NCHMCT JEE Exam Pattern 2021 is released by National Testing Agency (NTA) along with the official notification to let candidates know about the marking scheme, marks distribution, syllabus, and section weightage. This year, NCHM JEE 2021 will be conducted on June 12, 2021, in online CBT mode. NCHMCT JEE Registration 2021 has commenced and the last date to register is May 10, 2021. Check NCHMCT JEE 2021 Application Form
- NCHMCT JEE is a 200 marks paper that consists of 200 objective types multiple-choice questions.
- Question paper is divided into 5 parts namely Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude, Reasoning and Logical Deduction, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, English Language and Aptitude for Service Sector.
- 4 mark will be provided to students for every correct mark whereas 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- It is a 3-hour long examination which is conducted in both Hindi and English.
- The marking scheme of Service Sector Aptitude section remains different from the other sections. The marks are awarded according to the most appropriate answer.
- It is advised that the students must reach the exam center half an hour before the examination start
NCHMCT JEE 2021 Highlights
NCHMCT JEE will be divided into 5 sections which comprise of 200 questions total. It is a 3-hour long MCQ based examination with objective type questions to attempt.
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Number of Papers||1|
|Number of Sections||5 (Language, Numerical Ability, General Language Reasoning and Logical Deduction, and Aptitude for Service Sector.)|
|Question Paper Type||MCQ (objective type)|
|NCHMCT JEE 2021 Total Marks||200|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Exam Language||Hindi and English Both|
- NCHMCT requires 5 different streams of subjects to be studied and English as a compulsory subject to be studied in the educational background.
- A pen and paper test in both Hindi and English.
- The examination contains objective type questions based on the latest syllabus.
- The type of question varies from section to section. Here are the type of questions that will be asked in all the sections:
- Numerical Ability and Analytical aptitude- Candidates must study topics of numerical ability. Basic mathematics questions are asked.
- Reasoning and Logical Deduction- Simple to work out. Always be calm and focused using your logical ability to solve the problems
- General Knowledge and current affairs- GK asked from around the world and the country. Read good GK books and newspaper for solving this section.
- English Language- Good command over English is required for this section.
- Aptitude for Service Sector- It is suggested to go through previous years question papers. Easy questions that can be solved with practice.
Section wise weight-age
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude||30||30|
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||30||30|
|General Language and Current Affairs||30||30|
|Aptitude for Service Sector||50||50|
NCHMCT JEE question paper comprises of 200 questions and for each correct answer, the candidate is awarded 4 marks. There will be a negative marking of 1 marks for every wrong answer. 0.05 marks can be deducted for every unanswered question.
Marking scheme for Service Sector Aptitude section of the question paper will be done differently. Marking scheme for it is as follows-
- Correct Answer Four mark: +4
- Incorrect Answer Minus one mark: -1
- Unanswered/Marked for Review: No mark (0)
NCHMCT JEE is an aptitude test for Hotel Management and Catering Technology. It can be cracked easily by solving previous years question papers to gain knowledge and make each section strong. Here is the syllabus for all the topics that are asked in the exam:
Numerical Ability Syllabus
|Number system||H.C.F and L.C.M||Averages|
|Square roots cube roots||Problems of Trains||Logarithm|
|Elementary Mathematics||Time and Distance||Problem on Ages|
|Arithmetic||Time and Work||Boats and Streams|
|Fractions and decimals||Work and Ages||Clocks and Calendars|
|Area and parameter of plain figures||Variation||Mixtures and Allegations|
|Volume and Surface are of solid||Simplification||Pipes and Cisterns|
|Discounts||Chain Rule||Races and Games|
|Mensuration- Areas and Volumes||Ratio and Proportion||Simple Interest and Compound Interest|
|Partnerships||Profit and Loss||Percentage|
|Verbal Series and Nonverbal series||Code and Decoding||Routes and Networks|
|Complex Arrangements||Problems based on Symmetry||Analytical Reasoning|
|Analogies||Problem based on Visual-Ability||Direction and Distances|
|Classification||Ordering and Sequencing||Linear Arrangements|
|Symbols and Notations||Blood Relationships||-|
General Knowledge Syllabus
|Sports||Scientific Research||Important days|
|History||Indian Constitution||General Politics|
|Culture||Countries and Capitals||Science- Inventions and Discoveries|
|Abbreviations||Knowledge of Current Events||India and Its Neighboring Countries|
|Economic scene||International Current Affairs||National Current Affairs|
|Sentence correction||Synonyms||Error correction|
|Passage Completion||Antonyms||Theme Detection|
|Sentence completion||Conclusion||Fill in the Blanks|
|Subject-Verb Agreement||Passage Correction||Unseen Passages|
|Idioms and Phrases||-||-|
Given below are few reference books for every subject included in NCHMCT JEE 2021.
|Subject Name||Book Name||Authors|
|General Knowledge and Scientific Aptitude section||Manorama Year Book 2021||K.M Mathew and M. Mathew|
|Pratiyogita Darpan||Upkar Prakashan|
|Pearson India Yearbook||Thrope|
|Lucent’s GK||Vinay Karana|
|Competition Review Yearbook 2021||Disha Experts|
|Arihant General Knowledge 2021||Manohar Pandey|
|Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude||30 day’s wonder Math’s||S CHAND|
|Quantitative Aptitude||RS Aggarwal|
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||Quantitative Aptitude question papers for banks and other government entrance exams||-|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal reasoning||RS Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude E-book||RS Aggarwal|
|MK PANDEY||MK Pandey|
|Verbal Reasoning Book||RS Agarwal|
|501 Challenging Logical Reasoning Practice Book||-|
|English Language||Wren and Martin||P.C Wren|
|Arihant General English for all Competitive Exams||S.C Gupta|
|TATA McGraw-Hill||Rajiv Mehrishi|
|Aptitude for Service Sector||R Gupta’s Book for Hotel Management||RPH Editorial Board|
|Arihant study package for Hotel Management and Hospitality Administration||Arihant Experts|
|Hotel Management Entrance exam Guide||Gladvin Rego|
|How to prepare for hotel Management entrance Examination||Thrope|
|Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide||Dr. R P Datson|
|Ramesh hotel management entrance exam guide||RPH Editorial|
|10 mock test for hotel management entrances||Dharmendra Mittal|
|Hotel Management Entrance Exam guide||Jawahar Book center|
|Hotel Management Catering Technology||VVK Subburaj|
NCHMCT JEE 2021 is a pen and paper test so the candidates are advised to take along good quality ballpoint pen to avoid smudging
- Candidates should outline the circle of their desired answer on their OMR sheet so as to avoid unnecessary spillage of ink outside the answer sheet.
- Students should fill the circles carefully to avoid confusion between the answers as the OMR sheets are corrected by OMR form reader software.
- Candidates are supposed to reach the examination center 30 minutes before the allotted time with their Admit cards as a must.
- Exam duration is for 3 hours
- Avoid gel pens and fountain pens. Multiple markings are invalid.
- Do not make any stray marks on the OMR sheet. Do not fold it as well.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.