Gitam Institute of Management (GIM) was established in 1988.
- Since its establishment about 26 years ago it has dedicated itself to the cause of higher education in management.
- More than 3000 alumnus spread across the globe.
- GIM is the youngest business school accredited with grade by NAAC.
- In the media rankings published during 2013-14, It is ranked at 38 by OUTLOOK Magazine, 41 by THE WEEK and 45 by Business India in the all India Best B-School survey.
- The core strength of GIM is its experienced faculty, strong alumni network all over the world coupled with industry linkages.
- The institute has 43 full-time, 5 part-time & 10 visiting faculty members. Majority of them hold Ph.D. and are from industrial background. Several faculties are from USA, Canada, UK, Zambia and Papua New Guinea.
- Indian Capital Market Spread of Equity Culture
- Technical Education of the New Economic Order of the Role of HRD Interventions
- Consumer Preferences in Dairy Industry in Andhra Pradesh.
- TRIPS, Public Health and Healthy Practices
- Role of Entrepreneurship in Building up Successful Corporate Business Houses
- Consumer Preferences in Dairy Industry in Visakhapatnam District
- Investor Life Style and Investment Characteristic Features of Rural Investors
- HRD Practices in Software Industry
National Seminars & Workshops:Â
- National Seminar on Corporate Social Responsibility
- National Seminar on Current scenes of Conflict -
- Gandhian Perspectives for Resolution
- Seminar on Intensive Industrial Motivation Campaign
- National Seminar on Business Ethics & Human values
- National Seminar on Academic-Industry Interface in IT
- Work Shop on Management curriculum - Review & Redesign
- Work shop on Self - Learning Course Material Preparation
- Innovative Trends in Marketting
- Influence of Technology in Buisness
- Innovative Buisness Plans
- Induction Programme
- Management Club
- Institute Annual Day
- Gitam Management Excellent Meet (GEM)
- Ethics Week
- International Womenâ€™s Day
- Youth Festival
ENACTUS: It is an international non-profit organization that works with leaders in business & higher education to mobilize university students to make a difference in their communities while developing the skills to become socially responsible business leaders.
2000 universities in 40 countries have ENACTUS communities who are dedicated in changing the life of communities.
GIM-ENACTUS: This is a student-led community driven organization that strives to make a difference in the community through learning, practicing and teaching the principles of enactus. There are around 187 students registered under GIM ENACTUS who have the yearning to serve the communities. The teams leverage their classroom learning about business to solve society problems.
- Classrooms:Â GIMâ€™s campus located at Visakhapatnam has 19 e-classrooms with total intake capacity of 340 students per year.
- Knowledge Research Centre (KRC): The Centre has a collection of over one lakh fifteen thousand volumes. 1 Gbps Leased Line, providing connectivity to all the systems over the campus.Â The campus of GIM consists of a library with a collection of 27, 000 books. The Library has subscribed E-journals of reputed publishers & research databases like Springer link, EBSCO, ACM, ASME, Proquest & Capitaline to name some.
- Computer/IT Facility: The Institute has a computer lab with 204 desktops & internet facility exclusively for Management students.Â The institute has a computer lab consisting of 120 computers and English language learning lab with internet facility on all computers.Â
- Â HSBC English Language Learning Centre: The facility has 60 work stations for enhancing English Language skills namely Writing, Reading, Speaking & Listening.
- Auditorium: GITAM maintains well equipped centrally air-conditioned conference halls with seating capacity of 200 & 500. The Institute has a mini conference hall with seating capacity of 60. Balayogi Kalapranganam, an open air auditorium, with a seating capacity of 1500 provides the right aesthetic environment to organise cultural events.
- Games & Sports: The institute has sports facility, gymnasium with fitness center, indoor stadium and tennis courts on its campus.Â
- Hostels: GIM provides hostel accommodation for both boys and girls with a total intake capacity of 340 students.
Awards & Achievements:Â
- Ranked 39 India's Best B-School according to NHRDN - People Matters India's Best B-School Survey 2013
- Ranked 41 India's Best Private B-School according to The Week India's Best B-School Survey 2013
- Top 5 Private B-school in South India in Outlook 2012
- Top Private B-School in Andhra Pradesh in Business World 2012
- Top 29 Private B-school in India in The Week 2012
- A3 Grade B-School in India in AIMA 2012