JIPMER PG has been replaced by INI CET 2021. The exam will be conducted twice a year in once in the month of January and then again in July. The authority has announced the INI CET 2021 July session exam date i.e. July 22, 2021. Candidates seeking admission in MSc/ MPH/ PBD/ PGD/ PGF courses offered at the institute can take INI CET 2021.
JIPMER PG is a national-level exam conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Post Graduate, Puducherry. JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Pattern comprises a 1.5-hour long computer-based test having 100 MCQs of 4 marks each with a negative marking of 1 mark for incorrect answers. There is no specified syllabus for JIPMER PG however, candidates can study the important topics as stated in the official brochure. Check JIPMER PG 2021 Syllabus
JIPMER PG Latest Updates:
- June 19: AIIMS has announced INI CET 2021 Common Entrance exam to be held on 22 July.
- June 7: Doctors have petitioned India’s Supreme Court to postpone the exam dates scheduled for June 16.
- May 21: JIPMER PG 2021 notification out for August admission to MSc/MPH/PBD/PGD/PGF courses. Download Prospectus
- Sept 30: INI CET to replace JIPMER PG for admission to MD/ MS courses. Check Details
Highlights of JIPMER PG 2021
|Conducting body||INI CET|
|Mode of JIPMER PG 2021||Online (computer-based test)|
|Duration of JIPMER PG 2021||1.5 hours (90 minutes)|
|Number of shifts||1 (one shift)|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||100 MCQ Questions|
|Language of Paper||English|
|Minimum cut off/ Percentile marks||55 %|
JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Dates
|Change of Exam Center||June 20 to 24, 2021|
|JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Date||July 22, 2021|
|JIPMER PG 2021 Result||To be announced|
JIPMER PG 2021 Eligibility
The eligibility criterion for JIPMER PG 2021 is as set up by the institute. Participants must ensure that they fulfill the JIPMER PG Eligibility requirements before applying for the entrance exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
- Indian nationals: Aspirant must be a citizen of India.
- Overseas Citizens of India: Individuals residing overseas must be registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955. They will be required to upload their OCI card at the time of application process.
- Non-Resident Indians: They will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for PG courses in JIPMER.
- Students must possess MBBS or an equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- They should have secured at least 55% marks (50% for reserved category) in the final examination.
- They must complete their compulsory rotating internship/ practical training for the required period of 12 months before the commencement of the counseling process.
- Aspirants who have done their MD or MS from any other institute and in any other subject cannot apply for JIPMER PG exam.
JIPMER PG 2021Application Form
JIPMER PG 2021 Application Form have been released on May 21, 2021 for MSc/MPH/PBD/PGD/PGF courses. Individuals are required to fill up general details like personal information and educational qualifications. The application forms can be filled via online mode only on the official website www.jipmer.edu.in. The registration and application process consists of 3 steps which are given below:
- Registration by providing basic details to create a candidate’s login account.
- Fill JIPMER PG 2021 Application form and upload required documents.
- The final step is the payment of application fee before submitting the online application form.
How to fill JIPMER PG Application Form?
Aspirants can apply by following the simple steps given below:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of JIPMER and click on ‘Apply Online for DM/ MCH’. The registration form will appear.
- Enter personal details like name and date of birth and contact details- mobile number and email ID. Click on ‘Register’ after carefully filling up this page.
- Students will receive an email having their User ID and Password on their registered email ID. Login using these credentials and edit these details if you want to.
Step 2: Fill JIPMER PG Application form
- Once logged in, the application form will appear.
- Aspirants will have to enter personal and qualification details. They must choose their preferred exam city and upload scanned images of their recent photograph and signature.
- Click on ‘Preview’ to view the form and make any changes if necessary.
- After checking the details, click on ‘Submit’ after which no modifications can be made to the form.
Step 3: Pay JIPMER PG Application Fees
- The final step is to pay the requisite application fees. Application fees can be remitted only via the online mode.
- Candidates can pay the fees using Credit/ Debit card and Net banking.
- Enter the necessary payment details on the bank page that appears and save the receipt of the online transaction as proof of payment.
- Upon successful transaction, aspirants must take a print out of the confirmation page for future correspondence.
JIPMER PG Application Fee
The application process will be considered complete only after the requisite fees have been paid by students. Candidates will be required to pay the application fees as per their category at the time of registration. Fees can be rendered through the online mode only. Aspirants can use Credit/ Debit card or Net Banking facility to pay the fees. The category wise fees are mentioned below:
|General (UR)/ OCI/ Sponsored||INR 1600|
|SC/ ST||INR 1200|
What to do if JIPMER PG 2021 application payment fails?
There is a possibility that candidates may face an issue of payment failure while filling the JIPMER PG application form. There can be two cases of payment failures:
Amount not debited from account: Candidates might receive a message from the bank that payment could not be processed. In such a case the payment must be done again till it is successful.
Amount debited but confirmation not received: There can be cases where the amount gets deducted from the candidate’s bank account but there is no confirmation of it on the form. In this case, candidates must pay the fee again and submit the form. The earlier fee that was paid will be refunded back to the candidate’s account within 30 days and a message received from the bank regarding the same. In case the refund is not initiated, candidates can send a mail to the authorities at email@example.com .
The following details are to be mentioned in the mail:
Application sequence No./User ID:
Name of the candidate:
Transaction ID No.:
Step 6: Preference of exam city
Aspirants are required to provide three preferences of JIPMER PG 2021 exam centers, in which they have to appear for the entrance test. Since the JIPMER PG exam centres for the January session have not been released, candidates can go through the list of previous year exam centers.
JIPMER PG application form 2021 - Status update of Final registration form:
AIIMS, New Delhi will update the status of final registration to inform candidates whether their final status has been accepted or rejected, along with the reasons for rejection of the final registration form of the JIPMER PG application form. Candidates will be able to check the status using the 'Registration Status Tab' that is displayed on their 'MyPage' after log in. Since the reasons for rejection will be notified, candidates will have to complete the deficiency in the application form before the given deadline.
JIPMER PG application form - Do’s and Don'ts
The following points regarding the application form JIPMER PG 2021 January session are important and candidates are required to go through them thoroughly for a clear idea about how to fill the form:
Candidates are advised to fill their application forms using Internet Explorer (version 11) or Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61) or Google Chrome (50 to 69 version)
The process of filling the JIPMER PG 2021 application form is complete only after the confirmation page gets displayed on the screen.
The fee submitted by candidates while filling the JIPMER PG application form will not be refunded under any circumstances
The data submitted once will not be changed under any situation at any time. JIPMER PG application form 2021 with false information will be rejected
Candidates need to make sure that details on their id proof and mark sheet match with the JIPMER PG 2021 application form
The name and date should not be written on the photograph after uploading it, this will lead to rejection
Black & White/Polaroid photographs will not be accepted
JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Pattern
JIPMER PG 2021 is a computer-based test (online test) and will be conducted in the English medium only. The exam will be held in a single shift. The exam paper will have objective type questions. Check Here JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Pattern.
- Duration of exam will be 1.5 hours for MSc/MPH/PBD/PGD/PGF course and the number of questions will be 100.
- JIPMER will also conduct a mock test to familiarize candidates to the exam pattern.
|Mode of exam||Computer-based Test|
|Number of questions||100|
|Type of Questions||Multiple-choice Questions|
|Duration of exam||1.5 hours (90 minutes)|
|Medium of language||English|
|Marking Scheme||Each Correct Answer: +4 marks |
Each Incoorect Answer: -1
Each Unanswerd Question: 0
JIPMER PG 2021 Syllabus
JIPMER PG 2021 Syllabus will be based on the graduate degree knowledge of the respective field. The entrance exam will consist of questions covering all the subjects taught at MBBS degree level. The important topics for the exam are-
|Basic Clinical Sciences||Clinical Sciences|
|Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Toxicology||Medicine Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio diagnosis and Radio therapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Blood Transfusion Medicine|
JIPMER PG 2021 Admit Card
JIPMER PG 2021 Admit Card will be available to candidates who have successfully registered for the exam. Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website of JIPMER, Pondicherry. The institute will not send hard copies of the hall ticket by post.
- Admit Card must be preserved carefully as it has to be produced at the time of admission and counselling, duly signed by the exam invigilator.
- Details about the individual such as his Name and Roll number, Date of birth and the test center allotted along with the address will be printed on the hall ticket.
- It is a mandatory document of the entrance test without which no student will be permitted into the exam hall.
Steps to download JIPMER PG 2021 Admit Card is given below:
- Log on to the official website of JIPMER.
- Click on the link related to ‘Download JIPMER PG 2021 Admit Card’
- Candidates will be redirected to a page wherein they will have to enter their Application number.
- Admit card will appear. Verify all the details and print out 2 coloured copies of it.
JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Center
JIPMER PG has increased the number of test cities from 10 to 12 major cities across the country. Students will be allowed to choose 3 cities for the online entrance test as their preferred exam center. They should fill up the exam center code in the application form according to their convenience. Exam city will be allotted as per candidate’s preference and on first-cum-first serve basis.
The exam authority will allot a center to the participants and the venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card. Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any situation. The list of revised test cities are given below:
|Kochi (Replaced Trivandrum)||Hyderabad (Replaced Vijaywada)|
|Jammu (New)||Indore (New)|
JIPMER PG 2021 Result
JIPMER PG 2021 Results has been released on Nov 27, 2020. The results are announced on the official JIPMER website in the form of a rank list. Only those students who have qualified the exam will be able to view their results. The results can be checked by following these few steps:
- Log on to the official JIPMER website.
- Select the link of ‘JIPMER PG 2021 Result’.
- Enter your Application Number and Date of Birth to know your result.
The institute will upload a merit list of aspirants who have appeared for the exam soon after the declaration of results. This list will be drawn based on category and minimum percentile.
JIPMER PG 2021 Cutoff
Applicants must secure a minimum score as prescribed by the institute to qualify the exam. The minimum cut off is 50th Percentile for all candidates applying for the MD and MS courses. This is only the qualifying cut off and the actual cut off will vary with the performance of students, difficulty level of exam and other factors. The category wise qualifying percentile is given below:
|Unreserved/ Institute/ OCI/ NRI/ Sponsored||50|
|OBC/SC/ST (Including OPH)||40|
JIPMER PG 2021 Counselling
Admission to all PG courses will be done based on Merit only. JIPMER PG 2021 Counselling will be conducted soon after the conclusion of the exam. The schedule for the same is provided below. Check JIPMER PG 2021 Counseling
5 steps to Apply for Counselling
- Registration: Individuals must fill a registration form wherein he will be required to enter general details about his qualifications and JIPMER PG 2021 score.
- Certificate verification (Bonafide and Original certificates): Students must submit necessary documents that will be scrutinized by the conducting body.
- Personal counseling: After completing all the above steps, the authorities will give the preference form to applicants.
- Selection of desired discipline: Candidates should carefully indicate their preferences of various streams in proper order.
The organizing body will allot seats in order of merit, as per the availability of seats, preferences exercised, and category. To confirm the designated seat, aspirants must pay the course fee of INR 15,960.
JIPMER PG 2021 FAQs
Ques. How many sessions is the JPIMER PG 2021 conducted in?
Ans. JIPMER PG 2021 is conducted twice a year. The upcoming August session is going to be conducted on July 22, 2021.
Ques. When will the online registration for JPIMER PG begin for the next session?
Ans. Registration for JIPMER PG has started for August session from May 21, 2021 for MSc/MPH/PBD/PGD/PGF courses, and for MD/MS courses the admissions are now based on INI CET.
Ques. Once the application form has been completed, can it be edited or can there be revisions?
Ans. There cannot be any changes or editing in the application form of JIPMER PG 2021.
Ques. Is there an option of filling the JIPMER PG 2021 Form in offline mode as well?
Ans. There is no provision for filling the application form through offline mode, it can only be filled in the online mode through the official website.
Ques. What is the registration fee for OPH category candidates?
Ans. OPH Category candidates do not have to pay any fee as they are exempted to pay the JIPMER PG 2021 application fee. Check Here JIPMER PG Eligibility Criteria
Ques. What are the language mediums of the entrance test?
Ans. It is only available in the English language mode.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.