JIPMER PG (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Post Graduate exam) is a national level entrance exam. It is held every year for candidates seeking admission to MD and MS programmes. Before registering for this exam, it is important to check the JIPMER PG Eligibility.
Candidate must be an Indian national to apply for the JIPMER PG exam. Candidates must have a MBBS or an equivalent Degree from an institute recognized by the Medical Council of India.
JIPMER PG 2019 Eligibility Criteria
JIPMER PG eligibility requirements include specifications on nationality, educational background, age limit and previous professional experiences. Following are the requirements regarding nationality of the candidate:
- Indian Nationals (IN)- Applicant must be an Indian National
- For Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)- Such candidates registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are eligible but will have to submit proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 at the time of counselling.
- Foreign Nationals (FN)- Such candidates will have to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. They will require prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying. An advance copy of the application and copy of request to MCI will have to be submitted at JIPMER before the last date of receipt of applications.
JIPMER PG 2019 Educational Qualifications
In addition to the nationality criteria, candidates must also possess the necessary educational background for JIPMER PG 2019. Only those candidates who have a MBBS or an equivalent Degree, which is recognized by the Medical Council of India, will be eligible to apply for this exam.
JIPMER PG 2019 Experience
To be eligible for JIPMER PG 2019, candidates will need to have completed a compulsory period of 12 months in rotating internship / Practical training. The deadline for this is on or before 31st December 2016, for the January session.
CheckJIPMER PG Registration Steps
JIPMER PG Eligibility for Sponsored Candidates
Government of India will sponsor Indian national candidates. Such candidates will have to fulfil the conditions given below as duly certified by their sponsoring authority.
- Applicant must be a permanent or regular employee of the sponsoring authority.
- He should have been working for the last three years at least (as on or before 31st December 2016).
- After receiving training, he must be suitably employed by the sponsoring authority to work for at least five years.
- No financial implications must devolve upon JIPMER during the entire period of their course.
- Payment will be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority.
It must be noted that sponsorship of candidates will be accepted only from the following bodies:
- Central or State Government Departments / Institutions
- Autonomous Bodies of the Central or State Government
- Public sector colleges affiliated to universities and recognized by the MCI.
If a candidate is sponsored by such colleges, sponsorship certificate signed by the Principal of the Medical College will be required. Sponsored candidates must fill ONLY ONE discipline of their choice in the online application form. An advance copy will have to be submitted to JIPMER before the last date of receipt of applications.
Cancellation of Candidature
Candidates who have already completed their MD or MS degree in any subject in any Institution must not apply for admission to these courses at JIPMER. Such candidates are not eligible and if they apply, their candidature will be cancelled.
CheckJIPMER PG Exam Pattern and Syllabus
JIPMER PG 2019 Reservation Criteria
JIPMER offers the provision of reservation for candidates belonging to certain categories. In case an applicant is found to be eligible and fulfils the necessary conditions, he or she can avail this benefit. The details of JIPMER PG 2019 reservation are discussed below:
Definition of Categories
It is important to know what category a candidate belongs. For this purpose, candidate must be aware of the definition for each category.
- UR – This means Unreserved and stands for all applicants including OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)
- Institute (INST) – This stands for a candidate who has obtained their MBBS Degree from JIPMER
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) – Only candidates whose sub-caste is notified in the Central List of OBC will be included in this one. Applicants must not be in the Creamy Layer. The following must be kept in mind:
- Last three year’s Income Tax Returns of their parents as proof of Non-Creamy Layer status will have to be produced at the time of counselling along with the original OBC Certificate.
- Income certificate from competent Revenue Authority will be needed, in case the parents are not filing any income tax.
- If the parents are employed in Government or Public Sector Enterprises, a recent certificate from their employer indicating their Designation and Class / Group will also have to be submitted for claiming the seat.
- Scheduled Caste / Tribe (SC / ST) – Provided that candidates meet the other requirements, seats are reserved for those falling under SC and ST category.
- Candidates will be required to provide a certificate from the District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / First Class Stipendiary Magistrate / Sub Divisional Magistrate, Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate, Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar, Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate normally resides, Administrator / Secretary to Administrator / Development Officer (Lakshadweep islands) in support of their claim.
- In case the certificates are not in English, an English translation of their caste certificate duly attested by a Gazetted Officer will have to be produced.
- OPH (Orthopaedic Physically Challenged) – Candidates with locomotor disability confined only to lower limbs between the ranges of 50% to 70% come under this category. Some additional criteria are provided below:
- The candidate must produce a valid document certifying their physical disability.
- In the first instance, reservation is provided to those with disability of lower limbs in the range of 50% and 70%
- If eligible candidates are unavailable, then those with disability of lower limbs in the range 40% and 50% are considered.
- Those certified less than 40% disabilities will NOT be eligible for the reservation.
- The disability certificate should be issued from a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the State or Central Govt. Hospitals / Institutions.
- Candidate will additionally need to appear before a Medical Board of JIPMER and obtain a valid Disability Certificate prior to admission.
- The suitability of the candidate against their disability (Locomotor / Visual / Auditory) will be assessed against the patient safety norms for due certification by the Medical Board.
Category Wise Seat Reservation
For each category of candidates, a specific number of seats will be reserved. The figures are provided below:-
|Category||Condition||Number of Seats|
|Unreserved (UR)||Open to all candidates||34|
|Foreign national candidates||6|
|Institute (INST)||Open to candidates graduated from JIPMER||21|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Open to all candidates tallying with the Central List of OBC and belonging to the non-creamy layer.||30|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||Open to all SC candidates||17|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Open to all ST Candidates||09|
|Orthopaedic Physically Challenged (OPH)||On Horizontal Basis||03|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College