The MCA Distance Education is a 6 semester course. The time limit ranges from 3 years to 6 years. This course is designed for students who want to gain knowledge staying far from the location of teaching.
IGNOU is one of the most significant distance education providers in the country and the eligibility criteria is basic like completing graduation in required subjects and having mathematics in class 12.
Also Check: MCA Distance Education Colleges in India
Why Study MCA Distance education?
MCA distance education is a planned education that takes in a place in a different location from teaching. Over the years distance education has been opted by millions of students across India who have limited time, distance or physical ability. Some of the reasons to opt for MCA Distance Education are:
- The cost of education decreases with lower admission rates and the miscellaneous cost of buying books are reduced as these costs are provided by the institution.
- The person can work while studying. This is a boon for many students in India who are too poor to continue studying. This helps them to keep their academic future and professional future balanced.
- There are many colleges that provide MCA Distance Education which helps the students to have more college options to choose from.
- MCA Distance Learning provides an opportunity to secure a degree in computer applications without going for college or classroom study.
- It helps a person to keep himself updated with the subject without leaving his job.
The student must submit the following documents in order to gain entry for MCA Distance Education. The list of the documents are mentioned below:
- Transfer Certificate.
- Degree certificate or Provisional certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Mark lists of the qualifying examinations (Parts I, II and III).
- Original chalan receipt (D.D in case of candidates from outside Kerala).
- Self addressed stamped 3 envelopes.
- Community, Nativity and Income certificates in original (in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OEC/OBC who are eligible for marks relaxation/fee concession)
- Self attested copy of the S.S.L.C/S.S.C page etc. showing the date of birth.
- Certificate from the employer, for availing relaxation in minimum marks in the case of teachers, Govt.employees, University employees etc.
MCA Distance Education Eligibility
The eligibility required for studying MCA Distance Education are mentioned below:
- Mathematics as a subject of study in class 12
- The student who has completed BCA Course can apply for this course
- A candidate from any background like Science, Arts and Commerce can apply.
Different institutes have different eligibility criteria thus it is advisable to check the institute website.
MCA Distance Education Top Institutes
Students who want to study MCA through correspondence can also opt for the Distance education program. There are many colleges like IGNOU, Manipal, etc. which offer the MCA course through this mode. The table below contains all the institutes that provide MCA(Master of Computer Application) along with their location, duration and average fees:
|College Name||Location||Duration||Average Fees(INR)|
|IGNOU||New Delhi||3-6 years||INR 72,000|
|Sikkim Manipal University||East Sikkim||3 years||INR 1,10,000|
|Lovely Professional University (LPU)||Jalandhar||3 years||INR 75,000|
|Annamalai University||Cuddalore||3 years||INR 42,800|
|Amity University||Noida||3 years||INR 3,00,000|
|Jaipur National University||Jaipur||3 years||INR 64,400|
|Teerthanker Mahaveer University||Moradabad||3 years||INR 3,20,000|
|Mumbai University||Mumbai||3 years||INR 48,875|
|Tamil Nadu Open University||Chennai||3 years||INR 44,100|
After completing the MCA program from one of these colleges through distance or correspondence, they might provide you with the placement opportunities or guide you in the process of landing a relevant job. It is advisable that you keep in touch with your academic staff and take their help in case of any doubt and assistance.
MCA Distance Education Syllabus
IGNOU MCA Distance Education semester wise syllabus is mentioned below:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Problem Solving and Programming||Data and File Structures|
|Computer Organization and Assembly Language Programming||Operating System Concepts and Networking Management Systems|
|Discrete Mathematics||Introduction to Database Management Systems|
|System Analysis and Design||Object-Oriented Technologies and Java Programming|
|Communication Skills||Lab (Based on MCS-021, 022,023 & 024)|
|Internet Concepts and Web Design||-|
|C and Assembly Language Programming Lab||-|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Design and Analysis of Algorithms||Operating Systems|
|Object Oriented Analysis and Design||Data Communication and Computer Networks|
|Advanced Discrete Mathematics||Advanced Database Management Systems|
|Software Engineering||Mini Project|
|Accountancy and Financial Management||Lab (UNIX & Oracle)|
|Lab (based on MCS-032, 034 and 035)|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Advanced Internet Technologies||Project|
|Principles of Management and Information System|
|Computer Graphics and Multimedia|
|Lab (based on MCS-051 & 053)|
The subjects that are included in the Elective Courses include Artificial Intelligence and Knowledge Management, Numerical and Statistical Computing and Parallel Computing.