Table of Contents
DU LLB 2020 Application Form(Releasing Soon), Exam Dates, Eligibility, Result and Cutoff
DU LLB Entrance Exam 2020 is a university level test conducted annually to shortlist aspirants for admission in 3-year LLB Program offered at Faculty of Law, Delhi University. The examination was postponed due to outbreak of COVID-19, which was scheduled earlier to be conducted by National Testing Agency from June 2, 2020 to June 9, 2020 in computer-based mode.
Latest: DU LLB Entrance Exam 2020 Schedule to be Revised Soon.
- DU LLB 2020 Application Process which was supposed to take place from April 2, 2020 has been delayed without any official notice and further notification is awaited.
- Candidates having 50% marks (general category), 45% (OBC/CW/PwD Category), 40% (SC/ST) are eligible to apply
- Exam consists of 100 questions with total 40 marks.
- 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for the wrong ones.
- Candidates clearing DU LLB 2020 Cutoff will be eligible to appear for the counselling round.
- Candidates have to choose 3 Faculty of law campuses as per their preferences for admission during DU LLB 2020 Counselling Process.
DU LLB 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||DU LLB Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Authority||DU’s Faculty of Law|
|Exam Date | Mode||June 2, 2020 to June 9, 2020 | Computer-based mode|
|Mode of DU Registration||Online|
|DU Application Fees|
UR/OBC/CW – 750
EWS/SC/ST/PwD – 300
|DU LLB Helpdesk||+91 1127667336 | +91 1127667483|
DU LLB 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can go through the following table to get an idea of the events around DU LLB Exam:
|Release of DU LLB Application Form|
|Last date for DU LLB Registration||April 30, 2020|
|Availability of DU LLB Admit card||May 15, 2020|
|DU LLB 2020 Exam Date||June 2, 2020 – June 9, 2020|
|Declaration of DU LLB Result||June 25, 2020|
|First Admission List of DU LLB||July 2020|
DU LLB 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility standards are segregated as per candidate’s category and qualification as well. A brief about the same is listed below:
- Candidates must be Graduate/Post Graduate from any university recognized by UGC.
- Candidates appearing in final year of qualifying degree examination are also eligible to appear in DU LL.B.
- No candidate who has passed LL.B. course from any University shall be allowed to take admission.
- No candidate on the rolls of LL.B. or ex-student of any University shall be allowed to take admission in DU LL.B. course unless they get their admission cancelled.
- Unreserved and EWS Category candidates must have at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade point in aggregate in the qualifying degree examination while OBC/CW/PwD Category and SC/ST Category Candidates must have scored at least 45% and 40% marks respectively.
DU LLB 2020 Application Form
The application forms for the law entrance examination will be available in online mode only. For 2020, the registration window was scheduled to be open from April 02, 2020, has been delayed and will soon be notified. Although no official notification regarding the same has been issued. Listed below are the basic steps involved:
Part 1: Registration
Step 1: Visit the official website of DU LLB
Step 2: Click on ‘New Registration’
Step 3: Provide the following credentials:
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of birth
- Email ID, etc.
Step 4: After filling all the credentials click on ‘submit’
Step 5: You will be provided with User ID and Password on the registered id.
Part 2: Filling details in Application Form
Step 6: Log in with the user id and password provided at the time of registration.
Step 7: You will be redirected to a new page where other details must be filled.
Step 8: Candidates have to fill the following details in DU LLB Application Form:
- Personal details
- Basic details
- Educational details
- Communicational details, etc.
Part 3: Uploading of Images
Step 9: Scan and upload the required documents:
- Passport size photograph in jpg format.
- Scanned image of signature in jpg format.
DU LLB 2020 Application Fee Payment
The registration process will not be successful without the payment of the application fee. Make note that fee once paid will not be refunded.
Step 1: Login to the admission portal with the help of email ID and Password
Step 2: Choose ‘Make Payment’ Option
Step 3: Make payment via
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
|UR/ OBC/ CW||INR 750|
|(EWS/ SC/ ST/ PwD)||INR 300|
DU LLB 2020 Admit Card
DU LLB Admit Card will be released on April 30, 2020 at the official portal only. Candidates who fail to produce their admit cards on the exam day will not be allowed to appear for DU LLB 2020.
Given below are the steps to download DU LLB 2020 Admit Card:
Step 1: To download DU LLB Admit Card, go to the official website.
Step 3: Enter your Register ID and Password.
Step 4: Save and take a print out of the document.
Candidates should check the following information on Admit Card before taking the print out.
- Candidates Name
- Contact Details
- Candidates Photograph
- Examination Centre
- Timings of the Exam
DU LLB 2020 Exam Center
The convening body of DU LLB Entrance Exam releases the list of the exam centers at its official website. Candidates have to mention their preference of exam cities in the application form. It must be noted that the final allotted center is mentioned on the admit card. The centers will be allocated on a first-cum-first-serve basis.
|Jammu||Jammu & Kashmir|
DU LLB 2020 Exam Pattern
DU LLB paper pattern has not been changed since 2017. The exam pattern of DU LLB and LLM is tabulated below:
|Particulars||LLB Program||LLM Program|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based)||Online (Computer-Based)|
|Number of papers||1||1|
|Number of questions||100 Questions||100 Questions|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|DU LLB Total marks||400 marks||400 marks|
|Exam duration||2 hours||2 hours|
|Exam language||English only||English only|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks/ question||4 marks/ question|
|Negative Marking||-1 mark||-1 mark|
DU LLB 2020 Syllabus
Aspirants appearing for DU LLB Entrance Exam 2020 should be fully aware of the syllabus. A brief syllabus for UG program is given below:
Section 1: English Language Comprehension
The questions in this section are from comprehension and grammar. They are designed in order to test a candidate’s aptitude in English. In the comprehension section, candidates are evaluated on the basis of their understanding of the passage, its central theme, the meaning of words etc. In the grammar section, candidates are required to spot the errors, fill in the blanks with an appropriate choice etc.
Section 2: General Knowledge
Candidates are tested on the basis of their awareness of national and international issues including static General Knowledge. It is important to keep oneself up-to-date with the news and other topics discussed in the print and digital media from April to June, 2020.
Section 3: Legal Awareness Aptitude
The section tests candidate’s interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem-solving ability. The official website states – ‘Questions will be framed with the help of legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be "true" in the real sense (e.g. the legal proposition may be that any person who speaks in a movie hall and disturbs others that are watching the movie will be banned from entering any movie theatre across India for one year). Candidates will have to assume the "truth" of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.’
Section 4: Analytical Abilities
The questions are designed to test a candidate's ability to identify patterns, rectify illogical arguments and logical links. They will be framed around syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
DU LLB 2020 Result
The Result of the law entrance exam is notified on the University website at du.ac.in. DU LLB Result 2020 will be released on June 25, 2020. Given below are the steps to check online DU LLB 2020 Result:
Step 1: Visit the official website of DU LLB
Step 2: Look for the result link.
Step 3: Provide the credentials like ID and password
Step 4: Click on button ‘Submit’
Step 5: Download the result and take print out.
DU LLB Answer Keys
DU LLB Final Answer Key has been published along with the result merit list. Download Final Key PDF
- No objections regarding the final answer key shall be entertained.
- The provisional answer key of the examination will be tentatively released on July 9. Downoad Answer Key PDF
- Any objection to the key could be raised till July 11, 2020 (10:00 AM). Candidates had to login with their Application form number and date of birth as password to raise objection. Direct Link to Raise Objection
- An expert body of the Law teachers reviewed the objections to the proposed answer key and published the final answer key.
- It is expected, that the finality of the result declared shall be maintained by all concerned including courts and shall not be interfered in any manner.
DU LLB 2020 Counselling
Counselling Process will tentatively begin in the last week of July 2020. The shortlisted candidates will be called for DU LLB Counselling. The seats will be allotted on the basis of candidates rank. There is no separate form to be filled for the counselling process.
Documents required on the day of counselling:
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Graduation Passing Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Admit Card of Entrance Exam
- 8 Passport Size Photograph
- Age Certificate
DU LLB 2020 FAQs
Ques. What is the Application Fee for DU LLB Registration?
Ans. The Application fee for General/ OBC/ CW is INR 750 and for EWS/ SC/ ST/ PwD it is INR 300.
Ques. Can the registration fee be paid through offline mode?
Ans. NO, the entire process will take place online only. Candidates have to pay the Registration fee online only through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net banking.
Ques. What are the different sections in the DU LLB exam?
Ans. The Exam consists of 4 sections namely – English Language Comprehension, General Knowledge, Legal Awareness Aptitude and Analytical Abilities.
Ques. I have misplaced my admit card for DU LLB 2020. What can be done for the same?
Ans. In case you have lost the admit card no need to worry, you can login to the official website and download a new admit card. Keep it carefully as it is an important document to be carried throughtout the admission process.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College