University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies is ranked No. 1 Private Institute in Uttarakhand by Outlook-ICARE 2019 and ranked 56th in National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) of MHRD in the Management Category. UPES offers degree and doctoral programs in the core sector of Petroleum and Energy. Admissions are done on the basis of merit and entrance exams. For more information, check UPES Admission
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies Highlights
National: CAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ NMAT/ JEE Main/ CLAT AIR/ UCEED
University: UPESEAT/ ULSAT/ UPES/ UPESMET/ UPESDAT
- India’s only university to offer the largest choice of 150+ specialization focused UG and PG programs.
- 15 Years of purposeful Education. - 1st University to partner with industry giants like IBM.
- 1st University to introduce industry internship to faculty.
- 1300+ Research Articles covering a wide range of subject areas.
- 45+ Funded Research Projects.
- 40+ Total number of Patents.
- International academic collaborations with 40 partners in 18 countries.
- Exchange semester opportunities at foreign universities for UPES students.
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies Rankings
- Best Industry Academic Partnership by India Today TV – Higher Education Excellence Award 2018.
- India’s Best University for Innovation and value based Education by the Corporate Council for Leadership and Awareness (CCLA).
- Best Academic Industry Interface by DNA (a leading Indian Media House) in 2018.
- Best Training Institute Award for the port and shipping management program at International SHIPTEK conference held in Dubai 2016.
- Best Innovative University by ASSOCHAM at Education Excellence Award in 2013.
- Outstanding Petroleum University awarded at the 11th Annual World Oil Awards 2012 by World Oil Magazine and sponsored by Gulf Publishing Company at Houston, Texas USA.
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies Courses
UPES offers UG, PG and Doctoral courses in various disciplines. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|Engineering||B.Tech, B.Tech (H)||M.Tech||Ph.D|
|Science||B.Sc (H), B.Sc||M.Sc||Ph.D|
|Arts||BA, BA (with IAS preparation policy), BA Events, PR and Corporate Communications||MA, MA (Economics)||-|
|Law||B.A LL.B (H), B.Com LL.B (H), BBA LL.B (H), B.Tech LL.B (H), B.Sc LLB (H)||LL.M||Ph.D|
|Physiotherapy||B.Physiotherapy||M.Sc Clinical Research||-|
|Pharma||B.Pharm||M.Sc Clinical Research|
Check: UPES Courses and Fees
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies Admission
Following are the steps to apply for UG and PG courses offered by UPES.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the university.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply Online’ and select your resident status.
Step 3: Fill all the details and click on ‘Submit’.
Step 4: After form submission, you will receive an email from UPES to verify your email address and to create an account on the website of the university.
Step 5: Log in to the website and fill out the application form.
Step 6: Click on ‘Submit’ and pay an application fee of INR 1,350 (US$ 75 for Foreign Residents) via online mode (Debit/ Credit Card/ Net Transfer).
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit and marks secured in the following exams:
- Candidates applying for M.Tech will be selected through Screening of Application and Interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Discussion, Counseling Session followed by Personal Interview.
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies Placement
UPES has a placement cell that conducts various training programs for the successful placement of students. UPES believes in building strong leaders with consistently growing placements. The Office of Career Services works closely with the industry to develop and support collaborative Industry-Academia Interface and facilitates Placements and Internships for all students. Placements 2019 at UPES started at a high note with around 800 students getting offers from top-notch companies. Following are the placement highlights:
- Students Placed: 13,400+
- Overall Placement: 94%
- Recruiters: 3,400+
Top recruiters of UPES: Accenture, AIS, Xebia, Exxon Mobil, Hilti, Honeywell, Dell R&D, Nestle, L&T Infotech, Maruti, Philips Carbon Black, Reliance Industries, Tata Technologies, Tetra Pak, Jubilant, Ambuja Cements, Prism Cements, Bechtel to name a few.
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies Scholarship
UPES provides 5% seats in each program for 25% tuition fee waiver in 1st semester. Following is the weightage criteria of the institute:
- Minimum 80 percentile in CAT/XAT
- Minimum 90 percentile in MAT, NMAT, UPESMET and CMAT
- Scholarship seats are limited and will be awarded after commencement of classes.
- The mentioned percentiles are only the eligibility to apply for scholarship.
- Candidates securing above percentages are required to fill UPES Application form.
- In absence of relevant academic scores, scholarship application will not be considered.
- Final decision of granting scholarship is with the scholarship committee. The management reserves the right to change the scholarship policy as per their discretion.
- UPES has provision for providing 33% concession on the Tuition Fee for Uttarakhand domicile students on merit-cum-means basis, to be decided by the University subject to fulfilment of the following conditions by the student:
- The student’s gross annual family income should not be more than INR 8 lakhs. The student should possess necessary documents attesting this fact
- The student should be in possession of a valid ‘Sthai Niwas Praman Patra’/'Mool Nivas Praman Patra'/'Adhiwas Niwas praman patra' from Uttarakhand state.
Check: UPES Scholarship
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies Faculty
Given below are the details of the faculty of UPES:
Dr. Neelu Jyoti Gupta
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: B.Sc, M.Tech, MBA, Ph.D
- Area of Specialization: Artificial Intelligence, Expert Systems, Intelligent Tutoring, ICT and Cloud Computing
Dr. Deepshikha Bhargava
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: Master in Computer Science, Ph.D
- Area of Specialization: AI, Nature Inspired Computation and Software Agents
Pramod Kumar Painuly
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: B.Sc, M.Sc
- Area of Specialization: Oil & Gas Exploration and Production, Risking and Project Economics and International Business
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualification: B.Sc, M.Sc, MBA, Ph.D (pursuing)
- Area of Specialization: Monitoring and Evaluation, Industry Policy Studies, Planning and Budgeting, Competitor and Product Analysis, Mentoring, Industry and Market Analysis and Research, Conduct Knowledge Sharing Sessions and Operations.
Dr. Mamta Rana
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: LL.B, LL.M, Ph.D, UGC-NET
- Area of Specialization: Family Law, Criminal Law, Intellectual Property Rights
About University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies
UPES was established in the year 2003 through UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand. The university is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). UPES has a sprawling 44 acres campus in the lush and verdant environment of Dehradun. The university offers industry aligned and specialized courses through its distinct schools.
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies FAQs
Ques. Can I get a bank loan to pursue my education at UPES? Is UPES has any tie-up with nationalized/ private banks?
Ans. For the convenience and benefit of the prospective students of UPES, a formal tie-up is in place with India leading nationalized bank, State Bank of India and Oriental Bank of Commerce. The student can cover all her/ his expenses like Course Fee, Hostel fees, etc while applying for the loan.
Ques. Where is the campus of UPES? Any campus area apart from Dehradun?
Ans. UPES is situated in Dehradun (Uttarakhand). It has only 2 campuses in Dehradun. UPES Bidholi campus, known as Energy Acres, having programs offered under the School of Engineering, School of Computer Science, School of Design. UPES Kandoli campus, known as Knowledge Acres having programs offered under the School of Law and School of Business.
Ques. What are the things required in the Portfolio Presentation round for B.Des and M.Des?
Ans. The Portfolio requirements during the interview are given below:
- Bring your hand-drawn sketches/ rendering using simple pencils, color markers or any other media such as charcoal, natural dyes. These could be of any everyday object, nature, symbolic or experimental ones.
- Photography: You can showcase your photography skills and present images clicked by you or in case you have done any experimentation on Digital media – Drawing, sketching, and rendering using digital media, tools, and techniques.
- Bring any Physical Model/ Prototype i.e. something made out of Clay, Plastic, Wood, Cardboard, etc.
- You can also bring in anything on which you had done some experiments to express your creative skills.
- Certificates of Competitions or any special mention – for example, class competitions, etc. (if any)
The Portfolio requirements for M.Des during the interview are given below:
- Drawing, Sketching and Rendering by using a variety of techniques and media.
- A creative expression both 2D and 3D
- Ability to appreciate ‘Details’
- Understanding of material – material behavior, characteristics
- Portfolio review followed by an Interview
Ques. How are the candidates get shortlisted for the Law test and Interview?
Ans. UPES conducts UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (ULSAT) followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. One can also apply on the basis of CLAT Score/ LSAT Percentile or Board Merit.
Ques. Does the university provide hostel facility?
Ans. Yes, the university provides hostel facilities to students. Residential blocks have been earmarked for limited on-campus accommodation for boys and girls on a triple sharing basis. Students wishing to avail hostel facility will need to deposit the hostel fee along with all the required on time. For more information, click here
Ques. How many centers are there for UPESEAT?
Ans. UPES conducts exams in 100 exam centers all over India. Candidates can apply as per their choice of city or whichever is convenient to them.