MICAT II 2019 Result (Announced), Scorecard, Cut off & Counselling
Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad has released MICAT II Admit Card on February 4. Candidates can download their admit card by using application number and Date of Birth from the official website.
Latest Update: MICAT II Result 2019 has been declared on February 19, 2019. To check your score Click Here
MICA Admission Test (MICAT 2019) is organized by Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad, for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Communications (PGDM-C). Nearly 8000 students register each year to compete against a total of 180 seats. Registration process is closed now.
MICAT is held twice a year (MICAT I and MICAT II). The exam conducted in three stages:
- Stage 1: CAT/ XAT/GMAT
- Stage 2: MICAT II 2019, scheduled for February 09, 2019. Check MICAT Exam Pattern
- Stage 3: GE & PI
|MICAT Eligibility Criteria||MICAT Admit Card||MICAT 2019 Syllabus|
#What's New In MICAT 2019 –
- The fee for the application form of MICAT 2019 has increased to INR 1985. Last year it was INR 1965.
- Eight new exam centres of MICAT have been added. This year the test will be conducted at 48 MICAT exam centres 2019 while last year, the exam was conducted in 39.
MICAT 2019 Highlights
|MICAT Full Form||MICA Admission Test|
|Type||National Level Screening Test|
|Periodicity||Twice a year|
|Course||PGDM-C (Graduate Diploma in Management – Communication)|
|Conducted by||Mudra Institute of Communication Ahmedabad|
|MICAT Eligibility||Minimum 50% in bachelor’s degree|
|MICA Contact Details||02717 308 250 | email@example.com|
MICAT 2019 Exam Dates
All official dates for MICAT 2019 are given below. Make sure you do not miss upon any of these:
|Event||Date (MICAT- II)||Date (MICAT-I)|
|MICAT 2019 Registration star||December 20, 2018||August 24, 2018|
|MICAT 2019 Registration end date||January 30, 2019||November 20, 2018|
|MICAT Admit Card/ Call letter||February 4, 2019||November 26, 2018|
|MICAT 2019 entrance exam||February 9, 2019||December 1, 2018|
|MICAT 2019 Result||February 19, 2019||December 18, 2018|
|Announcement date for candidates shortlisted for GE and PI||February 19, 2019|
|GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkata||March 7, 8, 9, 2019|
|GE & PI at MICA Ahmedabad||March 12, 13, 2019|
|GE & PI at Bangalore & Mumbai||March 16, 17 and 18, 2019|
|Announcement of final MICAT 2019 Result||March 25, 2019|
MICAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree, with the 10+2+3 system, or an equivalent qualification from a recognized university or by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- They must also have valid scores of any one of the national level management test, namely, CAT, XAT or GMAT to be eligible.
- Students in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for the test.
- Foreign Nationals/ NRI’s need to have a valid GMAT Score (600+) taken after 2012 and a passport.
Read More MICAT 2019 Eligibility
MICAT 2019 Registration
Registration for MICAT 2 will open in November. The application process is to be completed online.
How to apply for MICAT?
- Visit the official website of MICA
- Click on the link ‘MICAT 2019 Registration’
- Fill details such as Applicant name, mobile number, email address, security code and agree to the terms & conditions
- Note down your User Id and Password
- Login as “existing user” and fill the application form
- Details in the form include Personal details, postal address, education details, experience details, test city, upload a photograph in the requisite format & size.
- Submit your MICAT application form and pay the application fee
- Take a print out of the submitted form and keep it safe for future reference
MICAT Application Fee 2019
MICAT Registration will be complete once you pay the application fee. It is the same for all categories. Details of MICAT Application Fee are given below:
MICAT Application Fee
Mode of payment
Deposit the fee in cash against the SBI challan at any nearest SBI branch
Through DD, drawn in favor of “MICA” payable at Ahmedabad
MICAT 2019 Admit Card
MICAT 2 admit card can be downloaded fromFebruary 4, 2019. MICAT 2019 Admit Card is available in online mode only. The steps to download the admit card of MICAT is given below:
- Visit the official website of MICAT.
- Log-in using registered id and password which was auto-generated during the registration process.
- Click on the admit card link.
- Enter your application number and Date of Birth
- MICAT 2019 Admit Card will be displayed on the desktop.
- Download the Admit Card and take its printouts for further use.
MICAT Exam Centers 2019
The list of MICAT Exam Cities is given below:
|Uttar Pradesh||Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, Noida|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore,|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|Maharastra||Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panjim, Pune|
MICAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The next session of MICAT is scheduled December. The exam is held online in two sessions. The question paper is divided into 3 main parts. MICAT Exam Pattern is given below for your reference:
|Parts||Sections||No. of Questions||Time Allotted|
Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
MICAT Marking Scheme 2019
The total marks of the MICAT paper are not declared by MICA. There is no negative marking for Section 1 and Paper 1 of Section 2. Paper 2 and Paper 3 have 25 percent negative marking in case of wrong answers.
MICAT 2019 Result
- MICAT 2019 result will be declared two times, once after the MICAT written test and second after the GD & PI rounds.
- The result for MICAT-I will be released on December 18, 2018 and for MICAT-II on February 19, 2019.
- The MICAT 2019 Result can be viewed through online mode. On the basis of written result, candidates will be called for further admission rounds.
How to Check MICAT Result?
- Log on to the official website of MICAT
- Enter your MICA ID and Password
- Click on Result tab
- Enter your Roll Number, Date of Birth and Application number
- MICAT Score Card will be displayed on the computer screen
- Download it for further use.
MICAT Result – Previous Year Trend
|Total registrations for MICAT-1 2017||4453|
|Total registrations for MICAT-2 2017||4518|
|Candidates shortlisted for GE/PI 2017||716|
MICAT Cutoff 2019
MICA does not declare an official cutoff for PGDMC. Final selection will be reached upon by calculating the composite score based on 50% of CAT/XAT/GMAT and 50% MICAT score. MICAT cutoff 2019 might range between 59-61. The expected MICAT Cutoff 2019 is given below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Sectional Cut offs/Number of questions to attempt|
|Psychometric Test||35||All questions are mandatory|
|Verbal Ability||25||15 - 16|
|Quantitative Ability||25 - 27||7 - 8|
|General Awareness||25||6 - 7|
|Divergent-Convergent Reasoning||30||9 - 10|
|Overall||140 - 144||59 - 61|
MICAT 2019 Selection Procedure
The selection process of PGDM-C involves three steps:
- Step 1- A candidate has to take at least one of these three exams- CAT (2018), XAT (2019) and GMAT (2017).
- Step 2- Candidates will have to appear for the institute’s entrance exam- MICAT. They will be assessed upon Psychometric (P), Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QADI), General awareness (GA), Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT), and Descriptive Test (DT).
- Step 3- Based on their performance in the MICA Admission Test (MICAT), candidates are shortlisted for Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI). The selection rounds will be held in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
Final Merit List
MICAT Merit List is prepared on the following basis:
*Shortlisted candidates will be called for GE and PI at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
More About MICAT
What is MICAT Exam?
MICAT or MICA Admission Test is the gateway to the flagship programme of MICA- PGDMC. The course is equivalent to an MBA degree. The programme focuses on Strategic Marketing and Communication.
The following specializations are offered in the second year of the Programme:
- Advertising & Brand Management,
- Digital Communication Management,
- Marketing Analytics,
- Media & Entertainment Management,
- Development Management & Social Enterprise
The single most important aspect that makes MICA stand apart from other management schools in the country is the strength and design of its curriculum. The specializations in the curriculum are continuously updated based on feedback from alumni and faculty.
Educational Background of Students of PDGM-C
Interestingly, most students of PGDM-C have an engineering background (49%). This is followed by Management (28%) abd Commerce (12%).
Work Experience of Students of PGDM-C
Most candidates enrolling in PGDM-C do not hold any prior work experience (39%). This is followed by candidates with 13-24 months of experience (28%). Candidates with an experience of 61-72 months is mere 1%.
Scholarships at MICA
MICA started offering scholarships from 2014 onwards. This was to encourage the students of lower income groups to apply to MICA and its programmes. MICA Scholarships at are awarded based on the students overall academic performance and family income.
The criterion for selection is based on:
- Students academic performance and class attendance record
- Family Background
- Family Income not exceeding Rs. 5 lacs per annum
- Scrutiny of Income-Tax Returns and Bank Statements of previous years
- Other achievements
The Selection Process involves:
- Notification & Announcement among students inviting applications
- Preliminary scrutiny of applications and financial documents by a Special Committee
- Interview & Interaction with the shortlisted students
- Final recommendation of candidates to Director with comments
- Official notification of the final selected students
In all 11 Scholarships are awarded which include 5 from the PGDM(C) – 1st Year, 5 from the PGDM(C) 2nd Year and 1 from the CCC programme. Each account for 30% of the annual fees per student in the programme. The total funds set aside for this noble cause is INR 20-25 lacs with each of the 11 students chosen standing to receive INR 2.00/2.25 lacs (approx.) by way of scholarship.
MICAT 2019 FAQs
Ques. If I gave MICAT I exam in December 2018, then do I have to write MICAT II also, or only one exam is valid?
Ans. No, you do not have to appear for MICAT II as both the exams are qualifying nature exams and you have to write either one of them.
Ques. It is heard that MICAT II exam date is shifting because of the clash with the SNAP exam date, it is true?
Ans. No, there is no change in the exam date.
Ques. I could not write MICAT I because of the clash with the SNAP exam, but I want to write MICAT II. Is there a provision to adjust my application fee from MICAT I to MICAT II?
Ans. No, the fee will not be adjusted in any case. You have to pay the application fee again at the time of MICAT Registration.
Ques. I am from Dubai (NRI). Do I have to give MICAT exam, or is GMAT score enough for my selection in MICA?
Ans. GMAT score from 2017 and onwards is accepted but you have to appear for the MICA entrance exam, as GMAT exam score is considered only for the top 10% on the spot admission letter selection.
Ques. I have completed high school from California. My family then came to India, and now I have done my graduation from India, so does that meet the 10+2+3 eligibility criteria or not?
Ans. Yes, it does meet the MICA eligibility criteria, you can write the MICA II exam.
Ques. For an NRI, how much GMAT score required to be considered eligible for MICAT?
Ans. GMAT score is must be more than 600, but this is of qualifying nature only. You need to write MICAT and your performance in MICAT will be the basis of your selection.
Ques. If I apply from OBC quota, will I get some discount in the application fee?
Ans. There is no provision of OBC quota in MICAT, the application fee of INR 1985 has to be paid uniformly by all the candidates irrespective of the background details.
Ques. If I fail in the descriptive test, will I be evaluated for a Psychometric test or not?
Ans. No, if you fail in the descriptive exam, then you will not be evaluated for the psychometric exam, as the descriptive exam is the basis of the examination.
Ques. What is the marking scheme for the descriptive section in MICAT exam?
Ans. There is no negative marking for the descriptive type question, but marks will be awarded on the basis of the answer written by the candidate.
Ques. Can I place a request for a new MICAT test center for myself, as I am physically challenged and cannot travel long distance?
Ans. No, there is no provision for placing a request for test center in MICAT you must report to the test center allotted by the authorities on the basis of the choices given by you.
Ques. What is the minimum MICAT I cut off for admission in 2019?
Ans. There is no minimum cut off declared by MICAT. But if this is released, then we will update it on our website.
Ques. My MICAT score card is not clear, whom to contact?
Ans. You can contact the authorities at the helpline details given:
Gujarat - 380 058, India
Contact Number: +91 2717 308250
Ques. Is there any other way to check the selection process is complete, apart from the MICA 2019 rank list?
Ans. No, you need to wait and the final result will be announced for the GE-PI round on March 1, 2019. The students who qualify will have their name in the allotment list released by the institute.
Ques. Is there a possibility that if I fail by 0.5% in my GE round, I can appear again for the GE round?
Ans. There is no possibility of a second invitation for GE round to any candidate. Otherwise, if the management sees an edge in your performance, so there is a fluke chance for a re-invitation for GE.
Ques. If I clear the overall cut off defined for objective MICA exam and fail in the psychometric exam, will I be eligible for the selection process?
Ans. No, candidates have to qualify all the stages of the MICA entrance exam, else they are not entitled for selection.
Ques. How many seats are offered in Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Communications (PGDM-C) programme?
Ans. There are 180 seats offered in PGDM-C programme for the year 2019-2020.
Ques. I am not happy with my MICAT I exam result, can I appear for MICA II test?
Ans. Yes, you can write the MICA II exam.
Ques. If I write MICA II exam, will my MICA I result will become invalid?
Ans. No, it will not be invalid, the best among the two will be considered as your final score. So, this is a plus point for all the MICA test takers.
Ques. What is the weightage of CAT/XAT/GMAT score in the MICA score calculation?
Ans. 50% weight is given to CAT/XAT/GMAT score while the calculation of the composite score.
Ques. What is the date of release of the final MICA result?
Ans. The final date of release of the MICA result is March 25, 2019.
Ques. What are my chances of getting admission in MICAT?
Ans. Only 1/10th of the total students who appear for the MICAT entrance test are finally selected.
Ques. Can I use MICAT I admit card for MICAT II exam as my signature is blurred on the admit card?
Ans. No, you cannot take the MICAT II exam with the MICAT I admit card. You must ask the authorities about issuing a new admit card.
Ques. Do I have to carry an original copy of the admit card at the exam center?
Ans. Yes, you have to carry an original copy of MICAT admit card.
Ques. I had downloaded MICAT admit card but I lost it, now the admit card download window has closed. How can I get a duplicate copy?
Ans. The admit card download window has closed but you can email at the helpdesk details for the duplicate copy.
Ques. When is the MICAT II admission test scheduled to take place?
Ans. MICAT II is scheduled to take place on February 9, 2019.
Ques. If I become unwell on the exam date, can I request for change of test date of MICAT like we have it in NMAT?
Ans. No, there is no provision of change of test date in MICA. All students must write the test on the same date.
Ques. Is there a sectional cut off defined for the Descriptive test in MICAT?
Ans. No, there is no sectional cut off defined as it is of qualifying nature only. But further clarity, contact the authorities.
Ques. On what basis is the final composite score (FCS) created?
Ans. CAT/XAT/GMAT 20%; MICAT 30%; GE 20%; PI 30%; (Scaled Scores will be used for MICAT)
Ques. Will GE and PI be conducted at all the exam centers of MICAT or only a few?
Ans. GE and PI will be conducted at only Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
Ques. Can I pay MICAT application fee by check?
Ans. No, in offline mode only, application fee can be paid by DD. The same must be drawn in favor of “MICA” payable at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College