CUCET 2019 Application Form (Available), Dates, Eligibility, Pattern & Syllabus
CUCET is a national level examination which is regulated by the ten central universities jointly. It is a combined entrance test organized for providing admission into various UG, PG & other courses offered by the central universities across the country.
- This year, CUCET 2019 is scheduled for May 25 & 26, 2019 in offline mode.
- CUCET 2019 Application Form has been released through online mode from March 13, 2019.
- Candidates must qualify the 10+2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized board. Check CUCET 2019 Eligibility
- Candidates can download their CUCET Admit Card from May 10, 2019.
- There is a provision of negative marking. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect response.
- For admission to some Integrated courses /MBA / LLB/ or any other general courses, only one paper comprising of 100 MCQs will be held. Check CUCET 2019 Exam Pattern
- CUCET 2019 Result will be declared on June 21, 2019. It can be accessed through online mode
- On the basis of this merit list, candidates will be called for the counselling and for choice filing process.
CUCET 2019 Highlights
|Date of Exam||May 25 and 26, 2019|
|Conducting Body||Rajasthan Central University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Sections and Number of Questions||Part A: 25 questions Part B: 75 questions Some Integrated Papers: 100 questions|
|Courses Offered||Integrated/ undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research Programs|
Courses Offered Through CUCET 2019
- Students can take CUCET 2019 exam for admission to different courses offered by the 10 participating universities.
- Courses offered under CUCET 2019 include Undergraduate, Integrated, Postgraduate, Diploma, and Ph.D programs.
- Central Universities of Punjab, Haryana, Jammu, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kashmir, Kerala, Rajasthan, South Bihar, Tamil Nadu, and Bangalore School of Economics will participate in CUCET 2019 exam.
Total number of courses offered by CUCET 2019
|Name of Course||Number of Courses across Universities|
|UG and Integrated Courses||47|
|B.Ed., PG, M.Ed., Integrated M.Sc. B. Ed. & PG Diploma Programs||226|
CUCET 2019 Exam Dates
Here we have mentioned the official dates of CUCET 2019 examination:
|Online Application Starts||March 13, 2019||CUCET Application ends on April 13, 2019|
|Last date of registration||April 13, 2019|
|Issue date of Admit Card||May 10, 2019||Download Admit Card from cucetexam.in|
|Exam Dates||May 25 & 26, 2019||Over 1.3 lakhs students will take CUCET in April|
|Answer Key Upload||April 30, 2019||Complaint against Answer key till May 4, 2019|
|Result Declaration||June 21, 2019||Check CUCET Result online at cucetexam.in|
CUCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
There are a total of 10 universities participating under CUCET 2019. Each university has different criteria of eligibility for candidates.
There are mainly three types of courses offered by CUCET 2019. Candidates can apply for UG, integrated, PG, and research programs. It is advisable that students to go through the specific CUCET Eligibility Criteria of each university individually for their respective course before applying for CUCET 2019.
|UG||50% in 12th||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and/or Biology||General|
|45% in 12th||SC/ST|
|PG||55% in UG||Bachelor’s in the same field Or any associated field of the course in which you wish to take Masters||General|
|50% in UG||SC/ST|
CUCET 2019 Eligibility for PhD Program
- If one has cleared UGC-CSIR JRF, GATE, NBHM or qualified in any other National level Exams then you need not appear for the entrance test but will have to register for CUCET 2019.
- A master’s degree in any stream with a minimum of 55% for general candidates, 50% for OBC candidates, and 45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates is required.
Know More Details About CUCET Eligibility Criteria
Since all Universities have their own course-specific eligibility criteria, so all candidates need to enter university code in the application form to indicate university where the candidate is seeking admission.
To make things a little easier for you, we have collated a sheet of university codes:
|Central University of Haryana||CUHAR|
|Central University of Jammu||CUJAM|
|Central University of Jharkhand||CUJHD|
|Central University of Karnataka||CUKNK|
|Central University of Kashmir||CUKAS|
|Central University of Kerala||CUKER|
|Central University of Punjab||CUPUN|
|Central University of Rajasthan||CURAJ|
|Central University of South Bihar||CUSBR|
|Central University of Tamil Nadu||CUTND|
CUCET 2019 Application Form
- Candidates can avail the CUCET 2019 Application Form only via online mode through the website.
- The last date to fill & submit the application will be April 13, 2019.
- Fill all the mandatory details in the application such as personal, academic, communication & many others.
- Upload the scanned images of latest photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment through online or offline mode.
- Candidates don’t forget to take a printout of the filled application form and keep it safe for future references.
- Fee can be paid by debit/credit card/net banking or Challan of SBI bank any branch.
- GST and other taxes as applicable by Govt. of India/ Bank.
- The PwD candidates are exempted from application fee.
- The application for other categories is mentioned here:
|Category||Online Fee Payment Through Credit Card/Debit Card||Online Fee Payment Through E-Challan|
|General/OBC||INR 800 + 50 (Bank Commission)||INR 850|
|SC/ST||INR 400 + 50 (Bank Commission)||INR 450|
Note:All PWD candidates are exempted from CUCET 2019 fees as per GOI Order F. No. 16-110/2003-DD.III dated February 26, 2013.
CUCET 2019 Admit Card
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download CUCET 2019 Hall Ticket from May 10, 2019 onwards.
- Admit card has to be carried mandatorily on the day of exam.
- The admit card will be available only through the official website.
- Details present on admit card will include exam centre, roll number, exam date, timing, etc.
CUCET 2019 Exam Centers
- CUCET is scheduled to take place at 76 cities in the country.
- In case less than 100 students register for a test center then it will automatically be cancelled.
- A nearby center will be allocated in place of the cancelled center.
To download list of CUCET 2019 Exam Cities,Click Here
CUCET 2019 Exam Pattern
The CUCET Exam Pattern details are mentioned here:
- Type of Question: There will be Multiple Choice Questions will be asked in the examination.
- Parts: The exam will be conducted in two parts, i.e. Part A and Part B.
- Part-A: This section contains topics from English language, general awareness, mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Part-B: This part has been divided into three sections and consists of total 75 MCQs from the domain knowledge.
- Duration: The exam duration will be 2 hours.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized through offline mode.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Pattern: The exam will be conducted in OMR pattern.
CUCET 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for different undergraduate, postgraduate and integrated courses is compiled below for the reference of candidates. Download CUCET 2019 Syllabus for different courses in PDF format from the links provided below:
Syllabus for Undergraduate Programs
|Syllabus for UG and Integrated Programs|
Integrated B.Sc.B.Ed. (Mathematics)
Integrated Science B.Sc.M.Sc.
Integrated B.A.LLB. (Hons)
Syllabus for PG and Integrated Programs
|Syllabus for PG|
|B. Ed.||Click Here|
|Master of Law (L.L.M)||Click Here|
English and comparative Literature
|Linguistics and Language Technology|
Hindi and Comparative Literature
|Classical Tamil||Click Here|
History and Archaeology
|Performing Arts (Vocal Music)||Click Here|
|Performing Arts (Theatre Arts)||Click Here|
|Tribal & Customary Law||Click Here|
|Folkloristic and Tribal Studies|
M. A. (Folkloristics)
|Applied Geography & Geoinformatics|
Applied Geology & Geoinformatics
|Indigenous Culture Studies||Click Here|
|M. Arch. (Sustainable Architecture)||Click Here|
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Biotechnology
Life Sciences (specialization in Animal Sciences) Life Sciences (specialization in Biochemistry)
Life Sciences (specialization in Bioinformatics) Life Sciences (specialization in Human Genetics) Life Sciences (specialization in Microbial Sciences) Life Sciences (specialization in Molecular Medicine)
Life Sciences (specialization in Plant Sciences) Microbiology
|Pharmaceutical Sciences (Medicinal Chemistry) Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry)|
|Chemical Sciences (Medicinal Chemistry ) Chemistry (Computational Chemistry)|
Computer Science (Big Data Analytics)
Master of Computer Applications (3 Yrs)
MA/MSc Applied Mathematics
Physics (Computational Physics)
|Computer Science (Cyber-Physical Systems) Information Technology|
Computer Science and Technology
Computer Science and Technology (Cyber Security)
|Materials Science||Click Here|
|Material Sciences & Tech.||Click Here|
|Food Science and Technology||Click Here|
|Water Engineering and Management||Click Here|
|Energy Engineering||Click Here|
|Environmental Science and Technology Environmental Science||Click Here|
|Atmospheric Science||Click Here|
|Epidemiology and Public Health||Click Here|
|Yoga Therapy||Click Here|
MBA (Supply Chain Management)
MBA (Human Resource Management)
MBA (Tourism and Travel Management)
MBA (Textile Apparel and Retail Management) Master of Tourism & Travel Management
|Human Rights & Conflict Management||Click Here|
|M. Lib. & Information Science||Click Here|
|Master of Journalism and Mass Communication Convergent Journalism|
Culture and Media Studies
Mass Communication and New Media
Communication and Media Studies
Mass Communication and Journalism
|National Security Studies||Click Here|
|International Relations and Political Science Political Science and International Relations Political Science|
|Public Policy and Public Administration|
Public Admin & Policy Studies
Public Policy, Law and Governance
|Comparative Religion||Click Here|
|Public Health||Click Here|
|Hotel Management & Catering Tech.||Click Here|
Applied Qualitative Finance
|Guidance & Counselling||Click Here|
|Chemical Lab Technician||Click Here|
|Digital Society||Click Here|
|Ph.D. - Architecture||Click Here|
CUCET 2019 Results
- Availability of results: Check CUCET 2019 Results on the official website from June 21, 2019 who have been appeared for the exam. The result of Central Universities Common Entrance Test 2019 (CUCET 2019) will be declared for each program.
- Shortlisting process: Shortlisting will be done on basis of CUCET 2019 performance and the scores obtained in qualifying examinations.
- GD/PI: The concerned universities conduct further processes after the process of shortlisting, they are called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Merit list: On the basis of the performance of the candidate, the merit list will be prepared and will be used for admission to UG, PG, PG Diploma, Integrated Programs, B.Ed, PhD programs in the participating Central Universities.
CUCET 2019 Cut Off
CUCET Cut offwill depend on the overall performance by students in the entrance exam. Each university releases its own CUCET Cut off list for the courses they offer. The tentative cutoff marks for different courses offered through CUCET is mentioned below:
|Course||College Accepted||CUCET Cut off Marks||Course||College Accepted||CUCET Cut off Marks|
|MA Folkloristics||Central University of Jharkhand - [CUJ] - Ranchi||32||L.L.M.||Central University of Kerala - [CUK] - Kasaragod||164|
|Ph.D. Nutrition Biology||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||90||L.L.M.||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||164|
|MA Mathematics||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||92||Ph.D. Chemistry||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||142|
|MA Tribal Law and Governance||Central University of Jharkhand - [CUJ] - Ranchi||103||Ph.D. Chemistry||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||157|
|Ph.D. Microbiology||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||111||M.Sc Computational Chemistry||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||142|
|M.Tech Information Technology||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||113||MA Tourism Management||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||143|
|Ph.D. Physics||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||118||M.Sc Medicinal Chemistry||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||143|
|M.Sc Mathematics||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||127||M.Tech Computer Science & Technology||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||147|
|M.Sc Mathematics||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||155||M.Tech Cyber Security||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||147|
|M.Sc Mathematics||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||155||MA Political Science||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||154|
|M.Sc Mathematics||Central University of Kerala - [CUK] - Kasaragod||162||MA Political Science||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||164|
|M.Phil. Education||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||128||MA Political Science||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||185|
|M.Lib.I.Sc||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||129||BA + MA Tibetan||Central University of Jharkhand - [CUJ] - Ranchi||155|
|MA Vocal||Central University of Jharkhand - [CUJ] - Ranchi||129||Ph.D. Kannada||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||155|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance & Counselling||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||130||MBA Agri-Business||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||155|
|MA English||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||131||MA Education||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||156|
|MA English||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||183||MA Education||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||156|
|MA English||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||202||MA Education||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||182|
|MA English||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||241||MA Hindi||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||156|
|MA History||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||132||MA Hindi||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||156|
|MA History||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||133||MA Hindi||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||242|
|MA History||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||160||M.A. Convergent Journalism||Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||156|
|M.Sc Statistics||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||133||Master of Science Physics||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||157|
|M.Sc Statistics||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||134||Master of Science Physics||Central University of Kerala - [CUK] - Kasaragod||181|
|M.Sc Food Technology||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||136||Master of Science Physics||Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||185|
|L.L.M.||Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||139||Master of Science Physics||Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||185|
CUCET 2019 Counselling
The counselling process is conducted online mode. All the universities conduct their own counselling process separately for different academic programs offered by them. Some major components of CUCET Counselling are highlighted below:
- Document Verification: After the announcement of the result or list, the candidates are required to attend the counselling in order to complete the document verification and admission processes.
- Separate universities: The counselling will be scheduled only for the shortlisted candidates. It should be noted that the Counselling for participating universities is done separately by the respective universities.
- Seat allotment: Students are allotted seats during counselling. The allotment will be purely based on candidate’s rank and availability of seats for the preferred course.
- Register: You need to register for attending the CUCET 2019 counselling session.
- Based on the results: CUCET 2019 Counselling will be strictly based on the merit list that is prepared as per marks in the entrance examination.
- Weightage provided: The counselling process includes the score obtained in written test and interview that will carry a weight of 60% and 40% respectively.
- Exceptional cases: Candidates, who qualify NET/JRF/SLET/Teacher Fellowship will be exempted from written test. For them, the interview will carry 100% weight.
- Universities from the state: Central University Common Entrance Test is commonly referred to as CUCET. The Universities of Tamil Nadu, Jammu, Jharkhand, Kashmir, Haryana, Kerala, Punjab and Rajasthan jointly conducts this entrance exam, available for students across India.
- Offered courses: The test is for the candidates willing to gain admissions into the Graduate-level, PG Level and Ph.D. level course at the above mentioned University.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College