School of Planning and Architecture (SPA) New Delhi, is a premier institute of architecture established in the year of 1941. It is deemed to be a university having recognition as an institute of National importance. The institute is ranked among the top architectural colleges in India and also the 7th best architectural college in Asia. It offers B.Arch., B.Plan at the UG level, M.Arch., M.Plan., M.Des., MBEM at the PG level, and also doctoral programs.
SPA Delhi Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1941| Deemed University|
|Affiliation||National Association of Students of Architecture, NOS Planning|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance based|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Mains|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
SPA Delhi Ranks
School of Planning and Architecture has been ranked among the top architectural college in India by reputed national agencies. Given below are some of the statistics:
SPA Delhi Courses
School of Planning and Architecture offers the following courses at the UG, PG & doctoral level:
Read more: SPA Delhi Courses & Fees
SPA Delhi Admission
- UG Admission: Admission to B.Arch., B.Plan is done based on scores obtained by the candidates on JEE Mains. Candidates qualifying the exam will be called for counselling process
- PG Admission: Selection of candidates for PG courses is merit-based. The institute will conduct a written test and a personal interview. A portfolio of the candidate's work and work experience will also be considered. GATE/CEED qualified candidates will be preferred
- Ph.D. Admission: Admissions to the Ph.D. program require a valid score in UGC-NET examinations.
How to apply?
- Visit the institute’s official website
- Download the application form available
- Pay the application fee online through the SPA’s website or SBI collect
- Send the duly filled form and photocopy of receipt to the institute
Note: For UG programs, candidates need to apply for JEE Mains through the NTA website
Read more: SPA Delhi Admission
SPA Delhi Facilities
- Hostel: The school has hostels for boys and girls having mess arrangements, TV rooms, medical facilities, gym facilities
- Sports: As a part of recreational activities, the college hosts various sports-related events and also encourages its students to maintain active participation in the same.
- Library: There is a library with all facilities where students can gain access to all sought of books and journals for reference purposes and curricular studies.
- Canteen: A canteen is available where students can refresh their mind after a long day and have delicious meals at an affordable price.
Read more: SPA Delhi Hostel
SPA Delhi FAQs
Ques. What are the charges of the hostel?
Ques. How are the placements at this college?
Ques. Are there any scholarships for students?
Ques. What is the intake capacity for B.Arch?
Ques. Is the college Ragging free?