HPU Invites Applications for M.Sc Nursing Program; Forms Available Now

Durgesh Rai Durgesh Rai
Content Curator

Himachal Pradesh University is inviting applications for M.Sc Nursing course. The course is run on behalf of the Dept of Medical Education & Research, Govt of Himachal Pradesh and caters to students who want to pursue the degree course of M.Sc Nursing.

Candidates who will clear the test and the later rounds will be eligible for admission into the 2 years course of M.Sc Nursing in all Govt, and Private colleges in HP.

HPU has mentioned the list of colleges and the availability of the number of seats for the programme on its official website. 

Read More: HPCET 2020 Application Form Extended: Apply at himtu.ac.in

Himachal Pradesh M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020 Important Dates:

Events

Dates

Application Last Date

3rd Week of August 2020

Entrance Exam Date

2nd Week of September 2020

Himachal Pradesh M.Sc Nursing 2020 Entrance Exam Details:

The duration of the M.Sc Nursing entrance examination will be 2 hours and will be conducted in the 2nd week of September 2020.

The entrance exam will contain one section which will be a written section in unison with the syllabus of GNM/B.Sc.

The question paper for the entrance examination will consist of 150 Objective type questions in English medium.

Read More: NERIST NEE 2020 Exam Cancelled, Admission to be based on Merit

Himachal Pradesh M.Sc Nursing Eligibility Criteria 2020

The eligibility criteria of Himachal Pradesh M.Sc Nursing course has been mentioned below: 

  • Applicants should be females who are registered Nurse or Registered Midwife with Himachal Pradesh State’s Nurses registration council Shimla.
  • Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in B.Sc Nursing and must have at least 55% aggregate marks from a recognized institution.
  • Applicant must have a minimum of one year of work-ex before or after Post Basics BSc Nursing and after BSc Nursing at the time of counselling.

Details About Quota Seats: 

There are two types of Quota seats: In-service quota seats and Direct quota seats. A detailed description of both the seats has been mentioned below.

In-service Quota seats:

In-service quota caters to in-service regular appointed Nursing Cadre candidates of the government of HP. The quota also considers need-based or contract-based nominees.

To be eligible for this quota, a minimum of five years of service must be completed on the last date of submission of the form.

Furthermore, the applicant must not be 50 years of age or above while applying as on 31st December. The counselling cum admission form in respect of in-service candidates should be submitted within the specified time. 

The form must be submitted along with the mandatory documents, especially a service certificate cum NOC at the time of counselling.

A total of 60% seats are reserved for in-service candidates of Himachal Pradesh government while the remaining 40% seats will be filled by open competition.

Direct Quota Seats: 

Direct Quota seats will be available for the open competition. Employees of autonomous bodies who are financed by Himachal Pradesh Government, who have pursued their B.Sc. Nursing, also form a part of this

Applicants for direct quota seats should be of age between 17 and 35 years as on 31st December. In the case of SC and ST candidates, the upper age is relaxable by 5 years.

Read More: No Decision Made on Promoting First and Second Year Students: Himachal Pradesh University