Brown University, founded in 1764, is the seventh-oldest college in the United States. This leading research and coeducational Ivy League University is in Rhode Island.
The university is recognized for its global reach, diverse community, and unique research programs. It offers more than Undergraduate program in more than 100 programs in undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs. The most popular majors offered are –
- Computer Science
- Econometrics and Quantitative Economics
- Applied Mathematics, General
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General
- Engineering, General
Why Choose Brown University?
- It had a financial endowment of over USD 3.2 billion in 2017.
- Newly opened Watson Institute expands its reach to Stephen Robert Hall., and 8 Field Medalists.
- Brown University more than 769 early decision applicants and provide promised financial aid to them.
- The university has country’s third-largest collegiate athletic program and first largest program for women, with more than 900 athletes competing on 38 varsity sports teams.
- HTML editing, XML, XSLT were invented by Brown University students.
- The world’s largest surviving Hutchings-Votey organ is at Sayles Hall at Brown University.
- Spring Weekend, the largest and most-awaited student-directed event attended by the major touring artists.
Brown University Schools and Programs
Brown University offers 81 concentrations, 32 master’s program, and 51 doctoral programs through following schools of study –
- Alpert Medical School
- School of Engineering
- School of Public Health
- School of Professional Studies
Campus and Housing Facilities at Brown University
Brown University has 235 buildings in total and it provides accommodation to more than 74% undergraduate and all first-year students.
The university provides on-campus housing facility and assists students who live off-campus with flexible meal plans.
With Nine residence halls, Brown provides the learning-living community to the students with common interest and passion.
Brown University Admission Process
Pre-Requisites for admission into Brown University
- Letters of Recommendation
- SAT/ACT test score: UG students
- GRE/GMAT test score: Graduate students
- TOEFL/IELTS scores
- Statement of purpose
- Visit the Brown Application Portal to fill up the common application form
- The application deadline also varies for each program
- Application fee is USD 75
Costs and Expenses of Studying at Brown University
The estimated aggregate annual expense for a year at Brown University –
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Books & Supplies||1,571|
Scholarships and Financial Aids offered by Brown University
Brown University strive to fulfill the financial need of each student. 100% of students receive financial aid from the university and 43% class of 2021 received need-based scholarship and grants.
- All the permanent U.S. citizens are admitted to Brown on a need-blind basis.
- Brown has a budget of $135 million for a need-based scholarship for 2018-19
- The estimated need-based award for class 2022 is $50,108.
How and When to Apply?
The deadline to apply for the Financial aid is given below:
- Early Applicant: November 01, 2019
- Regular Applicant: February 01, 2019
Brown University Alumni
Brown University shares a huge list of notable alumni from different walks of life. It stays with their alumni no matter where they go and offer lifetime benefits.
- Alumni Community
- Online Portal for Alumni- Brunonia
- Career Advice
- Rosetta Stone Software
- Brown gear, insurance, credit card, and more
List of Notable Alumni –
- Lillian Moller Gilbreth: Mother of Modern Management
- Ted Turner: Media Tycoon and founder of CNN
- Emma Watson: British Actor
- John Krasinski: Actor, Director, screenwriter
- John F. Kennedy Jr.: Son of John F. Kennedy