DU LLB Syllabus 2021 has not been released by the Faculty of Law, DU yet. However, based on previous year question papers and other LLB level law exams, we have curated below the most important topics for the upcoming law entrance exam.
The syllabus of DU LLB entrance exam includes questions from English, General Knowledge, and Legal Aptitude. This year, the exam will be conducted in the month of June, 2021 (tentative) and will likely follow a computer based test pattern. Check DU LLB Exam Pattern.
- June 2: BCI has set up a panel to decide the method of exam for Law candidates.
- May 24: Law aspirants planning to appear for DU LLB 2021 can download practice papers for preparation. Download Here.
- April 28: DU authorities plans to complete the admission of foreign students by the end of June 2021.
Table of Contents
DU LLB 2021 Entrance Exam Syllabus
There are four sections in DU LLB Entrance Exam viz.
- English Language Comprehension,
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs,
- Analytical Abilities, and
- Legal Awareness and Aptitude.
The section wise syllabus of DU LLB 2021 is as follows:
DU LLB Syllabus for English
This section tests a candidate’s proficiency in English. The section usually has three major components viz.
- Vocabulary – it will majorly cover synonyms, antonyms, and analogies.
- Grammar – you will have to correct the grammatical errors in questions, fill in the blanks with appropriate words, etc.
- Comprehension – will test the understanding of passage including its central theme and word meanings.
|Topics of DU LLB Syllabus for English|
|Analogies||Idioms and Phrases|
|One-word substitution||Sentence improvement & rearrangement|
|Fill in the blanks||Subject-Verb Agreement|
|Noun/ Pronoun/ Articles & Conjunction||Grammatical errors- tense, voice, preposition usage, speech errors|
|Correct Spelling||Spotting errors|
DU LLB Recommended Books – English Section
|DU LLB Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|High School English Grammar and Composition Key||Wren and Martin|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
DU LLB Syllabus for General Knowledge
This section is considered as make it or break it a section of the law entrance exam. The section that tests a candidate's level of awareness within the country and worldwide.
- There will be static GK questions as well. Static GK signifies facts about the places, people and things that will remain the same in the future as well.
- Questions are asked from the recent topics and current affairs broadly featuring between March 2021 and April 2021.
Tabulated below are some important topics that form DU LLB syllabus for GK section:
|Politics||Ancient, Medieval, Modern and World History|
|Geography||Economics (Outline of Indian Economy, Five Year Plans, National Income of India, Indian Tax Structure)|
|Science and technology||Environment & Ecology|
|General Science||National & International Burning topics|
|Books and Authors||Environment|
|Industries||Major Industries in India|
|Agriculture||Awards and Achievements|
DU LLB Recommended Books – GK Section
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|Manorama Yearbook 2021||Mammen Mathew|
|Current Affairs Yearly 2021||Arihant Experts|
|General Knowledge 2021: Latest Current Affairs & Who's Who||RPH Editorial Board|
DU LLB Syllabus for Analytical Abilities
This section is devised to evaluate a candidate’s ability to analytically comprehend different aspects of a situation or scenario and logically derive solutions. No visual questions are asked in the section. It covers a variety of logical aptitude questions including syllogism, logical sequences, analogies, etc.
|Statement & Assumptions||Statement & Conclusions|
|Statement & Arguments||Statement & actions|
|Assertion – Reason||Syllogism|
|Number test||Direction and distance test|
|Coding and Decoding||Blood Relationships|
DU LLB Recommended Books – Analytical Abilities Section
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|Universal's Logical Reasoning for CLAT, LSAT and other Law Entrance Exams||Jain Prateek|
|Analytical Reasoning||M. K. Pandey|
|Logical Reasoning||R K Gupta and Samiksha Gupta|
DU LLB Syllabus for Legal Awareness and Aptitude
It is considered to be the most interesting area of study among the law aspirants. This section primarily focuses on the legal aptitude of candidates.
- The questions are framed as legal propositions having a set of facts that satisfy the propositions.
- One has to analyze a suitable proposition and answer questions based on the given set of facts.
|Indian Constitution||Indian Penal Code|
|Indian Contract Act||Family Law|
|Law of Torts||Legal fundamentals and terms|
|Legal Maxims||Important Landmarks|
|Supreme Court Judgements||-|
DU LLB Recommended Books – Legal Awareness and Aptitude Section
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and other Law Entrance Examinations||Bhardwaj|
|Legal Awareness Legal Reasoning||Bhardwaj|
|Legal Aptitude||RK Gupta|
General Preparation Tips for DU LLB 2021
- Brush up the basics of grammar to tackle the error detection questions and sentence correction.
- Read Newspaper daily or watch the news to stay up to date with the affairs of the country and the world.
- Solve puzzles, Sudoku, riddles, etc. to get a hang of the Reasoning section.
- Read books and online general awareness forums for static general knowledge.
- No assumptions should be made while attempting the paper.
- Always pick the option that is closest to the principle.
- This section requires speed and time management, especially the principle fact questions.
- The legal fact and legal G.K questions can be attempted well by identifying and memorizing important constitutional articles, landmark and recent judgments and new laws/amendments.
- Candidates must make a proper study plan and stick to the same. Spend at least 2 to 3 hours every day for preparation.
- Solve as many DU LLB Question Paper & Mock Tests as possible. Solve at least 2 to 3 in the final month before the exam.
DU LLB 2021 Syllabus FAQs
Ques. What is a good strategy to attempt the DU LLB entrance exam?
Ans. A good strategy while attempting the paper is to attempt all the easy questions first followed by the questions you find difficult.
Ques. Is it a good idea to attempt all the questions in the exam?
Ans. NO, it is not a good idea to attempt all the questions in DU LLB. There is a negative marking of 1/4th marks, so every wrong answer will cost you a lot. Attempt questions you are confident you can solve.
Ques. How to save time during the exam?
Ans. The easiest way to save time during the exam is to solve the questions that you take less time in first and attempt the lengthy ones at the end. You can also reduce your overall timing by practising using sample papers.
Ques. How to improve English section?
Ans. The best way to improve english section for DU LLB entrance is to solidify your basics first. Work on your vocabulary and grammar.
Ques. How to improve the legal knowledge sections?
Ans. The Legal Knowledge section requires a lot of reading. You should prepare notes for every topic and go through the sample papers and last years paper to understand the pattern of questions asked.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.