DNB CET 2018 - Application Form, Pattern, Syllabus and Result
DNB CET 2018 Application form for June/July session are out. Candidates can fill the application form from 11 May, 2018 till 31 May, 2018 and the examination for the same is scheduled to be held on 29 June, 2018. DNB CET is a national level qualifying-cum-ranking entrance examination conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE). Students interested in various Post-Graduate Courses in modern Medicine can apply for this examination.
- Students should hold MBBS and MD/MS degree from any recognized university by Medical Council of India
- DNB CET 2018 Application Form is available only via online mode at www.cet.natboard.edu.in.
- Application fee is equal for all the categories and gender, INR 4500.
- Candidates should not forget to carry admit card and an identity proof along with them on the examination day.
- NBE conducts the examination in 33 cities across India.
- The question paper will comprise 3 subjects in English having a a maximum of 180 questions each.
- DNB CET 2018 Result will be out on 31st July, 2018 for June/July session.
- Students are required to pay an amount of INR 2500 as counselling fee to select institutions, hospitals and medical colleges as per their wish and priority.
|DNB CET 2018 Eligibility||DNB CET 2018 Exam Pattern||DNB CET 2018 Result|
DNB CET (Diplomate of National Board Centralized Entrance Test-Super Specialty) is conducted twice in a year which would be in January and June/July. The date for the examination is 29 June, 2018.
DNB CET 2018 Highlights Table
Eligible candidates who are interested in pursuing DM/MCh and DNB 3-year Super Specialty courses at NBE accredited Institutions, hospitals or medical colleges should go through the below highlights before applying.
|Exam Name||DNB CET 2018|
|Full Form||Diplomate of National Board -Centralized Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Courses offered||Post Graduate Courses in modern Medicine|
|Exam Date||29 June, 2018|
|Exam Mode||Online mode|
DNB CET 2018 Exam Dates
The exam date for DNB CET 2018 for June/July session is tabulated below. However, it is recommended that student must check with the dates on the official website time and again so that they can get the exact dates of all the events for this examination and prepare themselves accordingly.
For July Session:
|Online registration||11th May, 2018|
|Closing date||31st May, 2018|
|Exam Date||29th June, 2018|
|Result Declaration||31st July, 2018|
DNB CET 2018 Eligibility
There are various eligibility criteria that students must satisfy in order to appear for DNB CET 2018 examination. If students fail to do so, it will lead to the rejection of candidature at any stage of the whole process of examination, counselling and admission. These criteria are set by NBE authority for the students as per their guidelines. Moreover, students should fulfill all the below set criteria:
- Student’s nationality should be Indian.
- Students should hold MBBS and MD/MS degree from any recognized university by Medical Council of India
- Students who possess post graduate medical degrees along with provisional pass certificates by 31st December 2017 are eligible.
- Students who have applied must have completed their rotatory training of 3 years by 31st December, 2017.
- Students who are pursuing DM/Mch and DNB course are not eligible for this examination.
- In order to be eligible to apply for DNB CET 2018 exam, student must be registered with M.C.I./State Medical Council and the proof of registration with these must be presented before authorities at the time of counselling.
DNB CET 2018 Application Form
DNB CET 2018 application form is available only via online mode at www.cet.natboard.edu.in. It is to be noted that the form cannot be filled through any other mode. Before filling the form, candidates are advised to go through the information brochure thoroughly. Form registration is start from the 11 May, 2018 till 31 May 2018.
In case the form seems incomplete in any sense, it is liable for rejection. It is recommended to fill the form carefully and completely. There are various steps to fill DNB CET 2018 Application form which is listed below:
Step 1: Registration
- Go to the official site of NATIONAL BOARD OF EXAMINATIONS (NBE).
- Fill in all the basic details that are prompted on the screen. Some of the mandatory details are mentioned below:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s DOB (dd/mm/ yyyy format)
- Candidate’s Mobile No. (10 digits)
- Candidate’s E-Mail ID
- Year of Passing (10th, 12th, graduation)
- Guardian’s Name
- category (SC/ST/ Others)
- Aadhaar No
- Click on the displayed link for confirmation that you will receive on your registered email address.
- Log in with the registered e-mail and password.
Step 2: Application Form
- Once you have logged in with the registered e-mail address and password, tap on the link DNB CET 2018 application form.
- Application form will then be displayed on the monitor.
- Fill the form with genuine and valid personal details (name, gender, date of birth, religion, etc.) along with the educational details.
- Submit the form.
- Do note down the application ID for future reference.
- Candidates need to choose a security question as per their wish which they have to remember till the end of this process.
- Download the form (pdf format) and save it to your system
- Take a print of the application form.
Step 3: Uploading Images and Documents
- Scan your passport size photograph, signature and all the educational documents.
- Upload them in the mentioned format and resolution as per NBE guidelines.
- System will not accept the documents if the resolution is not as per the guidelines.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fees
- Application fees will be accepted via online payment gateway (Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking). Moreover, the fees are not refundable
- Do take a printout of the displayed confirmation page as a proof for future.
- The application fee is equal for all the categories and gender, that is INR 4500.
DNB CET 2018 Admit Card
After the completion of registration and scheduling process, DNB CET 2018 admit card will be allotted to candidate who have applied for this examination. The admit card will be available online on the official site of NBE. It will not be delivered by postal services.
Candidates need to download the admit card online from the site and take a printout of the same. They will have to a paste a photograph in the given space. Candidates should not forget to carry DNB CET 2018 admit card and an identity proof along with them on the examination day.
How to Download the Admit Card?
Candidates need to follow the below mentioned steps to download DNB CET 2018:
- Visit the official website of NBE.
- Enter DNB CET 2018 application No. and the opted examination name.
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen and candidates will then be redirected to the download webpage.
- Click on Download admit card of DNB CET 2018 link.
- Download and save the respective admit card.
DNB CET 2018 admit card will have the personal details as well as educational details information. They must check with the admit card carefully and in case of any discrepancy, they must report immediately.
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate’s Photograph
- The details of DNB CET 2018 examination
- Date, Time and venue of the exam
- Important instructions to be followed on the exam day.
Discrepancies in DNB CET 2018 Admit Card
Students might have some discrepancy in DNB CET 2018 Admit Card. In this case, they must report immediately online on the official website of NBE.
However, they can also contact the official offline on its postal address mentioned below:
National Board of Examinations
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar
Ring Road, New Delhi-110 029
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
DNB CET 2018 Exam Centers
The exam conducting body of DNB CET 2018, that is, NBE conducts the examination in 54 cities across India. Candidates should be careful while choosing the exam center in the application form as chances are same centers will be the allotted.
In some cases, it might be possible that the center allotted by the authorities is different from what they have chosen. The final decision of the NBE authorities will be considered.
All the cities in which this examination will be conducted is mentioned below. However, it is subject to change as per discretion. Students are recommended to check on NBE official site time and again for final confirmation.
Exam Pattern of DNB CET 2018
There is a certain exam pattern declared by NBE for DNB CET 2018 examination. It is essential for the appearing students to have complete information about DNB CET 2018 Exam Pattern so that they prepare accordingly. Mentioned below are the highlights of the exam:
|Maximum No. Of Questions||180|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Language of Question Paper||English|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
|Type of questions||Multiple type question|
|Cut off for General Category||50%|
|Cut off for SC/ST Category||40%|
|Cut-off for PwD||45%|
Apart from the above-mentioned highlights, the distribution of marks according to the subject chosen by candidate is tabulated below:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Pediatric Specialties (For Neonatology)||180|
DNB CET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus is the most important part for the students to know and prepare accurately for DNB CET 2018 exam. The key point to take down the corresponding syllabus for students is as follows:
- The syllabus comprises of various subjects or knowledge areas as a medical graduate.
- DNB CET 2018 syllabus will be prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Questions on topics like Ophthalmology, Physiology, Anatomy & many others will be asked.
- If a student wants to score well in the test students should prepare as per the prescribed syllabus.
DNB CET 2018 Result
DNB CET 2018 Result are out in the 2nd week of January 2018 for January session and 31 July, 2018 for June/July session. Results could be accessed by the students through online process on the official website of NBA. The result will be used to process DNB CET 2018 seat allotment for all the students who have cleared the exam. Candidates need to follow the steps given below to check with their results:
- Visit National Board of Examination official website.
- Click on the results tab.
- Fill in the mandatory credentials (enrolment number, password and captcha code).
- After logging in, the respective result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download DNB CET 2018 Result for further process till counselling and admissions.
DNB CET 2018 Cut off
DNB CET 2018 cut off score is the minimum qualifying marks which must be secured by students to qualify the entrance examination. There are various factors on which cut-off marks depend such as availability of seats, number of applicants and difficulty level of the entrance examination. The exam conducting authority releases DNB CET 2018 cut off at the time of result declaration.
The category wise division as per NBE is tabulated below:
|Category||Minimum Cut off Percentage|
DNB CET 2018 Tie Breaker Criteria:
Students who score equal marks and rank in the exam are subject to some tie breaker criteria which are tabulated below:
- Applicant who has cleared all MBBS professional Examinations in First attempt is preferred.
- Applicant with higher aggregate percentage in all MBBS professional Examinations shall be considered and preferred over others.
- Applicant with higher aggregate marks with respect to the corresponding percentage in 3rd MBBS professional Examination in both the parts shall be placed at higher merit position.
- Applicant with higher aggregate marks (in percentage) in 2nd MBBS professional Examination shall be taken into consideration over others and will hence be placed at higher merit position.
- Applicant with higher aggregate marks (in percentage) in 1st MBBS professional Examination shall be preferred.
DNB CET 2018 Counselling
DNB CET 2018 counselling is expected to happen in the 4th week of January for the January session and in the 3rd week of August for the July session.
DNB CET 2018 counselling will be conducted by NBE. Counselling will be strictly based on merit which is prepared on the basis of the marks obtained and rank secured by candidates in the examination. Moreover, students are required to pay an amount of INR 2500 and students can select institutions, hospitals and medical colleges as per their wish and priority.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College