Table of Contents
JIPMER PG 2020 July Session Dates(Revised), Registration, Pattern, Syllabus and Cut Off
JIPMER PG schedule has been revised due to the countrywide lockdown amidst coronavirus crisis. JIPMER PG is a national level exam conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Post Graduate, Puducherry, for admitting MBBS (or equivalent degree) students into MD and MS programs offered by the institute. JIPMER PG is held twice a year, once in the month of January and then again in July. JIPMER PG 2020 July session will be held on June 21, 2020.
Latest: JIPMER has decided to increase the exam test centres due to COVID-19 Pandemic and new cities has been added to the list. Candidates can re-select their examination city before May 28, 2020. Apply here
Established in 1823 by the French Indians, JIPMER Puducherry covers a campus size of 195 acres. The institute has a faculty strength of 300+ and admits 200 postgraduate students each year.
- The application window for JIPMER PG 2020 is extended till May 18, 2020.
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download their admit cards from June 05, 2020.
- JIPMER PG 2020 July Session Exam Date was released on the official website on February 4, 2020.
- The exam is held for admission into 24 PG programs offered by the institute. JIPMER is considered one of the most prestigious medical schools in the country.
- JIPMER PG Eligibilityrequirements include specifications on nationality, educational background, age limit and previous professional experiences.
- JIPMER PG Exam Pattern comprises a 3-hour long computer-based test having 250 MCQs of 4 marks each with a negative marking of 1 mark for incorrect answers.
- JIPMER PG Result is likely to be announced in the last week of May 2020, while the counselling will tentatively begin from June 11 – July 23, 2020.
Highlights of JIPMER PG 2020
|Conducting body||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Post Graduate|
|Mode of JIPMER PG 2020||Online (computer-based test)|
|Duration of JIPMER PG 2020||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Courses offered||19 MD and 5 MS|
|Number of shifts||1 (one shift)|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||250 MCQ Questions|
|Language of Paper||English|
|Minimum cut off/ Percentile marks||55 %|
JIPMER PG Dates
JIPMER PG 2020 Important Dates
The schedule proposed for July sessions of JIPMER PG 2020 is given below.
|JIPMER PG 2020 online registration opens||March 4, 2020|
|Last date for submitting an online application form||May 18 (Extended)|
|Download Hall Ticket from JIPMER website||June 05, 2020|
|JIPMER PG 2020 (July Session) Entrance Exam||June 21, 2020(Rescheduled)|
|Result Date for JIPMER PG 2020||To be announced|
|OPH / Foreign Nationals / Sponsored Counselling||June 2020|
|JIPMER PG Counselling||June 11 – July 23, 2020|
|Admission Formalities||August 15, 2020|
|Issues of Admission Letter and Letter for Hostel Accommodation||August 20, 2020|
|Commencement of Course||September 1, 2020|
|Close of Admissions for Doctor of Medicine (MD) / Master of Surgery (MS) – July 2020 Session||October 1, 2020|
JIPMER PG Eligibility
JIPMER PG 2020 Eligibility
The eligibility criterion for JIPMER PG 2020 is as set up by the institute. Participants must ensure that they fulfil the JIPMER PG Eligibility requirements before applying for the entrance exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
- Indian nationals: Aspirant must be a citizen of India.
- Overseas Citizens of India: Individuals residing overseas must be registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955. They will be required to upload their OCI card at the time of application process.
- Non-Resident Indians: They will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for PG courses in JIPMER.
- Students must possess MBBS or an equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- They should have secured at least 55% marks (50% for reserved category) in the final examination.
- They must complete their compulsory rotating internship/ practical training for the required period of 12 months before the commencement of the counseling process.
- Aspirants who have done their MD or MS from any other institute and in any other subject cannot apply for JIPMER PG exam.
JIPMER PG Registration
JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form
JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form will be available from March 4 – May 18, 2020. Individuals are required to fill up general details like personal information and educational qualifications. The application forms can be filled via the online mode only on the official website www.jipmer.edu.in. The registration and application process consists of 3 steps which are given below:
- Registration by providing basic details to create a candidate’s login account.
- Fill JIPMER PG 2020 Application form and upload required documents.
- The final step is the payment of application fee before submitting the online application form.
How to fill JIPMER PG Application Form?
Aspirants can apply by following the simple steps given below:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of JIPMER and click on ‘Apply Online for MD/ MS’. The registration form will appear.
- Enter personal details like name and date of birth and contact details- mobile number and email ID. Click on ‘Register’ after carefully filling up this page.
- Students will receive an email having their User ID and Password on their registered email ID. Login using these credentials and edit these details if you want to.
Step 2: Fill JIPMER PG Application form
- Once logged in, the application form will appear.
- Aspirants will have to enter personal and qualification details. They must choose their preferred exam city and upload scanned images of their recent photograph and signature.
- Click on ‘Preview’ to view the form and make any changes if necessary.
- After checking the details, click on ‘Submit’ after which no modifications can be made to the form.
Step 3: Pay JIPMER PG Application Fees
- The final step is to pay the requisite application fees. Application fees can be remitted only via the online mode.
- Candidates can pay the fees using Credit/ Debit card and Net banking.
- Enter the necessary payment details on the bank page that appears and save the receipt of the online transaction as proof of payment.
- Upon successful transaction, aspirants must take a print out of the confirmation page for future correspondence.
JIPMER PG Application Fee
The application process will be considered complete only after the requisite fees have been paid by students. Candidates will be required to pay the application fees as per their category at the time of registration. Fees can be rendered through the online mode only. Aspirants can use Credit/ Debit card or Net Banking facility to pay the fees. The category wise fees are mentioned below:
|General (UR)/ OCI/ Sponsored||INR 1600|
|SC/ ST||INR 1200|
JIPMER PG Admit Card
JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card
JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card will be issued to candidates who have successfully registered for the exam on May 17, 2020. Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website of JIPMER, Pondicherry. The institute will not send hard copies of the hall ticket by post.
- Admit Card must be preserved carefully as it has to be produced at the time of admission and counselling, duly signed by the exam invigilator.
- Details about the individual such as his Name and Roll number, Date of birth and the test center allotted along with the address will be printed on the hall ticket.
- It is a mandatory document of the entrance test without which no student will be permitted into the exam hall.
Steps to download JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card is given below:
- Log on to the official website of JIPMER.
- Click on the link related to ‘Download JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card’
- Candidates will be redirected to a page wherein they will have to enter their Application number.
- Admit card will appear. Verify all the details and print out 2 coloured copies of it.
JIPMER PG Exam Center
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Center
JIPMER PG has increased the number of test cities from 10 to 12 major cities across the country. Students will be allowed to choose 3 cities for the online entrance test as their preferred exam center. They should fill up the exam center code in the application form according to their convenience. Exam city will be allotted as per candidate’s preference and on first-cum-first serve basis.
The exam authority will allot a center to the participants and the venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card. Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any situation. The list of revised test cities are given below:
|Kochi (Replaced Trivandrum)||Hyderabad (Replaced Vijaywada)|
|Jammu (New)||Indore (New)|
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern
JIPMER PG 2020 is a computer-based test (online test) and will be conducted in the English medium only.
The exam will be held in a single shift. The exam paper will have objective type questions. Check Here JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern.
- Duration of exam will be 3 hours for MD/ MS course and the number of questions will be 250.
- The paper will be divided into 2 sections- Basic Clinical Sciences (100 Qs) and Clinical Sciences (150 Qs).
- Every correct answer will be awarded +4 marks while 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- JIPMER will also conduct a mock test to familiarize candidates to the exam pattern.
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Number of questions||250|
|Sections in paper||2 (Basic Clinical Science and Clinical Sciences)|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Medium of language||English|
JIPMER PG Syllabus
JIPMER PG 2020 Syllabus
JIPMER PG 2020 Syllabus will be based on the graduate degree knowledge of the respective field. The entrance exam will consist of questions covering all the subjects taught at MBBS degree level. The important topics for the exam are-
|Basic Clinical Sciences||Clinical Sciences|
|Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Toxicology||Medicine Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio diagnosis and Radio therapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Blood Transfusion Medicine|
JIPMER PG 2020 Result
JIPMER PG 2020 Result for the MD and MS programs will be declared in the last month of May 2020. The results is announced on the official JIPMER website in the form of a rank list. Only those students who have qualified the exam will be able to view their result. The results can be checked by following these few steps:
- Log on to the official JIPMER website.
- Select the link of ‘JIPMER PG 2020 Result’.
- Enter your Application Number and Date of Birth to know your result.
The institute will upload a merit list of aspirants who have appeared for the exam soon after the declaration of results. This list will be drawn based on category and minimum percentile.
JIPMER PG 2020 Cutoff
Applicants must secure a minimum score as prescribed by the institute to qualify the exam. The minimum cut off is 50th Percentile for all candidates applying for the MD and MS courses. This is only the qualifying cut off and the actual cut off will vary with the performance of students, difficulty level of exam and other factors. The category wise qualifying percentile is given below:
|Unreserved/ Institute/ OCI/ NRI/ Sponsored||50|
|OBC/SC/ST (Including OPH)||40|
JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling
Admission to all PG courses will be done based on Merit only. JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling will be started from June 11 – July 23, 2020. It will be conducted in 3 rounds at the Puducherry campus. Qualified students will be called for counseling as per the roster point system. The schedule for the same will be uploaded on the website.
The counselling process will take place through 5 steps which are-
- Registration: Individuals must fill a registration form wherein he will be required to enter general details about his qualifications and JIPMER PG 2020 score.
- Biometric Finger Print and Image verification: This will be done to authenticate the candidate’s identity.
- Certificate verification (Bonafide and Original certificates): Students must submit necessary documents that will be scrutinized by the conducting body.
- Personal counselling: After completing all the above steps, the authorities will give the preference form to applicants.
- Selection of desired discipline: Candidates should carefully indicate their preferences of various streams in proper order.
The organizing body will allot seats in order of merit, as per the availability of seats, preferences exercised and category. To confirm the designated seat, aspirants must pay the course fee of INR 15,960.
JIPMER PG FAQs
JIPMER PG 2020 FAQs
Ques. How many sessions is the JPIMER PG 2020 conducted in?
Ans. JIPMER PG 2020 is conducted twice a year in the month of January and July. The upcoming session is going to be conducted on May 17, 2020 (July Session).
Ques. When will the online registration for JPIMER PG begin for the next session?
Ans. Registration for JIPMER PG will be started for the next session from March 4, 2020.
Ques. Once the application form has been completed, can it be edited or can there be revisions?
Ans. There cannot be any changes or editing in the application form of JIPMER PG 2020.
Ques. Is there an option of filling the JIPMER PG 2020 Form in offline mode as well?
Ans. There is no provision for filling the application form through offline mode, it can only be filled in the online mode through the official website.
Ques. What is the registration fee for OPH category candidates?
Ans. OPH Category candidates do not have to pay any fee as they are exempted to pay the JIPMER PG 2020 application fee. Check Here JIPMER PG Eligibility Criteria
Ques. What are the language mediums of the entrance test?
Ans. It is only available in the English language mode.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College