Company Secretary Course or CS Course is one of the most prestigious courses available in India for hiring the legal work and financial aspects of any firm.
CS Course is popular among commerce students; however, students from any discipline can apply for this course.
Company Secretary Course is a distance learning program that is offered for inculcating the academic and practical learning about various organizational and legal aspects of corporate.
There are three different programs which need to be passed for completing the company secretary course including foundation program, executive program, and professional program.
CS Program is of 15 months including the practical training program.
Aspirants need to have a passing certificate of 10+2 examination for applying for a CS course.
After successful completion of the company secretary course, one can work as content coordinator, principal secretary, company registrar, legal advisor, managing director, investor capital market relation etc.
Top colleges which offer admissions in CS Course
Here are some of the colleges which tops the list for admissions in company secretary course:-
|College Name||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|Institute of company secretaries in India||Entrance examination||INR 5,800 – INR 4,00,000||INR 4,00,000- INR 6,00,000|
|Indian School of Business||Merit Basis||INR 1,50,000||INR 4,00,000- INR 5,50,000|
|Academy of Commerce||Merit Basis||INR 5,000||INR 3,00,000- INR 4,50,000|
|Siddharth Academy||Merit Basis||INR 3,800- INR 7,500||INR 2,50,000- INR 3,00,000|
- The average course fee varies from INR 10,000 to INR 60,000 as per the duration and college chosen.
- The Company Secretary course opens up various opportunities for work and is considered to be one the pioneer course.
CS Course Eligibility
Below are some of the eligibility criteria that should be followed for taking admission in Company Secretary:-
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 examinations from any discipline and can apply for admissions in the foundation program of company secretary course.
- Candidates with a graduation degree in any discipline can go for an executive program directly.
- Candidates need to pass the executive level course for getting admissions in professional programs.
CS Course Admission Process
Admissions in the CS course do not have a fixed methodology. Some of the colleges admit students on the basis of merit score. However, reputed and premier institutes like ICSI conduct entrance examinations for admissions to any of the company secretary courses.
Below are some steps which need to be followed for admissions in CS Course:-
- Search for the appropriate course available as per the interest and preference.
- Register for the entrance examination.
- Appear for the examination for getting a valid score.
- Go on the official site for both online and offline courses and click on the course tab.
- Fill the personal details, like name, eligibility, course requirement etc. and enroll yourself in the course.
- For paid courses, pay the fees on the online portal available.
- Download the enrollment receipt and attend the course.
How to get admission in a good CS College?
Following points should be taken care of for getting admission in a good college for Company Secretary:-
- Score good marks in the entrance examination to freeze a seat in the Company Secretary course on the basis of merit.
- Apply in multiple colleges for secured admission in Company Secretary.
- Do proper research about the course, timeline and subjects taught for selecting the best college as per your preference
- Connect with other working professionals who have been enrolled in the course before for an honest review about the course.
- Keep an update on the dates and timeline of various courses for not missing on the registration dates and procedure.
What is CS Course?
- A company secretary is a renowned position for any private or public sector company which is done on three category courses i.e. foundation course, executive course and professional course.
- Company secretary of any firm handles the legal matter, files tax, works on keeping the financial records, advises directors, and ensures all the statutory and legal regulations of the firm.
- For enrollment in the foundation program of CS Course aspirants need to have a 10+2 certificate and for the executive program, either aspirant should graduate or should have passed the foundation program. However, for professional courses, passing foundation and executive level is compulsory.
- Admissions in the CS Course are either done on the basis of merit score or entrance examination which is conducted twice annually.
- Aspirants should score at least 40% marks in each module examination and at least 50% aggregate marks in order to pass any of the CS Courses.
- After successful completion of CS Course, one can work as Content coordinator, principal secretary, company registrar, legal advisor, managing director, investor capital market relation etc.
CS Course Highlights
|Course Level||CS Course|
|Examination type||Program based|
|Admission Process||Entrance Examination/ Merit Based|
|Average Salary||INR 2,50,000 – INR 8,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Jaypee Group, Omaxe Ltd. Heinz India Pvt. Ltd. Birla Corporation Ltd., Punjab National bank, ACB Group of Companies, indian Railway Finance Corporation Limited etc.|
|Job Positions||Content coordinator, principal secretary, company registrar, legal advisor, managing director, investor capital market relation etc.|
Why Study CS Course?
Company Secretary Course is a pioneer course which holds many advantages:-
- High Paid Job: The packages offered after successful completion of this course is lucrative.
- High Demand: The demand of a company secretary is high, both in the private and public sector.
- Well known Job Profiles: CS is a prestigious course, hence opens up opportunities for aspirants in well known and high level job profiles.
CS Top Colleges
Here are some of the top colleges which offer Company Secretary course:-
|NIRF Rank||College Name||Admission Mode||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Package|
|2||Hindu College, New Delhi||Merit Based or Entrance Exam||INR 30,000||INR 5 LPA|
|3||Presidency College, Kolkata||Merit Based||INR 1700||INR 3.5 LPA|
|6||Loyola College, Chennai||Merit Based||INR 20,000||INR 5 LPA|
|7||Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), New Delhi||Merit Based or Entrance Exam||INR 60,000||INR 9.48 LPA|
|9||Hansraj College, New Delhi||Merit Based or Entrance Exam||INR 35,000||INR 5.5 LPA|
|13||Madras Christian College, Chennai||Merit Based||INR 30,000||INR 3 LPA|
|39||St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore||Merit Based||INR 1,50,000||INR 3 LPA|
The company secretary course is divided in module wise subjects for each program:-
CS Foundation program
|Business Environment and Law|
|Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing|
|Business Management, Ethics and Entrepreneurship|
CS Executive program
|Module I||Module II|
|Company Law||Corporate & Management Accounting|
|Jurisprudence, Interpretation & General Laws||Securities Laws & Capital Markets|
|Setting up of Business Entities and Closure||Financial & Strategic Management|
|Tax Laws||Economic, Business and Commercial Laws|
CS Professional program
|Module I||Module II||Module III|
|Governance, Risk Management, Compliance & Ethics||Secretarial Audit||Corporate Funding & Listings in Stock Exchanges|
|Advanced Tax Laws||Corporate Restructuring||Multidisciplinary Case Studies|
|Advanced Company Law & Practice||Information Technology & Systems Audit||Advanced Tax Law & Practice|
|Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management and Due Diligence||Financial Treasury & Forex Management||Drafting, Appearances & Pleadings|
|Corporate Restructuring, Valuation and Insolvency||Ethics, Governance & Sustainability||Elective, one out of the five given below:
|Drafting, Pleadings & Appearances||Resolution of Corporate Disputes||Elective, one out of the eight given below:
Some of the books which should be referred for Company Secretary course are:-
|Name of the book||Author|
|Business Communication & organization management||Varinder Kumar & Bodh Raj|
|Management Concepts and Strategies||J.S. Chandan|
|A guide to business correspondence and communication skills||A.N. Kapoor|
|Business Laws and Management||ND Kapoor, Dinkar Pagare|
|Fundamentals of Statistics||AK Aggarwal & Sahab Singh|
Company Secretary is a certification program which is done mostly by aspirants who are keen to work on the legal and financial aspects of any organization. The Company secretary course is divided in various programs on three different levels.
A lot of private and public organizations hire people for the job role of Content coordinator, principal secretary, company registrar, legal advisor, managing director, investor capital market relation etc.
Here are some of the top job roles along with the salary offered for each category: -
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Package|
|Business Consultant||Their role is to analyze the market, product lines and the overall profitability of the business.||INR 9.86 LPA|
|Investment Banker||They basically help their clients to raise money in the capital market by issuing debt or selling their equity in the companies.||INR 9.4 LPA|
|Marketing Manager||They are responsible for developing, implementing and executing the marketing plans of the organization.||INR 7.17 LPA|
|Operations Manager||They deal with the hiring procedures, setting up of targets, team management and alike.||INR 7.8 LPA|
|Finance Consultant||They help their clients in meeting their short and long term goals by advising them on tax planning, investment and retirement planning and others.||INR 3.6 LPA|
|Stock Broker||Stock Brokers usually deals with stocks and performs financial services for the company||INR 3.50 LPA|
CS Course opens up various opportunities in the professional sector. It is useful for working professionals who want to increase their skills and enhance their pay scale. Here are few advantages of Company Secretary for future scope:-
- After completion of Company Secretary, one can work as Content coordinator, principal secretary, company registrar, legal advisor, managing director, investor capital market relation etc.
- Aspirants can also go for teaching jobs after this course.
Ques. What are the different courses available for company secretary?
Ques. Is company secretary course difficult?
Ques. Which colleges in India offer company secretary course?
Ques. What is the average fee for company secretary course in India?
Ques. What are the subjects taught in Company secretary course?
Ques. What is the average salary offered after completing company secretary course?
Ques. What are the job roles offered after company secretary?
Ques. What is the duration of company secretary course?
Ques. How many attempts can be given for Company secretary course?
- Company Secretary executive : 10 attempts
- Company Secretary foundation: 6 attempts
- Company Secretary profession: 10 attempts
Ques. Is there any entrance examination required for admission in company secretary course?
Ans. Entrance examination is mandatory for admissions in ICSI CS program. However, some of the institutes grant admission on the basis of merit score in CS program.