to scan and upload photograph and signature as per the defined guidelines. Failing to follow it, will result in rejection of application form.
MH CET Law 2018 is scheduled for April 22 (5 year LLB Program) and June 17 (3 year LLB Program). The last date to register is May 1 (tentative). Once the application is finally submitted, there is no provision of form correction. Hence, it is important to fill and upload all the details and documents with utmost care. Check Guidelines to attach Photograph and Signature
MH CET Law Photo Size and Specifications
The photograph that needs to be upload should be of passport size. The specifications for the same is listed below:
- Photograph must be recent, passport size, and color picture
- The background of the image should be preferably white or against any light-colored background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- Photograph wearing Caps, Hats, and Dark Glasses are not acceptable.
- Picture taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye".
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Photographs taken wearing Caps, Hats and Dark Glasses are not acceptable.
- Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face. Your face should be clearly visible.
Read more Guidelines for Persons with Disabilities using a Scribe
MH CET Photo Size/ Dimension - 200 x 230 pixels
File Size - between 20kb - 50kb
Photo Format – JPEG or JPG
How to Adjust Photo Size?
If the scanned image size is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, No. of colors etc. at the time of scanning.
Note - Candidates are advised to keep one copy of the photograph uploaded to be pasted on the Hall Ticket. The Uploaded photo image and photo pasted on the Hall Ticket/ should match. In case of mismatch of Photo the applicant may be disqualified.
MHCET LAW Signature and Specifications
- For signature, students have to sign on white paper with Black Ink Pen
- The signature must be signed by the applicant only.
- Signature in the Hall Ticket and Attendance Sheet should match with the uploaded signature.
- In case of any mismatch, it will result in the cancelation of candidature.
MHCET Signature Size/ Dimension: 140 X 60 pixels
File Size: between 10 kb – 20 kb
Signature Format: JPEG or JPG
How to Resize Photo and Signature Image?
Sometimes it becomes difficult to get the image as per the required specifications. Following are the various methods with the help of which students can resize their photo and signature image:
Resize photo using MS Paint
- Open image in MS Paint
- In the toolbar, go to resize option
- Uncheck “Maintain Aspect Ratio” and readjust the pixels as instructed
- Click Ok button
- After clicking on the button, check image properties for image size.
Resize Photo using Windows Photo Library
- Open the photo in Windows Photo Library
- From Properties menu click on Edit button
- Click on Resize and set Preset option
- Further, click Custom option from the list
- Enter the dimensions
- Click Resize and Save button
- Now students can check the image dimension by clicking on the properties option
Resize Photo Using Photoshop
- Open the image to be resized
- Click on the Image drop-down menu and select Image Size
- Type the dimension in Width and Height box
- Uncheck the box Constraint Properties
- Click on Ok button
Guidelines to attach Photograph and Signature
In order to avoid any error while filling the application form, students must keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Students are required to set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dots per inch (dpi) and the color setting must be True color.
- An application form is incomplete without Photograph and Signature uploaded in the online application form.
- Application form once submitted cannot be changed in any circumstances and once an application fee is paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
- The passport size photo must be taken using the professional camera. Photograph clicked using smart-phone will not be accepted under any circumstance even if the background is White.
- The signature must be done with black ink only. Using any other ink is totally avoidable
- The signature must be done only on white paper because any other background may lead to rejection.
- If the scanned image of photograph and signature does not meet the requirement then it could only be changed during the form correction or before the form submission.
Guidelines for Persons with Disabilities using a Scribe
The facility to avail the help of scribe is available to the following category –
- Visually Impaired (including Blind and with Low Vision)
- Writing speed adversely affected permanently (Dominant hand affected due to Physical Disability)
- Suffering from Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia
There are certain important points to be considered, they are as follows:
- Candidate have to arrange their own scribe at their own cost.
- Scribe arranged should not be the one from the same examination.
- Same scribe can not help another candidate appearing for MH CET Law exam.
- Both candidate and the scribe have to give suitable undertaking in the enclosed Proforma confirming that the scribe fulfills all the stipulated eligibility criteria.
- A compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour will be provided to the candidates taking help of a scribe.
- PwD candidates seeking scribe have to fill form enclosed at the end of Information Brochure, affix the photo of the scribe and enclose self-attested certificate from Civil Surgeon/Competent Medical Authority empowered to certify, a certificate of the disability to be more than 40% and above.