HP PAT exam will be conducted in an offline way. Total 150 questions were asked in the exam. The question paper encompassed of Multiple Choice Questions. The length of the exam was 3 hours. The question paper will be adorned with two basic languages i.e. English and Hindi language. Four marks were given for the right answer. One mark was subtracted out of total marks for the wrong answer.
- HP PAT Physics syllabus includes subjects like Effects of current and Magnets, Natural Phenomena, and Refraction and low refraction.
- Syllabus for Mathematics includes Real Number, Algebra, Trigonometry, and Effects of current and Magnets
- Candidates should have secured at least 35% marks in class 10th from a recognised Board or University. Candidates should be a bonafide resident of Himachal Pradesh in order to be considered under reservation criteria.
- The chemical substance with nature and behavior, Acid, bases and salts, Chemical reactions, and Types of chemical and their reactions are some of the topics for Chemistry.
- Some of topics for HP PAT syllabus for English are cloze, gap-filling, sentence-completion, sentence-reordering, dialogue-completion, and sentence transformation.
HP PAT 2021 Exam Highlights
The exam highlights table for HP PAT 2021 entrance examination is given below.
|Conducting Body||Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board|
|Mode of HP PAT 2021 exam||Offline exam|
|Medium of HP PAT 2021 exam||English and Hindi|
|Duration of HP PAT 2021 exam||3 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type and a total of 150 questions|
HP PAT 2021 Exam Dates
Below tables shows the dates for HP PAT 2021 Exam dates
Availability of application form and filling & submission of institute choices
September 23, 2021
Last date to submit application
October 6, 2021
Verification of Sports Certificate of the candidates seeking admission under Sports Category
October 8, 2021 at 10 am Govt Polytechnic Sundernagar
HP PAT 2021
Seat Allotment of first round of online counselling
October 13, 2021
Reporting of candidates with original certificates in respective Polytechnics
on or before October 21, 2021
|Vacancy list updation by Principals||October 22, 2021|
|Display of vacant seats after 1st round counselling||October 22, 2021|
|Submission of new application/revision of institute choices on the basis of vacant seats (if desired by candidates)||October 23 to 26, 2021|
|Seat Allotment of second round of online counselling||October 29, 2021|
Reporting of candidates with original certificates in respective Polytechnics
|on or before November 3, 2021|
|Display of vacant seats after second round counselling||November 4, 2021|
|Admission against vacant seats at institute level||November 8, 2021|
HP PAT 2021 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for HP PAT 2021 exam has been listed below:
- Candidates applying for HP PAT 2021 exam must belong to Himachal Pradesh state.
- Applicants must have passed their Class 10 or equivalent exam conducted by Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE).
- Candidates who appeared for the qualifying exam and awaiting results can also apply.
- It is important to secure at least 35% of aggregate marks in the qualifying Class X exam.
- Candidates have to pass in the mandatory subjects which include Mathematics, Science and English.
HP PAT 2021 Application Form
HP PAT 2021 Application Form details like date of availability, fee structure based on caste category of the candidate and the mode of application fee payment are explained below:
How to fill HP PAT 2021 Application Form
Below given steps are to be followed to fill the online application form successfully.
Step 1: New User Registration
- Visit the official website of Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board - hptechboard.com
- Go to the Online Admission 2021 link.
- Click on Polytechnic Admission (PAT-2021) link.
- Now new browser tab will open. Click on the Polytechnic-PAT 2021 link.
- Click on the New User Registration link available under Online Services.
- Enter the required registration details and click on submit button.
Step 2: Login and fill Application Form
- Enter the login credentials provided at the time of registration and login.
- Click on the Apply Online link.
- Fill all requested details in PAT – 2021 application form like personal details, educational details.
- Upload the scanned image of photograph and signature based on the given specifications.
Step 3: Application fee payment
- Application fee payment can be done through online modes like internet banking, credit card, debit card or through offline bank challan payment method.
- After fee payment, save the application form and fee receipt for future references.
HP PAT 2021 Admit Card
The details regarding HP PAT 2021 admit card is listed below:
- Admit card will not be sent by post to candidates and must be downloaded from the official website of the exam conducting authority.
- HP PAT 2021 Admit Card will be available for download from the third week of May 2021.
- Admit card is mandatory for permitting candidates into the examination hall.
- Admit card will contain the basic information such as name of candidate, roll number, photograph, signature, address of candidate, venue of the test center, test schedule and the instructions to be followed by the candidate.
The steps to download HP PAT 2021 admit card.
- Candidates are requested to visit the official website - hptechboard.com.
- Find and click on HP PAT 2021 admit card download link.
- Enter the register number and submit.
- Download and save the admit card for future references.
Details mentioned on HP PAT Admit Card 2021
Candidate’s roll number
Candidate’s address of correspondence
Date & Time of exam
Address of the exam centre
Set of Instructions
HP PAT 2021 Exam Center
Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board conducts HP PAT 2021 exam in 29 centers all over state of Himachal Pradesh. The examination center once allotted to the candidate will not be considered for change at any stage. Therefore, candidates must carefully select the exam center at the time of application.
HP PAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The basic details regarding HP PAT 2021 exam pattern are listed below.
- All the questions in HP PAT 2021 exam will be of the multiple-choice type with 4 answer options for a single question.
- The duration for HP PAT 2021 exam is 3 hours with a total of 150 MCQ type questions.
- There is a provision for negative marking in this exam.
- For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- For each incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted.
Exam Pattern Highlights
Below table shows the important information regarding HP PAT 2021 Exam Pattern.
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Sections in Paper||4|
HP PAT 2021 Syllabus
Information regarding HP PAT 2021 exam syllabus is given below,
- HP PAT 2021 syllabus will be based on the Matriculation (Class X) academic syllabus which includes the 4 major subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Syllabus will be totally based on the latest updated syllabus prescribed by Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education.
Syllabus for HP PAT 2021 exam based on weightage for each subject is given below in the table.
|S. No.||Subject||No. of questions||No. of marks|
Books that can be taken as a reference for preparing for HP PAT 2021 exam are listed in the table.
|S.No.||Name of the Book||Publisher or Author|
|1||Himachal Pradesh PAT Polytechnic Pravesh Pariksha||Arihant Experts|
|2||Himachal Pradesh PAT Polytechnic Pravesh Pariksha (Old Edition) (Hindi)||Arihant Experts|
HP PAT 2021 Result
The important information regarding HP PAT 2021 Result is given below:
- HP PAT 2021 Result will be declared in the month of June 2021.
- Merit list will be prepared by Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board based on the marks secured in HP PAT 2021.
- Result is available to download from the official website of the conducting board - hptechboard.com.
- Result card of candidates will not be sent through the post.
The information regarding HP PAT 2021 Merit Score, Tie-breaking method and Answer Key are given below:
- If two or more candidates secure the same mark score in the entrance exam, then-candidate senior by age will be given the higher merit score in HP PAT 2021 counselling process.
- Authorities will be releasing the answer key for HP PAT 2021 exam online.
- Answer keys will be released within 2 weeks of the completion of the exam, which can be downloaded from the official website.
- Any objections in the answer key provided can be reported to the board immediately.
HP PAT 2021 Cut Off
Selection cut off marks for HP PAT 2021 polytechnic entrance exam depends on the total number of candidates appeared for HP PAT 2021 exam, the difficulty level of question paper, etc. However, there is a minimum cut off score for the written exam based on the caste category of candidates, in order to qualify them in the written exam. Candidates failing to meet the below minimum cut off mark in their written exam are not eligible to attend the counselling process.
- To attend HP PAT 2021 Counselling, qualifying marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category is 60 marks (10% of total marks).
- For candidates belonging to the General category, the qualifying mark is 90 marks (15% of total marks).
Expected Cut Off
Category based cut off marks to get qualified in the written exam are listed below.
HP PAT 2021 Counselling
Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board conducts the counselling for the qualified candidates in the exam based on their merit score. The merit will be determined based on marks scored in HP PAT 2021 entrance exam. The steps involved in HP PAT 2021 counseling process are explained in detail below:
- The list of shortlisted candidates for the counselling process has been declared on the official website of the exam conducting board.
- HP PAT 2021 counselling process will commence from June 1, 2021
- Candidates must submit all the mandatory documents and verification of the mandatory documents will be taking place in this round of counselling.
- Allocation of seats to candidates is based on purely merit basis and the availability of seats at the time of the counselling process.
- Candidates meeting all the specified requirements during the counselling process are given admission in the Polytechnic courses.
Below are the mandatory documents required at the time of counselling for candidates.
- HP PAT 2021 Admit Card
- Date of Birth certificate of the candidate
- Bonafide certificate or Domicile of HP
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Caste Category certificate
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card
- Medical Fitness certificate
HP PAT 2021 Reservation
It is a common admission test. Reservation/weightage of any kind is provided as per Govt. policy by the Admission Selection Committee. The category & sub-category as filled in the online form by the candidate shall be final and may not be changed in general; hence the decision of the Admission selection committee will be final.
A candidate seeking admission in two or more different subcategories of the main category shall be required to fill one application form and shall mark his options as per the instructions are given for filling up the online application form. If the candidate has not mentioned any category/sub-category in his application form, his candidature shall be considered against General category only.
HP PAT 2021 Preparation Tips
Given below are some of the preparation tips for HP PAT 2021
Practice Mock Tests
It will be also useful to attempt online or offline mock tests to make the preparation better. Attempting mock tests will help the candidates to improve their accuracy and question solving speed. It will also help the candidate to aware of various types of questions that will be going to ask in the examination.
Previous Year Papers
Candidates must practice the previous year's question papers. It will give you the idea of questions which are asking from many years. It will also aware the candidates regarding difficulty level of the examination.
Also, take some sample papers for improving the speed and the knowledge. These papers will also give an idea of types of questions coming in the entrance test which are based on the previous year’s trends.
Follow Good Study Material
Candidates must study for the entrance test from good study material. Buy good author’s book and study. Candidates should prepare from the study material which is recommended mostly by the professional teachers and qualifying candidates.
Preparing the notes is an important and a good strategy to score well in the exam. It is a crucial part of a preparation. Note down the important points at one place so, it will help you to go through these notes at the time of revision. Makes notes on a daily basis along while studying.
Candidates should manage their time in such a way that each and every topic covered during the examination preparation time. Give maximum time to the important topics of each subject.
Candidates must prepare a smart and effective strategy for the examination. The strategy should be prepared in such a way that it will take a minimum time to solve any trickiest question.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.