BSc Electronics and Communication: Overview
BSc Electronics and Communication is a 3-Year Undergraduate course. This course aims to help build a deep understanding of the field of circuits and electronics for applications in electromagnetics.
The eligibility criteria is a 10+2 examination with a minimum aggregate of 50%, 5% relaxation is for the reserved categories. The annual fee ranges between INR 1,000 - INR 2,00,000.
The admission process is both merit-based or entrance-based. The entrance exams are SUCET by Solapur University, and many more.
Refer to the full list of top colleges in India offering BSc electronics and communication.
A candidate can become a maintenance engineer, telecom officer, network engineer, service engineer, hardware engineer, etc. with an average annual salary of INR 4,00,000 - INR 25,00,000.
The top colleges of BSc Electronics and Communication are mentioned below along with other parameters like admission process, annual fee, and average placement offer.
|College Name||Admission Process||Average Annual Fee||Average Placement Offer|
|MSCAS Chennai||Merit||INR 27,000||INR 4,00,000 - INR 25,00,000|
|HICAS Coimbatore||Merit||INR 40,000||INR 4,00,000 - INR 25,00,000|
|CU Chandigarh||Merit||INR 60,000||INR 7,10,000|
|CMS college of science and commerce, Coimbatore||Merit||INR 42,000||INR 4,00,000 - INR 25,00,000|
|RVSCAS Coimbatore||Merit||INR 38,000||INR 4,00,000 - INR 25,00,000|
BSc Electronics and Communication: Course Highlights
|Examination Type||Semester based|
|Eligibility||10+2 with a minimum 70% aggregate.|
|Admission Process||Merit-based or Entrance-based|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 1,000 – INR 2,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 4,00,000 – INR 25,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Sony, LG Electronics, Nokia, Philips, HP, CISCO, Samsung Electronics, Toshiba, AMD, Bharat Electronics Limited, Intel, GAIL, etc.|
|Job Profiles||Maintenance Engineer, Consultant, Telecom Officer, Network Engineer, R & D Engineer, Service Engineer, Sales and Marketing Manager, etc.|
BSc Electronics and Communication: Admission Process
- Students have to fill the registration form released by Colleges and Universities before the last date.
- The College and Universities release a cutoff list. A candidate having a score equivalent to the cutoff can avail admission to that college.
- Students have to visit the College or University for the documentation process according to the cutoff list.
- 10th Marksheet, 12th Marksheet, Passport size photo, etc are some of the documents which are required for verification.
Check CU Chandigarh Admission Process in detail.
- The registration form will be released by Colleges or Universities for their entrance exam.
- Students have to fill the registration form along with the registration fees before the last date.
- Students can then get their admit cards and give the examination on the scheduled date.
- After the declaration of results, the student can go for the counseling round for the verification of documents and getting admission to the College of their choice.
Check Solapur University Admission Process in detail.
BSc Electronics and Communication: Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility criteria for the course is a 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum 50% aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects.
- 5% moderation is for the reserved category.
- Some Colleges and Universities conduct their entrance exams, so students need to have a minimum passing score in the entrance exam as well.
BSc Electronics and Communication: Entrance Exams
Some of the entrance exams conducted by different Colleges and Universities are mentioned below.
SU-CET: Solapur University conducts its common entrance exam for admission in its courses, in affiliated colleges.
|Entrance exam||Application form||Exam date||Result date||Exam mode|
|SU-CET||November 5, 2020||November 24 to November 27, 2020||December 1, 2020||Online|
BSc Electronics and Communication: How to Prepare for the Entrance Exams?
- Students must be aware of their interests, with their strengths, and weaknesses. Focus more on weaker subjects.
- Time management is very important. Mock test papers will help you to learn time management skills.
- Practicing questions daily will help manage time and solve questions quickly.
- The candidate should be well versed in the syllabus.
- Focus on numerical subjects because it takes a lot of time, and requires more practice.
BSc Electronics and Communication: How to Get Admission in a Good College?
- Take counseling sessions to clear your doubts regarding the subjects, entrance exam, colleges, or universities.
- Fill the online registration form on time so that you do not miss the deadline.
- To prepare for the entrance exam, know your syllabus and find top institutes for preparation for the entrance exam.
- Find a college of your choice that suits all the requirements.
- Give online mock tests for better understanding.
- Google for knowledge about colleges, college fees, infrastructure, faculty, placements, etc.
BSc Electronics and Communication: What is it all About?
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communication or BSc Electronics and Communication is a 3-Year Undergraduate course.
- This course aims to build knowledge about circuits and electronics to use in fields like electromagnetics.
- This course includes the design and analysis of electronics, computer systems, and communications, as well as control systems, industrial electronics, and navigational aids.
- This course deals with the electronic and communication devices that use small amounts of power like fiber optics, microcontrollers, etc.
BSc Electronics and Communication: Who Should Opt for this Course Program?
- Candidates who have an interest in Electronics, Communication, and its applications.
- Candidates who possess excellent communication skills, decision-making skills, and good organizational skills are also suitable for this course.
- Candidates who know Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Sciences are suitable for this course.
BSc Electronics vs BSc Electronics and Communication
|Parameters||BSc Electronics||BSc Electronics and Communication|
|Overview||BSc Electronics is mainly a theory-based course which covers subjects like Circuits, digital electronics, etc in detail.||BSc Electronics and Communication is a 3-Year Undergraduate course which aims to build knowledge about circuits and electronics to use in fields like electromagnetics.|
|Eligibility||10+2 with a minimum of 50% aggregate.||10+2 with a minimum 70% aggregate.|
|Admission process||Merit-based or Entrance exam.||Merit-based or Entrance exam.|
|Top colleges||Mount Carmel College, Hindu College, St. Xavier’s College, etc.||CU Chandigarh, MSCAS Chennai, HICAS Coimbatore, etc.|
|Job Profiles||Service engineer, Broadcast and Sound Technician, Electronic Sales Manager, Electronics and Communication Consultant, Electronics Technician, Technical Leader, Project Manager, Manufacturing Head, Site Maintenance Technician, Marketing Manager, etc.||Maintenance Engineer, Consultant, Telecom Officer, Network Engineer, R & D Engineer, Service Engineer, Sales and Marketing Manager, etc.|
|Average fee||INR 10,000 - INR 1,50,000||INR 1,000 – INR 2,00,000|
|Average salary||INR 3,00,000 - INR 4,00,000||INR 4,00,000 – INR 25,00,000|
|Top recruiting sectors||Intel, Havells, Sanmina, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Avalon, Centum, Videocon, LG, Samsung, Cypress, Jabil, Flextronics, All India Radio, etc.||Sony, LG Electronics, Nokia, Philips, HP, CISCO, Samsung Electronics, Toshiba, AMD, Bharat Electronics Limited, Intel, GAIL, etc.|
BSc Electronics and Communication: Top Colleges
The top colleges of BSc Electronics and Communication along with their other details are mentioned below.
|College Name||Average Annual Fee||Average Placement Offer|
|MSCAS Chennai||INR 27,000||INR 4,00,000 - INR 25,00,000|
|HICAS Coimbatore||INR 40,000||INR 4,00,000 - INR 25,00,000|
|CU Chandigarh||INR 60,000||INR 7,10,000|
|CMS college of science and commerce, Coimbatore||INR 42,000||INR 4,00,000 - INR 25,00,000|
|RVSCAS Coimbatore||INR 38,000||INR 4,00,000 - INR 25,00,000|
|Sangameshwar College, Solapur.||INR 3,105||INR 4,00,000 - INR 25,00,000|
|NIMS University, Jaipur.||INR 40,000||INR 4,10,000|
|BIHER Chennai||INR 40,000||INR 2,50,000|
BSc Electronics and Communication: College Comparison
|Parameters||Chandigarh university||NIMS university|
|Overview||Chandigarh University is a private university with an A+ grade by NAAC. It offers UG, PG, Ph.D., specialization courses. It has an affordable fee structure.||NIMS University is situated in Jaipur. According to ASSOCHAM, It is the best private university in 2018. It is the largest university that offers all eight streams of courses. It offers UG, PG, Ph.D. courses.|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 50% aggregate.||Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 50% aggregate.|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 1,00,000||INR 50,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Microsoft, Samsung, Google, Amazon, Dell, IBM, Sapient, Oracle, Flipkart, etc.||Dell, Cisco, CNBC, IBM, Adobe, Cairn, Wipro, VIVO, Intex, HDFC Bank, etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 7,10,000||INR 4,00,000|
BSc Electronics and Communication: Syllabus
A Year-wise list of subjects taught in a 3-Year BSc Electronics and Communication are mentioned below. Some subjects may differ, according to different colleges.
|Year I||Year II||Year III|
|Electromagnetism and AC circuits||Programming in C||Data processing and personal computers|
|Numerical methods||Digital electronics||Communication electronics|
|Electricity and basic electronic||Semiconductor devices and integrated circuits||Antennas and wave propagation|
|Physics of materials||Basic physics II||Television and video engineering|
|Basic Physics I||Basic physics practical||Optoelectronics|
|Amplifiers and oscillators||Microprocessor I||Microprocessor II|
|-||-||Electrical and electronic instrumentation|
BSc Electronics and Communication: Electives
Mentioned below are some elective subjects taught in a 3-Year program.
- History Of Electronics
- Basics of Nutrition
- Medical Electronics
- Industrial Electronics
BSc Electronics and Communication: Recommended Books
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Thermal and hydraulic machines||Er R. K Rajput|
|Industrial sociology||Dr. Mahesh Bhatnagar|
|Mathematics III||S. K Bhattacharya|
|Basic electrical and electronics engineering I||Robert Davison|
|Analog and digital electronics||Dr. Sanjay Sharma|
|Network analysis||Dr. K. M. Soni|
|Industrial psychology||Mike Aamodt|
|Electromechanical energy||JB Gupta|
|Electronics and electrical engineering materials||S.D Pilal|
BSc Electronics and Communication: Job Prospects and Career Options
This course offers compelling job opportunities in both private and public sectors and organizations with decent salaries and incentives.
- Candidates can work as a Maintenance engineer, consultants, telecom officers, network engineers, customer support engineers, R & D engineers, service engineers, etc.
- Candidates can apply for government jobs.
- Candidates can pursue higher education in this field i.e. MSc Electronics and Communication.
- Candidates can also pursue a Ph.D. degree further to have a career in the research field.
BSc Electronics and Communication: Jobs
Some of the common job profiles one can apply for after a BSc in Electronics and Communication are mentioned below, along with the job description and average salary offered.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Service Engineer||Service Engineers are responsible for serving the machinery used in various industries. They check the desired output from the functioning of the machine.||INR 5,00,000 - INR 6,00,000|
|Technical Director||Technical Directors are responsible for providing technical direction on business decisions and in the execution of specific projects. They are also responsible for working closely with other engineers to build technical products.||INR 10,00,000 - INR 15,00,000|
|Field Test Engineer||Field Test Engineers are responsible for ensuring the products properly perform their functions. They may also work with scientists to improve the quality of products and another design process of test data.||INR 4,00,000 - 5,00,000|
|Senior Sales Manager||Senior Sales Managers are responsible for review strategies to increase revenue, beginning by researching new markets or assigning other professionals to conduct studies of products and consumers. They may also assign them to territories and set sales goals.||INR 10,00,000 - INR 11,00,000|
|Software Analyst||Software Analysts are responsible for testing, developing, maintaining, and installing computer software used in an organization.||INR 4,00,000 - INR 5,00,000|
BSc Electronics and Communication: Scope
- Candidates can pursue a higher degree like MSc in electronics and telecommunications, M.Sc. in VLSI, Masters in Industrial Electronics, M.Sc. Mechatronics, and Ph.D. in electronic and communication, etc.
- The top recruiting areas are broadcast firms, railways, health and medical, R & D centers, telecommunications, power, entertainment, civil aviation, defense, manufacturing firms, etc.
- Candidates can also get good government jobs in various sectors with a decent salary and incentives.
Some of the government jobs with good packages are mentioned below.
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|ISRO scientist or engineer||INR 12,00,000 - INR 15,00,000|
|IT officer||INR 4,00,000|
|DRDO scientist||INR 3,00,000 - INR 4,20,000|
|NTPC - trainee||INR 4,00,000|
|ECIL - trainee||INR 3,00,000 - INR 4,00,000|
BSc Electronics and Communication: FAQs
Ques. What is a Bachelor of Science in electronic and communication?
Ques. What will be the recruiting areas in Bachelor of Science in electronic and communication?
Ques. How to apply for admission in Bachelor of Science in electronic and communication?
Ques. What is the minimum fee in BSc Electronics and Communication colleges?
Ques. What are some top colleges offering BSc Electronics and Communication in India?