SLIET SET 2020 Exam Pattern, Mode, Total Questions and Marking Scheme
SLIET SET is an entrance exam conducted for admission to various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Certificate and PhD program. This year, SLIET SET 2020 for SET-I/SET-IA/SET-III will be conducted on June 2 and July 7 for SET-V in offline mode.
- The duration of SET-I/SET-IA/SET-III was 150 minutes and total marks were 150 marks.
- SET-V will beof 100 marks and time duration was 60 minutes.
- For each incorrect answer, ¼ marks were deducted for SET-I/SET-IA/SET-III. There was no negative marking for SET-V.
- The exam consisted of objective type questions from english, general knowledge, mental aptitude, mathematics, physics, chemistry and basics of engineering sections.
The exam conducted for admission to various programmes tabulated below:
|Course Name||Entrance Test|
|3 – year ICD Programme||SET-I|
|ICD – Lateral Entry||SET-1A|
|B.E.(4 Year)||JEE(Main) – 2020/SET|
|M. Tech Programme||Valid GATE Score/SET|
|M.B.A.||Score corresponding year Valid GATE/CAT/CMAT2020/SET|
|M.Sc.||CCMN/PU-CET (PG)- 2020/JAM2020/CUCET-2020/SET|
|Ph.D. ( Full Time)||SET-V|
Admission to B.E. (4 Year), M. Tech., M.B.A. and M.Sc. programmes is based on the following information below:
Note: In case, the seats remain vacant in any of the above programmes the institute conducts its own entrance test at SLIET SET only.
SLIET SET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates who will appear for SLIET SET 2020 should be aware of exam pattern in order to answer correctly on the day of examination. Given below is the course wise paper pattern:
For 3 – year ICD, ICD – Lateral Entry and B.E. – Lateral Entry Courses:
- There is only 1 paper of 150 minutes.
- Exam is of 150 marks.
- There are Multiple Choice Questions with four options having only one single correct answer.
- SET I – The question paper is divided into six sections viz. English, General Knowledge, Mental Aptitude, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- SET IA and III – The question paper is divided into seven sections viz. General Knowledge, Mental Aptitude, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Basics of Engineering
The exam duration is of 120 minutes and the question paper have 100 questions of one mark each. There is no negative marking for SET-V (PhD Programm).
SLIET SET 2020 Marking Scheme
SLIET follows negative marking policy for SET I, IA and III, whereas there is no negative marking for SET-V.
For every incorrect answer, 1/4 of the total marks allotted to the question is deducted. There is negative marking if he/she has not answered a question and left it blank.
- For SET I, IA and III, candidates are awarded 1 mark for each correct answer and 1/4 of the marks allotted to the question are deducted from the total scored marks if the attempt for that question is wrong. There is no negative marking if he/she has not answered a question and left it blank.
- For Set-V, 1 mark is awarded for each correct answer while no marks are deducted for the wrong answer.
- It is mandatory for the aspirants to use ball pen(blue/black) only, for all the entries in the OMR Answer sheet including the filling of bubbles. If there is more than one answer bubbled against a question, it will be considered as incorrect response and will be awarded negative marks.
SLIET SET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can follow the table for an outline of the SLIET SET 2020 syllabus.
|Integrated Certificate Diploma Programme (SET I and IA)||English, General Knowledge, Mental Aptitude, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
|B.E (Lateral entry)(SET III)||General Knowledge, Mental Aptitude, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Basics of Engineering|
|M. Tech Programme(SET IV)|
Admission for M. Tech is through CCMT 2020 and the syllabus follows the CCMT guidelines. Candidates are advised to visit the CCMT website for more details.
|MBA Programme(SET IV)||Admission for MBA is offered to students with a valid GATE or CAT 2020 score.|
|M. Sc Programme(SET IV)||Admission for M. Sc is through CCMN 2020 and the syllabus follows the CCMN guidelines. Candidates are advised to visit the CCMN website for more details.|
|Ph.D Programme(SET-V)||The syllabus varies depending on the stream in which the candidate is choosing the Ph.D programme.|
These are some important instructions for SLIET SET 2020 Exam that candidates should follow.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the test center other than that allotted to him/her in the Admit Card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination whose Hall Ticket is not issued by the SLIET.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination center/hall after the commencement of examination.
- Candidates are advised to bring a valid Photo Identity card(in original) along with their printout of SLIET 2020 Admit Card on the day of examination.
- Do not deface, distort, mutilate or damage the OMR Sheet. It should be kept in the excellent conditions.
- Any kind of tampering in the OMR Sheet may lead to the direct disqualification.
- The candidate should follow the instructions given by the invigilators in the examination room
- Candidates should not indulge in any argument with the invigilators or other staff involved in the examination duty at the examination center.
- The candidate should neither talk to each other nor discuss any matter during the examination.
- The candidate should not disturb other candidates in the examination room and maintain complete silence during the examination.
- Candidates are not permitted to carry any electronic device and study material at examination hall like (Mobile, Bluetooth, Pager, watch, test series, books, model papers, etc.)
- The decision of Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology shall be final in all matters.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College