Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Eligibility, Application Form, Exam Pattern
Allahabad University PGAT is state level exam conducted by University of Allahabad to provide admissions to various postgraduate courses. Candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria in order to get admission through the exam. Allahabad University PGAT 2019 will take a place from May 25 to 27, 2019 (tentative).
|Allahabad University PGAT Eligibility||Allahabad University PGAT Admit Card||Allahabad University PGAT Exam Pattern|
- To appear in Allahabad University PGAT 2019, applicant must have a relevant graduate degree.
- Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Application Form will be available from April 20, 2019 on the official website of University of Allahabad.
- There are 2 papers, Paper 1 is held in online mode as well as offline mode, whereas Paper 2 is held online only.
- There are 150 multiple choice questions asked in the examination.
- Allahabad University PGAT Results will be announced in the form of a Merit list in the last week of June 2019.
Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Highlights
|Conducting Body||University of Allahabad|
|Mode of Exam||Offline and Online|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Type and Number of Question||150 Objective type questions|
|Sections||2 Mathematics and Physics/Computer Science|
Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Exam Dates
University of Allahabad will announce the dates for Allahabad University PGAT 2019 on its official website. Following are few important dates:
|Commencement Online/Offline Registration||April 20, 2019|
|Closing of Online/Offline Registration||May 10, 2019|
|Admit Cards will be available from||May 17, 2019|
|Date of Entrance Examination||May 25, 26, 27, 2019|
|Result Declaration||Last week of June 2019|
Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Eligibility
Candidates need to fulfill the following Eligibility criteria in order to get admission through PGAT 2019. Candidature of a candidate shall stand canceled at any stage in case he/she is found to be ineligible for the admission test.
- Age Limit: There is no set age limit specified for a candidate to appear for the test.
- Number of Attempts: Candidate can attempt the exam as many times as he wants as there are no attempt specific rules laid down by the University.
- Academic Qualifications: Candidates who have appeared/passed the qualifying graduate examination of the University of Allahabad or Examination of a University/Institution recognized by UGC.
Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Application Form
Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Application Form can be submitted online through the website of the University of Allahabad. Follow the below-mentioned steps to complete the application form:
- Go to the official website of the University of Allahabad.
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ to fill in the application form.
- 4 options will appear namely:
- Application Form
- Downloading Information Brochure
- Printing Application Form
- Printing Challan
- Click on Application Form option and a form will appear on the screen
- Fill in your details as asked. Details to be entered include:
- Candidate’s Name
- Parents details
- Address and Phone Number
- Academic Qualification
- Course Details
- Aadhar Card Number
- Examination Center
- Upload the following documents in the prescribed form to complete the application process.
- Scanned copy of colored photograph in 3.5x4.5 cm
- Scanned copy of colored Signature 3.5x4.5 cm
- Both the documents to be uploaded in JPEG (*JPG) Format
- Fill all the details and upload the required documents and click on ‘Submit’ tab.
- You will receive an Application ID through email and SMS.
- Click on ‘Print Application Form’ and take a print out of it for future reference.
Application Fee for Allahabad University PGAT 2019 can be remitted through online mode by visiting the official website of University of Allahabad. Follow the below-mentioned steps to remit the application fee:
- Details of payment mode appear on the screen as you submit the application form.
- Click on the Pay Online button
- Applicant will be connected to HDFC Gateway for payment.
- Select credit card, debit card or net banking option from the list.
- Fill the details as required and submit for completing the payment process.
Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Admit Card
Admit cards for all the received applications by the University will be processed and published on the official admission website of University of Allahabad www.aupravesh.org
Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Admit Card will be released in the first week of June 2019. Admit cards are very important to carry to the exam center as without it the invigilator won’t allow you to give the test. You can download Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Admit Card by following these steps:
- Visit the official website of the University of Allahabad
- Click on Download admit card option.
- Enter your Application ID and Date of Birth in the given sections
- Your admit card will appear on the screen which will include the following details-
- Examination date
- Examination Venue
- Exam details
- Important Instructions related to exam
Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Exam Centers
Entrance test for admission to MA/M.Sc/M.Com/ M.tech courses will be conducted simultaneously at seven centers across the nation namely:
Entrance test for admission to M.tech (ESS) will be held at the following centers:
Test centers are allotted according to a candidate’s preference only. It is done at the time of filling up of application form. In case there are 10 or less than 10 candidates for a center, the test center for them will be given to Allahabad Center.
Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Allahabad University PGAT 2019 will follow the following pattern for entrance exam:
- Each Test will have a maximum of 150 multiple choice questions.
- PGAT Paper 1 will be conducted online and offline mode. PGAT Paper 2 will only be held online.
- For each correct answer, 2 marks are awarded whereas for a wrong answer 0.5 marks are deducted
- First 50 questions are compulsory for every student. It consists of question from-
- General Awareness
- General English
- General Hindi
- Mental Ability
- There will be two sets of 50 questions related to the subject which the candidate has chosen.
- 3 hours are given to a candidate to complete the test.
- If the candidate chooses only 1 subject then he/she will answer only 100 questions i.e. 50 from the compulsory section and 50 for the subject opted for.
- If the candidate chooses 2 subjects than the question paper will comprise of 150 questions.
|Mode of Examination||Paper 1- online and offline Paper 2- Online|
|Number of Questions||100-150 (depending on the courses opted)|
|Maximum Marks||200-300 (depending on the courses opted)|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Sections in Paper||2|
Check Detailed Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Result
University of Allahabad announces PGAT Result on its official website in the last week of June 2019. It is released in roll number wise list of shortlisted candidates. Merit list is released online for the candidates to check. The steps to check Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Result are:
- Go to the official website of University of Allahabad.
- Fill In your Application Number and Date of Birth in the given sections
- Your result will appear roll number wise in the list.
- Print and save it for future use.
Allahabad University PGAT 2019 Counselling
Counseling for 2019 session will be begin from the second week of July 2019 onwards. University updates the dates and schedule for respective session. After the result declaration, candidates have to reach the allotted venue for counselling and further admission process. The counselling will take place for candidates whose name appears on the merit list. Also, the merit will be determined on the basis of score obtained in PGAT 2019 and departmental additional test.
In Case of Tie
While drawing the list of finally selected candidate a tie between two or more candidates securing identical score shall be decided as follows:
- Score in the written test, in case of their total marks being same
- Percentage marks scored in the graduate examination, in the case of a score in written test, are same.
- Through a Lottery
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College