University of Notre Dame is a private university in Notre Dame, Indiana, USA. It is located near South Bend. The university was established in 1842 by the members of Congregation of Holy Cross.
University of Notre Dame offers about 75 undergraduate programs and more 100 graduate courses through its 8 colleges and schools of study. The popular majors at the university are –
- Political Science and Government
Why Choose University of Notre Dame?
- University of Notre Dame had endowment of $13.1 billion in 2018
- Rated among the top 25 institutes of higher study by the U.S News and World Report and other organizations.
- The university has produced 19 Rhodes Scholars.
- Graduate students are hosted by more than 50 countries across the globe for on-site research opportunities.
- 75% of students receive financial aids and 97% of graduate students get full tuition waivers as scholarships.
- The ‘PhD Career Pathways Project’ by the university received $80000 grant from Council of Graduate Schools (CGS).
University of Notre Dame Programs, Faculty and Divisions
University of Notre Dame offers around 75 undergraduate majors and more than 100 graduate courses. It also offers professional development programs. All courses are offered through eight schools and colleges namely:-
- School of Architecture
- College of Arts and Letters
- Mendoza College of Business
- College of Engineering
- Keough School of Global Affairs
- The Graduate School
- The Law School
- College of Science
University of Notre Dame Campus and Residence
The University Of Notre Dame has a wide campus of 1250 acres in area. The campus has been declared the most beautiful campus in the United States by Travel+Leisure in 2011.
- Hesburgh Library – Made of 81 stones from 16 countries.
- 30 residence halls for undergraduates and Fischer Graduate Residences for graduates
University of Notre Dame has 16 men’s residential halls and 14 women’s residential halls for undergraduates. Majority of universities students can be accommodated in the halls.
University of Notre Dame Admission Process
Pre-requisites for Admission into University of Notre Dame
- SAT/ACT scores (undergraduates) and GRE score (graduates).
- High school transcripts/secondary school evaluation (undergraduates).
- Letter of evaluation from high school teacher (undergraduates).
- TOEFL/IELTS scores (international students).
- 3 Letters of recommendation (graduates).
- CV (graduates).
- Statement of Intent (graduates).
- Sample of academic writing (graduates) through Notre Dame writing supplement.
- Apply directly through online application portal on the official website
- Admission deadline is 1st January
- Application fee is $75 (non refundable)
- Both undergraduate and graduate courses can be applied from same portal.
University of Notre Dame Cost of Attendance
The estimated annual average cost of attendance at the University of Notre Dame is tabulated below.
|Room and meals||$15,410|
|Books and supplies||$1050|
University of Notre Dame Scholarships, Bursaries and Financial Aids
- 69% of undergraduate students receive need-based financial aids.
- 75% of all students receive financial aids.
- About 97% of graduate students receive full tuition scholarships.
University of Notre Dame Alumni Network
University of Notre Dame has alumni network of more than 134,000 alumni. The alumni association offers the following benefits to the members.
- Credit cards
- License plates
- Insurance benefits
- Discounts on Lenovo computers
Some of the notable alumni of the University of Notre Dame are mentioned below:
- Condoleezza Rice – Former U.S Secretary of State
- Regis Philbin – Talk show host
- Joe Montana – Former football player (Hall of Fame)
- Aaron Heilman – Former baseball player
- Kate Sullivan –News anchor
- Gene Bertoncini – Jazz musician
- Harry Shipp – Soccer player