JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Syllabus
JIPMER PG 2020 will be conducted in an online (computer-based) mode. It comprises of 250 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). JIPMER PG 2020 will be of a total duration of 180 minutes. The question paper will be printed in the English Language only.
The registration for July Session will start from March 4 – April 9, 2020. The official schedule for the examination has released, the exam will be conducted on May 17, 2020. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry conducts JIPMER postgraduate Entrance Tests (JIPMER PG) two times in a year i.e. in January and July month for the admission to the MD and MS courses.
Highlights of JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern
|Date of Exam||May 17, 2020|
|Conducting Body||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer-based)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes|
|Number of Questions||250|
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Listed below are the facts related to the paper:
- Duration of exam will be 3 hours for MD/ MS course and the number of questions will be 250.
- The paper will be divided into 2 sections- Basic Clinical Sciences (100 Qs) and Clinical Sciences (150 Qs).
- Every correct answer will be awarded +4 marks while 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- JIPMER will also conduct a mock test to familiarize candidates to the exam pattern.
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Number of questions||250|
|Sections in paper||2 (Basic Clinical Science and Clinical Sciences)|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Medium of language||English|
The question paper will be divided into two parts, i.e. Basic Clinical Sciences and Clinical Sciences. The distribution of questions is given below:-
|Subjects||No of questions|
|Basic Clinical Sciences||150|
- There is no section-wise time duration.
- Candidates will have to attempt the whole paper in a maximum of 180 minutes, no extra time will be given
- JIPMER PG Syllabus will be the corresponding subjects with which candidates have completed their MBBS degree.
JIPMER PG Marking Scheme
JIPMER PG 2020 Marking Scheme
JIPMER PG 2020 question paper will consist of a total of 1000 marks. 4 marks will be awarded to the candidate for each right answer while 1 mark will be deducted for choosing a wrong answer.
The subject-wise distribution of marks is given below:-
|Basic Clinical Sciences||600|
JIPMER PG Syllabus
JIPMER PG 2020 Syllabus
JIPMER PG 2020 Syllabus is not predefined. As per trend, the syllabus will be the corresponding course with which candidates have completed their MBBS degree.
Detailed Syllabus for PG Courses
Syllabus of subjects are given below:-
|Basic Clinical Sciences||Anatomy|
|Forensic Medicine & Toxicology|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|Blood Transfusion Medicine|
Exam Day Instruction
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Day Instructions
These are some important instructions for JIPMER PG 2020 that candidates should follow:-
- Candidate will not be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him/her in the Hall Ticket. Check JIPMER PG 2020 Hall Ticket
- They will not be allowed to enter the examination center/hall after the commencement of examination.
- After the invigilator has verified JIPMER PG 2020 Hall Ticket of the candidate, he must sign on the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator and mention the hall ticket number also.
- Students are advised to follow the instructions given by the invigilators in the examination room
- They are advised not to indulge in any kind of argument with the invigilators or other staff involved in the examination duty at the examination center.
- Applicants are advised neither talk to each other nor discuss any matter during the examination.
- Go through a SAMPLE TEST before you access the Main Exam.
- Timer (Clock) is available on the top right-hand corner of the Screen which shows the time remaining for the completion of the exam.
- Every correct answer will get 4 marks and 1 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions. Check JIPMER PG Negative Marking
- Candidates should not disturb other candidates in the examination room and maintain complete silence during the examination.
- They are not permitted to carry any electronic device and study material at examination hall like (Mobile, Bluetooth, Pager, watch, test series, books, model papers, etc.)
- The decision of Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry will be final in all matters.
JIPMER PG 2020 FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. What are the Thesis requirements for JIPMER PG 2020?
Ans. Every candidate who joins MD / MS course is required to submit a plan of thesis within three months of his/her joining the course. He/she is required to submit the final thesis after completion of 2 ½ years of his/her joining the course, and will be eligible to appear for the final MD / MS examination only after approval of thesis and proof of submitting for PubMed indexed journal for credit point calculation for issuing Hall -Ticket to write the exam.
- Any candidate who fails to submit his/her plan of thesis within three months with grace period of 10 days with penalty of INR 10,000 (Ten thousand only) or fails to submit the completed thesis duly certified by the Guide (s) within the stipulated time including grace period of 30 days with penalty of INR 10,000 (Ten Thousand Only) will not be permitted to take part in the final examination, and his / her session will be extended by six months.
- MD / MS Junior Residents shall be entitled to a subsidy of INR 5000 (INR Five Thousand only) in lump sum to meet expenditure on writing the thesis.
- Along with the application seeking such assistance, the residents shall submit a certificate from the Dean (Academic) that the concerned resident has submitted the thesis.
Ques. What does a candidate have to do if they want to change their discipline?
Ans. Candidates opting for a particular discipline and getting admitted at JIPMER after the first counseling are eligible to be registered for the subsequent counseling(s) on production of Demand Dragt for an amount of INR 50,000 (INR FIFTY THOUSAND ONLY) drawn in favour of The Director, JIPMER payable at SBI, JIPMER Branch, Pondicherry.
- In case the candidate changes that discipline at his / her roster point during the counseling. he/she should submit the resignation from the previous discipline immediately; then only he/she will be alloted another seat of choice available at that Roster Point allocation in the same counseling without break to his / her residency agreement.
- However, such candidates are required to pay Academic Fee, Admission Fee, and Learning Resource Fee for the new discipline chosen.
- Resignation from candidates who switched over in second or third counseling would entail mid stream departure penalty for each switch over. This would be in addition to penalty for terminating Residency contract agreement entered upon admission by the candidate.
Ques.What are some suggested books for Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry and Pathology Theory and MCQs?
Ans. For Theory:
- BDC and Netters (Anatomy)
- Guyton (Physiology)
- DM Vasudevan, Rebecca James (Biochemistry)
- Robbins, Devish Mishra (Pathology)
- Across (Anatomy)
- Across (Physiology)
- Across (Biochemistry)
- Arvind Arora (Pathology)
Ques. What are some suggested books for Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, and ENT?
Ans. For Theory:
- Ananthanarayan and Paniker (Microbiology)
- KDT (Pharmacology)
- Dr. K. S.N. Reddy (Forensic Medicine)
- Dhingra (ENT)
- Apurba Shastry (Microbiology)
- Sparsh Gupta (Pharmacology)
- Across (Forensic Medicine)
- Sakshi Arora (ENT)
Ques. What are some suggested books for Ophthalmology, SPM, and Medicine?
Ans. For Theory:
- Khurana (Ophthalmology)
- Park (SPM)
- Harrison and Davidson, Mudith Khanna (Medicine)
- Across (Ophthalmology)
- Arvind Arora (SPM)
- Amit Ashish (Medicine)
Ques. What are some suggested books for Surgery, Orthopaedics, and Pediatrics?
Ans. For Theory:
- SRB and Bailey (Surgery)
- Maheshwari (Orthopaedics)
- Ghai, Arvind Arora (Pediatrics)
- Amit Ashish (Surgery)
- Across (Orthopaedics)
- Arvind Arora (Pediatrics)
Ques. What are some suggested books for OBG, Radiology, Dermatology and Psychiatry?
Ans. For Theory:
- Dutta and Shaws (OBG)
- Sumer Sethi (Radiology)
- Saurabh Jindal (Dermatology)
- Psychiatry (Personal Notes)
- Sakshi Arora (OBG)
- Across (Radiology)
- Across (Dermatology)
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College