HPCET 2021 Application Form will be available from June 22, 2021 (tentatively). Last date to apply for HPCET 2021 is September 15, 2021 (tentatively). Candidates must note that this year Himachal Pradesh Technical University will not conduct HPCET 2021, Instead, marks obtained by candidates in 10+2 will be considered for admissions. All the eligible students can submit the application form in online mode only. Check HPCET 2021 Eligibility
- Around 18 HPCET participating institute will offer admissions to as many as 10 B.Tech streams through 10+2 marks and JEE Main 2021.
- Apart from B.Tech, there are many other programs that are offered through the exam.
- Students who have cleared 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with at least 45% cumulative marks for general category candidates and at least 40% marks for reserved category candidates are eligible to apply for the examination.
- The application fee is INR 1250 for general candidates and INR 1100 for SC, ST and BPL candidate.
- The entrance test will be held in the following cities: Bilaspur, Nalagarh, Gangtok, Mandi, Chamba, Kullu, Dharamshala, Una, Nurpur, Hamirpur, Paonta Sahib, Nahan, Chandigarh, Shimla, Solan, Palampur
HPCET is organized to offer admission in engineering courses, B.Pharma, B.Pharma (Ayurveda), M.Tech, M.Pharma, MBA, MCA. It is a state-level entrance exam and the conducting body is Himachal Pradesh Technical University.
HPCET 2021 Application Form Dates
Dates related to HPCET 2021 Application Form that every candidate need to remember are as follows:
|Application form 2021 will be available from||June 22, 2021|
|Last date to fill the application form and pay the fee||August 25, 2021 (For M.Tech) |
September 15, 2021 (For B.Tech and B. Arch)
HPCET 2021 Eligibility
The common eligibility criteria for all courses under HPCET 2021 are:
- Applicant must be a citizen of India
- Candidates should have cleared the secondary and senior secondary level of the exam with Physics, Maths as compulsory subjects along with one vocational subject namely Chemistry, biology, biotechnology or any technical vocational subjects.
- Applicants who have cleared 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with at least 45% cumulative marks for general category candidates and at least 40% marks for reserved category candidates are eligible to apply for the examination
- Candidates appearing for final exams and awaiting final result are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- The applicant should fulfil the minimum age criteria set by the exam conducting body.
- Applicants who have finished 12 years of official schooling in order are eligible to apply for the program.
How to Fill HPCET 2021 Application Form?
Students are instructed to read information brochure entirely and carefully before filling HPCET 2021 application form. The form can only be filled out in the online mode and the payment also needs to online or through challan. Eligible students can apply from March 2021 to April 2021 (tentatively). Incomplete application forms will not be accepted. The hard copy of the form is to be sent to the university along with required documents
The steps to fill HPCET 2021 Application Form:
- Profile Management
- Firstly, visit the official website http://www.himtu.ac.in/
- Register by clicking on “New Registration”. Select the program/programs that you want to apply for. Provide your email address and mobile number and date of birth. Set your profile password and click on “Submit”.
- Form Filling
Enter your personal details such as name, date of birth, gender, category and address, alternate contact details, father’s name, mother’s name, Aadhar card number. Provide correct details relating to your educational qualification. The details once entered cannot be edited later on, so fill the details carefully. You also need to fill three selections for examination centres.
- Upload of documents
Upload your photograph and signature as part of the application form. A recent photograph is to be uploaded. The size of the photograph should be minimum 35×45 mm. The photograph should have at least 75% coverage of face & head of the candidate. Photograph should be taken in a white/very light coloured background. Size of the scanned photograph less than 50kb and of the scanned signature should be less than 30 KB.
- Application Fee Payment
Aspirants can deposit the fee through online mode (payment gateways like net banking, debit card, credit card) or bank challans. The application fee is INR 1250 for general candidates and INR 1100 for SC, ST and BPL candidate.
Use the registration number and date of birth to log in. The payment can be done by online payment gateways or through challan.
HPCET 2021 Application Fee Payment through PNB Challan:
- Click on the offline link to produce PNB Challan.
- After clicking, bank challan in triplicate - bank copy, candidate copy and university copy will be generated.
- Take a printout of the challan and deposit it at the closest PNB branch along with the set application fee in cash.
- Candidates have to login into their account after 24 hours of the challan submission and enter transaction details in the payment page provided by the bank on the tab of Bank Challan on fee payment.
- Tap on “Save Payment Details”.
- Now, the applicant will be redirected to the “Confirmation Page”
- Submission of Application Form
Verify all the information entered by you is correct. You can edit the application form till this point. After confirming that all fields are correct, click on “Final Submit” button.
6. Sending the Application Form
Send your application form and necessary documents Speed Post/Registered post. Get it signed by your parents/ guardians. Post before the set date to the address below:
H.P. Technical University, Gandhi Chowk,
Hamirpur 177001 (H.P.).
Details in Application Form
The following details will have to be kept ready while filling HPCET 2021 Application Form:
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Name||Enter full name|
|Gender||Choose gender among Male, Female or Transgender|
|Category||Choose your category (general, SC, ST or OBC)|
|Father’s name||Enter full name|
|Mother’s name||Enter full name|
|Date of birth||Enter Date of birth correctly|
|Email id||Enter a valid email id. All further communication will be done through this.|
|Academic Details||Enter your qualification starting from the most recently acquired degree|
|Correspondence Details||Fill your complete address|
|ID proof details||Fill your Aadhar card details|
|contact telephone numbers||Fill in 10 digits of a valid phone number.|
|Photograph||Minimum size should be 35×45 mm.|
|Signature||Minimum size should be 35×45 mm.|
|Aadhar card number||Enter your Aadhar card number correctly|
|Bonafide/Domicile of Himachal||Yes or No|
|Sub-Category||Select the appropriate from the list: IRDP/BPL/Antodaya/Orphan, Physically Challenged, Sports & Freedom Fighter|
Branches offered by Institutes
|1.||Computer Science & Engineering|
|2.||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|3.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
Ques. Can the details enter by me in the application form be edited/ changed later?
Ans. No, the details once confirmed cannot be changed.
Ques. Is the application fee refundable?
Ans. No, the application fee is non-refundable.
Ques. Is the application form available to fill in the offline mode?
Ans. No, only the online application filling process is valid.
Ques. Where do I have to send the confirmation page for the application form?
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.