BHU PET 2018
BHU PET is University Level Post Graduation Entrance Exam conducted in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. Banaras Hindu University Postgraduate Entrance Test for 2018 will be conducted by Banaras Hindu University. For the academic year, 2018-2019 will be held in the month of May 2018.
- BHU PET is conducted to provide admission to General, Professional, Special and Vocational Courses.
- Separate Test will be conducted for each course.
- BHU PET 2018 will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based).
- Postgraduate Entrance Test will be conducted from second week of May 2018 onwards.
- The total marks allotted to PG Entrance Test is 360 marks. There will be total 120 questions in the test.
- Multiple-choice questions based on Graduate level of the concerned subject will be asked in the test.
- BHU PET aspirants should read the eligibility as per the course and apply for the examination if they fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- Aspirants who seek admission to various Post graduation courses must have Bachelor’s Degree in the respective subject.
BHU PET 2018 Highlights
Here are the highlight details of BHU PET 2018.
|Date of Exam||Second week of May 2018|
|Conducting Body||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper based)|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi, Language Papers will be in their respective language.|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective based MCQs|
|Courses Offered||General Courses, Professional Courses, Vocational Courses and Special Courses|
BHU PET 2018 Exam Dates
BHU PET 2018 will be conducted in the second week of May 2018. The test will be carried out course wise. The online application begins in the first week of February 2018 and the last date to apply is March 2018.
BHU PET 2018 Important exam dates are tabulated below:
|BHU PET 2018 Online Application begins||February 2018|
|Last Date to apply online||March 2018|
|BHU PET 2018 Exam Date||Second week of May 2018 onwards|
|BHU PET 2018 Result date (tentative)||June 2018|
BHU PET 2018 Eligibility
The minimum eligibility requirement for BHU PET 2018 is Bachelor’s Degree in concerned subject with at least 50% aggregate marks.
- There is no upper age or lower age limit for application.
- Applicants must be Indian National.
- For candidates seeking admission to M.A course in Language must have studied the concerned Language at B.A. level and should contribute in the final mark sheet.
- No minimum eligibility marks will be applicable for SC/ST candidates.
- For OBC and Physically Challenged category, a minimum of 45 % marks is required in the Degree examination.
BHU PET 2018 Application Form
Candidates who are seeking admissions to various Post Graduate Programmes in BHU should apply for PET 2018. Application will be accepted in online mode only.
Applicants should fill the online application carefully with all the required details.
How to fill BHU PET 2018 Online Application Form:
- Visit the official BHU website
- Click on “New User” to Register for PET 2018.
- Choose an easy to remember password and click submit.
- Click on “Online Application Form”
- Fill in all the details in application form.
- Upload a recent scanned Photograph and Signature.
- Choose five Exam Centers from the drop-down menu.
- Proceed to Pay the Application fees online.
- The application form will be available for download after payment of fees.
- Take a printout of the form for further references, if needed.
Read More About BHU PET 2018 Application Form
BHU PET 2018 Application Fee
BHU PET 2018 Application Fee is categorized into two categories.
- BHU PET 2018 Application Fee for General and OBC candidates is INR 500 and INR 200 for the additional Subject application fee.
- For SC and ST candidates, the application for is INR 250 and the additional Subject application fee is INR 100 respectively.
- Applicants should process additional subject fee in case they are applying for more than one subject.
The application fees can be processed in two modes:
Using Credit/Debit Card: Credit/Debit card can be used to pay the fees online through the payment gateway that is available on the Entrance Test Portal. Fill the Credit/Debit card number and CVV number and click proceed.
Using Cash payment through Challan: Applicants who cannot use credit or debit card can pay the application fee in Cash payment. Challan can be processed in any HDFC branch. Select Challan at the time of form filling to download the challan with all the details. Applicants should visit any HDFC branch on working day and deposit the amount to the bank.
|Category||Application Fee||Additional Subject Application Fee|
|General and OBC||INR 500||INR 200|
|SC/ST||INR 250||INR 100|
BHU PET 2018 Admit Card
BHU PET 2018 Admit Card will be available on BHU Entrance Test Portal bhuonline.in.
- The admit card will be issued a week prior to the entrance examination.
- Registration ID allotted at the time of examination will be required to download the Admit card.
- Email or SMS alert will be sent to the registered email id and mobile number.
- Applicants should download the Admit card and affix a recent passport size photograph.
- Due to any technical difficulty, if candidates are not able to download the admit cards, the Controller of Examinations should be contacted.
- Admit card is mandatory and should be carried to the exam hall on the day of the test.
How to Download BHU PET 2018 Admit Card
BHU PET 2018 Admit Cards will be available for download only for successful submissions of the online applications.
Here are steps to download the admit card:
- Visit BHU Entrance Portal and Click on “Download Admit Card”
- Login using Unique Registration ID and password
- Save the Admit card
- Take a print out and affix a passport size photograph in the provided space.
Check Detailed BHU PET 2018 Admit card
BHU PET 2018 Exam Centers
BHU PET 2018 will be held in 16 different cities. Applicants are required to choose the five exam centers at the time of application as per their convenience.
The exam centers are listed below:
The exam center in Mirzapur will be Rajiv Gandhi South Campus, Barkachha as per the authority.
BHU PET 2018 Exam Pattern
BHU PET 2018 aspirants should observe the exam pattern before preparing for the test. It will consist of total 120 multiple-choice questions. The duration of the examination will be 120 minutes. The mode of exam is Offline (pen and paper based). The medium of the exam is English and Hindi and Language concerned for Linguistic subjects. All Papers will be in English and Hindi except for Sanskrit.
The multiple-choice questions for various courses will be based on the concerned subject of the qualification degree.
For all the courses, the questions will include questions to check candidate’s Proficiency in English language, Analytical Abilities, General Awareness, Logical Quantitative and Aptitude.
All the questions will be based on the concerned subjects of the qualifying examination such as Degree, Diploma of the concerned course.
|Mode of Examination||Offline (Pen and Paper based)|
|Number of Questions||120|
|Maximum Marks||360 marks|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||One|
Check Detailed BHU PET 2018 Exam Pattern
BHU PET 2018 Syllabus
BHU PET 2018 Syllabus includes objective type questions based on the concerned subject of the qualifying exam.
|For M.A. in Linguistic/ Nepali/ Arabic/French/German/ Marathi/Persian/Telugu/ Indian Philosophy and Religion (IPR) / History of Art/ Pali/ Sanskrit||Current Affairs and General Knowledge; Language Proficiency in Concerned Language; Logical Quantitative and Analytical Abilities and Aptitude (inferences from percentages, tables, graphs, etc.)|
|For M.A in Economics/History/Political Science/Sociology/Psychology||Multiple-choice questions will be based on Social Sciences such as Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Rural Development, Management, Biology and Cultural Studies.|
|For M. Com||Questions based on the Qualifying Examination.|
|For M.Sc. in Physics/Chemistry/Geology/ Zoology/Botany/Computer Sciences/Biochemistry/Geophysics||Multiple-choice questions on Physics, Mathematics, Geophysics, Biology, Chemistry and based on the concerned subject.|
|M.Sc. In Computer Science||Questions on Basic Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science.|
|M.Sc. in Biochemistry||Questions based on Biochemistry and Chemistry|
|M.Sc. (Tech) in Geophysics||Questions on Geophysics, Mathematics and Physics|
|M.Sc. In Geology||Multiple choice questions on Geology of the qualifying exam.|
|M.Sc. In Botany/ Zoology||Multiple choice questions on Biology, Botany and Zoology|
|M.Sc. In Statistics||Multiple-choice questions on Mathematics and Statistics|
|For Language and Linguistic Courses||Multiple choice questions on Language Proficiency, Basic Grammar, Standardization of the concerned language, Technical words, Translation, etc.|
BHU PET 2018 Recommended Books
BHU PET aspirants can refer books to prepare for the test. Previous years question papers and books can be referred to prepare.
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author||ISBN|
|General Agriculture for Postgraduate Entrance Exam Test (PET) BHU||G. Pothiraj, S. Ashokumar and M. Mahalakshmi A. Elangovan||ASIN: B00IG2PUI6|
|Post Graduate Entrance Examinations 2017 CHEMISTRY||Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9352512324 ISBN-13: 978-9352512324|
|DU: M.A. English Entrance Test Guide||RPH Editorial Board||ISBN-10: 817812985X ISBN-13: 978-8178129853|
|M.Sc. Zoology Entrance Examination||A Sehgal||ISBN-10: 8183578314 ISBN-13: 9788183578318|
|Mathematics - A Complete Guide: M.Sc Entrance Examination||Suraj (Author), Rashmi (Author)||ISBN-10: 8183577962 ISBN-13: 978-8183577960|
BHU PET 2018 Result
BHU PET 2018 Result will be announced in the first week of June 2018. The result will be available only on BHU Portal and will not be sent by post. Sectional marks, overall marks and rank obtained by the applicants will be mentioned on the result.
If there is tie between any two applicants, the qualifying examination marks will be considered as the tie-breaker.
How to download BHU PET 2018 Result:
- Visit the Entrance Portal
- Click on “BHU PET 2018 Result”
- Click on Download Result
- Open and Save in your computer
- Take printout for further process
BHU PET 2018 Merit List
Banaras Hindu University will release the Merit list after the declaration of result. Applicants can check BHU PET 2018 Merit List on the official website. It will display Roll numbers, Category and Rank of the qualifying candidates. The seat allotment and counselling at BHU will be carried out on the basis of Merit list.
BHU PET Merit rank will be based on Theory and Practical exams both for applicable courses.
BHU PET 2018 Cut Off
Cut Off marks for BHU PET 2018 will be displayed on the official portal. The cut off marks will be based on the minimum qualifying marks announced for each course. Closing rank for each course will be determined from the cut off list. Category wise cut off will also be published.
BHU Counselling and Admissions will be carried out on the basis of the official cut off list.
BHU PET 2018 Counselling
BHU PET 2018 will be conducted in three steps:
- Online Preference Entry
- Activity on the day of Counselling
- Activity on Next day of Counselling Date
Selection of candidates will be done by merit listing. After the declaration of Cut Off and Merit List, selected applicants will be able to download the ‘Call letter’. Online Preference Entry should be submitted where the candidate can select their choice course, location and seat type.
After the entry is recorded, candidates will be called for Document verification and Payment of Admission Fee.
The selected candidates will be notified via email and SMS and they will have to attend the counselling session with the required documents.
Documents required for BHU PET 2018 must be Original
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate, if applicable
- High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate and Mark list
- Intermediate (+2) Certificate and Mark list
- Mark sheet of the Qualifying Examination/Degree Certificate and Mark list
- PET Admit Card
- Category Certificate, if applicable
- Certificate in support of claim for 'Sports Seats'
- Certificate of being the son/daughter of a permanent in-service employee/Retired/Reemployed/ Deceased employee of BHU
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College