TANATA is the state level entrance examination conducted by Anna University. TANATA 2021 will be testing the aptitude of candidates seeking admission into B.Arch. degree program to various colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu.
The criterion for each institute is different. Aspirants must ensure that they meet TANATA 2021 Eligibility before applying for the exam. Interested and eligible must submit their application form as per the scheduled date. Government Quota seats at Anna University is filled on the basis of the marks obtained in 10+2 exam and in NATA. If seats are vacant then it will be filled on the basis of the marks acquired in 10+2 exam and JEE Main Paper 2 exam. Candidates should have completed their 10+3 diploma in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics. Or they should have passed International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics. Also, they must have completed ten years of schooling.
TANATA 2021 Registration will be carried through the official website of Anna University, Chennai i.e. www.annauniv.edu. The candidate will be required to register himself/herself by creating your user id and password. After doing the registration, fill up the application form by entering all relevant details. Uploading the necessary documents and scanning the photograph will be required.
After the successful registration candidate will be able to download TANATA 2021 Admit Card. The university will release the admit card through online mode. The admit card is one of the most important things. If in any case candidate losses it then the university will not provide the duplicate admit card. Without TANATA Admit Card 2021 candidates will not be allowed to sit in the entrance exam. He/she is also required to carry one id and 1 passport size photograph. For downloading it, the candidate will have to submit a few details such as registration number and password. After that, it will be downloaded.
TANATA 2021 Results will be declared on the official website of Anna University. The result will be available in the two formats i.e. Marks acquired out of 200 and in each component, and Merit listing - unique based on marks and tie breaking rules
TANATA 2021 counselling procedure will be conducted in offline mode. Shortlisted candidates will be required to report for TANATA counselling procedure on the given date and time in person. They will be required to carry all the originals and photocopies of all relevant documents. Candidates need to pay the TANATA 2021 counselling fee as well. TANATA 2021 counselling process will include steps like registration for counselling, document verification, and final seat allotment. Any candidate who fails to verify the process will not be considered for the final seat allotment. Allotment of seats will be based on the TANATA merit rank of the candidate and also choices opted for admission.
TANATA 2021 Exam will be divided into two parts. Part A includes Mathematics & General Aptitude while Part B includes the drawing section. Time Duration is of 3 Hours (180 Minutes). There will be no negative marking in TANATA Exam.
The complete details of TANATA 2021 is mentioned below. Collegedunia has provided application form filling process, eligibility details, application fee, exam pattern, syllabus, exam dates, etc on this single page, so candidates are required to read it before applying for the registration process.
TANATA 2021 Highlights
Exam Known As
Mode of Exam
Medium of Exam
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com (or) 044-2235 7360
TANATA 2021 Exam Dates
TANATA 2020 Events Name
TANATA 2020 registration form will availability
First week of July 2021
Last date for submission of the TANATA 2020 registration form
Last week of July 2021
TANATA 2020 admit card will be announced
First week of August 2021
TANATA 2020 entrance exam date
Second week of August 2021
TANATA 2020 result release date
Third week of August 2021
TANATA 2020 counseling procedure dates
Last week of August 2021
TANATA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for TANATA 2021 Exam, all candidates must be aware of the TANATA Eligibility Criteria set by the conducting body. It is compulsory for all the candidate to meet the eligibility criteria to apply for the application form. After clearing the eligibility criteria applicant can apply for the application form. Here are the eligibility criteria:
- A minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects is required.
- A candidate should have acquired a 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Govts with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics
- An International Baccalaureate Diploma passed after 10 years of Schooling with 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of the examination is also required.
TANATA Application Form 2021
Applicants who are qualified according to the requirements set out by the authority will be able to fill TANATA 2021 application form via online mode. Applicants are advised to include genuine information when filling out the form. The complete process of the TANATA 2021 application form is given below:
- Online registration: Applicants needed to enter their email ID, name, gender, and mobile number for online registration. When the registration process is completed, the candidates will be given their login ID and password.
- Filling of application form: Applicants are required to visit the website of the authority and access the application form. They needed to fill in the details like personal, educational, and communication in the application form. Apart from this, the applicants choose the test center from the list of options. Note that in case of any fake information given by the candidates, the authority could reject the candidature at the time of scrutiny of documents.
- Uploading of documents: The applicants are required to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature in JPEG or JPG format.
- Application fee payment: Finally, the candidates paid the application fee through online mode. They used their net banking, debit, or credit card to make the payment.
- Application form submission: After fee payment, the applicants will be asked to recheck the application form of TANATA 2021 and then they submit the same online.
Application fee details
Application fee (INR)
SC or SCA or ST applicants of Tamil Nadu
TANATA 2021 Admit Card
TANATA 2021 admit card will be released on the official website in the first week of August 2021 and the applicants will be asked to keep on checking for the same as no information will be sent to any of the applicants.
Given below is the information that helped the applicants to know more about the TANATA 2021 Admit card process.
- The university released the TANATA 2021 admit card just a few days in advance of the entrance exam.
- It is been made clear by the university that no TANATA 2021 Admit Card would be sent to the applicants which meant that the applicants will be responsible to get the TANATA 2021 admit card from the official website.
- The applicants have to use their registered credentials to download the TANATA 2021 admit card.
- After downloading the applicants printed the copy and pasted a passport size photo on TANATA 2021 Admit Card and are also asked to sign on the same.
- It is mandatory to carry the TANATA 2021 admit card to the exam center or else the applicant is not permitted to enter and give the entrance exam.
Details mentioned on TANATA 2021 Admit Card
The admit card contained the following information:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number of the candidate
- Course applied for
- Exam date
- Exam time
- Exam venue
- Student’s address
- Student’s phone number
TANATA 2021 Exam Centers
TANATA 2021 Examination will be conducted across 6 cities across the state of Tamil Nadu.
TANATA 2021 Exam Pattern
TANATA 2021 Entrance Test will be based on Pencil & paper. TANATA 2021 entrance will consist of two parts. Part A question paper consisted of 60 multiple-choice questions. Candidates are awarded two marks for each correct answer. Part B consisted of two drawing questions and the total time limit to attempt both parts is 180 minutes.
Candidates needed to mark the answers in the OMR sheets. It is mandatory for the aspirants to use pencil only, for all the entries in the OMR Answer sheet including the filling of bubbles. If there is more than one answer bubbled against a question, it will be considered as an incorrect answer.
Candidates can check below the distribution of sections and allotment of marks for the both the sections below:
Part A (First 90 minutes)
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks of Examination|
Note: Qualifying score in Part A is 30 marks out of 120
Part B (Last 90 minutes)
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks of Examination|
Note: Qualifying score in Part B is 20 marks out of 80
TANATA 2021 Syllabus
The TANATA 2021 syllabus always allowed applicants to know about TANATA 2021 entrance exam and to prepare accordingly. Here we have listed the subjects of TANATA 2021 syllabus that helped the applicants in preparation.
- Algebra Logarithms Matrices Trigonometry Coordinate Geometry
- 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry Theory of Calculus Permutation
- Combination Statistics and Probability
- Texture related to architecture and the built environment.
- Interpretation of pictorial compositions
- Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing.
- Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Analytical reasoning,
- Mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal),
- General awareness of national
- international architects
- Famous architectural creations.
- Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by.
- Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction, and contrapositive.
Sets and Relations:
- The idea of sets,
- subsets, power set,
- intersection and difference of sets,
- Venn diagram,
- De Morgan’s Laws,
- Relation and its properties.
- Equivalence relation (definition and elementary examples).
- Understanding of scale and proportion of objects,
- Geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, color texture, harmony, and contrast.
- Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory.
- Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract.
- Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces, and volumes.
- Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects.
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Perspective drawing.
- Sketching of urban-scape and landscape,
- Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment, etc., from memory.
TANATA 2021 Result
TANATA 2021 Results will be conducted in the third week of august and dates for its second paper is still awaited. The results will be declared online mode in the form of a score card. Candidates shortlisted based on their scores will be called for the counselling process. The result will contain the name, application number/roll number of the candidates selected for the admission process.
Steps to check the TANATA 2021 results.
- The applicants will have to go to the official website.
- Log in using the username and password received from the university at the time of registration.
- Click on the TANATA 2021 Results link.
- Enter the DOB (Date of Birth) and the roll number to open the TANATA 2021 Results document.
- Download the TANATA 2021 Results document and save it and also print the same as it will be needed in the future.
TANATA 2021 Cut off
It is very important for the applicants to achieve the TANATA 2021 Cut Off marks that have been kept for the TANATA 2021 in order to get admission in the B.Arch courses through Anna University.
The below list will help the applicants to understand the TANATA 2021 Cut Off marks criteria.
- Number of applicants
- Difficulty of paper
- Last Years’ Trends
- Available Seats
- Preparation of the Cut off for TANATA
Rules for the Preparation of TANATA Cut Off:
- Minimum marks that should be secured in Paper 1 should be 25%
- Minimum marks that should be secured in Paper 1 should also be 25%
TANATA 2021 Merit List
Anna University will publish a separate merit list for TANATA 2021 based on the candidates’ category chosen in the entrance test. Only those students who clear the cutoff marks will be considered to qualify for TANATA 2021 Counselling.
TANATA 2021 scores would be valid only for the admission to the B.Arch. programme under Management Quota and Government Quota Lapsed Seats. Ranking of the merit list will be in the descending order of total marks scored in the entrance exam. Separate Reserved category list will also be prepared.
TANATA 2021 Counselling
TANATA 2021 Counselling will begin after the announcement of results. Only those candidates who will be shortlisted in the TANATA 2021 Merit List will be eligible for the counselling process.
- TANATA 2021 counselling procedure will be conducted in offline mode
- Shortlisted candidates will have to report for TANATA counselling procedure on the given date and time in person
- They will be required to carry all the originals and photocopies of all relevant documents
- Candidates will need to pay the TANATA 2021 counselling fee as well
- TANATA 2021 counselling process will include steps like registration for counselling, document verification, and final seat allotment
- Candidates will have to mandatorily get their documents verified
- Any candidate who fails to verify the process will not be considered for the final seat allotment
- Allotment of seats will be based on the TANATA merit rank of the candidate and also choices opted for admission
Candidates shortlisted for the counselling rounds need to carry the following documents in original as well as two sets of photocopies:
- TANATA 2021 Rank card and Hall Ticket.
- Marks statements and Provisional/Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination
- Transfer and Conduct Certificates
- Class X and XII Pass Certificates
- Domicile Certificate
- Six Passport size photographs
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Passport, etc.)
- Category Certificate(if applicable)
- JEE Main 2021 Score Card or TANATA 2021 Result
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
No other person will be allowed to appear for the counselling and admission on behalf of the candidate.
Ques: What is the mode of TANATA 2021 application?
Ans: The candidates can fill the application form of TANATA 2021 through online mode only.
Ques: Is TANATA 2021 counselling conducted through online mode?
Ans: No, TANATA counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidates need to present at the venue.
Ques: What is the time duration of TANATA 2021 entrance exam?
Ans: Total time duration of the question paper will be three hours.
Ques: Will my TANATA 2021 score be valid outside Tamil Nadu?
Ans: No, your TANATA 2021 score will be valid for admission into architecture colleges within the state of Tamil Nadu.
Ques: How seat allotment process of TANATA 2021 takes place?
Ans: The candidates will be allotted seats for admission in various B. Arch courses on the basis of their marks in TANATA exam and ranking as per the merit list.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.