Table of Contents
CUCET 2020 Registration (Open), Exam Dates, Eligibility, Result and Cutoff
CUCET is a national level examination which is regulated by ten central universities jointly. It is a combined entrance test organized for providing admission into various UG, PG & other courses offered by the central universities across India.
The paper is conducted once in a year across various cities in India. CUCET 2020 Registration has begun from March 16, 2020 on the official website. Candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria for CUCET exam can apply for the exam till April 11, 2020.
The exam is conducted offline (pen and paper mode) for a duration of two hours. Central University of Rajasthan is the conducting body of this examination, which invites applications from all interested candidates every year. Apart from the central universities, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar School of Economics also participates in the exam.
- For candidates who will be successfully registered, CUCET Admit Card will be sent to his/her CUCET registered email Id. Candidates are advised to download and print the admit card for future references.
- CUCET 2020 exam will be conducted from May 23, 2020 – May 24, 2020 for UI & PG Programmes and May 30, 2020 – May 31, 2020 for RP Programmes
Read more to know details attached to CUCET 2020.
CUCET 2020 Highlights
|Date of Exam||May 2020|
|Conducting Body||Rajasthan Central University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Sections and Number of Questions||Part A: 25 questions Part B: 75 questions Some Integrated Papers: 100 questions|
|Courses Offered||Integrated/ undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research Programs|
CUCET 2020 Exam Dates
The official exam dates for CUCET 2020 exam is released. Candidates can check the dates for the same mentioned below:
|Online Application Starts||March 16, 2020 (Released)|
|Last date of registration||April 11, 2020|
|Issue date of Admit Card|
May 11, 2020
|Exam Dates||May 23rd & 24th, 2020 (UI & PG Programmes)|
|Result Declaration||June 24, 2020|
Courses Offered Through CUCET 2020
- Students can take CUCET 2020 exam for admission to different courses offered by the 10 participating universities.
- Courses offered under CUCET 2020 include Undergraduate, Integrated, Postgraduate, Diploma, and PhD programs.
- Central Universities of Punjab, Haryana, Jammu, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kashmir, Kerala, Rajasthan, South Bihar, Tamil Nadu, and Bangalore School of Economics will participate in CUCET 2020 exam.
Total number of courses offered by CUCET 2020
|Name of Course||Number of Courses across Universities|
|UG and Integrated Courses||47|
|B.Ed., PG, M.Ed., Integrated M.Sc. B. Ed. & PG Diploma Programs||226|
CUCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
There are a total of 10 universities participating under CUCET 2020. Each university has different criteria of eligibility for candidates. There are mainly three types of courses offered by CUCET 2020. Candidates can apply for UG, Integrated PG, and research programs. It is advisable that students go through the specific CUCET Eligibility Criteria of each university individually for their respective course before applying for CUCET 2020.
|UG||50% in 12th||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and/or Biology||General|
|45% in 12th||SC/ST|
|PG||55% in UG||Bachelor’s in the same field Or any associated field of the course in which you wish to take Masters||General|
|50% in UG||SC/ST|
CUCET 2020 Eligibility for Ph.D. Program
- If a candidate has cleared UGC-CSIR JRF, GATE, NBHM or qualified in any other national level exams then you need not appear for the entrance test but will have to register for CUCET 2020.
- A master’s degree in any stream with a minimum of 55% for general candidates, 50% for OBC candidates, and 45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates is required.
Know More Details About CUCET Eligibility Criteria
Since all Universities have their own course-specific eligibility criteria, so all candidates need to enter university code in the application form to indicate university where the candidate is seeking admission.
To make things a little easier for you, we have collated a sheet of university codes:
|Central University of Haryana||CUHAR|
|Central University of Jammu||CUJAM|
|Central University of Jharkhand||CUJHD|
|Central University of Karnataka||CUKNK|
|Central University of Kashmir||CUKAS|
|Central University of Kerala||CUKER|
|Central University of Punjab||CUPUN|
|Central University of Rajasthan||CURAJ|
|Central University of South Bihar||CUSBR|
|Central University of Tamil Nadu||CUTND|
CUCET 2020 Application Form
- Candidates can avail the CUCET 2020 Application Form via online / Offline both mode.
- The application form can be filled till April 2020.
- Fill all the mandatory details in the application such as personal, academic, communication & many others.
- Upload the scanned images of latest photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment through online or offline mode.
- Candidates don’t forget to take a printout of the filled application form and keep it safe for future references.
- Fee can be paid by debit/credit card/net banking or Challan of SBI bank any branch.
- GST and other taxes as applicable by Govt. of India/ Bank.
- The PwD candidates are exempted from application fee.
- The application for other categories is mentioned here:
|Category||Payment through online/debit/credit card||Payment through Challan|
|Application Fees*||Application Fee||Bank Commission||Total Fee to be paid|
|General/OBC||INR 800 for three PUs||INR 800||INR 50||INR 850|
|SC/ST||INR 350 for three PUs||INR 350||INR 400|
|PWD||Exempted from Application Fee|
CUCET 2020 Admit Card
- CUCET Admit Card of an applicant will be sent his/her CUCET registered email Id. Download and print the admit card.
- The admit card will be available for only successfully registered candidates.
- Details present on admit card had include exam centre, roll number, exam date, timing, etc.
- Admit card had to be carried mandatorily on the day of the exam.
CUCET 2020 Exam Centers
- CUCET will be conducted in 76 cities across the country.
- In case less than 100 students register for a test centre then it will automatically be cancelled.
- A nearby centre will be allocated in place of the cancelled centre.
CUCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The CUCET Exam Pattern details are mentioned here:
- Type of Question: Only Multiple Choice Questions will be asked in the examination.
- Parts: The exam will be conducted in two parts, i.e. Part A and Part B.
- Part-A: This section contains topics from English language, general awareness, mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Part-B: This part has been divided into three sections and consists of a total of 75 MCQs from the domain knowledge.
- Duration: The exam duration is 2 hours.
- Exam Mode: The exam is organized through online mode.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks are given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Pattern: The exam will be conducted in OMR pattern.
CUCET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for different undergraduate, postgraduate and integrated courses is compiled below for the reference of candidates. Download CUCET 2020 Syllabus for different courses in PDF format from the links provided below:
Syllabus for Undergraduate Programs
|Syllabus for UG and Integrated Programs|
Integrated B.Sc.B.Ed. (Mathematics)
Integrated Science B.Sc.M.Sc.
Integrated B.A.LLB. (Hons)
Syllabus for PG and Integrated Programs
|Syllabus for PG|
|B. Ed.||Click Here|
|Master of Law (L.L.M)||Click Here|
|M. Arch. (Sustainable Architecture)||Click Here|
CUCET 2020 Results
- Availability of results: Exam takers can check CUCET 2020 Results on the official website from June 24, 2020. The result of the Central Universities Common Entrance Test 2020 (CUCET 2020) is declared for each program.
- Shortlisting Process: Shortlisting will be done on basis of CUCET 2020 performance and the scores obtained in qualifying examinations.
- GD/PI: The concerned universities conduct further processes after the process of shortlisting, they are called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Merit list: On the basis of the performance of the candidate, the merit list will be prepared and will be used for admission to UG, PG, PG Diploma, Integrated Programs, B.Ed, PhD programs in the participating Central Universities.
CUCET 2020 Cut Off
CUCET Cut off will depend on the overall performance by students in the entrance exam. Each university releases its own CUCET Cut off list for the courses they offer. The tentative cutoff marks for certain courses offered through CUCET is mentioned below:
M.A.Politicial Science Cut Off
|University Accepted||CUCET Cut Off Marks|
|Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||154|
|Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||164|
|Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||185|
M.A.History Cut Off
|University Accepted||CUCET Cut Off Marks|
|Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||132|
|Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||133|
|Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||160|
For Cut Off of other courses,Click Here
CUCET 2020 Counselling
The counselling process is conducted online mode. All the universities conduct their own counselling process separately for different academic programs offered by them. Some major components of CUCET Counselling are highlighted below:
- After the announcement of the result or list, the candidates are required to attend the counselling in order to complete the document verification and admission processes.
- The counselling will be scheduled only for the shortlisted candidates. It should be noted that the Counselling for participating universities is done separately by the respective universities.
- Students are allotted seats during counselling. The allotment will be purely based on the candidate’s rank and availability of seats for the preferred course.
- You need to register for attending the CUCET 2020 counselling session.
- CUCET 2020 Counselling will be strictly based on the merit list that is prepared as per marks in the entrance examination.
- The counselling process includes the score obtained in written test and interview that will carry a weight of 60% and 40% respectively.
- Candidates, who qualify NET/JRF/SLET/Teacher Fellowship will be exempted from the written test. For them, the interview will carry 100% weight.
- Universities from the state: Central University Common Entrance Test is commonly referred to as CUCET. The Universities of Tamil Nadu, Jammu, Jharkhand, Kashmir, Haryana, Kerala, Punjab and Rajasthan jointly conducts this entrance exam, available for students across India.
- The test is for the candidates willing to gain admissions into the Graduate-level, PG Level and Ph.D. level course at the above mentioned University.
CUCET 2020 FAQs
Ques: Who is the conducting body of CUCET 2020?
Ans. CUCET 2020 will be conducted and organized by Central University of Rajasthan.
Ques: How many times is CUCET conducted in a year?
Ans. CUCET is conducted once in a year, mainly in the month of May.
Ques: Does CUCET involve interview rounds for all programmes?
Ans. No. Interview round is conducted for selected courses in CUCET, typically for candidates applying for MSc/MA in Digital Society course. The entire weightage of interview round is 25%.
Ques: What is the fee structure for CUCET 2020?
Ans. The fee structure for CUCET 2020 is as follows:
- UR/OBC/EWS – Rs. 800
- SC/ST – Rs. 350
- Pwd – Nil
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College