AIBE 16 Registration Last Date has been extended to June 15, 2021 from April 30, 2021. BCI has postponed exam dates for AIBE XVI 2021; May 30, 2021 and is now undecided. AIBE Application form fillup/ correction dates will also be intimated soon. Click here to register for AIBE XVI.
- May 6, 2021: The Bar Council of India has released a notification stating that AIBE XVI will no longer be an open books exam.
- April 30, 2021: BCI has extended AIBE 16 Registration deadline in view of the current situation.
- Feb 22, 2021: AIBE 16 Exam Date has been postponed from March 21 to April 25, 2021.
- Dec 21, 2020: The Bar Council of India has decided to conduct AIBE 2021 (XVI) on March 21, 2021.
AIBE XV 2020 Updates:
- AIBE XV 2020 Withheld Result list has been released on April 20, 2021. Check Here
- AIBE XV 2020 Results have been declared by BCI on March 30, 2021. Download AIBE XV 2020 Scorecard
AIBE, All India Bar Examination, is a national level exam conducted by Bar Council of India (BCI) with the objective of assessing the capability of advocates who want to practice law in India. AIBE 2021 is the qualifying examination to get the “Certificate of Practice” for the legal profession. AIBE Syllabus has 3 categories divided into about 19 topics covering various law areas of law.
Table of Contents
AIBE XVI 2021 Exam Dates
|AIBE XV Registration Begins from||December 26, 2020|
|Online Registration Closes||June 15, 2021|
|Last Day to Pay AIBE Registration Fees in online mode||May 4, 2021|
|AIBE XVI Application Form Fillup Last Date|| |
May 7, 2021
|AIBE XVI Admit Card 2021||May 12, 2021|
|AIBE XVI is Exam Date|
AIBE XVI 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for AIBE XV 2021, all candidates must be aware of the eligibility criteria set by the conducting body, Bar Council of India. After clearing the eligibility criteria applicants can apply for AIBE 2021. Here are the Eligibility Criteria of AIBE XV 2021, given as follows:
AIBE 2021 Nationality
- Candidate should be an Indian national.
AIBE 2021 Qualifying Examination
- Candidates must either have passed 3 years or 5 years LL.B. degree from a BCI recognized law school.
- No minimum percentage is required in the qualifying examination in order to apply for AIBE 2021.
Enrollment with State Bar Council
- In order to appear in All India Bar Examination, it is must for the aspirant/law graduate to be enrolled with his/her respective State Bar Council.
- Candidate must possess the advocate enrollment card issued by State Bar Council.
Age Criteria and Number of Attempts
- There is no prescribed age limit for writing AIBE 2021 Exam. Check AIBE XV Cut Off
- There is no limit in attempts for AIBE. Candidates can appear this examination any number of times.
AIBE XV 2021 Registration
AIBE Application Process has begun from December 26, 2020. Candidates are required to fill the form online. The last date to submit AIBE XV application form is March 31, 2021
The procedure to fill AIBE XV 2021 Online Application Form is as follows:
- Visit the official website and Read all instructions provided there before filling the online application form
- Fill the registration form with your personal details like Name, DOB, Address details, contact information, nationality, etc.
- Select the examination center, the candidate can choose only one center where he/she wishes to take AIBE XV 2021
- Candidates have to upload documents such as advocate ID card (if issued by State Bar Council), enrollment certificate, scanned photograph and signature, category and disability certificate (if applicable).
- Once candidates have submitted his/her application form then go to your email inbox for registration number and password.
- Login with your registration number and password
- Payment of application fee can only be done through SBI Challan. No other mode of payment will be accepted. Payment has to be made after 24 hours of Registration
- Print Challan for payment. Make the necessary payment and retain candidates’ copy of the challan with you.
- After confirmation of the payment, upload challan and provide details such as journal number, branch code & date of challan.
- Get a printout of the filled online form for future references.
AIBE 2021 Application Fee
- General category candidates will have to pay the fee of INR 3560 for the examination.
- Rs. 2500 + Rs 60 bank transaction charges for SC/ST category candidates.
- Application Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances
- The fee can only be deposited through bank challan of SBI bank.
AIBE 2021 Admit Card
Candidates will have to download their AIBE 2021 Admit Cards from the official website. AIBE XVI 2021 Admit Cards will be released on May 12, 2021 . The exam conducting body issues the Admit Card only for those aspirants who will successfully submit the online application form. To download the admit card, candidates need to enter application number and date of birth.
Steps to Download AIBE Admit Card
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the link referred to as AIBE 2021 Admit Card.
- Enter your login details Registration Number and Password.
- Login and download the Admit Card for examination.
- Print the Admit Card on A4 sheet.
Candidates would be required to carry the Admit card along with the photo identity card to the examination hall.
AIBE 2021 Exam Centres
AIBE XVI 2021 Exam Pattern
AIBE XVI 2021 will be a Pen & paper-based test. The exam will be conducted in 11 languages and candidates have the choice to take the examination in any one of the languages.
The question paper will contain total 100 questions of the objective type from 20 subjects. These 20 subjects will be divided into Category-I and Category-II. Each subject of Category-I will have 7 questions while Category-II subjects will have 23 questions in total.
|Category-I (Part-I)||Category-II (Part-II)|
|Alternative Dispute Resolution||Administrative Law|
|Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act||Company Law|
|Constitutional Law||Environmental Law|
|Contract Law, including Specific Relief, Special Contracts, and Negotiable Instruments||Family Law|
|Criminal Law I: The Indian Penal Code||Human Rights Law|
|Criminal Procedure||Labour and Industrial Law|
|Drafting, Pleading, and Conveyancing||Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents, and Consumer Protection Law|
|Evidence||Principles of Taxation Law|
|Jurisprudence||Public International Law|
|Professional Ethics and the Professional Code of Conduct for Advocates|
The total time duration will be of 3 hours 30 minutes. Each question will carry one mark and no mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
OMR Answer sheets will be given to the candidates to mark the answers. It is mandatory for the aspirants to use ballpoint pen only, for all the entries in the OMR Answer sheets including the filling of bubbles. If there is more than one answer bubbled against a question, it will be considered as an incorrect answer.
AIBE 2021 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||100 MCQs|
|Duration of Exam||210 Minutes|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No negative mark|
AIBE 2021 Syllabus
AIBE 2021 Syllabus will consist of various topics and subjects of three-year and five-year LL.B. programs as prescribed by the Bar Council of India. The subjects are given below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions (Approx.)|
|I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)||8|
|Cr. P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)||10|
|C.P.C (Code of Civil procedure)||10|
|Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act||4|
|Public Interest Ligitation||4|
|Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules||4|
|Labour + Industrial Law||4|
|Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents and Consumer Protection Law||5|
|Law Related to Taxation||4|
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Prop Laws, Spl Contract N.I Ac||8|
|Land Acquisition Act||2|
|Intellectual Property Laws||2|
AIBE 2021 Result
Bar Council of India will announce the result for AIBE XV 2021 tentatively in the third week of March, 2021 on the official website. The result will display only the qualifying/ non-qualifying status of candidates. The qualified candidates will be eligible to get the “Certificate of Practice” in the law profession.
Steps to Check AIBE 2020 Results:
- Visit the official website of AIBE 2020
- Click on the link for ‘AIBE 2020 Results’
- Enter the Roll number and Date of Birth
- Check the details on the AIBE 2020 Results
- Download and take printout of the results
AIBE 2020 Cutoff
To clear All India Bar Examination 2020, candidate should score minimum of 40% marks in the examination i.e. 40 marks out of 100.
AIBE 2020 Certificate of Practice
Candidates who will qualify AIBE 2021 will be awarded “Certificate of Practice” in the law profession. Candidates who will qualify in AIBE Examination 2020, can practice Law in any court, in any state in India.
AIBE 2021 Exam FAQs
Ques. How many times AIBE Exam is held in a year??
Ans. AIBE Exam is generally conducted 2 times a year during March and December.
Ques. Is bar council exam hard? What is the difficulty level?
Ans. AIBE Exam is not very hard and can be cracked with right preparation strategy.
Ques. Why is AIBE exam necessary?
Ans. The All India Bar Examination conducted by BCI examines an advocate's ability to practice the profession of law in India via this 3.5 hour online exam.
Ques. What is the pass mark for AIBE Exam?
Ans. Candidates must score at least 40 percent marks to pass AIBE Exam.
Ques. What is AIBE Exam Date?
Ans. AIBE Exam date for the 2021 session has been scheduled for April 25, 2021.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.