JIPMER PG 2019 Notification, Dates, Registration, Exam Pattern
JIPMER PG 2019 is a national level exam conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Post Graduate. It is a gateway for admitting aspirants into MD and MS programs in the field of medicine offered by the institute. The test is held in 2 sessions every year- January and July.
- JIPMER PG 2019 prospectus for January 2019 session will be released shortly. The examination is expected to be conducted on November 19.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for JIPMER PG is a MBBS degree. CheckJIPMER PG Eligibility
- Online application portal to apply for JIPMER PG is available till February 2019. Interested candidates will have to perform registration on the official website.
- The application fees are INR 1500 for a General category student.
- The exam is held for admission into 24 PG programs offered by the institute.
- It is an online exam which will consist of 250 objective type questions. CheckJIPMER PG Exam Pattern
- JIPMER PG 2019 Result will be declared within 2 weeks of conducting the exam.
JIPMER is considered one of the most prestigious medical schools in the country. The institute, along with AIIMS is the only organization that conducts its own entrance exam and does not admit students on the basis of NEET scores.
Highlights of JIPMER PG 2019
|Date of JIPMER PG 2019||January Session: November 19 |
July Session: May 13
|Conducting body||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Post Graduate|
|Mode of JIPMER PG 2019||Online (computer-based test)|
|Duration of JIPMER PG 2019||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Courses offered||19 MD and 5 MS|
|Number of seats||100 seats per session|
|Minimum cut off/ Percentile marks||50th Percentile (40 for Reserved Category)|
JIPMER PG 2019 Exam Dates
The schedule proposed for January sessions of JIPMER PG 2019 is given below.
|JIPMER PG 2019 online registration opens||February 28, 2019|
|Last date for submitting online application form||April 2, 2019|
|Issue of JIPMER PG 2019 Admit Card||April 30- May 13, 2019|
|JIPMER PG 2019 Entrance Exam||May 13, 2019|
|Merit List of JIPMER PG available||On or before May 25, 2019|
JIPMER PG Eligibility
The eligibility criterion for JIPMER PG 2019 is as set up by the institute. Participants must ensure that they fulfill the JIPMER PG Eligibility requirements before applying for the entrance exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
- Indian nationals: Aspirant must be a citizen of India.
- Overseas citizens of India: Individuals residing overseas must be registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955. They will be required to upload their OCI card at the time of application process.
- Non Resident Indians: They will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for PG courses in JIPMER.
- Students must possess MBBS or an equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- They should have secured at least 55% marks (50% for reserved category) in the final examination.
- They must complete their compulsory rotating internship/ practical training for the required period of 12 months before the commencement of the counseling process.
- Aspirants who have done their MD or MS from any other institute and in any other subject cannot apply for JIPMER PG exam.
JIPMER PG 2019 Application Form
JIPMER PG 2019 Application Form will be available from September 11, 2017. Individuals will be required to fill up general details like personal information and educational qualifications. The application forms can be filled via the online mode only on the official website www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in . The registration and application process consists of 3 steps which are given below:
- Registration by providing basic details to create candidate’s login account.
- Fill JIPMER PG 2019 Application form and upload required documents.
- The final step is payment of application fee before submitting the online application form.
How to fill JIPMER PG Application Form?
Aspirants can apply by following the simple steps given below:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of JIPMER and click on ‘Apply Online for MD/ MS’. The registration form will appear.
- Enter personal details like name and date of birth and contact details- mobile number and email ID. Click on ‘Register’ after carefully filling up this page.
- Students will receive an email having their User ID and Password on their registered email ID. Login using these credentials and edit these details if you want to.
Step 2: Filling of Application form
- Once logged in, the application form will appear.
- Aspirants will have to enter personal and qualification details. They must choose their preferred exam city and upload scanned images of their recent photograph and signature.
- Click on ‘Preview’ to view the form and make any changes if necessary.
- After checking the details, click on ‘Submit’ after which no modifications can be made to the form.
Step 3: Payment of Application Fees
- The final step is to pay the requisite application fees. Application fees can be remitted only via the online mode.
- Candidates can pay the fees using Credit/ Debit card and Net banking.
- Enter the necessary payment details on the bank page that appears and save the receipt of the online transaction as proof of payment.
- Upon successful transaction, aspirants must take a print out of the confirmation page for future correspondence.
JIPMER PG Application Fee
The application process will be considered complete only after the requisite fees have been paid by students. Candidates will be required to pay the application fees as per their category at the time of registration. Fees can be rendered through the online mode only. Aspirants can use Credit/ Debit card or Net Banking facility to pay the fees. The category wise fees are mentioned below:
|General (UR)/ OCI/ Sponsored||INR 1500|
|SC/ ST||INR 1200|
JIPMER PG 2019 Admit Card
JIPMER PG 2019 Admit Card will be issued to candidates who have successfully registered for the exam. It will be released 2 weeks prior to the entrance exam. Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website of JIPMER. The institute will not send hard copies of the hall ticket by post.
- Admit Card must be preserved carefully as it has to be produced at the time of admission and counseling, duly signed by the exam invigilator.
- Details about the individual such as his Name and Roll number, Date of birth and the test center allotted along with the address will be printed on the hall ticket.
- It is a mandatory document of the entrance test without which no student will be permitted into the exam hall.
Steps to download JIPMER PG 2019 Admit Card are given below:
- Log on to the official website of JIPMER.
- Click on the link related to ‘Download JIPMER PG 2019 Admit Card’
- Candidates will be redirected to a page wherein they will have to enter their Application number.
- Admit card will appear. Verify all the details and print out 2 colored copies of it.
JIPMER PG 2019 Exam Center
JIPMER PG 2019 will be conducted in about 10 cities across the country. Students will be allowed to choose 3 cities for the online entrance test as their preferred exam center. They should fill up the exam center code in the application form according to their convenience. Exam city will be allotted as per candidate’s preference and on first-cum-first serve basis.
The exam authority will allot a center to the participants and the venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card. Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any situation.
JIPMER PG 2019 Exam Pattern
JIPMER PG 2019 is a computer based test (online test) and will be conducted in the English medium only. The exam will be held in a single shift. The exam paper will have objective type questions.
- Duration of exam will be 3 hours for MD/ MS course and the number of questions will be 250.
- The paper will be divided into 2 sections- Basic Clinical Sciences (100 Qs) and Clinical Sciences (150 Qs).
- Every correct answer will be awarded +4 marks while 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- JIPMER will also conduct a mock test to familiarize candidates to the exam pattern.
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Number of questions||250|
|Sections in paper||2 (Basic Clinical Science and Clinical Sciences)|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Medium of language||English|
JIPMER PG 2019 Syllabus
JIPMER PG 2019 Syllabus will be based on the graduate degree knowledge of the respective field. The entrance exam will consist of questions covering all the subjects taught at MBBS degree level. The important topics for the exam are-
|Basic Clinical Sciences||Clinical Sciences|
|Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Toxicology||Medicine Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio diagnosis and Radio therapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Blood Transfusion Medicine|
JIPMER PG 2019 Result
JIPMER PG 2019 Result for the MD and MS programs will be declared within 2 weeks of conducting the exam. The results will be announced on the official JIPMER website in the form of a rank list. Only those students who have qualified the exam will be able to view their result. The results can be checked by following these few steps:
- Log on to the official JIPMER website.
- Select the link of ‘JIPMER PG 2019 Result’.
- Enter your Application Number and Date of Birth to know your result.
The institute will upload a merit list of aspirants who have appeared for the exam soon after the declaration of results. This list will be drawn based on category and minimum percentile.
JIPMER PG 2019 Cut Off
Applicants must secure a minimum score as prescribed by the institute to qualify the exam. The minimum cut off is 50th Percentile for all candidates applying for the MD and MS courses. This is only the qualifying cut off and the actual cut off will vary with the performance of students, difficulty level of exam and other factors. The category wise qualifying percentile is given below:
|Unreserved/ Institute/ OCI/ NRI/ Sponsored||50|
|OBC/SC/ST (Including OPH)||40|
JIPMER PG 2019 Counselling
Admission to all PG courses will be done based on merit only. JIPMER PG 2019 Counselling will begin from December 13, 2017. It will be conducted in 3 rounds at the Puducherry campus. Qualified students will be called for counseling as per the roster point system. The schedule for the same will be uploaded on the website. The counseling process will take place through 5 steps which are-
- Registration: Individuals must fill a registration form wherein he will be required to enter general details about his qualifications and JIPMER PG 2019 score.
- Biometric Finger Print and Image verification: This will be done to authenticate the candidate’s identity.
- Certificate verification (Bonafide and Original certificates): Students must submit necessary documents that will be scrutinized by the conducting body.
- Personal counseling: After completing all the above steps, the authorities will give the preference form to applicants.
- Selection of desired discipline: Candidates should carefully indicate their preferences of various streams in proper order.
The organizing body will allot seats in order of merit, as per the availability of seats, preferences exercised and category. To confirm the designated seat, aspirants must pay the course fee of INR 15,960.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College