St. Stephen College 2020 Cut-off to be Released soon, likely to Rise by 1-2 Percent

Arunasish Sen Arunasish Sen
Content Curator

St. Stephen’s College is slated to release its cutoff list soon. This decision was made in a meeting of the heads of departments on 15 September. It is expected that the cutoffs for all subjects will increase by one to two percent. The cutoffs will remain high for Humanities students as well; according to some officials, the figure will probably be above 98 percent.

The college sets a precedent for the cutoff lists for other colleges affiliated with Delhi University.

Students who qualify the cutoffs are called for interviews. 85 percent of marks are allotted for performance in the class 12 examination, while the remaining 15 percent of marks are allotted for the interview. Usually, candidates also have to take an entrance examination. However, this year, due to the pandemic, no entrance test will be held. The interviews will also be held online.

Also Read: Delhi University Cutoff 2020: Dates (Tentative), Check College and Course wise Cutoff

50 percent of the seats are reserved for Christian students. A relaxation of 25 percent marks is given to Christian students of the Church of North India by St. Stephen’s College.

According to a senior faculty member, the quality of life on the campus will be affected because of the differences in merit. There is likely to be segregation of the general category students who got into the college by merit, and those students with low marks, who got into the college due to reservations, the official said.