What is BEd Political Science?
BEd in Political Science is a format of study that deals with system governance, national and state political activities, analysis, policies and humanities. It is a 2 year undergraduate certification level course. The program can be pursued in full time or part time mode.
The program aims to deepen the understanding of laws, historic and modern politics and political behavior. Throughout the course the students are taught about various interesting subjects like Understanding Political Theory, Constitutional Government and democracy in India, Political Theory- Concepts and debates, Political Process in India , Introduction to Comparative Government and Politics, Perspectives on Public Administration, Global politics.
Admission to the course is mainly granted through the results obtained in entrance exams conducted by various colleges and institutes. Although, some colleges allot admissions based on the results obtained at Intermediate level.
List of some of the top institutes offering the course are Kirori Mal College,Delhi University, Miranda House, JNU-Jawaharlal Nehru University, Indraprastha College for Women, Delhi University Lady Irwin College
The approximate tuition fees of the program ranges from INR 5,000 to 5,00,000. However, it differs from one institute to another, being low in the government colleges as compared to that of private colleges.
Candidates after graduating in Political Science can work in private and public sectors and can expect a decent package worth INR 2,00,000 - 6,00,000 per annum.
BEd Political Science Course Highlights
|Course Level||Graduation Certificate Level|
|Full Form||Bachelor of Education in Political Science|
|Examination type||Objective type|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 5,000-5,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 2,00,000 to 10,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Area||Legislative offices, Law firms, Banking Organizations, Non Profit Organizations, Media Companies etc.|
|Job Positions||Policy Analyst, state Legislative, Politician, volunteer, Political scientist, City Administrator, Political Consultant, Campaign Manager, Media manager, Public Relationship Manager, Journalist, Public Affair Strategist, Professor, Translator, writer, Political Commentator, Teacher etc|
BEd Political Science Admission Process
Admission to this course is offered either on the basis of the score obtained by a candidate in an entrance exam or on merit basis. In merit-based selection, marks obtained by a candidate in the qualifying examinations are considered for offering admission into the course. The various steps involved in the admission process are given below.
- Submit the application to the colleges and universities you are interested in for admission.
- Perform well in the Bachelor degree examinations as the scores obtained in these form the basis of the entire admission process.
- In due course of time colleges release their cutoff lists. Check if you are eligible for admission into the desired course.
- If eligible, visit the college and submit all the required documents.
Entrance based Selection
- Submit the application to the colleges and universities you are interested in for admission.
- Register for the entrance exams you will be required to qualify in order to make it the college of your choice.
- In order to be eligible for admission, one must score above the minimum qualifying score set by the respective college or university.
- In due course of time, the colleges and universities declare the result and release a merit list of finally shortlisted candidates on the basis of the score obtained in the written test.
- After the admission process, the final allotment of seats to the candidates take place and the candidate is required to deposit the course fee and register for the respective academic year.
BEd Political Science Eligibility Criteria
- The aspirants willing to pursue BEd in Political Science must have completed a graduation level course in any of the fields like BA/BCom/BSc, from a recognized university or a degree from correspondence institute with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- There is relaxation of 5-10% in marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, sports and differently-abled quota.
Which are the popular BEd Political Science Entrance Exams?
There are many national and state-level entrance exams to appear for the admission into the BEd Political Science program.
Some of the top entrance exams conducted in order to shortlist students for admission into this course are given below.
- UP BEd JEE: UP BEd JEE is a state-level entrance exam organized by Lucknow University to offer admissions in 2 years Bachelor of Education (BEd) courses.
- DU BEd Entrance Exam: DU BEd Entrance Exam is conducted by DU itself for candidates who want to take admission in a two year course of Bachelor in Education.
The dates of application and examination for the above-mentioned examinations are mentioned in the table below.
|Entrance Exam||Application Period||Exam Date||Entrance Mode|
|UP BEd JEE 2021||February 15 - March 18, 2021||May 19, 2021||Offline|
|DU BEd Entrance Exam 2021||To be announced||To be announced||Online|
How to prepare for the BEd Political Science Entrance Exams?
- Proper selection of study resources:- It is the first and foremost step that every student should have in mind before starting with the preparation for exams. The competitive exams highly differ from the exams taken at primary level, where the main motive is to check a students overall knowledge, for this it is always recommended to select the references smartly and wisely.
- Time Management:- For the syllabus to be never ending it is necessary to have a tract of time frame. Time management is extremely important to be able to score high. By following the schedule properly, the students can complete the required syllabus on time without having the need to leave important topics during the end time.
- Mastering the Mock Tests:- Mock tests are the exact replica of the exam patterns. Regular practice of taking mock tests has always proved beneficial, as it boasts the confidence, upgrade the level on how to think during the exam hours and also how to complete the exam on time.
- Revision is a Must:- The higher the no of revisions done, more are the chances of scoring high ranks. It is extremely important to read and revise your topics time and again for better understanding and also for the concepts to be refreshed at every interval. Inculcate a habit for circuit revision, where the subjects are revised in cyclic manner.
- Stay Motivated and Confident:- The results highly depend on the mindset with which a student writes an exam. Always believe in yourself and all the hard work invested. Stay hydrated, refreshed and get proper sleep a day before the exam, as this helps the students to stay composed whilst writing the exam.
How to get admission in a good BEd Political Science College?
To secure admission in any of the desired colleges, the students must obtain marks above 70-80% compared to the rest of the students.
Apart from that, major important tips and tricks are as follows:-
- The students should be well versed with subjects like General English, Aptitude and General Knowledge.
- Make a habit of solving one English quiz every day. There are plenty of quiz available over the internet, with different categories and levels.
- Be accurate in Grammatical rules, tenses, prepositions, easy writings, sentence formations, Direct and Indirect speech, Voices etc.
- Enhance your Vocabulary by learning new words everyday and incorporating it in your sentences and speech.
- Develop the habit of reading the newspaper daily, that will help you remain updated with current global and national affairs and schemes.
- Apart from that, read general knowledge books
- Watch the news daily to improve and have a command over your knowledge.
BEd Political Science Syllabus
The detailed syllabus of BEd Political Science program is provided below:
|Language- English Environmental Science|
|Understanding political Theory|
|Constitutional Government and Democracy in India|
|Generic Elective 1|
|Environmental Science Language|
|Political Theory- Concepts and Debates|
|Political Process in India|
|Generic Elective 2|
|Introduction to Comparative Government & Politics|
|Perspectives on Public Administration|
|Perspectives on International Relations|
|Generic Elective 3|
|Ability Enhancement Course 1|
|Pol.Process & Inst. In Comparative Perspective|
|Public Policy and Administration in India|
|Generic Electives 4|
|Ability Enhancement Course 2|
Top BEd Political Science Colleges
The table below shows the best BEd Political Science colleges and universities that offer the course in a full-time mode.
|College/ University Name||Average Annual Fees|
|CTCOE, Jalandhar||INR 25,000|
|Shridevi College of Education, Tumkur||INR 30,000|
|Sri Venkateswara College of Education, Pondicherry||INR 33,000|
|Idhayam College of Education, Tiruchirapalli||INR 41,500|
|Angels College of Education, Namakkal||INR 41,500|
|Navodaya College of Education, Krishnagiri||INR 1,00,000|
|MIT College of Education for Women, Tiruchirappali||INR 35,000|
|SN College of Education, Vellore||INR 41,500|
|DTTC, New Delhi||INR 48,700|
BEd Political Science College Comparison
The following table depicts the comparison made among the top three BEd Political Science Colleges in India.
|Parameter||CTCOE, Jalandhar||Shridevi College of Education, Tumkur|
|Overview||CT College of Education is a college located in Jalandhar which offers a large number of teaching courses at various levels.||This deemed college offers Bachelor of Education (BEd), Diploma in Education (DEd) courses.|
|Admission Process||Entrance/ Merit-Based||Entrance/ Merit-Based|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 25,000||INR 30,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 2,52,000||INR 4,12,000|
BEd Political Science vs LLB
BEd Political Science and LLB are somewhat related to each other, however, there are some differences between two of these courses.
See more: Top LLB Colleges in India here.
The difference between the above two courses are provided below:
|Parameters||BEd in Political Science||LLB|
|Full Form||Bachelor's degree in Political Science||Bachelors of Legislative Law|
|Course Overview||This course is designed to train the candidates with the in-depth knowledge in the field of political science which includes theories and practices of politics and its analysis.||The course is framed to provide legal background to students who wish to develop a career in the law field. It should not be confused with BA law, where a law conversion course is required in order to lead to a qualification.|
|Duration||2 years||3 years|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 5,000-80,000||INR 5,50,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 2,50,000 to 6,50,000||INR 5,00,000 to 7,00,000|
|Job Profiles||Political Scientist, Market Research Analyst, Political Campaign Stuff, Social Media Manager, Political Science Teacher/ Professor, Intelligence Analyst etc.||Government Lawyer, Legal Associate, Law Officer, Corporate Lawyer, Lecturer, Legal Administrator etc|
Future Scopes of BEd Political Science
BEd Political Science is a holistic and interdisciplinary course. The person with a BEd Political Science can choose from a lot of options for future prospects and career options. Some of them are:-
- MA: If one wishes to continue in the same field of education, the first program of choice is a MA Politics. It is a two-year course and the eligibility criteria include having a BEd in Politics.
Check out the Top MA Politics Colleges in India.
- MBA: A large number of BEd graduates opt for the management route by choosing to pursue a PGDM or MBA course. Admissions are offered through a national level entrance test. Check out top MBA Colleges and PGDM Colleges in India.
- Competitive examinations: Another route that graduates can go for is to prepare for competitive examinations. Examinations that are meant for job opportunities in Government sector organizations are most popular. Jobs in this sector are secure with assured high pay and regular increments.
Job Prospects and Career Options after BEd Political Science
- BEd Political Science degree holder is highly in demand taking the present scenario into considerations, where lack of proper communication between the government authorities and common man has led to numerous boycotting campaigns, jeopardizing the nation’s properties and rules.
- Apart from joining any political party, the graduates can have many attractive career options that include political journalism, civil services, administrative services, political advisors, political researchers etc. thus, the degree holds immense scope not only in one but an array of industries.
- After successfully getting the degree, graduates are offered the annual salary package ranging from INR 2,00,0000 to 10,00,000, which increases as the candidate gathers skill, knowledge and expertise in the field
Some of the popular professional avenues open to such professionals are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Policy Analyst||A Policy Analyst is someone who would frame a profound thesis, with a promising argument about why and why not a particular policy be implemented. Analyst is a professional with sound writing and research skills, cognitive thinking and in-depth knowledge of public impact of the policies.||INR 4,12,000|
|Legislative Assistant||The Assistants help the senators, representatives and other officers with writing and verbal skills. They prepare briefings and work to resolve queries and problems of citizens||INR 5,00,000|
|Public Relation Specialist||The Public Relation Specialists work to build a connection between the audience and their clients. They arrange and publicize events to grab the media attention. They run a poll and exercise activities that help surfacing opinions about any particular topic, situation or governmental policies.||INR 3,45,000|
|Political Consultant||Political Consultants are one of the main bodies the opinions of whom decide if the political campaign framework will show success or not. They use their understanding and knowledge of political science to advise and assist these campaigns.||INR 5,65,000|
|Attorney||Attorneys are also called lawyers, who provide advice to the clients and also present their rights in the case. Their job role involves preparation of legal documents, pleadings , appearing in court on behalf of their clients etc.||INR 6,67,000|
Source: College Websites
BEd Political Science FAQs
Ques. Which is the best college for b.ed in Political Science?
Ans. There are various colleges and institutes that offer the degree depending on the mode you select be it distance learning or through correspondence. The list of few top colleges is as below:-
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
- Hindu College, Delhi.
- Hansraj College, Delhi
Ques. What is the salary package after this course?
Ans. Political Science is a versatile degree and the graduates are offered the entry level salary in the range of INR 2,00,000 to 10,00,000, which subsequently increases as with years of experience, skills and precise practice.
Ques. What is the average fee of this course?
Ans. The fee structure ranges from one institute to another. However, the fee structure ranges from INR 5,000 to 5,00,000. It is always recommended to go through the official website and brochure of college, for thorough information regarding the administration.
Ques. Is distance learning possible in this course?
Ans. Yes, many of the universities provide distance education, from amongst the many are IGNOU. Distance learning is gaining a high popularity in the era of demanding degrees, where one can earn an additional degree without having to sacrifice the current full time job or education.
Ques. What is the duration of this course?
Ans. The course duration is the span of 2 years and the syllabus is majorly covered in the semester system, making 4 semesters altogether.
Ques. What is the scope of the field?
Ans. Political science is a dynamic degree that can be applied to numerous professions. Whether it’s politics, policy, analysis, communication etc. the degree’s potential of returning investment is pretty high.
Ques. What is Political Science in simpler terms?
Ans. Political science is a branch of study that covers politics, governmental institutes and its philosophies : modern and historic and various policies.
Ques. Will I be able to become a lawyer with a Political Science degree?
Ans. You won't land in a job of lawyer with a Political Science degree alone. To be graduated from a law school is mandatory.