AIBE 2019 Dates, Eligibility, Application Form, Pattern & Syllabus
AIBE stands for All India Bar Examination. It is a national level entrance examination. It is conducted by Bar Council of India (BCI). All India Bar Examination is conducted with the objective of assessing the capability of advocate who want to practice law in India. AIBE XI 2019 is the qualifying examination to get the “Certificate of Practice” for legal profession. It will be conducted in offline mode. It is conducted in around 40 cities of India.
|AIBE XI Eligibility||AIBE XI Exam Pattern||AIBE XI Syllabus||AIBE XI Cut Off|
- Candidates who will meet AIBE XI 2019 Eligibility Criteria and whose application will be accepted shall be allowed to appear for the AIB Examination.
- AIBE 2019 Registration will start in the third week of January 2019, and the examination will be held in the last week of March 2019 in Offline mode at around 40 cities in India.
- AIBE XI 2019 Results are expected to be out by the second week of June 2019.
- Bar Council of India will award the certificate to those candidates who will qualify the All India Bar examination.
- AIBE XI 2019 Exam Pattern will consist of 100 objective type questions to be completed within 3 hours 30 minutes.
- AIBE is conducted in 11 languages and candidates have the choice to take the examination in any one of the languages.
- Candidates will be awarded one mark for each correct answer. No mark will be deducted for wrong or unanswered questions.
AIBE XI 2019 Highlights Table
|Date of Exam||March 2019|
|Conducting Body||Bar Council of India|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||11 languages|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Certification Offered||“Certificate of Practice” for the legal profession|
AIBE XI 2019 Exam Dates
Bar Council of India will release official notification to fill the AIBE XI 2019 Application Form in the third week of January 2019. The last date of submission of duly filled application form will be in the first week of March 2019. AIBE XI 2019 Admit card will be issued to the candidates in the third week of March 2019. AIBE 2019 Entrance Examination will be conducted in the last week of March 2019.
|Starting of online registration||Third week of January 2019|
|Sale of offline registration/application form||Third week of January 2019|
|Starting of payment through challan||Third week of January 2019|
|Online registration and offline application form sales closes||Fourth week of February 2019|
|Last date of payment though challan for online and offline application form||Fourth week of February 2019|
|Last date for completion of online application form||First week of March 2019|
|Availability of admit cards||Third week of March 2019|
|Examination date||Fourth week of March 2019|
AIBE XI 2019 Eligibility
Before applying for AIBE XI 2019, all candidates must be aware of the eligibility criteria set by the conducting body, Bar Council of India. It is compulsory for all the candidate to meet the eligibility criteria to apply for the application form. After clearing the eligibility criteria applicant can apply for AIBE XI 2019. Here is the Eligibility Criteria of AIBE XI 2019, given as follows:
- Candidates should be an Indian national.
- Candidates must either have passed 3 years or 5 years LL.B. degree from a BCI recognized law school.
- No minimum percentage is required in the qualifying examination in order to apply for AIBE.
Enrollment with State bar Council
- In order to appear in All India Bar Examination, it is must for the aspirant/law graduates to be enrolled with his/her respective State Bar Council.
- Candidate must possess the advocate enrollment card issued by State Bar Council.
Age Criteria and Number of Attempts
- There is no prescribed age limit for writing AIBE.
- There is no limit in attempts for AIBE. Candidates can appear this examination any number of times.
AIBE XI 2019 Registration
The application process for AIBE XI 2019 will start from the third week of January 2019. Candidates are required to fill the form online as well as offline. The last date for AIBE Registration will be in the first week of March 2019.
The Certification examination will be held in the month of March2019 at different exam centers across India.
The procedure for AIBE XI 2019 Online Application Form is as follows:
- Visit the official website
- Read all instructions for fill online application form
- Fill the registration form with your Personal Details like Name, DOB, Address details, contact information, nationality, etc.
- Select the examination center, candidate can choose only one center where he/she wishes to take AIBE XI 2019
- Candidates have to upload documents such as advocate ID card (if issued by State Bar Council), enrollment certificate, scanned photograph and signature, category and disability certificate (if applicable).
- Once candidates have submitted his/her application form then go to your email inbox for registration number and password.
- Login with your registration number and password
- Payment of application fee can only be done through SBI Challan. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
- Payment has to be made after 24 hours of Registration
- Print Challan for payment
- Make the necessary payment and retain candidates’ copy of the challan with you.
- After confirmation of the payment, upload challan and provide details such as journal number, branch code & date of challan.
- Get a printout of the filled online form for future references.
AIBE XI 2019 Application Fee
- General category candidates will have to pay the fee of INR 3500 for the examination.
- Rs. 2500 + Rs 60 bank transaction charges for SC/ST category candidates.
- Application Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances
- The fee can only be deposited through bank challan of SBI bank.
AIBE XI 2019 Admit Card
Candidates will have to download their AIBE XI 2019 Admit Card from the official website one or two weeks before the certification examination. Admit Card will not be sent to candidates through post/email. AIBE XI 2019 will be conducted in the last week of March 2019.
The exam conducting body will issue the Admit Card only for those aspirants who will successfully submit the online and offline application form. To download the Admit Card, candidates need to enter application number and date of birth.
Steps to download the Admit Card are given below:-
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the link referred as AIBE 2019 Admit Card.
- Enter your login details Registration Number and Password.
- Login and download the Admit Card for examination.
- Print the Admit Card on A4 sheet.
Candidates would be required to carry the Admit card along with the Photo identity card to the examination hall.
AIBE XI 2019 Exam Pattern
AIBE XI 2019 will be Pen & paper-based test. AIBE will be conducted in 11 languages and candidates have the choice to take the examination in any one of the languages.
The question paper will contain total 100 questions of the objective type from 20 subjects. These 20 subjects will be divided into Category-I and Category-II. Each subject of Category-I will have 7 questions while Category-II subjects will have 23 questions in total.
|Category-I (Part-I)||Category-II (Part-II)|
|Alternative Dispute Resolution||Administrative Law|
|Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act||Company Law|
|Constitutional Law||Environmental Law|
|Contract Law, including Specific Relief, Special Contracts, and Negotiable Instruments||Family Law|
|Criminal Law I: The Indian Penal Code||Human Rights Law|
|Criminal Procedure||Labour and Industrial Law|
|Drafting, Pleading, and Conveyancing||Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents, and Consumer Protection Law|
|Evidence||Principles of Taxation Law|
|Jurisprudence||Public International Law|
|Professional Ethics and the Professional Code of Conduct for Advocates|
The total time duration will be of 3 hours 30 minutes. Each question will carry one mark and no mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
OMR Answer sheets will be given to the candidates to mark the answers. It is mandatory for the aspirants to use ballpoint pen only, for all the entries in the OMR Answer sheet including the filling of bubbles. If there is more than one answer bubbled against a question, it will be considered as an incorrect answer.
Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||100 MCQs|
|Duration of Exam||210 Minutes|
|Marking Scheme||1mark for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No negative mark|
AIBE XI 2019 Syllabus
AIBE XI 2019 Syllabus will consist of various topics and subjects of three-year and five-year LL.B. programs as prescribed by the Bar Council of India.
The subjects are given below:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)||8|
|Cr. P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)||10|
|C.P.C (Code of Civil procedure)||10|
|Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act||4|
|Public Interest Ligitation||4|
|Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules||4|
|Labour + Industrial Law||4|
|Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents and Consumer Protection Law||5|
|Law Related to Taxation||4|
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Prop Laws, Spl Contract N.I Ac||8|
|Land Acquisition Act||2|
|Intellectual Property Laws||2|
AIBE XI 2019 Result
Bar Council of India will announce the result for AIBE XI 2019 in the month of June 2019 on AIBE 2019 official website. The result will display only the qualifying/non-qualifying status of candidates. The result will be declared through online mode only. The qualified candidates will be eligible to get the “Certificate of Practice” in the law profession.
Steps to Check AIBE 2019 Results:
- Visit the official website of AIBE
- Click on the link for ‘AIBE 2019 Results’
- Enter the Roll number and Date of Birth
- Check the details on the AIBE 2019 Results
- Download and take printout of the results
AIBE XI 2019 Cut off:
To clear All India Bar Examination 2019, candidate should score minimum of 40% marks in the examination i.e. 40 marks out of 100
AIBE XI 2019 Certificate
Candidates who will qualify AIBE 2019 will be awarded “Certificate of Practice” in the law profession. Candidates who will qualify in AIB Examination 2019, can practice Law in any court, in any state he/she wants to in India.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College