Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam (JNUEE 2018)
Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination (JNUEE) is conducted for admissions in various UG, PG and Doctoral courses offered by Jawaharlal Nehru University. The exam is scheduled for December 2018 in the offline mode.
The online registration for JNUEE 2018 will start from the third week of October. The same shall last till the first week of November 2018. Interested candidates can fill the application form both online as well as offline.
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- The result of JNUEE 2018 will be announced on the official website of the university in the second week of January 2019.
- Selected candidates of JNUEE 2018 will be called for viva-voce. After the viva-voce, a merit list will be published by JNU.
JNUEE: Latest Updates
- JNUEE 2017 final results for B.A. (Hons.) 1st year were declared on March 29. Check JNUEE 2017 Result
- JNUEE 2017 results other courses is expected in the coming weeks
JNUEE 2018 Highlights
|Name of Exam||Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Courses Offered||BA (Hons.), MA, M.Sc. & MCA|
JNUEE 2018 Exam Dates
Candidates interested in appearing for JNUEE 2018 must know all the exam dates so that they can apply for the examination on time. The important exam dates of JNUEE 2018 are listed below:
|Availability of online application form||Third week of October 2018|
|Availability of offline application form||Third week of October 2018|
|Last date of availability of offline application form||First week of November 2018|
|Last date of submitting online application form||First week of November 2018|
|Last date of submitting offline application form to JNU||November 2018|
|Availability of admit card||Fourth week of November 2018|
|Date of entrance examination||December 2018|
|Announcement of result||Second week of January 2019|
|Viva-voce of selected candidates||Third week of January 2019|
|Publication of merit list||February 2019|
|Registration for admission||February 2019|
JNUEE 2018 Eligibility
The Eligibility Criteria of JNUEE 2018 is different for different programs. Before filling the application form, candidates must ensure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions for the entrance examination. The eligibility criteria for the most popular courses of JNU are listed below:
- Both Indian and Foreign nationals can apply for the exam.
- The minimum age to appear for the exam is 17 years.
For B.A (Hons) 1st year
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 examination with a minimum of 45% marks.
- Candidates who will be appearing in 10+2 examination can also apply.
For B.A (Hons) 2nd year
- Candidates must have qualified the 1st year of bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with at least 45% marks.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks under the 10+2+3 education pattern.
For M.Phil and Ph.D
- Candidates must have a master’s degree in the related subject with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree (BCA/B.Tech) with Mathematics at graduate or 10+2 level with a minimum of 55% marks.
For M.Sc (Life Sciences)
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in physical, biological or agricultural sciences with a minimum of 55% marks under the 10+2+3 education pattern.
JNUEE 2018 Application Form
Candidates can fill JNUEE 2018 application form in both online and offline mode. Candidates can find the online application form on the official website of the university from the third week of October 2017. The offline application forms will be available by post. Here are some guidelines for completing the application process of JNUEE 2018:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Click on the link “Application form- Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination”.
- Create their login ID by providing details – name, programme of study, valid email address, valid mobile number, nationality, date of birth and password.
- Candidates will be sent their application number for JNU admissions on the registered email id.
Step 2: Fill details in the application form
- Login on the official website of Jawaharlal Nehru University by providing their JNU application number and password.
- Fill in the personal, educational and contact details asked in the application form.
|Information asked in Application Form|
JNUEE exam centre
Name & address of school
Name & address of college (for graduation/post-graduation)
Name of any other entrance exam that the candidate is appearing for
Step 3: Uploading the documents
Aspirants need to upload their scanned images of the following documents in the mentioned specification in the application form:
|Photograph||20 Kb to 50 Kb||150 px (width) X 200 px (height)||JPG|
|Signature||10 Kb to 20 Kb||140 px (width) X 60 px (height)||JPG|
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
- Candidates can pay the application fee through debit card/credit card/internet banking or e-Challan of SBI bank.
- The application fee for JNUEE 2018 is non-refundable.
The application fee for JNUEE 2018 is different for different programs and categories. Candidates can check the application fee for their desired program from the following table:
|Number of programs chosen by candidates||M.A/M.Sc/MCA/M.Phil/M.Tech/MPH /PHD||B.A (Hons) 1 and 2nd year programs/All part time programs|
|1 program||Rs. 530||Rs.310 ( Rs.110 for BPL)||Rs. 400||Rs. 265 ( Rs. 110 for BPL)|
|2 programs||Rs. 800||Rs.415 (Rs. 215 for BPL)||Rs. 575||Rs.325 (Rs.125 for BPL)|
|3 programs||Rs. 1000||Rs. 500 (Rs. 300 for BPL)||Rs. 750||Rs. 380 (Rs. 180 For BPL)|
After submitting the online application form, candidates must take a printout of the confirmation page for future use. Candidates need to submit the offline application form via speed post/registered post to the following address:
Section Officer (Admissions)
Room No. 28
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Read More about JNUEE 2018 Registration
JNUEE 2018 Admit Card
- Candidates who have successfully applied for JNUEE 2018 can download their JNUEE 2018 admit card from the official website.
- JNUEE 2018 admit card will be uploaded by the university in the fourth week of November.
- Candidates must take a printout of the admit card and carry it with them to the exam center on the day of the examination.
- If candidates fail to show their JNUEE 2018 admit card to the invigilator, they will not be allowed to give the examination. The steps to download JNUEE 2018 admit card is listed below:
- Visit the official website of JNU –jnu.ac.in
- Click on the link “JNUEE 2018 admit card”.
- Enter your application number and date of birth.
- Click on the “submit” button.
- JNUEE 2018 admit card will appear on the computer screen.
- Download the admit card and take a printout of it.
- In case of any discrepancy, candidates must immediately contact the university to avoid problems on the day of the examination. Candidates can send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Information mentioned on the admit card|
|Name of candidate||Address of examination center|
|Candidate’s father and mother name||Date of examination|
|Candidate’s date of birth||Timing of examination|
|Photograph of candidate||Roll number|
|Signature of candidate||Registration number|
Read More about JNUEE 2018 Admit Card
JNUEE 2018 Exam Center
There are total 54 examination centers for JNUEE 2018. During filling the application form, candidates can select their choice of exam center.
|Name of the Centre||Centre Code||Name of the Centre||Centre Code|
JNUEE 2018 Exam Pattern
|Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Mode of examination||Offline (Pen and paper based examination)|
|Duration of examination||3 hours|
|Type of questions||Different for different programs|
The exam pattern of JNUEE 2018 is different for different programs. The detailed exam pattern of JNUEE 2018 for various courses of JNU is listed in the table below:
|B.A (Hons)-Foreign Language|
Read detailed JNUEE Exam Pattern
JNUEE 2018 Syllabus
JNUEE Syllabus is different for different courses. The detailed syllabus of various courses is given below:
JNUEE 2018 Result
Candidates can check JNUEE 2018 result from the official website of JNU. The result will be declared only through the online mode in the second week of January 2018. The steps to check JNUEE 2018 results are listed below:
- Visit the official website of JNU
- Click on the link “JNU Entrance Examination Results 2018-19”.
- Select program of study, field of study and application number.
- Click on “search” button.
- JNUEE 2018 result will appear on your computer screen.
Candidates who will qualify the entrance examination will be called for the next round of selection which is viva-voce. After viva-voce, a merit list will be published by JNU for candidates of all categories for each program of study.
Read More about JNUEE 2018 Result
JNUEE 2018 Cut Off
JNUEE 2018 cut off marks is different for candidates under different categories. Cut off marks is the minimum marks that candidates have to score for qualifying in the entrance examination. JNUEE 2018 cut off marks is listed in the table below:
|Program of Study||General||OBCSC/ST & PH|
|M.Phil/Ph.D, Pre Ph.D/Ph.D/M.Tech/Ph.D/MPH/Ph.D||40%||36%||30%|
|M.A/MCA/M.Sc, B.A (Hons) 1 and 2nd year and part time programs||30%||27%||25%|
- After the viva-voce, the final merit list is published by JNU. Admission of candidates will be completely based on the final merit list.
- JNU will prepare the final merit list on the basis of the performance of candidates in the entrance examination and the viva-voce.
- Registrations for admissions in JNU will start tentatively from the third week of February 2018.
- Candidates need to bring their original documents on the day of admission. The documents that candidates need to carry with them are listed below:
- Mark sheet and certificate of Class 12
- Mark sheet and certificate of Graduation (if applicable)
- Mark sheet and certificate of Post graduation (if applicable)
- Caste certificate
- Transfer certificate
- JNUEE 2018 admit card
- Passport size photographs
Annual Fee Structure at JNU
Given below is the fee structure for Indian Nationals for various courses offered by JNU:
Scholarships offered by JNU
JNU offers a number of scholarships to meritorious as well as financially challenged candidates. A few of such scholarships are listed below:
A number of Merit-cum-Means scholarships are available for deserving and meritorious students whose parent’s/ guardian’s income does not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum or as may be laid down from time to time. The payment of scholarships will be governed by the rules in force in the University from time to time.
Ford Foundation Scholarships:
A limited number of Ford Foundation Scholarships of the value of Rs. 700/- per month are available for students of the M.A. Programme of the School of International Studies. The Scholarships will be awarded purely on merit subject to the proviso that at least half of them will go to female students.
Prof. M J K Thavaraj MCM Scholarship:
There are 2 Scholarships of worth Rs.300/- each p.m. and Rs.2000/- as contingency are awarded on merit to M.A.
Read about more Scholarships by JNU
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College