IICD Entrance Exam 2019 Eligibility, Application form, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
IICD Entrance Exam is meant for admitting candidates into B. Des and M. Des programs offered by Indian Institute of Crafts and Design. IICD Entrance Exam is conducted for 120 seats for B. Des program and 75 seats for M. Des program. IICD Entrance Exam 2019 is tentatively scheduled for April 15, 2019 in offline mode. Minimum eligibility for B. Des program is 10+2 while for M. Des program the minimum eligibility is a graduate degree in relevant discipline.
|IICD Entrance Exam Eligibility||IICD Entrance Exam Admit Card||IICD Entrance Exam Exam Pattern|
- The exam will be conducted in 2 Part i.e. Part A – General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test and Part B – 1. Material, Color & Conceptual Test, 2. Personal Interview.
- IICD 2019 Application form will begin from March 14, 2019 in online mode.
- The exam will be conducted at 11 locations (Jammu, Delhi, Jaipur, Udaipur, Lucknow, Patna, Bhopal, Kolkata, Raipur, Hyderabad, Mumbai).
- The exam comprises 32 subjective type question.
- The syllabus for IICD Entrance Exam 2019 is based on the 10+2 level.
- The list of successful candidates for IICD Entrance Exam 2019 will be released in the final week of April.
Apart from the list of successful candidates, IICD will also publish list two separate waiting list for admission to B. Des and M. Des program. The seat allocation for waitlisted candidates will only start if the seats remain vacant after allocation to shortlisted candidates.
Courses Offered by IICD
IICD will conduct the entrance examination for admission B. Des and M. Des program. Candidates can check below the tentative seat matrix for UG and PG programs offered by the institute in 2019-19 session.
- B. Des Program Specialisations are:
- Soft Material Application: 25 Seats
- Hard Material Application: 25 Seats
- Fired Material Application: 25 Seats
- Fashion Design: 25 Seats
Duration: 4 years (8 semesters)
- M. Des Program Specialisation are:
- Soft Material Specialisation: 20 Seats
- Hard Material Specialisation: 20 Seats
- Fired Material Specialisation: 20 Seats
Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
Note: IICD reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of seats in each specialisation of UG & PG Professional Diploma Programmes.
IICD Entrance Exam 2019 Highlights
|Name of the exam||IICD Entrance Exam 2019|
|Mode of the exam||Written exam|
|Number of Papers||2|
(Part A – General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test,
Part B – 1. Material, Color & Conceptual Test, 2. Personal Interview.)
|Number of Sections||1|
|Type of Questions||Subjective answer type questions|
|Number of Questions||32|
|Duration of the exam||Approximately 6 Hours (2 Hours each paper)|
|Language of the exam||English|
IICD Entrance Exam 2019 Dates
The institute releases list of both shortlisted candidates as well as waitlisted candidates. Candidates can check the tentative schedule for IICD Entrance Exam 2019.
|Name of Event||Date (Tentative)|
|IICD Entrance Exam application form filling starts||March 14, 2019|
|Last date for submission of the form||April 06, 2019|
|Release of Admit card/hall ticket||April 10, 2019|
|Date of the examination (Part A)||April 15, 2019|
|Declaration of Results (Part A)||April 23, 2019|
|Date of the examination (Part B)||June 04 to 07, 2019|
|Declaration of Result Entrance Test (Part B)||June 11, 2019|
Eligibility for IICD Entrance Exam 2019
Eligibility Criteria is the set of rules and clauses which are set by the exam conducting authority. These rules are prescribed as per the requirement of the entrance examination. Candidates can apply for the examination only after satiating these eligibility standards.
The eligibility criterion for admission into Indian Institute of Crafts and Design through IICD Entrance Exam 2019 is given below:
For B. Des in Crafts and Design Program
- Candidates should have cleared higher secondary exam (10+2) from a recognized board of education.
- Students appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the test.
For M. Des in Crafts and Design Program
- Candidates should have a recognized Degree or Diploma in Architecture/Design, Fashion, Fine Art, and Home Science in Textiles & Clothing; Or
- Candidate should be a Artisan’s child/ward 5 years direct work experience in hereditary traditional crafts after successful passing of Senior Higher Secondary Board Exam; Or
- Graduates in any discipline with an aptitude towards crafts, fashion or design.
- Those appearing for their qualifying exam can also apply; the admission will be provisional and subject to obtaining the defined eligibility latest by 31st October 2019.
For Foreign Nationals and NRI Candidates:
- International Candidates/NRI candidates seeking admission to Indian Institute of Crafts and Design must have the required educational qualifications/certificates similar or corresponding to that is needed for Indian candidates.
- Admission of Foreign Nationals/NRI candidates in various UG/PG/Certificate programmes of IICD is based on certain guidelines.
IICD Entrance Exam 2019 Application Form
Candidates can apply for IICD Entrance Exam 2019 in online mode only. The thorough step by step procedure for applying for IICD Entrance Exam 2019 is written below:
- Visit to the official IICD website.
- The official website for IICD examination maintained by Indian Institute of Crafts and Design is www.iicd.ac.in
- Click on the ‘Admissions’ tab.
- Choose ‘Admissions 2019-19’ from the drop down menu.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Click on ‘Register’ button in the upper part of the homepage.
- Enter your name, Date of birth and other specifics asked by the page.
- After filling the appropriate information, click on ‘Register’.
- An ID and Password are sent to your mailbox, obtain them from there.
- Next, proceed to filing the rest of application form.
Filling the application form
- Log in using the ID and Password produced in the registering process.
- Once signed in, you have to fill other individual facts like Guardian’s name, Mother’s name, Gender etc.
- Fill your educational qualification details, about the senior secondary examination primarily.
- Enter your permanent address and other contact info which will be used for communication purposes.
- Verify the information mentioned on the form.
Uploading the documents
- After you have filled all the details requested in the earlier steps, you have to upload the essential documents.
- Upload your fresh colored passport size photograph and signature.
- Scanned images should be in the format recommended on the IICD website.
- Click on ‘Save and Continue’ to save your application form and move to the subsequent step.
- Candidates can edit their form at this time if needed. Once the fee is paid, no correction is permissible in the application form.
Payment of fees
- Fee for IICD Entrance Exam 2019 is INR 1500 to be paid by candidates.
- IICD Entrance Exam 2019 application fee can be paid through online mode or offline mode.
- Fee ca be remitted using Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking. Bank charges may be applicable.
IICD Entrance Exam 2019 Admit Card
Candidates are advised to download their admit cards from the official website of IICD 2019. They have to enter the ID and password to get the admit card. IICD Entrance Exam admit card is available to download a week before the exam. It is expected to be published in the April 10, 2019.
Steps to download IICD Entrance Exam 2019 admit card:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on ‘Admissions’. A new page will open.
- Click on the ‘Log In’ link.
- Enter your ID and Password.
- Your Admit card will be produced and displayed on your computer screen.
- Save it on your system.
- Take its print out on an A4 size sheet. Several copies can be saved for future reference.
Note: Candidates need to take the print out with them along with a valid id proof on the day of the examination to get entry into the centre.
IICD Entrance Exam 2019 Centers
IICD Entrance Exam is a national level entrance test. It is conducted at several cities across the country. IICD Entrance Exam 2019 is scheduled to be conducted at eight cities across India. The tentative list of centers is tabulated below for reference:
Candidates can provide preference for a maximum of 3 cities while filling the application form.
- Candidates have to choose their preference for exam center before submitting the form.
- No change in the exam city is possible after submitting the application form.
- In the case of inadequate candidates at a center, IICD can cancel the venue of exam center and candidates will be required to take the exam at nearest center. This decision of IICD in this regard would be considered final.
IICD Entrance Exam Pattern 2019
IICD Entrance Exam 2019 will be conducted in Offline mode only. All the questions in the test are subjective in nature. No special type of questions is there.
- There will be two separate tests namely General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test and Material, Color & Conceptual Test
- There are 32 questions in total in the test.
- The medium of the IICD paper is English.
- The total marks allocated for the exam is 100.
- There is no negative marking in IICD Entrance Exam.
- There will no special category of questions.
- Candidates can check the important highlights of pattern in table below:
IICD Entrance Exam Pattern 2019 Highlights
|Mode of the exam||Offline (Pen and Paper Based Test)|
|Number of Papers||2 + Personal Interview|
|Number of Sections||1|
|Type of Questions||Answer type (subjective type)|
|Number of Questions||32|
|Duration of the exam||6 hours (2 hours each paper)|
Candidates can check weightage and time duration assigned to each paper in the table below:
|IICD Entrance Exam Paper||Duration||Weightage|
|General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test||2 Hours (9:30 AM - 11:30 AM)||35%|
|Material, Color & Conceptual Test||2 Hours (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM)||45%|
|Personal Interview Round||3:00 PM onwards||20%|
Syllabus for IICD Entrance Exam 2019
The syllabus for IICD Entrance Exam 2019 is based on the 10+2 level. The first paper is based on General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test will consist of:
- Estimation of sizes and proportion
- Visual interpretation
- General awareness
- Observation skills
IICD Material, Color & Conceptual Test is the second written paper in IICD Entrance Exam 2019. The test will assess the following abilities of candidates:
- Intelligent use of materials, conceptualization and realization of a three-dimensional form.
- Observation skills, thinking and expanding of ideas, and creating solution based on a plan and strategy.
- Providing multiple solutions to the given problem with written description.
The third and final round is IICD Personal Interview Round. Questions in the interview round will judge the candidates’ following skills:
- Aptitude to crafts
- Intelligence quotient (IQ)
- Communication skills
- General awareness about crafts and design
- Personal achievements in academics and extracurricular activities
IICD Entrance Exam 2019 Result
IICD Entrance Exam 2019 Result scheduled to be announced in the final week of April. The result is announced in the form of merit list of successful candidates.
- The results are published on the official website of IICD.
- Candidates can check their result by signing into the website using their ID and password.
- A list of qualified students is released on the website. Also a waitlist is there, people in the waitlist may get admitted in case of empty seats.
- The list is made on the basis of the scores obtained by the candidates.
- Candidates are called for counselling once their name appears in the list prepared by IICD.
- They have to ensure their admission by paying the admission fee.
Cut off for IICD Entrance Exam 2019
There is no official cut off announced by IICD for the entrance exam. A list is prepared on basis of marks obtained by candidates. They are allotted the programme according to their number on the merit list. A list of qualifying candidates is published on the website.
IICD 2019 Counselling
There no official counselling process for admission to B. Des and M. Des program. IICD 2019 seat allocation will be done from Mid-June, 2019 to June End, 2019 based on the merit lists and waiting lists prepared by the institute.
The seats are allocated on the basis of combined performance of candidates in the two written tests and personal interview according to the weightage assigned by the admission authorities.
Candidates are required to pay the required admission fee to confirm their allotted seats. The seat once allotted will not be changed or altered under any circumstances.
The tentative counselling schedule is mentioned for academic session 2019-19:
|Name of the Event||Date (Tentative)|
|IICD Entrance 2019 Exam||May 2019|
|List of Applicants selected for admission counselling||First Week of June 2019|
|Counselling & Payment of Admission fees||Mid-June 2019|
|Classes commencement||July 2019|
- After the first round, if there are any vacant seats, further rounds are held.
- All the candidates are required to be present in-person for seat allotment.
- Candidates are advised to check the website for updates on seat vacancy and confirmation of seat allotment.
- There is also a list of students who may get admission if some candidates withdraw. Their names are mentioned in the two waiting lists published by the website.
This methodology is adopted for all the rounds. The seat alotment extends till all the seats are filled.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College