Allahabad University will conduct Law Faculty Admission Test to secure admission to aspirants in Integrated BA LLB course. LFAT is a national level law entrance examination where candidates can seek admission to various colleges which are registered under Allahabad University.
The application form process will tentatively begin in the 1st week of March 2021 and LFAT exam date will be notified soon by the university in its official website- allduniv.ac.in. The exam will be held offline or pen- paper mode and will eventually test the candidate's writing & analytical skills.
|Table of Contents|
The selection of the candidate will strictly depend on the merit scored in the entrance test, qualifying which the candidates will be called for further rounds of counselling. Candidates are advised to check the university website on a regular basis for further updates in the university campus officially.
LFAT 2021 Exam Highlights
|Name of Examination||Law Faculty Admission Test 2021 (LFAT)|
|Conducting Authority||Allahabad University|
|Courses Offered||BA LLB (integrated)|
|Type of Exam||National Level|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Frequency of Exam||Once every year|
LFAT 2021 Exam Dates (Official)
|Commencement of Application||March 2021|
|Last date to apply||April 2021|
|Publishing Admit Card||May 2021|
|Exam Date||To Be Notified|
|Result Declaration||To Be Notified|
LFAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate before applying for LFAT 2021 application form should be familiar with the eligibility criteria which is strictly defined by the university, failing which the candidate will not be able to apply for LFAT 2021. If it is found in the later stages then the candidature of the aspirant will be cancelled accordingly.
Given below are the eligibility criteria which the candidate should follow before applying for the process further:
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 level examination from any recognized board by the Central or State governments.
- They must have scored minimum marks of 45% in their class 12 board exam for General candidates; 42% of OBC candidates; and 40% for SC/ST candidates
- Candidates from General and OBC categories can’t be over 20 years of age in order to be eligible to apply for LFAT 2021.
- In case of SC or ST candidates, there is a relaxation of 2 years in the upper age limit, that is they can be of maximum 22 years of age at the beginning of the course.
LFAT 2021 Registration Process
Candidates should adhere to the following steps while applying for LFAT 2021. The tentative date for the release of application from is in the month of March 2021. The form will be available on the university website for the candidate to download accordingly. The university grants the candidate the possibility of submitting the form both offline and online.
The candidate should adhere to the following steps to successfully complete the application form process:
- Aspirants should visit the official website of Allahabad University LFAT examination.
- From the home page, select LFAT 2021 and proceed for application.
- Fill in the application page with all the relevant information and provide the soft copy of documents.
- Make sure that all the details that you have entered are correct and that no error has crept in. Also check if all the documents you have uploaded are according to the required size and format.
- Next step is to make the payment for the application and finalize it. You can pay LFAT application fee through any mode of online payment.
- The application fee for LFAT 2021 will be Rs 1600/- for General category applicants and Rs 800/- for OBC/ SC/ ST categories and other minority categories.
- After payment of application fee, you should take a print out of the completed application and keep it for future reference.
- All candidates should also remember their LFAT 2021 login credentials. These will be needed till the end of LFAT 2021 admission process.
LFAT 2021 Admit Card
After the successful completion and payment of application fee, the candidate will be able to download LFAT 2021 Admit Card officially from the university website. The tentative date for the release of admit card is slated to be in the month of May 2021. The admit card will consist of all the necessary details entered by the candidate during the application form procedure, with the name of the aspirant, roll number, exam centers. The candidates are advised to check the university website for further updates.
- Once the official notification is out, candidates can visit the website to download their LFAT 2021 admit card.
- Login at the official website with your login credentials.
- Download your admit card from the website and take a print out of the same.
- Also, check if all the details given are correct and legible.
- The venue of LFAT examination and the date and time for reporting will be mentioned on the admit card. There will also be instructions for the candidates regarding LFAT 2021.
- Note that this admit card should be provided at the examination center, failing to do so will lead to cancellation of candidature. Such candidates will not be allowed to appear for LFAT 2021.
LFAT 2021 Exam Pattern
|Entrance Exam Mode||Offline|
|Number of Papers||1|
|Number of Sections||There are 3 sections: |
|Question Paper Type||Objective Type (MCQ)|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
The details of LFAT 2021 Exam Pattern is given below:
- The duration of LFAT 2021 examination is 2 hours.
- There will be 150 questions which are MCQs.
- LFAT examination has 3 parts which all deal with different areas of questions.
- Language comprehension, Legal aptitude, general awareness and reasoning are the topics covered in LFAT examination.
- LFAT examination does have negative marking for incorrect choices. In part 1 and 2 one-third of the mark is deducted for every wrong answer, while in part 3, two-third of the marks are deducted for wrong answers.
- Total marks for the LFAT exam is 300, which is 100 each for all three parts.
Check LFAT 2021 Exam Pattern
LFAT 2021 Syllabus
|Part||Main Topics Included|
|Language Comprehension||This section will have questions in both English and Hindi languages. Reading Comprehension, Grammar Based Error Spotting and Sentence Correction, Antonym- Synonym, Usage of Words, Analogies, passage-based questions, language knowledge etc.|
|General Awareness and Reasoning||Static and current general knowledge, Indian Polity, Indian History and Geography, International Events, United Nations, Sports, Environmental News, Awards and Achievements and Major Changes happening in Politics. Reasoning includes topics such as Number Series, Alphabet Series, Linear Arrangements, Circular Arrangements, Direction Sense, Blood Relations, Syllogisms, and Critical Reasoning, etc.|
|Legal Aptitude||Torts, Law of Crimes, Indian Constitution, Contracts Law, Vicarious Liability, Strict Liability, Intellectual Property Rights, and International Laws, etc.|
LFAT 2021 Result and Cut-Off
Allahabad University will release LFAT 2021 Results in its official website, the tentative dates are yet not decided and will be notified soon. On the basis of the marks scored in the result, the merit list will be created for the shortlisted candidates, who will move further for the counselling process that will be held offline in the university campus. Remember the selection is strictly on the basis of the marks scored by the candidate.
Candidates are advised to check the official website of the university for further updates.
The steps to check the result is given below:
- Visit the official website of LFAT 2021, and go to the result page.
- Login with your candidate credentials and you can view your LFAT 2021 score card.
- You can download and take a print out of your result for future references
There is a minimum Cut-Off percentage that is defined by the university which the candidate has to adhere to. The % depends on the category of the candidate concerned and is as follows:
|Category||Percentage of Marks||Cut Off Marks|
|SC||No minimum %||152|
|ST||No minimum %||116|
LFAT 2021 Counselling Procedure
Candidates scoring high in the exam will be given the preference over others. Exam authorities will conduct counselling for the preferred candidate who are strictly shortlisted on the basis of the marks scored in LFAT 2021.
- Score Card of LFAT 2021
- Admit Card of LFAT 2021
- Class 10th Board Certificate
- Mark list of Class 12th
- Migration/ Transfer Certificate from the board you previously studied
- Conduct Certificate from the Head of institution you previously studied
- Sports/ NCC/ PH certificate, if applicable
- Caste/ Category certificate, for candidates applied under reservation categories
- Proof of Income of parents
- Any Identity Proof (Aadhar, Passport etc.)
- Passport size photographs of the candidate.
LFAT 2021 FAQs
Ques. Will LFAT 2021 be held online or offline?
Ans. LFAT 2021 will be conducted offline by the university.
Ques. I am from the SC/ST category. What is the application fee I have to pay for LFAT 2021?
Ans. The SC/ST candidate has to pay INR 800 for LFAT 2021.
Ques. What is the minimum cut off % for LFAT 2021?
Ans. The minimum cut off depends according to the category of the candidate concerned.
- For General Category it is 30%
- For OBC it is 27%
- There is no minimum % for SC/ST candidates.
Ques. Where can I download my LFAT 2021 Admit card?
Ans. The candidate will be able to download the LFAT 2021 Admit card from the university official website.
Ques. What is the minimum % for eligibility in LFAT 2021?
Ans. The minimum % of eligibility for General candidates is to have 455 in class 12th and for OBC it is 42%, for SC/ST it is 40% respectively.
Ques. I am a general candidate do I need to give my caste certificate?
Ans. It is necessary for the candidates who need to avail fee concession/ scholarship based on the category. General category candidates need not submit caste certificate
Ques. On what basis the candidate will be shortlisted for LFAT 2021 counselling process?
Ans. The candidate will be shortlisted strictly on the basis of marks scored in LFAT 2021.
Ques. Will LFAT 2021 application be online or offline?
Ans. LFAT 2021 application form process will be online.
Check the detailed LFAT 2021 Application Form Process
Ques. Is there any negative marking in LFAT 2021?
Ans. Yes, the candidate will get deduction of 1/3rd marks in the section 1 & 2 and 2/3rd marls ins section 3
Ques. What are the sections I need to focus on to secure admission through LFAT 2021?
Ans. The candidate needs to focus on Three sections:
- Language Comprehension
- General Awareness and current Affairs
- Logical Reasoning and Legal Aptitude
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.