Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management is an entry-level diploma course which involves the analysis and study of the tourism industry. The course comprises chiefly history, fundamentals, aviation management, business statistics, and business regulatory framework of tourism.
The course is offered to students who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent level education from a recognized board/institute. Students who have done a diploma after class 10th as a 10+3 pattern of education also can apply for admission to the course.
The admission into Diploma in Tourism and Travel management courses are either based on merit list or entrance exams.
The fee for the course can range from INR 15,000 to 2,70,000 depending on various institutions and universities across the country.
Some of the popular universities offering the diploma level course are IIFLY Aviation Training Center, University of Mumbai, Guru Nanak Dev University etc. The average salary package offered after completion of these courses is INR 2 to 4 LPA.
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management: Course Highlights
|Full Form||Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management|
|Duration||1 year (6 Months in certain cases)|
|Examination Type||Semester/Final exams at the end of year|
|Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent pass out students with a minimum of 50% in class 12th board or equivalent level examination from any recognized board/institute.|
|Admission Process||Merit Based|
|Average Fees||Between INR 15,000 and 2,70,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 2 – 4 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Tourism , Travel Industry, Tourism operating firms, Heritage tourism, Aviation industry, Hotels & resorts and Consultancies ,etc.|
|Job Positions||Tour operator, Travel consultant, Tour manager, Travel Analyst, Travel planner, Program analyst etc.|
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management: Admission Process
Admissions to the course is mainly done on the merit list except few institutes/colleges going for entrance examination based admissions.
- Some Institutes/Colleges conduct their own entrance test for admission of candidates to the course hence students would need to fill an application for such exams.
- Students need to qualify these entrance exams (for which they ought to be eligible to appear) so as to take admission within the course.
- After the entrance exam is conducted, a merit list of qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are called for the admission process by the respective institutes or universities.
- After the allotment of seats the candidates have to deposit the fee.
However, in most of the universities , the admission process would be an easy task which might involve merit-based admission within the course.
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management: Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent level examination with a minimum of 50% (40% to 45% for reserved category candidates) of the marks at 10+2or equivalent level from a recognized state or central board.
- The candidates should not have any backlog in any of the subject/s in the class 12th or equivalent level that's yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges/universities may have their own additional criteria set by the colleges which the candidates would need to satisfy so as to require admission.
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management: Entrance Exams
|Entrance exams||Conducting body||Mode|
|IELTS||IDP Education||Computer based|
|ITM Entrance Test||ITM University||Computer based|
|MCC Entrance Test||Madras Christian College||Computer based|
|GATA||GD Goenka University||Computer based|
How to prepare for a Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management entrance examinations?
To help candidates prepare better and efficiently for the doorway examinations, the subsequent pointers are often mentioned.
- Prepare a timetable for studying. Include each topic in every subject and stick with the timetable. Make sure the entire syllabus is roofed a minimum of once. Allocate time daily to studies.
- Clear up the fundamentals. A robust understanding of the fundamentals are going to be useful.
- Attempt mock exams and solve as many sample papers as possible.
- Allocate time separately for the harder topics. If needed, approach an educator or a teacher to assist re-evaluate the topics again.
- Many toppers recommend counting on the NCERT books of the 10+2 levels. One must be thoroughly clear with the varsity books before purchasing more books.
How to get admission in a good Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management college?
To secure admission into a top-ranked Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management college, a variety of things come to play. A number of the subsequent tips are going to be helpful therein regard.
- Be conscious of the kinds of questions and therefore the difficulty level of the questions asked in several entrance exams. Some papers are comparatively easier to aim than the others.
- Since questions are asked from the syllabus covered at the 10+2 level of schooling, going over the fabric and notes would be sufficient. Revision of all basic concepts must be done.
- Some papers have an English section and a flair section. Preparation for these sections are often by practicing past papers.
- Be conscious of all dates and deadlines. Examination application dates, exam dates etc. are changed and advertised altogether in major newspapers. it's important to stay track of any such news.
- Take a glance at the daily news and affairs of the planet regularly.
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management: What is it about?
Travel and Tourism aside from being a crucial part of one’s recreational and refreshment activities happen to be a crucial area of economic activity.
- The Travel and tourism industry generates quite a good amount of revenue and contributes significantly to the GDP of the country.
- The business side of the tourism and travel industry makes it an open market for expansion, growth, and job opportunities. This is often where the industry needs knowledgeable touch in face of skilled and trained manpower that has the capacity and capability to use managerial techniques in practice and churn out maximum output.
A diploma level program within the domain is crafted keeping in mind the elemental needs of the industry and tries to take care of a balancing mechanism just in case of commercial demands and delivering of qualified professionals.
The course provides a comprehensive outlook of the topic to the scholars in order that they will withstand the demand of application within the industry also as they ought to be ready to repost on this database at the advanced level of study within the respective domain.
Why Study Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management?
The goal to attain a Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management degree will depend on each individual’s aspirations and goals. Some of the reasons to pursue Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management course are as follows.
- Reputed profession: Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management is a high demand field where skilled graduates are able to find open job positions immediately. Any candidate with the zeal to excel in the field will find success soon.
- High pay: Average packages for Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management graduates are on the higher side for both private and public organizations.
- Career opportunities: A graduate is able to pursue a diverse array of career opportunities. The graduate can choose to become a tour operator , consultant ,manager , analyst ,etc
- On completion of this program : The students will be able to get good salary packages ranging between INR 2,00,000 and INR 4,00,000 depending on candidate’s expertise in the field. This salary keeps increasing gradually with the graduates’ experience and skill set.
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management vs BA in Travel and Tourism Management
|Parameters||Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management||BA in Travel and Tourism Management|
|Duration||1 year||3 years|
|Focus Area||It focuses on imparting holistic knowledge in regards to the fundamental concept and principles of the subject||It is more biased towards development of tourism and marketing.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit Based||Entrance Exam|
|Eligibility Criteria||passed their 10+2 or equivalent level education from a recognized board/institute||passed their 10+2 or equivalent level education from a recognized board/institute|
|Average Course Fees||INR 15,000 - 2,70,000||INR 30,000 - 1.5 lacs|
|Job Options||Tour operator, Travel consultant, Tour manager, Travel Analyst, Travel Planner, Program analyst||Catering Supervisor,Cabin Crew, Hospitality Executive,Hotel Manager, Sales Executive|
|Areas of employment||Tourism and Travel Industry, Tourism operating firms, Hotels & resorts, Heritage tourism, Aviation industry, Consultancies etc. Century Textile and Industries Ltd, Bombay Dyeing||Catering Supervisor, Cabin Crew, Hospitality Executive, Catering Officer, Sales Executive, Hotel Manager, Hotel Supervisor, Marketing Executive, etc. Bhilwara Group etc.|
|Average Placement Package||INR 2 – 4 LPA||INR 3 – 8 LPA|
Know More About BA in Tourism & Travel Management
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management: Top Colleges
Some of the top colleges offering the course are tabulated below -
|College||Admission Process||Fee Structure||Average Salary Package|
|Akbar Academy||Merit Based||INR 37,000||INR 1.4 LPA|
|KES Shroff College of Arts and Commerce||Merit Based||INR 10,000||INR 2 LPA|
|IIFLY Aviation Training Center||Merit Based||INR 39,000||INR 3 LPA|
|SNDT Women’s University||Merit Based||INR 25,000||INR 2.15 LPA|
|Blue Whale Academy||Merit Based||INR 45,000||INR 2.5 LPA|
|Institute of logistic and aviation management||Merit Based||INR 75,000||INR 2.2 LPA|
|University of Mumbai||Merit Based||INR 44,400||INR 1.5 LPA|
|PS Telugu University||Merit Based||INR 35,000||INR 2.8 LPA|
|Guru Nanak Dev University||Merit Based||INR 30,000||INR 3.5 LPA|
|AIVIT||Merit Based||INR 30,000||INR 4.5 LPA|
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management: Syllabus
The subjects taught in the course are tabulated below -
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Management Principles||Tourism Marketing|
|Managerial Economics||Airline Marketing|
|Travel Agency & Tour Operations||Tourism Business|
|Tourism Geography||Transport Management|
|Communication Skills||Project Management|
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management Books
|Name of the book||Author|
|Travel Agency & Tour Operations Concepts & Principles||Ashim Gupta|
|Tourism Geography||Subhah Mehtani|
|Tourism Marketing||Devashish Dasgupta|
|Airline Marketing and Management||Stephen Shaw|
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management: Job Prospects
|Job||Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Tourism Operator||The graduates involve in providing and assuring boarding and also lodging, and waiting room facility for tourists.||INR 2.15-2.7 Lacs|
|Tour Manager||The graduates lead and direct the tourists to various exciting destinations on the tourist circuit and conclude the tour successfully through proper management||INR 2.31- 2.52 Lacs|
|Travel Analyst||A travel analyst job role involves in comparing and bringing out the most optimum benefit options and destination for the tourist to travel.||INR 1.77 – 2.30 Lacs|
|Travel Planner||A travel planner job involves preparing the itinerary for tourists who are going on board for a tour.||INR 1.73-2.16 Lacs|
|Management Trainee||The graduate is involved in providing coordination and assistance level support to the senior manager.||INR 1.64- 2.1 Lacs|
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management: Future Scope
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management pass outs have many options to settle on from in terms of their career. One can prefer to work as Tour operator, Travel consultant, Tour manager, Travel Analyst, Travel Planner, Program analyst etc.
To provide you a holistic view of the career prospects of the course we've tabled certain areas and therefore the respective roles attached to an equivalent where diploma pass out students can search for in terms of their career.
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management: FAQs
Ques: What is the average fees for a Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management course ?
Ans: The course fees for Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management is between INR 15,000 TO 2,70,000.
Ques: What is the average salary for Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management course ?
Ans: The average salary for Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management is between INR INR 2-4 Lakhs.
Ques: Is Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management course the same as BA in Travel and Tourism ?
Ans: No, Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management course is not the same as BA in Travel and Tourism
Ques: What is the fee structure for Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management in Delhi NCR region?
Ans: The fee structure for Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management in Delhi NCR region is INR 24,000.
Ques: What is the minimum course fee for Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management in Public Colleges?
Ans: The minimum course fees for Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management in public colleges in INR 10,000.
Ques: What is the maximum course fees for Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management in Private Colleges?
Ans: The maximum course fees for Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management in private colleges in INR 1,70,000.
Ques: What is the maximum salary for a Travel Planner?
Ans: The maximum salary for Travel Planner is INR 4Lakhs.