University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun is ranked 66 for MBA and 167 for the B.tech program by the NIRF in its 2020 rankings. The institute offers UG, PG, and Doctoral programs in the fields of Engineering, Computer Science, Law, Design, Business, Health Science, and Modern Media. Programs offered are B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Sc, B.Sc, B.Com, LLB, LLM, B.Des, M.Des, BA, MA, BBA, MBA, BPT, BCA, Ph.D., etc. Admission to the university is entrance-based. The university accepts various exam scores such as CAT, MAT, CMAT, etc. UPES Dehradun also conducts its own entrance exams such as UPESEAT, ULSAT, UPESMET, etc. Candidates can apply online through the official website with an INR 1350 application fee.
UPES has released the Admission Schedule for UG/PG Admission 2021. The University conducts different entrance exam for different courses. UPES DAT 2021 admission deadline is April 4 and UPESEAT, ULSAT and UPES PAT 2021 application deadline is June 10, 2021.
As per the latest updates, UPES has released the schedule of round 4 personal interviews for UG, PG and MBA programmes. For MBA programs, the personal interview will be conducted from March 8 to 9, 2021. While for all UG courses except B. Tech, LLB, B. Des & B. Pharma and all PG courses except MBA, LLM & M. Des, personal interviews will be held from March 10 to 11, 2021.
Graduates from the university are placed in top-notch companies such as Accenture, AIS, Xebia, Exxon Mobil, Hilti, Honeywell, Dell R&D, Nestle, L&T Infotech, etc.
- UPES Dehradun 2021 admissions will be based on the following exams:
- Integrated LLB- ULSAT, Common Law Admission Test and LSAT-India
- B.Tech LLB- UPESEAT
- UPES School of Business of UPES University is inviting applications for the MBA program 2021-23.
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies Highlights
|Established | University Type||2003 | State University|
|Approved by||BCI, NAACUGC, AIU|
National: CAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ NMAT/ JEE Main/ CLAT AIR/ UCEED
University: UPESEAT/ ULSAT/ UPES/ UPESMET/ UPESDAT
|Courses Offered||UG, PG & Ph.D|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online | INR 1,350|
|Top Recruiters||Accenture, AIS, Xebia, Exxon Mobil, Hilti, Honeywell, Dell R&D, Nestle, L&T Infotech, Maruti, Philips Carbon Black, Reliance Industries, Tata Technologies|
|Admission Helpdesk||(+91) 8171979021, 22, 23,|
|Location||P.O. Kandoli Via-Prem Nagar,
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies Rankings
- UPES Dehradun is ranked 66 for MBA and 167 for the B.tech program by the NIRF in its 2020 rankings.
- The university was ranked 56 for MBA and 145 for the B.tech program by the NIRF in 2019 rankings.
- Best Industry-Academic Partnership by India Today TV – Higher Education Excellence Award 2018.
- India’s Best University for Innovation and value-based Education by the Corporate Council for Leadership and Awareness (CCLA).
- Best Academic Industry Interface by DNA (a leading Indian Media House) in 2018.
Departments under University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies
- UPES School of Engineering (SoE)
- UPES School of Business (SoB)
- UPES School of Law (SoL)
- UPES School of Design Studies (SoDS)
- UPES School of Computer Science (SoCS)
- UPES School of Health Sciences (SoHS)
- UPES School of Smart Agriculture (SoSA)
- UPES School of Modern India (SoM)
Check: UPES Dehradun Departments
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies Courses
UPES offers UG, PG and Doctoral courses in various disciplines. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|Engineering||B.Tech, B.Tech (H)|
|Science||B.Sc (H), B.Sc|
|Law||B.A LL.B (H), B.Com LL.B (H), BBA LL.B (H), B.Tech LL.B (H), B.Sc LLB (H)|
|Arts||BA, BA (with IAS preparation policy), BA Events, PR and Corporate Communications|
|MA, MA (Economics)|
The institute offers several specializations in B.Tech and B.Tech (Hons.). Additionally, the university also offers an M.Tech program at the PG level.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for the engineering program at UG level is 10+2 with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in PCM, subject to qualifying JEE Mains or UPESEAT followed by Centralized Counseling.
- Whereas, at the PG level the minimum eligibility to apply is a B.Tech/ B.E in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks followed by Screening of Application and Personal Interview.
In the department of Management, the university offers an MBA in the discipline of Media and Entertainment & Events, Public Relations and Corporate Communication
- Minimum Eligibility to apply for the MBA program is 50% aggregate marks in Graduation.
- Valid qualified scores of UPESMET/ National Level Test along with Group Discussion + Personal Interview.
UPES offers the B.Des. program at the UG level and M.Des. program at the PG level.
- Candidates applying to the B.Des. program must pass 10+2 with minimum 50% marks (in any stream) along with valid scores in UPES-DAT followed by presentation of Portfolio and Interview.
- For those applying to the M.Des. program, Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks is mandatory along with valid scores in UPES-DAT/ CEED followed by presentation of Portfolio and Interview.
- UPES Dehradun offers Ph.D. Courses in the discipline of Engineering, Science and Law.
- The university also offers distance education through its UPES Centre for Continuing Education.
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies Admission
The following are the steps to apply for UG and PG courses offered by UPES.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the university.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply Online’ and select your resident status.
Step 3: Fill all the details and click on ‘Submit’.
Step 4: After form submission, you will receive an email from UPES to verify your email address and to create an account on the website of the university.
Step 5: Log in to the website and fill out the application form.
Step 6: Click on ‘Submit’ and pay an application fee of INR 1,350 (US$ 75 for Foreign Residents) via online mode (Debit/ Credit Card/ Net Transfer).
Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit and marks secured in the following exams:
|Course||Entrance Test||Read more|
|JEE Main||Click here|
|B.Des||UPES DAT||Click here|
|BA LL.B||ULSAT||Click here|
|CLAT AIR||Click here|
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies Placement
UPES has a placement cell that conducts various training programs for the successful placement of students. UPES believes in building strong leaders with consistently growing placements. The Office of Career Services works closely with the industry to develop and support collaborative Industry-Academia Interface and facilitates Placements and Internships for all students. Placements 2019 at UPES started at a high note with around 800 students getting offers from top-notch companies. Following are the placement highlights:
- Students Placed: 13,400+
- Overall Placement: 94%
- Recruiters: 3,400+
Top recruiters of UPES: Accenture, AIS, Xebia, Exxon Mobil, Hilti, Honeywell, Dell R&D, Nestle, L&T Infotech, Maruti, Philips Carbon Black, Reliance Industries, Tata Technologies, Tetra Pak, Jubilant, Ambuja Cements, Prism Cements, Bechtel to name a few.
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies Scholarship
UPES provides 5% seats in each program for a 25% tuition fee waiver in the 1st semester. Following is the weightage criteria of the institute:
- Minimum 80 percentile in CAT/XAT
- Minimum 90 percentile in MAT, NMAT, UPESMET and CMAT
- Scholarship seats are limited and will be awarded after the commencement of classes.
- The mentioned percentiles are only the eligibility to apply for scholarship.
- Candidates securing the above percentages are required to fill the UPES Application form.
- In the absence of relevant academic scores, scholarship application will not be considered.
- The final decision of granting scholarship is with the scholarship committee. The management reserves the right to change the scholarship policy as per their discretion.
- UPES has provision for providing 33% concession on the Tuition Fee for Uttarakhand domicile students on merit-cum-means basis, to be decided by the University subject to fulfillment of the following conditions by the student:
- The student’s gross annual family income should not be more than INR 8 lakhs. The student should possess necessary documents attesting this fact
- The student should be in possession of a valid ‘Sthai Niwas Praman Patra’/'Mool Nivas Praman Patra'/'Adhiwas Niwas Braman Patra' from Uttarakhand state.
Check: UPES Dehradun Scholarship
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies Faculty
Given below are the details of the faculty of UPES:
Dr. Neelu Jyoti Gupta
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: B.Sc, M.Tech, MBA, Ph.D
- Area of Specialization: Artificial Intelligence, Expert Systems, Intelligent Tutoring, ICT and Cloud Computing
Dr. Deepshikha Bhargava
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: Master in Computer Science, Ph.D
- Area of Specialization: AI, Nature Inspired Computation and Software Agents
Pramod Kumar Painuly
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: B.Sc, M.Sc
- Area of Specialization: Oil & Gas Exploration and Production, Risking and Project Economics and International Business
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualification: B.Sc, M.Sc, MBA, Ph.D. (pursuing)
- Area of Specialization: Monitoring and Evaluation, Industry Policy Studies, Planning and Budgeting, Competitor and Product Analysis, Mentoring, Industry and Market Analysis and Research, Conduct Knowledge Sharing Sessions and Operations.
Dr. Mamta Rana
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: LL.B, LL.M, Ph.D, UGC-NET
- Area of Specialization: Family Law, Criminal Law, Intellectual Property Rights
Check: UPES Dehradun Faculty
About University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies
UPES was established in the year 2003 through UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand. The university is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). UPES has a sprawling 44 acres campus in the lush and verdant environment of Dehradun. The university offers industry-aligned and specialized courses through its distinct schools.
University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies FAQs
Ques. Can I get a bank loan to pursue my education at UPES? Is UPES has any tie-up with nationalized/ private banks?
Ans. For the convenience and benefit of the prospective students of UPES, a formal tie-up is in place with India leading nationalized bank, State Bank of India and Oriental Bank of Commerce. The student can cover all her/ his expenses like Course Fee, Hostel fees, etc while applying for the loan.
Ques. Where is the campus of UPES? Any campus area apart from Dehradun?
Ans. UPES is situated in Dehradun (Uttarakhand). It has only 2 campuses in Dehradun. UPES Bidholi campus, known as Energy Acres, having programs offered under the School of Engineering, School of Computer Science, School of Design. UPES Kandoli campus, known as Knowledge Acres having programs offered under the School of Law and School of Business.
Ques. What are the things required in the Portfolio Presentation round for B.Des and M.Des?
Ans. The Portfolio requirements during the interview are given below:
- Bring your hand-drawn sketches/ rendering using simple pencils, color markers or any other media such as charcoal, natural dyes. These could be of any everyday object, nature, symbolic or experimental ones.
- Photography: You can showcase your photography skills and present images clicked by you or in case you have done any experimentation on Digital media – Drawing, sketching, and rendering using digital media, tools, and techniques.
- Bring any Physical Model/ Prototype i.e. something made out of Clay, Plastic, Wood, Cardboard, etc.
- You can also bring in anything on which you had done some experiments to express your creative skills.
- Certificates of Competitions or any special mention – for example, class competitions, etc. (if any)
The Portfolio requirements for M.Des during the interview are given below:
- Drawing, Sketching and Rendering by using a variety of techniques and media.
- A creative expression both 2D and 3D
- Ability to appreciate ‘Details’
- Understanding of material – material behavior, characteristics
- Portfolio review followed by an Interview
Ques. How are the candidates get shortlisted for the Law test and Interview?
Ans. UPES conducts UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (ULSAT) followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. One can also apply on the basis of CLAT Score/ LSAT Percentile or Board Merit.
Ques. Does the university provide hostel facility?
Ans. Yes, the university provides hostel facilities to students. Residential blocks have been earmarked for limited on-campus accommodation for boys and girls on a triple sharing basis. Students wishing to avail hostel facility will need to deposit the hostel fee along with all the required on time. For more information, click here
Ques. How many centers are there for UPESEAT?
Ans. UPES conducts exams in 100 exam centers all over India. Candidates can apply as per their choice of city or whichever is convenient to them.