Table of Contents
DNB CET 2020 Exam Dates, Eligibility, Registration and Paper Pattern
DNB CET (Diplomate of National Board Centralized Entrance Test-Super Specialty) is a national level qualifying-cum-ranking entrance examination conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE). DNB CET is conducted twice in a year which would be in January and June/July. Students interested in various Post-Graduate Courses in modern Medicine can apply for this examination.
DNB CET 2020 Application Form for January session will be available on the official website from the first week of November in online mode only. Students should hold MBBS and MD/MS degree from any recognized university by Medical Council of India. The application fee is equal for all the categories INR 4500. The exam will be scheduled for December 2020.
|DNB CET Eligibility||DNB CET Exam Center||DNB CET Exam Pattern|
- NBE conducts the examination in 54 cities across India.
- Candidates should not forget to carry admit card and an identity proof along with them on the examination day.
- The question paper will comprise 3 subjects in English having a maximum of 180 questions each.
- DNB CET 2020 Result will be out on January 2020 for January session.
- Students are required to pay an amount of INR 2500 as counselling fee to select institutions, hospitals and medical colleges as per their wish and priority.
DNB CET 2020 Highlights Table
Eligible candidates who are interested in pursuing DM/MCh and DNB 3-year Super Specialty courses at NBE accredited Institutions, hospitals or medical colleges should go through the below highlights before applying.
|Exam Name||DNB CET 2020|
|Full Form||Diplomate of National Board -Centralized Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Courses offered||Post Graduate Courses in modern Medicine|
|Exam Mode||Online mode|
DNB CET 2020 Exam Dates
The exam date for DNB CET 2020 is tabulated below. However, it is recommended that student must check with the dates on the official website time and again so that they can get the exact dates of all the events for this examination and prepare themselves accordingly.
For July Session:
|Event||January Session||July Session (Tentative)|
|Online registration||First week of November 2020||Second week of May 2020|
|Closing date||Last week of November 2020||Last week of May 2020|
|Exam Date||Third week of December 2020||Last week of June 2020|
|Result Declaration||Third week of January 2020||Last week of July|
DNB CET 2020 Eligibility
There are various eligibility criteria that students must satisfy in order to appear for DNB CET 2020 examination. If students fail to do so, it will lead to the rejection of candidature at any stage of the whole process of examination, counselling and admission. These criteria are set by NBE authority for the students as per their guidelines. Moreover, students should fulfill all the below set criteria:
- Student’s nationality should be Indian.
- Students should hold MBBS and MD/MS degree from any recognized university by Medical Council of India
- Students who possess post graduate medical degrees along with provisional pass certificates by 31st December 2018 are eligible.
- Students who have applied must have completed their rotatory training of 3 years by 31st December, 2018.
- Students who are pursuing DM/Mch and DNB course are not eligible for this examination.
- In order to be eligible to apply for DNB CET 2020 exam, student must be registered with M.C.I./State Medical Council and the proof of registration with these must be presented before authorities at the time of counselling.
DNB CET 2020 Application Form
DNB CET 2020 application form is available only via online mode at www.cet.natboard.edu.in. It is to be noted that the form cannot be filled through any other mode. Before filling the form, candidates are advised to go through the information brochure thoroughly. Form registration will start from the 06 November, 2020 till 27 November, 2020.
In case the form seems incomplete in any sense, it is liable for rejection. It is recommended to fill the form carefully and completely. There are various steps to fill DNB CET 2020 Application form which is listed below:
Step 1: Registration
- Go to the official site of NATIONAL BOARD OF EXAMINATIONS (NBE).
- Fill in all the basic details that are prompted on the screen. Some of the mandatory details are mentioned below:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s DOB (dd/mm/ yyyy format)
- Candidate’s Mobile No. (10 digits)
- Candidate’s E-Mail ID
- Year of Passing (10th, 12th, graduation)
- Guardian’s Name
- category (SC/ST/ Others)
- Aadhaar No
- Click on the displayed link for confirmation that you will receive on your registered email address.
- Log in with the registered e-mail and password.
Step 2: Application Form
- Once you have logged in with the registered e-mail address and password, tap on the link DNB CET 2020 application form.
- Application form will then be displayed on the monitor.
- Fill the form with genuine and valid personal details (name, gender, date of birth, religion, etc.) along with the educational details.
- Submit the form.
- Do note down the application ID for future reference.
- Candidates need to choose a security question as per their wish which they have to remember till the end of this process.
- Download the form (pdf format) and save it to your system
- Take a print of the application form.
Step 3: Uploading Images and Documents
- Scan your passport size photograph, signature and all the educational documents.
- Upload them in the mentioned format and resolution as per NBE guidelines.
- System will not accept the documents if the resolution is not as per the guidelines.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fees
- Application fees will be accepted via online payment gateway (Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking). Moreover, the fees are not refundable
- Do take a printout of the displayed confirmation page as a proof for future.
- The application fee is equal for all the categories and gender, that is INR 4500.
DNB CET 2020 Admit Card
After the completion of registration and scheduling process, DNB CET 2020 admit card will be allotted to candidate who have applied for this examination. The admit card will be available online on the official site of NBE. It will not be delivered by postal services.
Candidates need to download the admit card online from the site and take a printout of the same. They will have to a paste a photograph in the given space. Candidates should not forget to carry DNB CET 2020 admit card and an identity proof along with them on the examination day.
How to Download the Admit Card?
Candidates need to follow the below mentioned steps to download DNB CET 2020:
- Visit the official website of NBE.
- Enter DNB CET 2020 application No. and the opted examination name.
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen and candidates will then be redirected to the download webpage.
- Click on Download admit card of DNB CET 2020 link.
- Download and save the respective admit card.
DNB CET 2020 admit card will have the personal details as well as educational details information. They must check with the admit card carefully and in case of any discrepancy, they must report immediately.
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate’s Photograph
- The details of DNB CET 2020 examination
- Date, Time and venue of the exam
- Important instructions to be followed on the exam day.
Discrepancies in DNB CET 2020 Admit Card
Students might have some discrepancy in DNB CET 2020 Admit Card. In this case, they must report immediately online on the official website of NBE.
However, they can also contact the official offline on its postal address mentioned below:
National Board of Examinations
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar
Ring Road, New Delhi-110 029
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
DNB CET 2020 Exam Centers
The exam conducting body of DNB CET 2020, that is, NBE conducts the examination in 54 cities across India. Candidates should be careful while choosing the exam center in the application form as chances are same centers will be the allotted.
In some cases, it might be possible that the center allotted by the authorities is different from what they have chosen. The final decision of the NBE authorities will be considered.
All the cities in which this examination will be conducted is mentioned below. However, it is subject to change as per discretion. Students are recommended to check on NBE official site time and again for final confirmation.
Exam Pattern of DNB CET 2020
There is a certain exam pattern declared by NBE for DNB CET 2020 examination. It is essential for the appearing students to have complete information about DNB CET 2020 Exam Pattern so that they prepare accordingly. Mentioned below are the highlights of the exam:
|Maximum No. Of Questions||180|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Language of Question Paper||English|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
|Type of questions||Multiple type question|
|Cut off for General Category||50%|
|Cut off for SC/ST Category||40%|
|Cut-off for PwD||45%|
Apart from the above-mentioned highlights, the distribution of marks according to the subject chosen by candidate is tabulated below:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Pediatric Specialties (For Neonatology)||180|
DNB CET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus is the most important part for the students to know and prepare accurately for DNB CET 2020 exam. The key point to take down the corresponding syllabus for students is as follows:
- The syllabus comprises of various subjects or knowledge areas as a medical graduate.
- DNB CET 2020 syllabus will be prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Questions on topics like Ophthalmology, Physiology, Anatomy & many others will be asked.
- If a student wants to score well in the test students should prepare as per the prescribed syllabus.
DNB CET 2020 Result
DNB CET 2020 Result are out in the 2nd week of January 2020 for January session and 31 July, 2020 for June/July session. Results could be accessed by the students through online process on the official website of NBA. The result will be used to process DNB CET 2020 seat allotment for all the students who have cleared the exam. Candidates need to follow the steps given below to check with their results:
- Visit National Board of Examination official website.
- Click on the results tab.
- Fill in the mandatory credentials (enrolment number, password and captcha code).
- After logging in, the respective result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download DNB CET 2020 Result for further process till counselling and admissions.
DNB CET 2020 Cut off
DNB CET 2020 cut off score is the minimum qualifying marks which must be secured by students to qualify the entrance examination. There are various factors on which cut-off marks depend such as availability of seats, number of applicants and difficulty level of the entrance examination. The exam conducting authority releases DNB CET 2020 cut off at the time of result declaration.
The category wise division as per NBE is tabulated below:
|Category||Minimum Cut off Percentage|
DNB CET 2020 Tie Breaker Criteria:
Students who score equal marks and rank in the exam are subject to some tie breaker criteria which are tabulated below:
- Applicant who has cleared all MBBS professional Examinations in First attempt is preferred.
- Applicant with higher aggregate percentage in all MBBS professional Examinations shall be considered and preferred over others.
- Applicant with higher aggregate marks with respect to the corresponding percentage in 3rd MBBS professional Examination in both the parts shall be placed at higher merit position.
- Applicant with higher aggregate marks (in percentage) in 2nd MBBS professional Examination shall be taken into consideration over others and will hence be placed at higher merit position.
- Applicant with higher aggregate marks (in percentage) in 1st MBBS professional Examination shall be preferred.
DNB CET 2020 Counselling
DNB CET 2020 counselling is expected to happen in the 4th week of January for the January session and in the 3rd week of August for the July session.
DNB CET 2020 counselling will be conducted by NBE. Counselling will be strictly based on merit which is prepared on the basis of the marks obtained and rank secured by candidates in the examination. Moreover, students are required to pay an amount of INR 2500 and students can select institutions, hospitals and medical colleges as per their wish and priority.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College