HP PAT exam will be conducted in an offline way. Total 150 questions were asked in the exam. The question paper encompassed of Multiple Choice Questions. The length of the exam was 3 hours. The question paper will be adorned with two basic languages i.e. English and Hindi language. Four marks were given for the right answer. One mark was subtracted out of total marks for the wrong answer.
- HP PAT Physics syllabus includes subjects like Effects of current and Magnets, Natural Phenomena, and Refraction and low refraction.
- Syllabus for Mathematics includes Real Number, Algebra, Trigonometry, and Effects of current and Magnets
- Candidates should have secured at least 35% marks in class 10th from a recognized Board or University. Candidates should be a bonafide resident of Himachal Pradesh in order to be considered under reservation criteria.
- The chemical substance with nature and behavior, Acid, bases and salts, Chemical reactions, and Types of chemical and their reactions are some of the topics for Chemistry.
- Some of topics for HP PAT syllabus for English are cloze, gap-filling, sentence completion, sentence-reordering, dialogue completion, and sentence transformation.
Table Of Contents
Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test 2021 (HP PAT) Syllabus will be decided by the Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board(HPTSB), Dharamshala. The syllabus will be released in the online mode. Candidates were advised to check the syllabus first before they start preparing for the exam. HP PAT 2021 Syllabus will be published separately as per the subject wise i.e for the Mathematics, English, Physics, and Chemistry. Candidates were advised to go through with the syllabus that will help them to decide the preparation tips in order to get a better score in the exam. Read this complete article to get more information about HP PAT 2021 Syllabus.
HP PAT 2021 exam duration will be of 3 hours. The medium of the question paper will be both English and Hindi. For every correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 4 marks. Negative marking will be also applicable in the exam. The exam will be based on the syllabus covered in class 10.
HP CET 2021 Exam Pattern Highlights
Candidates can check major highlights of HP PAT 2021 Exam Pattern from the below mentioned table:
|Exam Name||HP PAT|
|Conducting Authority||Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board|
|Exam Date||May 26, 2021 (tentative)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Total Number of Questions||150|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for a correct answer and -1 for a wrong attempt|
HP PAT 2021 Exam Pattern
There are 4 sections in the HP PAT question paper. Candidates are given 180 minutes to complete the exam. 50 questions are asked from the Maths and Physics section while 30 and 20 questions are asked from Chemistry and English section respectively.
The table below depicts the marking scheme followed in HP PAT 2021 Exam Pattern:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Maths||50 questions||200 marks|
|Physics||50 questions||200 marks|
|Chemistry||25 questions||100 marks|
|English||25 questions||100 marks|
|Total||150 questions||600 marks|
HP PAT 2021 Syllabus
HP PAT Syllabus is framed in class 10 Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English. English is common and includes topics related to English Grammar till class 10. It also includes questions on reading comprehension, unseen passage, etc.
- Present perfect vs Simple Past
- Active and Passive
- Avoiding Repetition
- Countable and uncountable
- Comparisons, Conditionals, Connectors
- Modals-Expressing Attitude
- Reported Speech
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Defecting and Correcting Errors
- Dialogue Completion
- Fill in the blanks with suitable words
- Re-arranging jumble words or phrases
- Future time references
- Present Continuous tense
- Present Perfect Tense
- Simple past vs Past Perfect.
In the physics section, questions are framed from class 10 NCERT or equivalent board. Mentioned below is the list of important topics from where questions are asked:
- light– Reflection and Refraction
- Human Eye, Electricity
- Magnetic effect of Electric current and
- Source Of Energy and Environment.
From the Chemistry subject, 25 questions are asked in the exam having weightage of 50 marks each.
- Structure of Atom
- Metal and Non-metal
- Chemical Reaction and Equations
- Acid Bases and Salts
- Carbon and Its compounds
- Periodic Classification of Elements.
50 questions are asked from the Mathematics subject. Candidates can prepare for the following topics. They can also take the help of reference books such as R.D. for the preparation of such topics.
- Pair of Linear Equation in two variables
- Real Number
- Quadratic Equation
- Arithmetic Progression
- Co-Ordinate Geometry
- Area related to circles
- Surface Areas and Volumes
Recommended Books for HP PAT 2021
The question paper will be framed in class 10 syllabus. More weightage is given to mathematics and physics section with 50 questions each. Candidates are advised to focus on Board curriculum first before switching to other reference books. To clear any exam it is really important to be thorough with the basic concepts. They can also take help of following reference books before preparation.
|Book Name||Author Name|
|All India Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test Exam (HP PAT) Books 2017||Arihant Experts|
|Himachal Pradesh: Samanya Gyaan Kosh (General Knowledge) (H.P. G.K.)||RPH Editorial Board|
|Himachal Pradesh General Knowledge||Syed and RPH Editorial Board|
HP PAT 2021 Preparation Tips
Some preparation for candidates that will help them to score better marks in HP PAT 2021 are mentioned below.
- Candidate must focus on the exam and must try to prepare the whole syllabus as per the topic wise. They must not go through the syllabus that is not related to the exam.
- They must make a proper schedule for preparing the exam and must try their best to follow the schedule.
- Candidates can also practise some previous year question papers of the examination.
- Try to make short notes during the exam for the preparations and must revise them on a daily basis.
- Do meditation, yoga and physical exercises as it will help the candidates to concentrate in their studies.
Guidelines for HP PAT 2021
Candidates should abide by the following guidelines while appearing for HP PAT 2021:
- Candidates must reach the exam centers 30 minutes before the stipulated time
- The test will be held on the same day and same time slot as written on the admit card
- Candidates must carry their admit card along with an Id proof to the examination hall
- You have to bring your own ballpoint pen, Board will not supply you any stationary
- Use of Calculator and electronic devices is prohibited
- You will be allowed to open the seal of the paper 5 minutes before starting the exam.
- You have to write your particulars with black/blue ball point pen on both sides of the answer sheet.
- The test will be of 3 hours duration and will contain 4 sections Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and English of class 10
- A signal will be given to you when your exam will begin, when the half time will be over and when the exam will be just about to get over
- Check the test booklet thoroughly such as a number of pages it contains as indicated on the top of the answer sheet, Verify your serial number with a serial number on your answer sheet. In case of any variation contact your invigilator.
- You have to sign your attendance sheet twice, first immediately when the exam will begin and secondly when you will hand over your answer sheet to the invigilator.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.