Maharashtra CET Cell will conduct MH CET Law 2021 5 year exam in the second week of August 2021 tentatively. The level of difficulty for this paper is expected to be moderate-difficult. The 2-hour paper will consist of 150 questions without sectional timing or negative marking. Check MH CET Law 2021 Exam Pattern
MH CET Law 2021 3 years is to be held in multiple shifts. Candidates will be informed about the details of the session and allotted exam center via MH CET Law 2021 Admit Card
- MH CET Law will be conducted in 18 exam centres of Maharashtra
- MH CET Law Colleges will release category-wise cutoffs to grant admission to students through MH CET Law Counselling.
MH CET Law was introduced by the Government of Maharashtra 3 years back to grant admission to students in law colleges of the state. The seat intake capacity of the 5 year program is around 5000 whereas 15,000 seats are there for the 3 year course. See MH CET Law Detailed Paper Analysis
MH CET Law 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||MH CET Law or Maharashtra Law CET|
|Conducting Body||State Common Entrance Test Cell|
|Official Website||For 5 year: cetcell.mahacet.org/MAH-LLB-(5-Years)-CET For 3 year: cetcell.mahacet.org/MAH-LL.B(3-Years)-CET|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Eligibility Criteria||3-year Program: Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks|
|5-year Program: Class 12 with 45% marks|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|MH CET Law Helplineemail@example.com | 022-26473719 (between 10 am to 6 pm)|
|MH CET Law Registration Opens||May 2021|
|MH CET Law Registration Closes||June 2021|
|MH CET Admit Card||July 2021|
|MH CET 2021 Exam Date||August 2021|
|MH CET 2021 Results||August 2021|
|MH CET Counseling||September 2021|
MH CET Law Eligibility Criteria regarding nationality, domicile, educational qualification and age limit is described below:
- A candidate should be an Indian national.
- Candidates with Maharashtra domicile will be eligible for 85% seats in the law colleges
- Only 15% seats will be reserved for Outside Maharashtra candidates.
There is no age limit applicable in either 3-year or 5-year LLB Program.
LLB (5 years) course
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Applicants must have 45% marks in the qualifying exam, however, reserved category candidates should have 40% marks.
LLB (3 years) course
- Candidates must possess a graduation degree in any stream from any recognized university.
- General and reserved category candidates must have 45% and 40% marks in the qualifying exam respectively.
Note: Candidates appearing in the final year of graduation are also eligible and can apply for MH CET exam.
The application form filling procedure is completely online. Visit MH CET Law Official Website to register for the state level law examination.
Prerequisites for MH CET Law Registration Procedure
Listed below are the required credentials:
- Active Email ID
- Valid and Functional Mobile Number
- Candidate’s Name as on official documents
- Date of birth
- Scanned Passport size Photograph
- Scanned Signature
- Bank details for fee payment
There are three major steps to apply online for MH CET Law namely Registration, Uploading Documents and Fee Payment. A brief about the same are listed below:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of State Common Entrance Test Cell i.e. mahacet.org.
- Click ‘Apply Online’ and choose ‘Click here for New Registration’
- Enter your Name, Contact details and Email-id, to get a Provisional Registration No. and Password.
- Save application by clicking 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
Step 2: Upload Documents
After entering all the details in MH CET Law 2021 Application form, you have to scan and upload your photo and signature. There are certain guidelines defined by the authorities to upload these documents.
|Photograph||20 kb – 50 kb|
|Signature||10 kb – 20 kb|
Step 3: Application Fee Payment
MH CET Law Application fee can be paid through online mode only. The following mediums can be used for paying the fees:
- Credit card
- Debit card (RuPay/Visa/Master card/Maestro)
- Internet banking
- Cash cards
- Mobile wallet
MH CET Law Registration Fee varies as per candidate’s category:
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
|General Category from Maharashtra State, All Candidates belonging to Outside Maharashtra State (OMS/All India Candidature), J & K Migrant||800|
|Reserved Category of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only Reserved category||400|
State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra is likely to release MH CET Law 2021 Admit Card on the official website. Candidates can download MH CET Law Admit Cards by logging in with their Roll no./ Registration no. and Password/ Date of Birth (dd/mm/yy). It is mandatory to carry admit cards to the exam center on the day of examination.
Candidates must cross-check all the details mentioned on the admit card. The details mentioned on admit card are:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Venue of the examination center
- Timings of the examination
- Rules and regulations to be followed on exam day
Candidates are supposed to carry below-mentioned documents along with the admit card on the day of the examination:
- Photo IDs such as PAN card/ Aadhar Card or any other ID proof.
- Print out of MH CET Law Application Form
- One recent photograph that the candidate uploaded during MH CET Law Registration.
Note:If any of the candidates forget to carry the above-mentioned documents, along with the admit card then she/he may not be allowed to appear for the examination.
Detailed Exam Pattern for 5-year LLB Program
The section-wise distribution of marks and questions in the exam is tabulated below:
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||40||40||120 Minutes|
|General Knowledge with current affairs||30||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||40||40|
Detailed Exam Pattern for 3-year LLB Program
The section-wise distribution of marks and questions in the exam is explained below:
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30||30||120 Minutes|
|General Knowledge and current affairs||40||40|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||30|
*There is no Negative Marking for any of the degree programs.
For BA LLB (5 Year Program) – Total 150 Marks
- The conducting body specifies MH CET Law syllabus each year.
- The syllabus for both the programs remains almost the same.
- No change in the syllabus of MH CET Law has been notified as yet.
The topics covered for the exam are as mentioned below:
- In this section, the problem-solving ability and candidate’s interest in the study of law will be checked.
- The questions will be based on legal prepositions and sets of facts.
- Test takers are required to assume the truth of these prepositions and answer accordingly.
- The questions in this section will be based on wide analogies, completing arguments, drawing well-supported conclusions, reasoning by analogy, applying rules, etc.
- Also, this section will test the candidate’s ability to understand the structure, relationship and drawing logical conclusions about structures
- For the current affairs section, aspirants are required to follow the current events in politics, economy, education, etc.
- To prepare for the GK section, candidates can study topics such as History, Geography, General Science, Civics, etc.
Questions in this section test the candidate's command over English language.
|Comprehension passages||Synonyms and Antonyms|
|Choosing correct words||Idioms and phrases|
|Jumble words and sentences||Fill in the blank|
|Spotting errors||spelling mistakes|
- In this section, a candidate's aptitude for elementary Mathematics is tested.
- To prepare for this section, aspirants can revise the syllabus of Class 10.
|Speed and Distance||Venn Diagram|
|Profit and Loss||Average|
|Time and Work||Algebra|
Note – For a 5-year LLB Course, candidates will have to prepare and attempt questions from Basic Mathematics as well. Various sub-topics covered under all the above-mentioned topics.
Candidates who have registered for the law entrance test can also practice official mock tests provided by CET. The tests are available on the official website and students will have to login to their respective accounts to attempt the test.
- MH CET Law Official Mock Test for LL.B. 3 Years Available
- MH CET Law Official Mock Test for LL.B. 5 Years Available
- Candidates have to select any three exam cities of their choice at the time of registration.
- Complete details of the exam venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
MH CET Law Exam Center- Important Points
Some points which candidates must keep in mind before arriving at exam center:
- Reach the exam hall 30 minutes before the exam commences.
- Carry admit card and the Photo ID to the examination hall.
- No electronic gadgets are allowed inside the exam hall.
- Candidates are not allowed to leave the examination hall before the completion of time.
- No request for change of Centre/Venue/Date/ Session for MH CET Law 2021 will be entertained.
- The competent authority reserves the right to cancel any of the centres and/ or add some other centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response and administrative feasibility.
- Competent Authority also reserves the right to allot any exam centre to the candidate other than the one he/she has opted.
MH CET Law Result is released in the form of a list. Candidates can check their names in the list by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of MHT CET i.e. cetcell.mahacet.org
- Go to “Click Here for CET Exam Portal”.
- Look for the “MAH- LLB (3 Year/ 5 Year) CET” tab and click on it.
- The new webpage will open.
- Click on the link stating “Click Here for MAH- LLB (3 Year/ 5 Year) CET 2021 Result”
- A list of the qualified candidates will open.
- Candidates can search their names in the provided list.
MH CET Law Exam for 5 years was successfully conducted on October 11, 2020 in online mode. First shift was over on Some key highlights of the paper are:
- The 2 hour paper consisted of 5 sections and total marks was 150.
- Good attempt would ideally be 115 – 120 marks for candidates wishing to seek admission into top colleges in Maharashtra.
- Overall difficulty level of the paper was moderate.
- GK and Current Affairs was moderate and so was Mathematics.
- English was easy. Logical and Analytical Reasoning was moderate to difficult.
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning was moderately difficult and rather lengthy.
The participating colleges release category-wise cutoffs to grant admission to CET qualified candidates. The cutoff is in the form of opening and closing ranks. Candidates who fall in that rank range will get admission in the college. The cutoff rank is based on various factors such as:
- No. of candidates qualified the exam
- The difficulty level of question paper
- Number of seats available in participating colleges
Rank based on MH CET Law Score:
|MARKS OBTAINED IN MH CET LAW 2021||EXPECTED RANK RANGE|
|Less than 30||45,000|
|30 – 40||45000 – 30000|
|41 – 61||30000 – 16000|
|61 – 70||16000 – 8000|
|70 – 80||8000 – 6000|
|80 – 91||6000 – 4000|
|91 – 113||4000 – 1000|
|112 – 120||1000 – 250|
|120 +||250 – 1|
State Common Entrance Test Cell Maharashtra holds the counselling for MH CET Law through Centralised Admission Process (CAP). Through this procedure, candidates are granted admissions to various law programs offered in the state of Maharashtra. To participate in the counselling procedure, candidates are required to follow the listed steps:
- Register online by entering your CET 2021 roll number on the official website.
- After successfully registering for the online counselling, exercise choice option to select the preferred college.
- After completion of this process, authority will release the name of shortlisted candidates eligible for the document verification process.
- Once this is over candidates need to submit admission fees in order to secure a seat in the college of their choice.
- As per the trends, there are approximately four rounds of MH CET Law Counselling.
|Institute Type||Percentage of Sanctioned CAP Seats|
|Maharashtra Domiciled||All India Seats||NRI, OCI, PIO, Foreign Quota||Minority Quota|
|Govt. Aided Institutes||85%||10%||5%||NA|
|Govt. Aided Minority Institutes||35%||10%||5%||50%|
|University Dept/ Courses (Govt. Aided)||85%||10%||5%||NA|
The seat allotment process is the last and final step of the admission process. If the seats are still vacant after the third round of counselling, then a fourth round of counselling will be organized.
- If a candidate has been allotted a seat then he/she has to download the ‘Provisional Seat Allotment Letter’.
- Students have to draw a demand draft in favor of Competent Authority and deposit it at the admission reporting center at the time of seat acceptance.
- After verification of documents, the center-in-charge will give the online receipt of acceptance to the candidate.
The fee to be paid by the candidate under various categories are as follows:
|SBC/ OBC||INR 3000|
|Vimukta Jatis/ De-notified Tribes||INR 3000|
|Nomadic Tribes||INR 3000|
All law colleges in Maharashtra with the status of Government/ Government Aided/ University Department/ University Managed Colleges/ Institutions, Minority Institutions/Colleges as well as Aided and Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions accept MH CET Law Scores. Here’s a list of the colleges under two universities that will be granting admission for MH CET Law 2021 3 year program.
Savitribai Phule Pune University Law Colleges Accepting MH CET Law Scores
|Name of the law college||Seats|
|Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj's Law College, Nashik||180|
|Yashwantrao Chavan Law College||320|
|Abhinav Education Society's Law College||60|
|K B H Law College Malegaon||60|
|Navjeevan Law College||120|
|Sinhgad Law College||120|
|Vidya Pratishthan's Vasantrao Pawar Law College||120|
|Shikshan Prasarak Sanstha's Shri Omkarnath Malpani Law College Sangamner||60|
|New Law College Ahmednagar||240|
|DES Shri Navalmal Firodia Law College||120|
|MGV Karmveer Bhausaheb Hiray Law College||60|
|MCE Society's A.K.K. New Law Academy||120|
|Kopargaon Taluka Vidyarthi Sahayyak Samiti's Shri. Namdevraoji Parjane Patil Law College||60|
|Marathwada Mitra Mandal's Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune||120|
|Kha.Shri Govindrao Adik Law College||60|
|ILS Law College, Pune||160|
|Balaji Law College||120|
|Progressive Education Society's Modern Law College||180|
|Pune District Education Association Law College, Hadapsar||120|
|Shri Shivaji Maratha Society's Law College, Pune||120|
|Hutatma Rajguru Shikshan Prasarak Mandal's Law College Rajgurunagar||60|
|Dr. D. Y. Patil Law College||120|
|G E Society`s NB Thakur Law College||240|
|Subhadra Educational Society's SNBP Law College||120|
Mumbai University Law Colleges Accepting MH CET Law Scores
|Name of Law Colleges||Seats|
|Rajarshi Shahu College of Law||120|
|Victor Dantas Law College Kudal||120|
|Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law||120|
|PES Dr. Ambedkar College of Law, Mumbai||240|
|Viva College of Law||60|
|Siddhayog Law College, khed||60|
|Gokhale Education Society's Law College, Kharghar||60|
|Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Law College Bhiwandi||60|
|Mangaon Shikshan Prasarak Mandal's Ashokdada Sable Law College||60|
|Jai Bhagwan Law College||60|
|Vidya Prasarak Mandal's Thane Municipal Corporation Law College, Thane||240|
|Vivekanand Education Society's College of Law||120|
|Siddharth College of Law||240|
|Sonopant Dandekar Shikshan Mandali's Law College, Palghar||60|
|St Wilfred's College of law, Panvel||180|
|Shivajirao S Jondhle Institute of Law & Research||60|
|Shree L R Tiwari College of Law||60|
|Shri Hari Educational Trust St Rocks Degree College Of Law||120|
|Shri Indrapal Baburao Chaughule Law College||60|
|Shri Pancham Khemraj Law College Sawantwadi||120|
|Oriental Education Society's Oriental College of Law||120|
|Sandesh College of Law||120|
|Ratnagiri Education Society's Shriman Bhagojisheth Keer Law College, Ratnagiri||60|
|Rizvi Law College||180|
|Nari Gursahani Law College||60|
|Modern Education Society's New Law College||240|
|Anjuman-I-Islam's Barrister A R Antulay College of Law||60|
|Asmita College of Law||120|
|Bhagubai Changu Thakur College of Law, New Panvel||120|
|Lords Universal College of Law||120|
|M.K.E.S. College of law||180|
|Mahatma Gandhi Mission's Law College||60|
|Manjara Charitable Trust College of Law||120|
|Dr D Y Patil College Of Law, Nerul Navi Mumbai||120|
|Gopaldas Jhamatmal Advani Law College||240|
|Government Law College||300|
|Hindi Vidya Prachar Samiti's College of Law||60|
|Dhirajlal Talakchand Sankalchand Shah College of Law||60|
|Ideal College of Law||120|
|Lala Lajpatrai College of Law||60|
|Janata Shikshan Mandal Adv. Datta Patil College of Law Alibag||60|
|Jeevandeep Shaikshanik Sanstha's Jeevandeep Law College||60|
|Jitendra Chauhan College of Law||240|
|Adv. Balasaheb Apte College of Law||60|
|Chembur Karnataka College of Law||120|
|Children Welfare Centre College of Law||120|
|Nalanda Law College||120|
|Balasaheb Thackeray Law College||60|
|KES' Shri Jayantilal H Patel Law College||60|
|Kishinchand Chellaram Law College||240|
|KLE College of Law||60|
|M S College of law||180|
Ques. What is the basic eligibility for MH CET LAW 2021?
Ans. MH CET LAW 2021 is conducted for 5-year LLB and 3-year LLB Program. Students writing the exam for a 5-year LLB program must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized board with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserved categories). Aspirants appearing for 3-year LLB Program through MH CET LAW must have graduated from any recognized university or college with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserved categories).
Ques. I am in my final year of graduation. Can I apply for MH CET LAW?
Ans. Yes. You can appear in MH CET LAW for a 3-Year LLB Program. However, you should have completed your graduation by the time of admission.
Ques. I have registered for MH CET LAW under SC/ST Category but I don’t have valid documents. Will my application be rejected?
Ans. No. If you fail to submit valid documents approved by the concerned authority, you MH CET LAW 2021 Application Form will be considered under the general category. It is highly recommended that you fill MH CET 2021 Application Form with the utmost attention to avoid any such errors.
Ques. I have made some mistakes in my MH CET LAW Application Form. Is there any way to rectify those?
Ans. No. There is no MH CET LAW Form Correction window made available to registered students by MAHACET.
Ques. My father’s name is misspelled in MH CET LAW Admit Card. How do I get it changed?
Ans. Any sort of discrepancy in your MH CET LAW 2021 Admit Card can affect your candidature in the exam and admission process thereafter. MAHACET encourages students to report at the following address in case of any discrepancy in students’ Admit Cards.
305, Government Polytechnic Building,
49, Kherwadi, Ali Yavar Jung Marg, Bandra East
Mumbai – 400051
Phone Number: +91-22-26476034
Ques. I am not proficient in English. Can I take MH CET LAW 2021 in my native language?
Ans. MH CET LAW 2021 is taken state-wide bilingually. You can write MH CET LAW in any of the following languages.
Ques. What is the exam pattern of MH CET LAW 2021?
Ans. Exam Pattern for CET LAW 2021 5-Year and 3-Year LLB Program is similar in many terms. The exams are conducted for a total of 150 marks divided equally among 150 questions.
Ques. What are the tie-breaking criteria in MH CET LAW 2021?
Ans. Tie-breaking criteria of the MH CET LAW is similar for 5-year and 3-year LLB programs. Preference is given to students with higher scores in the qualifying exam.
Ques. How is the MH CET LAW 2021 Cutoff decided?
Ans. The cutoff is decided on the basis of average marks scored in the exam, the total number of students appearing in the exam and number of seats available in LLB programs.
Ques. What should I do if there is a lot of delay in accessing the page?
Ans. Delay in accessing the registration page can be caused due to various factors like internet speed, a large number of applicants trying to register the application form at the same time. You can try again at the gap of 15 minutes or at the time of night when less number of candidates register.
Ques. How do I know that my application is registered successfully?
Ans. Successful registration is indicated when the ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Password’ is generated successfully. You must preserve the registration number carefully as it is required at the time of printing Application form and downloading Admit Card.
Ques. I did not receive the email for registration of my application?
Ans. Registration Number and Password will also be mailed by auto-response Confirmation emails. Receiving these emails depends on the correctness of EMail ID provided, Policy of your EMail Service Provider to accept and Divert such emails under Bulk or Spam Mails or bounce back such mails without accepting it due to a heavy number of emails generated by our Applications. In case of Govt. /official /company Email Ids, delivery is controlled by your Company Policies.
Ques. I did not receive the acknowledgment/ reply to my email communication?
Ans. "Reply to" Email Id for the Application is created for the convenience of the Candidates for genuine communications. Please do not use this address to send back the emails for "Acknowledgment", "Vacation Mail", "Friendship Offers", "Sales Offers" etc. Email Server is configured to delete such emails automatically.
Ques. What details should I retain while replying to auto-response emails?
Ans. You will receive a mail containing "REGISTRATION NO." and "PASSWORD". You must preserve the credentials required to reprint the application form and download the admit card.
Ques. Due to some unavoidable reason, I will not be able to appear for the examination for the allocated session. What should I do?
Ans. No candidate will be allowed to appear for MH CET Law 2021 in other than the allotted session. Any request for Centre, Venue and Session change will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Ques. Can I make the payment for the application fee via offline mode?
Ans. No, MH CET Law fee can be paid via online system only by Internet Payment, Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets for which the service charges, as per rules, shall be applicable in addition to the application form Processing Fees.
Ques. Can I go back and forth while answering the questions in MH CET Law 2021?
Ans. Yes, candidates can attempt any question at any point in time within the stipulated time i.e. 120 minutes.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.