Allahabad University offers various courses in Arts, Commerce, Law & Science at UG, PG and doctoral levels. There are around 18 courses offered in UG, 60 courses in PG, 43 disciplines in Ph.D, around 25 courses in DIploma and 10 Certificate level subjects. All admissions are entrance based. Applications are available online for both admission and entrance.
University Important Dates
|Combined Research Entrance Test (CRET) Date||January 17, 2021|
|Last Date of Submission of Application for exemption from CRET for JRF Qualifying candidate||January 08, 2021|
Some details about the current academic session for admission have been elaborated in the section below:
- For all UG courses like BA, B.Sc, BPA, BFA, BCA, B.Com, etc admissions are based on UGAT scores.
- Along with UGAT scores, they are also required to qualify for 10+2 or 11+1 in a relevant stream.
- B.Tech admissions are based on scores in UPSEE. Along with scores in 10+2 in PCM.
- BA.LLB and LLB courses admission are based on scores in LFAT and in LAT respectively.
- B.Ed admissions are based on scores in PGAT and scores in 10+2 exams.
- All diploma level admissions are merit based or score obtained in 10+2 exams.
- For all PG courses like MA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Com, MBA, etc are based on PGAT scores.
- M.Tech admissions are also based on rank in GATE.
- Students must have scored in bachelor’s degree also to be eligible.
- Admissions to Ph.D programs are based on scores in CRET and scores in master’s degree.
- Those students who are UGC-NET or JRF or SLET qualified are exempted from appearing for CRET.
- There is a counselling process post generation of merit list for allocating seats in its constituent institutions.
- For admission to the undergraduate courses, the candidate needs to fill out the application form of UGAT after paying an application fee of 700 INR. The candidate has to carry relevant documents at the time of UGAT counselling.
- For admission to B.Ed, Phd and MBA, the application fee is 1,500 INR.
- Candidates who are interested in applying for admission to BA LLB can fill and submit the application form online after paying an application fee of 1,200 INR.
- Candidates who are seeking admission to the M.Tech course will benefit from taking the GATE, as preference is given to candidates with GATE scores. Candidates without a GATE score will be admitted if there are vacant seats after accommodating candidates who have a valid GATE score.
Admission selections include a 5% deduction depending upon the year of passing out while applying for any course. This percentage may go up to 15% depending upon the year of passing out.
Allahabad University has been declared as an ‘Institute of Importance’ and is one of the oldest universities operating in India after University of Calcutta, Mumbai and Madras. It was established in 1887 and is recognized by UGC and MHRD, Government of India.
Allahabad University Admission Highlights 2021
|University Name||Allahabad University|
|Type of Institution||Institute of National Importance|
|Faculties Functioning||Arts, Commerce, Law & Science|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Diploma, Ph.D|
|Total Enrolment for Previous Session||2018-19 Session: 22,150 Admitted|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Entrances Accepted||UG: UGAT; PG: PGAT; Ph.D: CRET|
|Applications Available||Online for both admission & entrance|
|Relaxation in Eligibility||SC, ST, OBC, PwD|