HPU B.Ed 2018 Result, Cut off, Merit list, Counselling
HPU B.Ed 2018 (Himachal Pradesh University B.Ed) is a national level exam conducted every year for admitting aspirants into regular 2 years B.Ed programs offered by Himachal Pradesh University and its affiliated institutes. HPU B.Ed 2018 Result has been declared in online mode for the exam conducted on July 15, 2018.
|HPU B.Ed Eligibility||HPU B.Ed Exam Pattern||HPU B.Ed Participating Colleges|
- HPU B.Ed exam will be conducted on July 15, 2018 in offline mode.
- Exam will comprise multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- The test paper will consist of a total of 150 questions.
- 85% seats are reserved for bonafide candidates of the state.
Admission into the course will be strickly based on the merit of mark obtain in the entrance test. The minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test will be 35 % (i.e. 53 out of 150). In case of SC/ST/OBC/PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED candidates, the minimum qualifying marks shall be lowered by 5 % i.e. will be 30 % (45 out of 150).
HPU B.Ed 2018 Highlights
The aspirants must go through the highlights of HPU B.Ed 2018 carefully. The list of important details about the entrance test for the academic year of 2018-19 is given below:
|Exam Highlights Table|
|Date of HPU B.Ed 2018||July 07, 2018|
|Conducting body||Himachal Pradesh University|
|Mode of HPU B.Ed 2018||Offline (pen and paper based)|
|Duration of HPU B.Ed 2018||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Sections||5- General Awareness, Language & Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, Knowledge of National Commissions and Teaching Aptitude and Attitude|
|Number of questions||150|
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQs)|
HPU B.Ed 2018 Exam Dates
The exam schedule will be announced in the information brochure for HPU B.Ed 2018. Aspirants can refer to the official website www.hpuniv.in. The important dates of the exam are given below:
|Commencement of online Application||June 08, 2018|
|Last date for submitting Application form||June 30, 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||July 07, 2018|
|Date of HPU B.Ed 2018 entrance exam||July 15, 2018 (Sunday) (Time: 11 AM to 1 PM)|
|Declaration of result||July 25, 2018|
|Date of Issuance of Merit List|
July 31, 2018
|Counseling and spot admission|
First week of August, 2018
HPU B.Ed 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterion for HPU B.Ed 2018 is as set up by the Himachal Pradesh University. Participants must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
Nationality: Applicants must be citizens of India to appear for HPU B.Ed 2018.
Age Limit: There is no upper age limit prescribed to students applying to the regular B.Ed course of 2 years.
- Aspirants must secure at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree (Medical/ Non-Medical/ Commerce/ Arts) or in Master’s Degree in Social Sciences/ Sciences/ Humanity/ Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks.
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD applicants must secure a minimum of 45% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Students appearing for the final semester of the qualifying exam or awaiting their result of the same are also eligible provided they produce the necessary documents at the time of admission.
HPU B.Ed 2018 Application Form
HPU B.Ed 2018 Application forms will be available online from April 2018. The portal for applying for the exam will close in the 3rd week of May 2018. Candidates can apply for HPU B.Ed 2018 by the online mode only. Online forms will be available on the official website of Himachal Pradesh University.
Aspirants must apply through the online mode by following the simple steps given below:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit official HPU website and click on ‘Register Now’ to create a new account. Candidates will have to enter basic information about themselves like name, date of birth, email ID, mobile number, etc.
- After submitting this page, applicants will be allotted a system generated application ID.
Step 2: Application Form
- Students must use the application ID to login to their accounts and proceed to the further steps.
- They will be required to fill up personal information (name of parents, gender, category, choice of exam center, etc.), contact details (mailing address, telephone number, etc.) and academic details.
- Verify the details provided and click on ‘Save & Next’.
Step 3: Uploading Documents
- Individuals must then upload scanned copies of recent passport-size photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned in the brochure.
- The size of the scanned image of photograph should be less than 50 KB while that of Signature should be less than 30 KB. Both files should be of .jpg format.
- Select the option of preview tab to view the uploaded images.
Step 4: Payment of Fees
- Individuals must then proceed to pay the requisite fees which can be done through both online and offline mode.
- The final steps of completing the application form can be done only after payment is confirmed.
- They must preserve the receipt of transaction as proof of payment.
Step 5: Confirmation Page
- After the payment is confirmed, the complete application form will open in a new window.
- Check all the information entered and modify the details if there is any discrepancy. The application forms cannot be modified after this stage so candidates are advised to verify the application form carefully.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Take a print out 2 copies of the confirmation page generated for future references.
Step 6: Submission of Application Form at HPU
- Aspirants will be required to submit a copy of the confirmed application form along with receipt of payment to HPU.
- They can send it by speed post or deliver it by hand. The documents should be enclosed in an envelope and should be addressed to-
‘The Assistant Registrar (Entrance Tests),
Room No. 10, Administrative Block, Ground Floor,
H.P. University, Summer Hill, Shimla – 171 005 (H.P.)’.
HPU B.Ed 2018 Application Fee
The payment of fees is an important step in completing HPU B.Ed 2018 application process. Any application form submitted without remitting the entrance fees will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
1. Application fee for HPU B.Ed 2018 is INR 900 for General and OBC category (INR 450 for SC/ ST candidates).
2. The application fee is non-refundable.
3. Application fees can be paid via both online and offline mode.
4. The modes of payment are stated below:
- Online mode- Aspirants can pay the fees via Internet banking or Credit/ Debit card. A small transaction charge may be applicable.
- Offline mode- Individuals can pay by the offline mode by using an e-Challan of State bank of India. They will have to download the e-Challan from the website, fill in the necessary details and submit it along with the fees at the nearest branch of the bank.
HPU B.Ed 2018 Admit Card
The process of downloading HPU B.Ed 2018 admit card will be start from July 07, 2018.
Follow these steps to download HPU B.Ed 2018 Admit Card:
- Log on to the official website of HPU.
- Select the link ‘Download HPU B.Ed 2018 Admit Card’
- Applicants will be redirected to a page where they will be required to enter application number/ email ID and date of birth.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
- Admit card will appear.
- Download it and take a printout of it for future references.
- Admit card can be downloaded from the official website of HPU.
- It will not be sent by post to any participant.
- Hall tickets should be preserved carefully as it has to be produced at the time of admission and counselling, duly signed by the exam invigilator.
- It will contain details about the applicant such as the name and roll number, date of exam and the test center allotted along with the address.
- It is an important document of the B.Ed entrance test and no student will be granted entry into the exam hall without it.
HPU B.Ed 2018 Exam Center
HPU B.Ed 2018 will be conducted in a number of cities across the state. Individuals will be allowed to choose 1 city as their preferred examination center.
- They will have to select the city code in the application form accordingly.
- Governing body will allot a center to the participants and the venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card.
- Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any situation.
HPU B.Ed 2018 Exam Pattern
An objective type (MCQ) Entrance Test for admission to B.Ed. Course will be conducted by the H. P. University, Shimla on July 15, 2018.
- There will be 150 multiple choice questions (MCQ).
- 2 hours duration is given to complete exam.
- 1 mark will be awarded for a correct answer.
|Subject||No. of Question||Marks|
|General Awareness (India and HP)||30||30|
|Language and Comprehension (Hindi and English)||40||40|
|Knowledge of National Commission and Committees on Education||20||20|
|Teaching Aptitude and Attitude||40||40|
Note: There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
Click Here HPU B.Ed 2018 Exam Pattern
HPU B.Ed 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for HPU B.Ed 2018 is based on graduate level knowledge. It covers questions from topics of degree subjects (BA, B.Com, B.Sc, etc.). It is as decided by HPU for every section. HP University B.Ed entrance exam consists of questions from the following subjects-
- General Awareness
- Language and Comprehension
- Logical Reasoning
- Knowledge of National Commission and Committees on Education
- Teaching Aptitude and Attitude
HPU B.Ed 2018 Result
HPU B.Ed 2018 Results will be declared on July 25, 2018. The result will be announced on the official website of the university in the form of score cards. Candidates can download their results by accessing their registered accounts. This can be done by following these few easy steps:
- Log on to the official HPU website.
- Click on ‘HPU B.Ed 2018’ and select the option of ‘Result’.
- Enter the application ID, date of birth and security code as given.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- The result will appear in the form of score card.
- Save a soft copy and print it out for the further admission rounds.
Before declaring the results, HPU will publish an answer key for the entrance test. Applicants can use this answer key to cross-examine their answers and estimate a rough score in HPU B.Ed 2018. The answer key will also be open for objection and candidates can submit documents to prove their claim.
HPU B.Ed 2018 Merit List will be published on the website soon after declaration of the result. It will contain names of students who have qualified the exam in order of ranks secured by them. They will be given HPU B.Ed 2018 Ranks according to the marks secured by them in the entrance test.
Check Detailed HPU B.Ed 2018 Result
HPU B.Ed 2018 Cut off
|Category||Total Marks||Cut off Percentage||Cutoff Marks|
HPU B.Ed 2018 Counselling Process
HPU B.Ed 2018 Counselling Process will start around First week of August, 2018. The participants shortlisted via the merit list must attend the counselling session for admission in the various colleges affiliated to HPU B.Ed 2018. The schedule for the same will be uploaded on the official HPU website.
Individuals must attend the counselling session according to the time and date allotted to them. They must be present in person for the counselling procedure. Students can send an authorized representative in case they are unable to attend counselling. Seats will be allotted on the basis of merit and preference of institute as chosen by the applicant. The counselling process will take place in the following way:
- The counselling session will be held as per the scheduled time and date. The venue for counselling will be uploaded on the website.
- Candidates will have to fill an admission preference form.
- They will be offered seats based on merit and preference of college as chosen by them. Counselling will also include verification of documents and scrutiny of certificates to check the eligibility of applicants.
- Each aspirant also has to pay INR 200 as counselling fees which are non-refundable. If they are seeking admission to a private college they will have to pay INR 25,000 which will be adjusted with the tuition fees of the college.
- Applicants must then report to the institute allotted to them to complete the admission formalities.
- If a candidate or their representative does not attend the counselling session, their claim for admission will be forfeited and seat will be allotted to the next eligible aspirant.
HPU B.Ed 2018 Document Verification
Verification of documents is an important step in counselling. All candidates must carry the following documents required at the time of counselling:
- HPU B.Ed 2018 admit card and rank card
- Class 10 and 12-mark sheet and certificate
- Mark sheets of all semesters of qualifying graduate degree
- Caste certificate
- PwD certificate
- Character certificate from institution last attended
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College