SSN School Of Management (SSN SoM), Chennai was founded by Mr. Shiv Nadar, founder and chairman of HCL Enterprise, an $8.1billion global organization. SSN is part of the Shiv Nadar Foundation which has substantial interests in the field of education. The institute is accredited by NAAC with an ‘A++’ grade. The institute is autonomous under Anna University, Chennai.
SSN SoM Chennai offers one of the best known MBA programs in South India and is a preferred institution by MBA aspirants. The institute has a consistent and quality placement record of 90%. Students were placed in a variety of roles in IT, Banks & Financial Services and FMCG companies. The average CTC offered was INR 5.4 LPA. The institute offers a postgraduate program, Masters in Business Management (MBA). Admissions are done on the basis of various national and state entrance exams. For cut off of various courses, Click Here
SSN School of Management Highlights
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Institute Type /Affiliated to||Autonomous Under Anna University, Chennai|
National: CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA
State: TANCET & Other State Exams
|Courses Offered||MBA in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Operations
Few select modules in Business Analytics/ Business Analysis
|Application Mode | Fees||Online | INR 950 + GST|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based + Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||TATA Consultancy Services, HCL, Deloitte, BOSCH, Berger, Indus, Nestle, Indusind Bank, Indigo|
|Campus Area||250 acre|
|Facilities Available||Library, Computer Lab, E-Library|
SSN School of Management Courses
SOM Chennai offers MBA in 4 disciplines. A brief about the same is mentioned below:
Course 1: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Operations
- Few select modules in Business Analytics/ Business Analysis
- Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks and obtained a valid score in CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ CMAT/ TANCET/ Other State Exams.
- Duration: 2 years
- Fees: INR 5.3 – 5.5 Lakhs
SSN School of Management Admission
Step 1: Visit the official website of the institute and go to the ‘Admission’ tab.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ tab given on the right side of the webpage.
Step 3: Fill the application form with all the required details.
Step 4: Pay the application fee of INR 950 + GST via online mode.
SSN School of Management
Rajiv Gandhi Salai, SSN Nagar
Chennai – 603110
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following exams:
- Common Admission Test (CAT) - Read more
- Management Admission Test (MAT) - Read more
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) - Read more
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) - Read more
- AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA) - Read more
- Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) - Read more
- Other State Exams
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Discussion followed by a Personal Interview.
- Work Experience will be given more weightage.
Check: SSN SOM Chennai Admission
SSN School of Management Placement
SSN recognizes that placement is the most important culmination in the two-year journey of students. SSN School of Management adopts a pro-active strategy to identify opportunities for students in reputed companies. The preparation for this is an integral part of the program and includes special on general awareness of industry and environment and a variety of training on communications, soft skills, group discussion, aptitude and facing interviews. The alumni of SSN also contribute to this effort through counseling and mock activities. Some of the placement highlights of SOM Chennai are as follows:
- The placement for the class of 2017-19 closed at around 90% of the total strength of students.
- Students were placed in a variety of roles in IT, Banks & Financial Services and FMCG.
- Top Recruiters: TATA Consultancy Services, HCL, Deloitte, BOSCH, Federal Bank, Flipkart, Berger, Indus, Nestle, Indusind Bank, Indigo, Frontier, Prestige, Axis Bank, Cafe Coffee Day, Blue Star, Godrej, HFFC, etc.
- Following are the placement details of 2017-19 & 2018-20:
|Eligible for Placement||104||116|
|Highest Salary (LPA)||INR 6.63||INR 8.5|
|Median Salary (LPA)||INR 4.75||INR 4.75|
|Average Salary (LPA)||INR 4.56||INR 5.4|
SSN School of Management Facilities
Computer Lab: The department has adequate computer laboratory facilities with the latest in Hardware and Software. The institution scrupulously follows the AICTE norms regarding computer resources to be made available to students.
Library: The institution has a well-stocked library with a wide range of management books as well as journals, both national and international. The collection is constantly reviewed and updated with new titles and editions.
Online access: The institution has subscribed to online access of over 1000 business journals and magazines through EBSCO. Students also have access to Capitaline database and case studies through the European Case Clearing House.
SSN School of Management Faculty
SSN SOM Chennai has more than 22 well qualified and experienced faculty members. The institute has an esteemed group of professors, associate professors, assistant professors. School of Management has 7 Ph.D. holders, 10+ MBA Degree holders, and 5 PGDM holders. Teaching methods include case study, field study, seminars, simulations, career-centric projects, experiential learning assignments, and independent work. The Adjunct faculty from the industry handles some of the courses to provide a blend of different teaching methodologies. A unique culture of SSN is the easy accessibility of faculty members to facilitate a great learning experience. Listed below are the details for same:
- Dr.K. Hariharanath, MBA, Ph.D.
- Mr. B. Srinivasan BTech, PGDM (IIM-C)
- Dr. Srinivas Gumparthi MBA, M Phil, Ph.D
- Dr. Vijaya Mani M.Sc (Tech.), M.S, PhD (BITS Pilani) MBA
- Dr. K. Sampath Kumar B.A. (Economics), B.G.L., M.Com., M.Phil., M.B.A. (Finance), M.B.A. (HR & Marketing), Cert. A.I.I.B., A.C.S., F.I.C.W.A., Ph. D.
- Prof.B.Asokumar PGDM(IIM-A).
- Prof.R. Natarajan B.Tech (IIT) & PGDM (IIM-B)
- Dr. Vani Haridasan BE, MBA, PH.D
- Dr. T. Thiruvenkadam MBA., M.HRM., PGDPM & IR., M.Phil., Ph.D
- Dr.T.Girija BSc, MBA, M.Phil., Ph.D
- Dr. Kavitha Muthukumaran M.B.A., M.Phil., Ph.D
- Dr. Sudarsan Jayasingh MBA, Ph.D
- Ms.R.Vaidehi, MBA
- Prof. Palanisamy K FCA, ACMA, ACS, LLM
- Prof. Srivatsan N C B.Com,FCA,FCMA
- Prof. JagannathRamaswamyB.Tech, PGDM (IIM-C)
- Dr.Kasthurirangan R Bsc, MBA
- Dr. Ravi Thilagan D J E MBA, Phd
- Prof. AnandJagadeesan FPM
- Mr. Satish Tampi BE, PGDM (IIM-A)
- Mr. Kishore Chidambaram BSC, MBA
Check: SSN SOM Chennai Faculty
SSN School of Management FAQs
Ques. Does the institute provide scholarships?
Ans. Yes, SSN School of Management is part of overall initiative of the scholarship program of SSN Institutions. Six scholarships are awarded every year. Following are the scholarships provided by SOM Chennai:
- Merit Scholarship – 100% and 50% tuition fee waiver
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded only after joining the program and not at the time of the grant of admission. First-year scholarships are awarded based on past academic records, admission test scores and GD/PI performance. The second-year scholarships are awarded based on first-year performance in the MBA program.
Check: SSN SOM Chennai Scholarship
Ques. How are admissions done under Management and Government Quota?
Ans. Government Quota
Admissions to the Government Quota are handled by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Tamil Nadu. Candidates seeking admission under the Government Quota must have written the TANCET exam (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) conducted by the Anna University. The single-window counseling normally takes place in the months of July/ August every year at the Government College of Technology, Coimbatore. Seats for the MBA program at SSN normally get filled up on the first day of counseling much ahead of its peer institutions.
Admissions under the Management Quota to SSN School of Management are made purely on merit. Candidates seeking MBA admissions under the Management Quota must have written one of the entrance tests - CAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT or TANCET. The selection process is based on the scores in the entrance test as well as past academic record and performance at the Group Discussion and Personal Interview organized by the institution.
Ques. What is the cut off for admission in MBA?
Ans. The cut off for admission in MBA is as follows:
- CAT/ XAT/ CMAT: > 60 percentile
- MAT/ ATMA: > 80 percentile
- For TANCET or any other state-level tests, the cut-offs are announced after the admission test results based on result patterns and ranks obtained.
- Students with a score slightly below the cut off marks will be considered for work experience or excellences in academics.