Shoolini University, Solan, is India’s first biotechnology university. The University is well known for courses in engineering, management, science, research and education. This institute is famous for various courses in India and provides an opportunity for the students with its education quality.
- Located at Solan, Himachal Pradesh
- The university was established in 2009 by Government of India under an act of parliament
- It is recognized by UGC
- It is approved by AICTE and Government of Himachal Pradesh
- It offers high quality education degree, diploma and certification programs in engineering, management, science, research and education
- Since the establishment, due to its recent programs in engineering, management, science, research and education it has been a unique university by delivering higher quality education to students
- The University is spread over hectares of land in the range of Solan, Himachal Pradesh. It also offers growth for the existing faculty
- Membership of Confederation of India Industry and Association of Commonwealth Universities and PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- A remote R&D centre for ‘Aakash’ Tablet has been set up at Shoolini University in partnership with IIT Mumbai.
- Department of Technology
- Department of Management Sciences
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Science
- Venus Remedies Ltd, Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Corona Remedies, Meridian Ltd, Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd., RK Laboratories recruited 40 M Pharmacy students to look after the Research and Development, Quality Assurance and Production of their Units. The average package per annum offered by these companies was Rs 2.5 lakh.
- 20 students of Biotechnology and Microbiology were recruited by Biomeureux, Sri Nanda Biotech, Regeneration Technology, LCGC Chron Consumable, Panacea Biotech, Bio-Genic. The pay package offered by these companies range between 2.5 lakh to 4 lakhs per annum. The highest pay package offered was Rs 6 lakh.
Students are required to take part in any of the following activities:
- Shoolini Mountaineering association
- Institute of Engineers
- Entrepreneurship of society
- Speakers Forum
- Music & cultural Club
- Photographic Club
- Indian Society of Technical education (ISTE)
- Nation service scheme(NSS)
The central library of SHOOLINI UNIVERSITY is one of the most rich and well equipped university libraries in India. It is well connected with LAN & Wi-Fi and is open for its students and teaching staff.
- Library with 28,005 books, 108 journals and 208 on-line journals, and Wi-Fi Lab
- The library has the subscription of research journals.
- It has 10000 text books, journals, Ph.D. thesis and dissertations, digital books in form of CD ROM, full text research based journals for reading.
- The institute also has unique library management software to manage the system.
- The system manages and mirrors a great library system from United States of America.
It is used for the computer applications for the students. It exposes students with the web and latest computer program. It has two labs with 25 computers each.
Museum and Herbarium: The University has a herbarium with 500 varieties of herbs.
- Best Private Upcoming Business School and Engineering College in North India by ASSOCHAM
- Great Place to Study in India Award by SkillTree
- Excellent University for research in Biotechnology Sciences by Gujarat Technological University & CCI
- Education Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 by ASSOCHAM
- Shiksha Ratan 2012 by AITMA
- All India 19th Rank among Private Business Schools-Dainik Bhaskar 2014
- All India 2nd Rank in Biotechnology by Bio Spectrum 2012 and 2013
- A+++ rated All India Best Business School by Go Education 2013
- Scholarships for Undergraduate Programmes
- Scholarships for Postgraduate Programmes
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarships
- Academic Merit Scholarships