IIM Kozhikode is ranked 6th amongst the Top Management Colleges in India by the NIRF 2020. Starting with 42 students in PGP’s first batch, the institute has reached a height of 356 (approx) students graduating every year. The number is increasing year by year. MBA/PGPM is the flagship program of the institute, admission to which is given on the basis of CAT score, Working experience, gender diversity, past academic records, and performance in the personal interview round.
IIM Kozhikode Key Facts
- Despite Covid-pandemic, IIM Kozhikode secured 100% summer placement for its largest batch ever.
- The highest stipend received was INR 3.2 Lacs and the average stipend received was INR 1.75 Lacs. Read Complete story
- The institute’s NIRF ranking has gone up over the last year. It is now 5th amongst the IIMs and 6th in Overall Management schools. Read on to IIM Kozhikode Rankings
- Like IIM Lucknow, the institute has its satellite campus at Kochi for Executive Education. Comparatively, the course fee at IIM Kozhikode for executive education is very less i.e., INR 10 Lacs for the whole course. Check IIM Kozhikode Fees
- IIM Kozhikode was the first institute to set up a benchmark among premier business schools in gender diversity with 35% female students in PGP (2011).
- The institute is on a high growth trajectory offering the widest range of academic programs in the field of management. Check IIM Kozhikode Course & Fees
The best thing about MBA course is that a student from any field, be it science, commerce or arts, can pursue this 2 year masters degree course.
IIM Kozhikode Rankings
|NIRF||2020||6 out of 100|
|Outlook ICARE||2021||6 out of 100|
|Economic Times||2020||11 out of 50|
|QS Global Business Masters Ranking||2021||#101|
Read more about IIM Kozhikode Rankings
IIM Kozhikode Vs IIM Indore
|Particulars||IIM Indore||IIM Kozhikode|
|NIRF ranking 2020||7||6|
|Highest CTC||INR 50 LPA||INR 58 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 22 LPA||INR 23 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, MagicBricks, DE Shaw, Goldman Sachs, EY Parthenon, BCG, ABG, ACT Fibernet, etc.||Amazon, Microsoft, Ernst & Young, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase & Co, etc.|
|CAT Cut off||90||97|
IIM Kozhikode Courses
Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode offers postgraduate programs in management mentioned below:
Duration: 2-year | Full-time
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with 50% marks + CAT Score
|Post Graduate Program in Business Leadership (PGP-BL)||
Duration: 1-year | Full-time
|INR 22.50 Lakhs|
Duration: 2 Year | Full Time
Eligibility: Graduates with a minimum 60% aggregate score or equivalent CGPA score + CAT/ GMAT/ GRE exam Score
|INR 20.5 Lakhs|
Duration: 2-year | Full-time
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks + A minimum of 3-years work experience + CAT/GMAT/GRE/ EMAT Score
|Fellowship Program in Management (FPM/ Ph.D.)||
Duration: 5-year | Full-time
Eligibility: Master’s degree in any discipline with 55% marks (OR) Professional qualifications like CA, ICWA, and CS with 50% marks (OR) B.Tech./ B.E. with 60% marks + CAT, GMAT, GRE or IIMB Score followed by Personal Interview.
Also, Check How is the Executive MBA at IIM Kozhikode?
IIM Kozhikode MBA Cut off 2021
|Category||10th class %||12th Class %||Sectional Cut off||Overall Cut off|
IIM Kozhikode Batch Profile 2020-22
IIM Kozhikode witnessed unprecedented gender diversity in its newly inducted batch of 2020-21. Here are the few key highlights of batch 2020-22.
- PGP 2020-22 batch with 492 students has excellent gender diversity and consists of 236 men and 256 women students.
- 40% of Batch coming from Non-Engineering backgrounds such as Architecture, Science, Arts, Medicine, etc.
- Newly launched MBA in Liberal Studies & Management (MBA-LSM) admits 62.5% of women in the inaugural batch.
- 10% of students are with professional degrees and certifications, such as CA, CS, and CFA
Also Check: IIM Kozhikode Reviews on Collegedunia.com
IIM Kozhikode Placement
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode witnessed 100% placements for the 459 students participating in the 2021 placement process with offers being rolled out by 137 recruiters, a 4.6% increase as compared to last year. The average salary stood at INR. 22.5 LPA while the median salary stood at INR. 20 LPA. The top 50% of the students bagged an average package worth INR. 28.9 LPA, an 8.1% increase from last year. 32.7% of the offers were rolled out by the consulting cluster this season, which is a 12.5% increase from the last year.
IIM Kozhikode Placement Highlights 2021
|Number of Recruiters||157|
|Number of New Recruiters||51|
|Number of Students Placed||459|
|Median CTC||20 LPA|
|Average CTC||22.5 LPA|
|Average CTC for top 50%||28.9 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase & Co., Ernst & Young, KPMG, Brain & Company|
The following graph represents the Domain-wise placement statistics observed during the 2021 placement drive:
Read More: IIM Kozhikode Placement 2021
IIM Kozhikode Scholarship
IIMK provides financial assistance to deserving and meritorious students. The merit scholarships are awarded by the Institute to 1st and 2nd year students as per their performance during a particular academic year. The following are the scholarships provided by the Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode:
|Name of the scholarship||Who can avail?|
|IIMK Merit Scholarship||Top 5% of second-year students|
|IIMK Need-Based Scholarship||1st and 2nd year students whose parental income is less than INR 2 Lacs (as per the previous financial year)|
|Central Scholarship for SC students||Awarded by: Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Awarded to: Students whose parental income is less than INR 2 Lacs (as per the previous financial year)
|Central Scholarship for ST students||Awarded by: Ministry of Tribal Affairs Awarded to: Students whose parental income is less than INR 2 Lacs (as per the previous financial year)|
|SGGSC Scholarship||Awarded by: Societe Generale Global Solution Centre Pvt Ltd. Bangalore Awarded to: 2 or students with lowest parental income. The students is awarded this scholarship only after a personal interview|
|Sir Ratan TATA Scholarship||Top 5 second year students based on first year CGPA|
|NTPC Scholarship for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped students||Awarded to students based on their applications submitted|
|Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||Awarded by: Government of India Awarded to: Students whose parental income is less than INR 2 Lacs (as per the previous financial year)|
|Pratibha Scholarship||Awarded by: Government of Andhra Pradesh
Awarded to: Students belonging to Andhra Pradesh with parental income less than INR 1 Lac (as per previous financial year)
|Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship||Awarded by: Government of Maharashtra
Awarded to: Students belonging to Maharashtra with parental income less than INR 2 Lacs (as per previous financial year)
|OP Jindal Scholarship (OPJEMS)||Awarded by: OP Jindal Group Amount awarded: INR 1.50 Lacs Awarded to: One student of each academic year. Also, top 10 students of first year are also eligible to apply|
|Aditya Birla Group Scholarship||Amount: INR 1.75 Lacs (per student) Awarded to: Top 25% students of 1st year PGP program. The selected student can also apply for renewal in second year|
How to avail?
Application forms for the above scholarships are available at the IIMK administration office. Students must apply within time for the scholarship to avail them.
IIM Kozhikode Alumni
IIM Kozhikode has some of the well-known Alumni and they are mentioned as follows:
- Sneha Choudhary: Co-Founder of Zolo and YourStory Media
- Hanish Yadav: Elected as a partner at McKinsey & Company
- Uma Kasoji: Founder of Star in Me and has received two awards for her startup "Top 10" Start-ups of Hyderabad and Winner of the Best Software Product - Women-Led Category awarded by IT Ministry, Government of Telangana
- Surbhi Bhatia: Founder and CEO of The Mom Store, which has been recognized by the Economic Times Industry Leaders 2020 as Leading Holistic Mother and Baby Brand.
- Vikash Bakrewala: Division Director at Bira 91. He has been named to this year’s Forbes Indian 30 under 30 list.
- Thirukumaran Nagarajan: CEO and Co-Founder of Ninjacart
- Swarup Mavanoor: CEO and Co-Founder at SenseHawk
- Sharath Nair: Group Loyalty Manager at Air Arabia.
- Reena Yada: Product Manager at Vodafone Idea Limited
IIM Kozhikode FAQs
Ques. What are the necessary requirements for an online personal interview of IIM Kozhikode?
Ans. The necessary requirements for an online personal interview are:
- A separate room for the Online Personal Interview devoid of any disturbances for at least an hour.
- A Desktop/ Laptop.
- Stable and high-speed internet connection (preferably a LAN).
- Stationery items such as pens/pencils/blank sheets etc.
- A white background or a clear background of a lighter color ensuring better visibility.
- A valid photo ID proof for verification, such as Aadhar Card/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Driver's Licence.
Ques. Do I need to submit any documents to establish my work experience for IIM Kozhikode?
Ans. The Institute accepts original/ official document that proves employment record with the concerned organization. The candidate can produce anything like work experience letters, last drawn salary slip which indicates necessary details. There is no limit on work experience while enrolling for the academic programs, however, the minimum period required is 3 to 7 years in a relevant area.
Ques. Can I get a loan facility to finance my program fees at IIM Kozhikode?
Ans. Students can avail of financial assistance from several prominent banks such as State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, HDFC Bank, etc. The Institute is associated with these banks to provide them student-friendly loans.
Ques. Why should I pursue FPM from IIM Kozhikode?
Ans. FPM is a doctoral program and is equivalent to a Ph.D. The program is designed to offers the students with research opportunities with an International benchmarked standard. IIM Kozhikode also offers a generous amount of financial assistance ranging from INR 27,000 to 33,000 per month. The students are also provided free accommodation on the campus. Apart from this, a contingency grant of INR 1,20,000 is also available for deserving students.
Ques. Can I attend EPGP classes of IIM Kozhikode from abroad?
Ans. No. Students can attend online classes from designated classroom centers within India. The Institute provides the facility for interactive learning through a technological platform namely Times Professional Learning. It has centers across various cities and students can easily access the facility.
Ques. How was the interview experience for IIM Kozhikode admission?
Ans. The panel was friendly and straight to their questions. I started with greeting everyone and the panel started the round. I was asked questions from my past academic records and resume. The panel asked me a few questions about my family and career choices and why I want to pursue MBA now. The interview panel may also start to ask simple questions such as “what does your father do? Why did you choose to pursue PGP from IIM Shillong”? etc. These questions then become tricky and they start to check your IQ by asking about “Why did your father chose to be in your grandfather’s business? You have worked under your father for 2-3 months, What is GST?” etc.
Ques. Does IIM Kozhikode provide hostel facilities?
Ans. IIM Kozhikode has 10 well-furnished hostels with the capacity to accommodate at least 600 students.
Ques. What is the faculty-student ratio at IIM Kozhikode?
Ans. IIM Kozhikode has a faculty-student ratio of 1:6, which means, there is one teacher for every 6 students.
Ques. Is joining IIM Kozhikode a good decision?
Ans. IIM Kozhikode offers a record 100% placement by industry giants Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Goldman Sachs etc. It has 70% regular experienced faculty and 30% visiting from top foreign institutions to create a global perspective and exposure. These factors make IIM Kozhikode, the right choice among MBA aspirants. Know More: IIM Kozhikode
Ques. Does IIM Kozhikode offer online courses?
Ans. Yes, IIM Kozhikode offers about 16 E-Learning Management Development Programs and 2 certificate programs which are short-term courses conducted over weekends or even weekdays.