HP PAT 2019 Eligibility, Registration, Exam Dates, Pattern and Syllabus
Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test (HP PAT) is a state level entrance exam conducted once in a year by Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board, Dharamshala for admitting candidates in the 3 years Diploma courses in various government and private Polytechnic institutions in Himachal Pradesh. HP PAT 2019 is scheduled for May 19, 2019 (tentative) in offline mode.
|HP PAT Eligibility||HP PAT Admit Card||HP PAT Exam Pattern|
- Candidates must have passed class 10 exams from Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education.
- HP PAT 2019 Application Form will be available in online mode from April 04, 2019 (tentative).
- Application fee for General candidates is INR 650 and for SC/ST/OBC candidates is INR 400.
- Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board conducts the exam in 29 centers all over state of Himachal Pradesh.
- The exam consists 150 objective type question with a duration of 3 hours.
- HP PAT Result will be declared by the first week of June 2019.
HP PAT 2019 Exam Highlights
The exam highlights table for HP PAT 2019 Entrance Examination is given below.
|Conducting Body||Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board|
|Mode of HP PAT 2019 exam||Offline exam|
|Medium of HP PAT 2019 exam||English and Hindi|
|Duration of HP PAT 2019 exam||3 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type and total 150 questions|
HP PAT 2019 Exam Dates
Below tables shows the tentative dates for HP PAT 2019 Exam dates
|Availability of application form||April 04, 2019|
|Last date for submitting application form||May 03, 2019|
|Admit card availability||May 10, 2019|
|HP PAT 2019 exam date||May 20, 2019|
|Declaration of Result||First week of June 2019|
HP PAT 2019 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for HP PAT 2019 exam has been listed below:
- Candidates applying for HP PAT 2019 exam must belong to Himachal Pradesh state.
- Applicants must have passed their Class 10 or equivalent exam conducted by Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE).
- Candidates who appeared for the qualifying exam and awaiting results can also apply.
- It is important to secure at least 35% of aggregate marks in the qualifying Class X exam.
- Candidates have to pass in the mandatory subjects which include Mathematics, Science and English.
HP PAT 2019 Application Form
HP PAT 2019 Application Form details like date of availability, fee structure based on caste category of candidate and the mode of application fee payment is explained below:
- HP PAT 2019 Application Form will be available from the first week of April 2019.
- Candidates cannot make any changes or corrections in HP PAT 2019 application form after the final submission is made. So, candidates are requested to fill the application form carefully.
- Candidates need to fill HP PAT 2019 application form online.
The below table lists the application fee structure based on the category.
How to fill HP PAT 2019 Application Form
Below given steps are to be followed to fill the online application form successfully.
Step 1: New User Registration
- Visit the official website of Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board - hptechboard.com
- Go to the Online Admission 2019 link.
- Click on Polytechnic Admission (PAT-2019) link.
- Now new browser tab will open. Click on the Polytechnic-PAT 2019 link.
- Click on the New User Registration link available under Online Services.
- Enter the required registration details and click on submit button.
Step 2: Login and fill Application Form
- Enter the login credentials provided at the time of registration and login.
- Click on the Apply Online link.
- Fill all requested details in PAT-2019 application form like personal details, educational details.
- Upload the scanned image of photograph and signature based on the given specifications.
Step 3: Application fee payment
- Application fee payment can be done through online modes like internet banking, credit card, debit card or through offline bank challan payment method.
- After fee payment, save the application form and fee receipt for future references.
HP PAT 2019 Admit Card
The details regarding HP PAT 2019 admit card is listed below:
- Admit card will not be sent by post to candidates and must be downloaded from the official website of the exam conducting authority.
- HP PAT 2019 Admit Card will be available for download from the third week of May 2019.
- Admit card is mandatory for permitting candidates into the examination hall.
- Admit card will contain the basic information such as name of candidate, roll number, photograph, signature, address of candidate, venue of the test centre, test schedule and the instructions to be followed by candidate.
The steps to download HP PAT 2019 admit card.
- Candidates are requested to visit the official website - hptechboard.com.
- Find and click on HP PAT 2019 admit card download link.
- Enter the register number and submit.
- Download and save the admit card for future references.
HP PAT 2019 Exam Center
Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board conducts HP PAT 2019 exam in 29 centers all over state of Himachal Pradesh. The examination centre once allotted to candidate will not be considered for change at any stage. Therefore, candidates must carefully select the exam center at the time of application.
HP PAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The basic details regarding HP PAT 2019 exam pattern are listed below.
- All the questions in HP PAT 2019 exam will be of the multiple-choice type with 4 answer options for a single question.
- The duration for HP PAT 2019 exam is 3 hours with a total of 150 MCQ type questions.
- There is a provision for negative marking in this exam.
- For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- For each incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted.
Exam pattern Highlights
Below table shows the important information regarding HP PAT 2019 Exam Pattern.
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Sections in Paper||4|
HP PAT 2019 Syllabus
Information regarding HP PAT 2019 exam syllabus is given below,
- HP PAT 2019 syllabus will be based on the Matriculation (Class X) academic syllabus which includes the 4 major subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Syllabus will be totally based on the latest updated syllabus prescribed by Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education.
Syllabus for HP PAT 2019 exam based on weightage for each subject is given below in the table.
|S. No.||Subject||No. of questions||No. of marks|
Books that can be taken as a reference for preparing for HP PAT 2019 exam are listed in the table.
|S.No.||Name of the Book||Publisher or Author|
|1||Himachal Pradesh PAT Polytechnic Pravesh Pariksha||Arihant Experts|
|2||Himachal Pradesh PAT Polytechnic Pravesh Pariksha (Old Edition) (Hindi)||Arihant Experts|
HP PAT 2019 Result
The important information regarding HP PAT 2019 Result is given below:
- Result will be declared by the first week of June 2019.
- Merit list will be prepared by Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board based on the marks secured in HP PAT 2019.
- Result can be downloaded from official website of the conducting board - hptechboard.com.
- Result card of candidates will not be sent through post.
The information regarding HP PAT 2019 Merit Score, Tie-breaking method and Answer Key are given below:
- If two or more candidates secure the same mark score in the entrance exam, then candidate senior by age will be given the higher merit score in HP PAT 2019 counselling process.
- Authorities will be releasing answer key for HP PAT 2019 exam online.
- Answer keys will be released within 2 weeks of the completion of the exam, which can be downloaded from the official website.
- Any objections in the answer key provided can reported to the board immediately.
HP PAT 2019 Cut Off
Selection cut off marks for HP PAT 2019 polytechnic entrance exam depends on the total number of candidates appeared for HP PAT 2019 exam, difficulty level of question paper etc. However, there is minimum cut off score for the written exam based on the caste category of candidates, in order to qualify them in the written exam. Candidates failing to meet the below minimum cut off mark in their written exam will not be eligible to attend counselling process.
- To attend HP PAT 2019 Counselling, qualifying marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category is 60 marks (10% of total marks).
- For candidates belonging to General category, qualifying mark is 90 marks (15% of total marks).
Expected Cut Off
Category based cut off marks to get qualified in the written exam is listed below.
HP PAT 2019 Counselling
Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board conducts the counselling for the qualified candidates in the exam based on their merit score. The merit will be determined based on marks scored in HP PAT 2019 entrance exam.
The steps involved in HP PAT 2019 counselling process are explained in detail below:
- The list of shortlisted candidates for counselling process will be declared on the official website of the exam conducting board.
- HP PAT 2019 counselling process will start from the last week of June 2019.
- After declaration of result, Central Admission Selection Committee will be conducting the online counselling for admissions in Polytechnic courses.
- Candidates must submit all the mandatory documents and verification of the mandatory documents will be taking place in this round of counselling.
- Allocation of seats to candidates will based on purely merit basis and the availability of seats at the time of the counselling process.
- Candidates meeting all the specified requirements during the counselling process will be given admission in the Polytechnic courses.
Below are the mandatory documents required at the time of counselling for candidates.
- HP PAT 2019 Admit Card
- Date of Birth certificate of candidate
- Bonafide certificate or Domicile of HP
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Caste Category certificate
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card
- Medical Fitness certificate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College