University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun was also known as Petroleum University, Dehradun is the first university in India which provides UG, PG and Doctoral Programs in the core sector of petroleum and Energy. UPES established by endeavor of Hydrocarbons Education and Research Society. UPES collaborated with Laureate International Universities network and it also received the World Oil award.
Know About UPES Dehradun application process
Check UPESEAT 2019 Eligibility, Application Form, Exam Pattern
UPES Dehradun Highlights
Type of University
University Grants Commission (UGC)
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
Bidholi, Via Prem Nagar, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248007
How to Reach UPES
18.9 Kms from Dehradun Railway Station, Lakkhi Bagh, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
UPES Dehradun Courses and Admission
Being the first university offering courses in the field of petroleum and energy, it also has programs pertaining to other relevant fields Viz. Engineering, Management, Public Policy, and Design. The Petroleum University offers courses in Business Administration, law, and Design, while engineering and Architecture and Planning being university’s prime offering.
UPES Dehradun Admission Criteria:
- Admission to BBA, B.Com, and B.Sc. is done through group discussion and personal interview
- For B.Tech. admission is based on the UPESEAT exam which is conducted by the university
- For B.F.A. program selection is done through UPESDAT exam
- University itself conducts UPESMET exam for MBA Admission
- Admission to M.A. Economics is done on the basis of Online entrance test and interview conducted by the university
- M.Tech. Selection is based on UPESMEET scores
- For M.Des Admission candidate have to appear UPESDAT/CEED exam
- Admission to integrated LL.B. Program is done through UL-SAT/CLAT scores
- Selection to B.Plan.+ M.Plan. program is based on U-PAT exam
Know More Information About UPES Dehradun Courses and Fees Structure
UPES Distance Programs
UPES Dehradun also has a distance learning center which is well known as a UPES Centre for Continuing Education. It offers distance learning courses in Management
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) is an entrance exam conducted by the Petroleum University for Admission to the B.Tech. program. Any candidate who has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the main subject are eligible to apply for the entrance. Admission to 85% seats in the B.Tech program at UPES Dehradun is made on the basis of this test, the rest of the seats are filled with candidates who have qualified JEE Main Exam.
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Design Aptitude Test is an entrance exam conducted for design courses like B.Des, M.Des., and B.F.A.
Click here for more details about UPES DAT Eligibility
ULSAT is a qualifying entrance exam for admission to Law courses i.e. B.A. LL.B., B.Com. LL.B., BBA. LL.B., B.Sc. LL.B. (5 years integrated course) offered by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES).
Click here to know about ULSAT Application Process, Eligibility, Exam Dates
UPES Dehradun Placements
UPES, Dehradun has a placement record of 91% as per the university’s website. The petroleum university holds placement weeks for every department at different times of the year. The placements weeks are generally conducted in last quarter of the calendar year i.e. October, November, and December. In 2017, around 500 students have been placed in top organizations like L&T Infotech, IBM, Nestle, Reliance Industries etc.
The following graph depicts last three years placement trend:
Know More UPES Dehradun Placements
UPES Dehradun Scholarships
- The scholarship will be offered to students securing an aggregate of 85% marks in class XII & 90% marks in PCM for B. Tech. (All Streams) in CBSE or ICSE Examination Board passing out in 2014. Such Scholarships will be limited to 5% of seats in B.Tech. Program.
- Scholarships will be given on the basis of Merit only.
- Continuation of Scholarship in the subsequent year will be as per the University policy.
UPES Dehradun Rankings
- UPES Awarded The "Best Global Education / Training Provider 2008" by Getenergy, UK
- Best Innovative University Award 2013-Presented at Assocham Education Excellence Award
- B-school with innovation leadership award and B-School with Excellent Industry Interface 2010- Awarded by B-school affairs at Suntech, Singapore under the category of Asia’s best B-school awards
- Outstanding Petroleum University awarded at the 11th Annual World Oil Awards 2012 by World Oil Magazine and sponsored by Gulf Publishing Company at Houston, Texas USA
- Best B-School with Excellent Industry Interface 2009 at Dainik Bhaskar B-School Leadership Awards