DSAT 2019: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus & Pattern
Dayanand Sagar Admission Test or DSAT is a university level entrance exam organized by Dayanand Sagar University (DSU). It is held for admission to various UG and PG program in DSU. DSAT 2019 will be conducted in the month of April and May 2019 in both online/offline mode.
|DSAT 2019 Application Form||DSAT Admit Card||DSAT Exam Pattern|
The programs offered through DSAT are Engineering, Commerce and Management, Computer Applications, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Basic and Applied Sciences, Physiotherapy, Nursing Sciences and Arts and Humanities.
The type of questions asked in the examination is of Objective based multiple-choice questions. DSAT aspirants should go through this page and read the information and check whether or not they fulfill the eligibility for their choice of courses.
DSAT 2019 Highlights
|Date of Exam||April and May 2019|
|Conducting Body||Dayanand Sagar University (DSU), Bangalore|
|Mode of Exam||Both Online/Offline (pen and paper based)|
|Medium of Exam||English only|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective based multiple-choice questions|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Commerce and Management, Computer Applications, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Basic and Applied Sciences, Physiotherapy, Nursing Sciences and Arts and Humanities.|
|Number of Seats||Varies for different courses|
DSAT 2019 Exam Dates
DSAT 2019 will be conducted in different slots in the months of April and May 2019. The exam notification will be issued by Dayananda Sagar University, Bangalore on the official website. The application form is available on the official website. The closing date for online and offline application for DSAT 2019 is third week of March 2019. Further, DSAT 2019 Exam Dates are discussed below-
|DSAT 2019 Application begins||December 29, 2018|
|Last Date for applying||One Week Before DSAT Date|
|DSAT 2019 Exam Dates||April and May 2019|
|DSAT 2019 Result||May 2019|
DSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility for UG courses for DSAT 2019 examination is 10+2 exam or any equivalent exam. The eligibility for all the courses offered by DSU are listed below.
For Undergraduate Courses
- For B.A Journalism:
- Aspirants require Merit rank in CBSE/PUC/ICSE/10+2 or any equivalent examination from recognized Board or University.
- For B. Com (Bachelor of Commerce):
- Applicants should have passed ICSE/PUC/CBSE/10+2 or any equivalent exam from a recognized Board.
- For B. Sc. (Bachelor of Science):
- Applicants must have passed ICSE/PUC/CBSE/10+2 or any equivalent exam from a recognized Board with Chemistry as a compulsory subject.
- The minimum marks required in aggregate are 45% of marks.
- For B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy):
- Aspirants should have passed two-year PUC examination or any equivalent examination of an approved Board or University.
- Applicants should have at least 40% in either of these combinations: PCM, PCB, PCMB, PC & Computer Science or PC & Electronics.
- For Pharm.D:
- Applicants must have passed 10+2 from PUC or any other equivalent examination.
- Physics and Chemistry should be compulsory subjects with either Biology or Mathematics.
- For BPT (Bachelor’s in Physiotherapy):
- A minimum of 40% of aggregate marks in PCB with English in PUC/CBSE/ICSE/10+2 or any equivalent examination.
- For B.Tech (Bachelor OF Technology):
- Aspirants should have passed in PUC/CBSE/ICSE/10+2 from any recognized Board or University/Any equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The minimum marks required for the qualifying examination is 45% for General and OBC category applicants. For SC/ST, at least 40% of marks are required in Physics, Mathematics or any one of the subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Electronics, English.
- For BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications):
- Applicants should have passed PUC/CBSE/ICSE/10+2 from any recognized Board or University.
- For BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration):
- Applicants should have passed PUC/CBSE/ICSE/10+2 from any recognized Board or University.
- For PB B.Sc (Nursing):
- Applicants should be a registered nurse and have passed in Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (DGNM).
- Candidates who have passed their B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) or Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Degree or Post Certificate B.Sc. Nursing from any recognized University with at least 50%.
- One-year experience is required after the degree in any hospital or nursing educational institute.
For Post-Graduation Courses
- For M.Sc. (Nursing):
- Applicant must have passed the Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (DGNM).
- B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) or Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Degree or Post Certificate B.Sc. from any recognized University with minimum 50% of marks.
- One year of experience of working as a nurse.
- The applicant should be a registered Nurse.
- For M.Tech (Master of Technology):
- A degree in BE/B.Tech with at least 50% of marks in aggregate in the applied choice of field.
- For MPT (Master’s in Physiotherapy):
- A Degree in Physiotherapy or B.Sc. (PT) of 3&1/2 years duration (Full-Time courses) from any recognized university.
- The minimum marks requirement is 50% of aggregate marks with 6 months of internship.
DSAT 2019 Application Form
Applicants who wish to apply can submit their DSAT 2019 Application Forms in both online and offline modes. The last date to submit the application form for both online and offline mode is the third week of March 2019.
For Online Application Process
- Visit official website of DSAT 2019.
- Register with a valid email address and mobile number
- Click on “Fill Online Application Form”
- Fill in all the required credentials.
- Upload photograph and signature in jpg format
- Process the payment of application fee using the online method
- After successful payment, the applicants can download the filled application form.
- Take a print for future reference.
For Offline Application Proces
Aspirants who want to process their applications in offline mode can visit the official website and download the application form.
- Applicants are required to follow the online process as mentioned above and take a print out of the form.
- Application form print should be submitted along with the fees at the University.
DSAT 2019 Aspirants should note that the application forms should be filled in the given time only.
DSAT 2019 Application Fee
Applicants can pay the fees online through the official website. For the offline application process, application fee payment should be done at the fee counter at the University.
Here are the instructions to process the application fee online:
- Applicants should visit the official website.
- Click on “Payment” on the right-hand side
- Click on the link “Proceed to Online Payment”
- HDFC Bank portal will be opened in a new tab
- Select Fees, State as Karnataka and City as Bangalore
- Select Dayanand Sagar University from the Type of Institution.
- Click Pay online and the page will navigate to enter details
- Enter your Application number
- Add in your credit/debit card details and process the payment.
DSAT 2019 Exam Centers
DSAT 2019 Exam will be carried out in 67 cities of 20 states. Applicants are required to fill in their choice of exam center at the time of application.
The list of exam centers and cities is listed below:
|State||City||April 27||April 28||April 29||May 3||May 4||May 5||May 6|
|New Delhi||New Delhi||y||y|
|Punjab & Hara11ana||Chandigarh||y|
DSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
A brief idea of DSAT Exam Pattern and type of question asked in the examination is important. Aspirants should study the pattern to map out their study for DSAT 2019.
- Exam will be conducted in various slots in the month of April and May.
- Language for answering is English only.
- Exam will be conducted in both online/offline mode.
- There will be 100 questions to be attempted in 2 hours duration.
- Questions will be objective based multiple-choice questions.
DSAT 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Mode of Examination||Offline (pen and paper based)|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
DSAT 2019 Syllabus
DSAT 2019 Syllabus is based on the 10+1 and 10+2 examination syllabus. The questions paper is objective based with 100 marks. The course based syllabus for DSAT 2019 is mentioned below:
|For B.A Journalism||Class 10+1 &10+2 Art Syllabus|
|For B. Com (Bachelor of Commerce):||Class 10+1 &10+2 Commerce Syllabus|
|For B. Sc. (Bachelor of Science):||Class 10+1 &10+2 Science Syllabus|
|For Pharm.D:||Class 10+1 &10+2 Science Syllabus with Chemistry Compulsory|
|For BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration):||Class 10+1 &10+2 Arts Syllabus|
|For BPharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy):||Class 10+1 &10+2 Science Syllabus with Chemistry as compulsory subject|
|For BPT (Bachelor’s in Physiotherapy):||Class 10+1 &10+2 Science Syllabus with English|
|For B.Tech (Bachelor OF Technology):||Class 10+1 &10+2 with PCM|
|For BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications):||Class 10+1 &10+2 with Computer Science|
Recommended Books for DSAT 2019
We have compiled some of the DSAT Books for all the aspirants of DSAT. These books will help understand the test pattern of DSAT 2019 and improve your preparation level. DSU (Dayanand Sagar University) also releases official mock tests, near to the DSAT 2019 Exam Date.
To be better equipped for the tests that the year will bring — read a textbook. To prepare for the tests that life will bring — read a book.”
|Name of the Book||Author||ISBN No.|
|AIIMS - Major Online Test Series- 2018||Career Point Kota||CD-ROM|
|Class Notes For 12th PCB (Set of 9 Volumes)||Career Point Kota|
|The Perfect Study Resource for - Jamia Millia Islamia BBS/B.COM/BACA/BA(hons)/BA(Economics) Entrances 2018||Pallavi TS, Atul, R K Behl, Diwakar Sharma||9352511603|
|AMU (Aligarh Muslim University) B.A. (Bachelor 0f Arts) with solved papers 2016||Arihant Experts||9311123218|
|All India Engineering Entrance Exam - B.E./B.Tech||H.P.Sharma, Yash Srivastava, N.K.Singh||9350132273|
DSAT 2019 Result
DSAT 2019 Result will be declared in May 2019. The result will specify marks secured by the candidates. Merit rank and cut off list will be published on the website few days after result.
Steps to download the DSAT 2019 Result:
- Visit the homepage of the official website
- Click on “ DSAT 2019 Result”
- Enter your application number
- Download and take a printout of the result.
DSAT 2019 Merit List
Dayanand Sagar University will release the Merit list course wise. The merit list will be published on the official website hence candidates are required to check the merit list online.
DSAT 2019 Cut Off
After the release of result, the cut off list will be published on the official website. The cut off list will be published on the basis of course and category. Cut off marks will help determine their rank for the process of admission.
DSAT 2019 Seat Intake
The seat matrix for DSAT 2019 on the basis, of course, is tabulated below:
|For UG Courses||Seats|
|B. Com (Bachelor of Commerce)||120|
|BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)||180|
|B.Sc Bachelor of Science||120|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)||40|
|BCA Bachelor of Computer Applications||60|
|For PG Courses||Seats|
|Masters in Physiotherapy (MPT)||5|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College