Dartmouth College is a private Ivy League research university established in 1769. The college is located in Hanover, New Hampshire, United States.
The college offers numerous courses in various fields. The most popular majors at Dartmouth College are:
- Social sciences
- Biomedical sciences
- Computer and information sciences
Why Choose Dartmouth College?
- The college has an endowment of 5.5 billion USD in the year 2018
- As per New York Times, the university’s graduates are the most valued across the globe.
- The college is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a research university with very high research activity
- The college alumni include 79 Rhodes Scholars, 26 Marshall Scholarship recipients, 13 Pulitzer Prize winners, and numerous MacArthur Genius fellows, Fulbright Scholars.
Dartmouth College Schools and Programs
57 majors in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and engineering are offered under different schools listed below:-
- School of Arts and Science
- Geisel School of Medicine
- Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies
- Thayer School of Engineering
- Tuck School of Business
Dartmouth College Campus and Residence
- Dartmouth College has a 269-acre campus located in the rural town of Hanover.
- Nearly 90% of students live in Dartmouth housing
- 3000+ students live in campus residence halls
Dartmouth College Admission Process
Pre-Requisites for admission into Dartmouth College
- Test scores: SAT/ACT for UG students; GRE/GMAT for graduate students
- English language proficiency test score: TOEFL; IELTS; or PTE
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Resume or CV(graduate students)
- Additional documents as specified by department one is applying for
- Writing samples
- Candidates can apply through online application portal on the official website.
- The application deadline is 2nd January
- The application fee is 80 USD
- Both undergraduates and graduates can apply through official website.
Dartmouth College Cost of Attendance
The estimated average cost of attendance at Dartmouth College has been tabulated below:-
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Cost of attendance||69,787|
|Tuition and fees||52,950|
|Room and board||15,759|
|Books and supplies||1,260|
Dartmouth College Scholarships, Bursaries, and Financial Aids
- The average need-based scholarship or grant awarded is 48,772 USD
- 51% of the students receive some kind of need-based financial aid
Dartmouth College Alumni
Dartmouth College has more than 60,000 living alumni. The alumni enjoy numerous benefits such as:-
- Alumni travel opportunities
- Alumni events
- Career counselling
- Alumni News facility
The list of Notable Alumni is:
- Robert Frost: Poet
- Dr. Seuss: Writer and Illustrator
- Timothy Geithner: Former United States Secretary of the Treasury
- Salmon Chase: Former Chief Justice of the U.S.
- Kirsten Gillibrand: American politician