MH CET Law 2018 Result, Registration, Exam Date, Syllabus
Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra has declared the MH CET Law 2018 result for 5-year LLB programs on May 7. MH CET Law was held on April 22, 2018, from 11 a.m onwards, for admissions to five-year integrated law programs and for the three-year LLB programs will be held on June 17, 2018.
Along with the publication of MH CET Law merit list and release of the score card. Afterwards, the DHE Maharashtra will organise MH CET Law 2018 Counselling between June and August, even as the classes at respective law colleges are to begin in the same month.
Latest: To Check MH CET Law Result 2018 for five-year integrated law program – Click Here
The law exam will include 150 MCQs each carrying 1 mark to be completed within 2 hours. Candidates can appear for the entrance test if,
- He/she has acquired a minimum of 45% marks in 10+2 examinations (for 5-year LLB program)
- He/she has acquired a minimum of 45% marks in undergraduate degree course (for 3-year LLB program)
- The official MH CET Law Mock Test for 5 year program is available now.Click Here
- The official MH CET Law Mock Test for 3 year program is available now.Click Here
Highlights of MH CET Law 2018
|Exam Name||MH CET Law or Maharashtra Law CET|
|Conducting Body||DTE Maharashtra|
|Official Website||www.mahacet.org or www.dhepune.gov.in|
|Exam Level||State Level|
3 Year program- June 17, 2018
5 Year Program- April 22, 2018
|Eligibility Criteria||3-year Program: Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks|
|5-year Program: Qualifying exam with 45% marks|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|MH CET Law Helplinefirstname.lastname@example.org | 022-26473719 (between 10 am to 6 pm)|
MH CET Exam Official Schedule Screenshot
Exam Calendar (Released)
Tabulated below are the official MH CET Law 2018 Exam Dates:
|Events||Date (5 year)||Date (3 year)|
|Availability of MH CET Law 2018 Application Form||Feb. 23 – Mar. 26, 2018||Apr. 16 – May 16, 2018|
|Issue of MH CET Law 2018 Admit Card||April 11, 2018||1st week of June, 2018|
|MH CET Law 2018 Exam Date|
April 22, 2018
|June 17, 2018|
|Release of MH CET Law 2018 Result||May 7, 2018||Last week of June 2018|
MH CET Law 2018 Eligibility – Can you Apply?
- A candidate should be an Indian national.
- Aspirants must have the domicile of Maharashtra state
LLB (5 years) course
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Applicants must have 45% in the qualifying exam and 40% for reserved categories.
LLB (3 years) course
- Candidate must hold the graduate or post graduate degree from any recognized institution in any stream.
- Aspirants must have 45% in the qualifying exam and 40% for reserved categories.
Check detailedMH CET Law Eligibility
Registration for MH CET Law 2018 (Open)
Application Form Dates: 5 year prog. (Feb. 23 – Mar. 26) | 3 year prog. (Apr. 16 – May 16)
The application form filling procedure is completely online. Visit MH CET Law Official Website to register for the state level law examination.
Ques. What credentials are required before starting the registration procedure?
Ans: Listed below are the required credentials:
- Valid email ID
- Valid Mobile Number
- Candidate’s Name as on official documents
- Date of birth
- Scanned Passport size Photograph
- Scanned Signature
There are three major steps to apply online for MH CET Law namely Registration, Uploading Documents and Fee Payment. A brief about the same are listed below:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of DHE i.e. www.dhepune.gov.in or www.mahacet.org.
- Click ‘Apply Online’ and choose ‘Click here for New Registration’
- Enter Name, Contact details and Email-id, to get a Provisional Registration No. and Password.
- Save application by clicking 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
Step 2: Upload Documents
After entering all the details in MH CET Law 2018 Application form, you have to scan and upload your photo and signature. There are certain guidelines defined by the authorities to upload these documents.
|Photograph||20 kb – 50 kb|
|Signature||10 kb – 20 kb|
Check detailedGuidelines for Uploading Documents
Step 3: Application Fee Payment
Application fee is set as per candidate’s category. It can be paid through online mode only. There are three modes of payment or for depositing the fee. They are as follows:
- Credit card
- Debit card (RuPay/Visa/Master card/Maestro)
- Internet banking
- Cash cards
- Mobile wallet
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
|General Category from Maharashtra State, All Candidates belonging to Outside Maharashtra State (OMS/All India Candidature), J & K Migrant||800|
|Reserved Category of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only Reserved category||400|
Download MH CET Law 2018 Admit Card
Issue Date of MH CET Law Admit Card: 5 year – April 11 | 3 year – June 2018
DTE Maharashtra will release the document on the official website. Enter application number/registration number and password to access MH CET Law Admit Card. It is mandatory to carry admit card to the exam center on the day of examination.
Details on Admit Card
Candidates must cross-check all the details mentioned on the admit card. The details mentioned on admit card includes:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Venue or name of the examination center
- Timings of the examination
- Rules and regulations to be followed on exam day
Documents Required with Admit Card
Along with the admit card, candidates are required to carry below-mentioned documents along with them on the day of the examination.
- Photo IDs such as PAN card and Aadhar Card
- Print out of the Application Form
- One recent photograph that the candidate uploaded during applying for MH CET application form
MH CET Law 2018 Exam Center
- Candidates have to select any three centers of their own choice at the time of registration.
- After entering the choice of MH CET Law exam center, it will be considered final.
- Complete details of the exam venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
Some points which candidates must keep in mind before they go for the law exam:
- Reach the exam hall 30 minutes before the exam commences.
- Carry admit card and the Photo ID to the examination hall.
- No electronic gadgets are allowed inside the exam hall.
- Candidates are not allowed to leave the examination hall before the completion of time.
- No request for change of Centre/Venue/Date/ Session for MH CET Law 2018 will be entertained.
- The competent authority reserves the right to cancel any of the centres and /or add some other centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility
- Competent Authority also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted.
Pattern and Syllabus for MH CET Law
MH CET Law 2018 Exam Date: 5 year (April 22) and 3 year (June 17)
Detailed Exam Pattern of LL.B 5-year Program
- The Government of Maharashtra, State Common Entrance Test Cell, has scheduled the examination for April 22.
- MH CET Law 2018 Exam held for 5-year Integrated LLB program will comprise 150 MCQs each carrying 1 mark.
- There is NO negative marking.
The section-wise distribution of marks and questions in the exam is tabulated below:
|Section name||Number of Questions||Total marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||40||40|
|General Knowledge with current affairs||30||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||40||40|
Detailed Exam Pattern for 3-year LLB program
- The conducting body has scheduled the law exam for June 17.
- The paper will contain 150 MCQs.
- There is NO negative marking and the time duration of exam will be 2 hours.
The section-wise distribution of marks and questions in the exam is explained below in the given table:
|Name of the section||Total number of questions||Total marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30||30|
|General Knowledge and current affairs||40||40|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||30|
Important Topics for MH CET Law
- DTE Maharashtra releases MH CET Law syllabus each year.
- The syllabus for both the programs remains almost same.
- No change in the syllabus of MH CET Law has been notified as yet.
The topics covered for the exam are as mentioned below:
Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning
- In this section, the problem-solving ability and candidate’s interest towards the study of law will be checked.
- The questions will be based on legal prepositions and sets of facts.
- Test takers are required to assume the truth of these prepositions and answer accordingly.
Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- The questions in this section will be based on wide analogies, completing arguments, drawing well-supported conclusions, reasoning by analogy, applying rules, etc.
- Also, this section will test candidate’s ability to understand structure, relationship and drawing logical conclusions about structures
GK and Current Affairs
- For the current affairs section, aspirants are required to follow the current events in politics, economy, education, etc.
- To prepare for the GK section, candidates can study topics such as History, Geography, General Science, Civics, etc.
Questions in this section checks candidate’s command over English vocabulary.
|Comprehension passages||Synonyms and Antonyms|
|Choosing correct words||Idioms and phrases|
|Jumble words and sentences||Fill-in the blank|
|Spotting errors||spelling mistakes|
- In this section, candidate’s aptitude for elementary Mathematics is tested.
- To prepare for this section, aspirants can revise the syllabus of Class 10.
|Speed and Distance||Venn Diagram|
|Profit and Loss||Average|
|Time and Work||Algebra|
MH CET Law 2018 Result
Release of MH CET Law Results: 5 year (May 7) | 3 year (June 2018)
- MH CET Law 2018 Result is declared by the Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra.
- The results are released on MH CET Law official website i.e. www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in
- Enter your registration no. & DOB to check your results.
- It will be released in the form of scorecard, carrying scores and qualifying status of the candidate.
- The merit list is prepared on the basis of scores obtained in the law examination.
|Total Registrations for MH CET Law 2017||19,000 approx.|
|Candidates who appeared for MH CET Law||14,559|
|Highest Score||134 out of 150|
|Candidates crossing 112 marks benchmark||295|
|Candidates crossing 100 marks benchmark||1099|
* The data tabulated above is for the 5 year bachelor of law course.
Know more about MH CET Law Results
MH CET Law 2018 Cut Off
Cut off is the minimum score set by the conducting authority for all the candidates. Candidates who score equal or more marks as per the specified cutoff score will be declared as qualified.
Cut off is calculated on various factors, namely:
- Number of Candidate appeared for MH CET Law exam
- No of candidates passed the exam
- Difficulty level of question paper
- Number of vacancy for this exam
- Cut Off may also be section-wise
CheckMH CET Law Cut Off
Counselling for MH CET Law 2018
- DHE Maharashtra holds the counselling for MH CET Law through Centralised Admission Process (CAP).
- Through this procedure, candidates are granted admissions to various law programs offered in the state of Maharashtra.
To participate in the counselling procedure, candidates are required to follow the listed steps:
- Register online by entering your Login ID on the official website of the law entrance exam.
- After successfully registering for the online counselling, exercise choice option to select the preferred callege.
- After completion of this process, authorities release the name of shortlisted candidates eligible for document verification process.
- Once this is over candidates need to submit admission fee in order to secure a seat in the college of their choice.
- As per the trends, there are approximately four rounds of MH CET Law Counselling.
MH CET Law Seat Reservation
Percentage of Sanctioned CAP Seats
All India Seats
NRI, OCI, PIO, Foreign Quota
Govt. Aided Institutes
Govt. Aided Minority Institutes
University Dept/ Courses (Govt. Aided)
Seat Allotment Process
The seat allotment process is the last and final step of admission process. If seats are still vacant after third round of counselling, then only fourth round of counselling will be organized.
- If a candidate has been allotted a seat then he/she has to download the ‘Provisional Seat Allotment Letter’.
- Students have to draw a demand draft in favour of Competent Authority and deposit it at the admission reporting centre at the time of seat acceptance.
- After verification of documents, the centre-in-charge will give the online receipt of acceptance to the candidate.
The fee to be paid by the candidate under various categories are as follows:
|SBC/ OBC||INR 3000|
|Vimukta Jatis/ De-notified Tribes||INR 3000|
|Nomadic Tribes||INR 3000|
MH CET Law 2018 FAQs
Ques. What is the basic eligibility for MH CET LAW 2018?
Ans. MH CET LAW 2018 is conducted for 5-year LLB and 3-year LLB Program. Students writing exam for 5-year LLB program must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized board with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserved categories).
Aspirants appearing for 3-year LLB Program through MH CET LAW must have graduated from any recognized university or college with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserved categories).
Ques. I am in my final year of graduation. Can I apply for MH CET LAW?
Ans. Yes. You can appear in MH CET LAW for 3-Year LLB Program. However, you should have completed your graduation by the time of admission.
Ques. I have registered for MH CET LAW under SC/ST Category but I don’t have valid documents. Will my application be rejected?
Ans. No. If you fail to submit valid documents approved by the concerned authority, you MH CET LAW 2018 Application Form will be considered under general category.
It is highly recommended that you fill MH CET 2018 Application Form with the utmost attention to avoid any such errors.
Ques. I have made some mistakes in my MH CET LAW Application Form. Is there any way to rectify those?
Ans. No. There is no MH CET LAW Form Correction window made available to registered students by MAHACET.
Ques. My father’s name is misspelled in MH CET LAW Admit Card. How do I get it changed?
Ans. Any sort of discrepancy in your MH CET LAW 2018 Admit Card can affect your candidature in the exam and admission process thereafter. MAHACET encourages students to report at the following address in case of any discrepancy in students’ Admit Cards.
305, Government Polytechnic Building,
49, Kherwadi, Ali Yavar Jung Marg, Bandra East
Mumbai – 400051
Phone Number: +91-22-26476034
Ques. I am not proficient in English. Can I take MH CET LAW 2018 in my native language?
Ans. MH CET LAW 2018 is taken state-wide bilingually. You can write MH CET LAW in any of the following languages.
Ques. What is the exam pattern of MH CET LAW 2018?
Ans. Exam Pattern forMH CET LAW 2018 5-Year and 3-Year LLB Program is similar in many terms. The exams are conducted for a total of 150 marks divided equally among 150 questions.
Ques. What are the tie-breaking criteria in MH CET LAW 2018?
Ans. Tie-breaking criteria of the MH CET LAW is similar for 5-year and 3-year LLB program. Preference is given to students with higher scores in the qualifying exam.
Ques. How do I retrieve my lost MH CET LAW Scorecard?
Ans. MH CET LAW 2018 Scorecard is one of the important documents to be produced at the time of counselling and admission. Students who have lost their MH CET LAW Scorecard must report to the concerned authority as soon as possible at the following address:
305, Government Polytechnic Building,
49, Kherwadi, Ali Yavar Jung Marg, Bandra East
Mumbai – 400051
Phone Number: +91-22-26476034
Ques. How is the MH CET LAW 2018 Cutoff decided?
Ans. The cutoff is decided on the basis of average marks scored in the exam, total number of students appearing in the exam and number of seats available in LLB programs.
Ques. What should I do if there is a lot of delay in accessing the page?
Ans. Delay in accessing the registration page can be caused due to various factors like internet speed, large number of applicants trying to register the application form at the same time. You can try again at the gap of 15 minutes or at the time of night when less number of candidates register.
Ques. How do I know that my application is registered successfully?
Ans. Successful registration is indicated when the ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Password’ is generated successfully. You must preserve the registration number carefully as it is required at the time of printing Application form and downloading Admit Card.
Ques. I did not receive the email for registration of my application?
Ans. Registration Number and Password will also be mailed by auto-response Confirmation emails. Receiving of these emails depends on the correctness of E-Mail ID provided, Policy of your E-Mail Service Provider to accept and Divert such emails under Bulk or Spam Mails or bounce back such emails without accepting it due to a heavy number of emails generated by our Applications. In case of Govt. /official /company Email Ids, delivery is controlled by your Company Policies.
Ques. I did not receive the acknowledgment/ reply to my email communication?
Ans. "Reply to" Email Id for the Application is created for the convenience of the Candidates for genuine communications. Please do not use this address to send back the emails for "Acknowledgment", "Vacation Mail", "Friendship Offers", "Sales Offers" etc. Email Server is configured to delete such emails automatically.
Ques. What details should I retain while replying to auto-response emails?
Ans. You will receive a mail containing "REGISTRATION NO." and "PASSWORD". You must preserve the credentials required to reprint the application form and downloading admit card.
Ques. Due to some unavoidable reason, I will not be able to appear for the examination for the allocated session. What should I do?
Ans. No candidate will be allowed to appear for MH CET Law 2018 in other than the allotted session. Any request for Centre, Venue and Session change will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Ques. Can I make the payment for the application fee via offline mode?
Ans. No, MH CET Law fee can be paid via online system only by Internet Payment, Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets for which the service charges, as per rules, shall be applicable in addition to the application form Processing Fees.
Ques. Can I go back and forth while answering the questions in MH CET Law 2018?
Ans. Yes, candidates can attempt any question at any point in time within the stipulated time i.e. 120 minutes.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College