Table of Contents
JEE Advanced 2020 Seat Allotment (Started), JoSAA Cutoff, Counselling, Result, Admissions
JEE Advanced 2020 was conducted successfully on September 27, 2020, more than 1.60 lakh candidates registered for the entrance test held at 1,150 centers in 222 cities across the country. JoSAA has released JEE Advanced 2020 admission cut off in the form of opening and closing ranks for Round 1 and 2. Check Here
- JoSAA has released Seat Allotment Round 3 results on October 27, 2020. Check Here
- JEE Advanced 2020 Result released on October 5, 2020. Download JEE Advanced 2020 Scorecard
- Candidates who missed JEE Advanced 2020 to appear in JEE Advanced 2021 without qualifying JEE Main 2021. Read More
- AAT 2020 concluded successfully on October 8, result has been released on October 11, 2020. Check Here
- Chirag Falor secured AIR 1 with 352 Marks in JEE Advanced 2020. Check Complete Topper List
- JEE Advanced 2020 Question papers and Answer Keys have been released by IIT Delhi. Download Here
- B. Tech programme in Materials Engineering has been newly launched by IIT Delhi. Read More
Table of Content
- JEE Advanced Counselling
- JEE Advanced Cut Off
- JEE Advanced Result
- Predict your College
- JEE Advanced Answer Key
- JEE Advanced Question Papers
- JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
- Check JEE Advanced Syllabus
- Frequently Asked Questions
The exam will not be conducted in foreign countries, candidates of foreign origin can choose their exam cities in India. It is likely that authorities will increase JEE Advanced Exam Centers to ensure social distancing. IIT Delhi has announced that there will be no revision in JEE Advanced Syllabus, thereby refuting such claims being circulated on social platforms.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern consists of 2 compulsory papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2 of 3 hours duration each. Read the following article to know all the details about JEE (Advanced) 2020 such as important dates, eligibility, reservation criteria, pattern, syllabus, cutoff, admission process, and seat allotment. Also Read JEE Advanced 2020 - IIT Kharagpur’s Free JEE Preparation Module
JEE Advanced 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Advanced|
|Conducting Authority (2020)||IIT Delhi|
|Exam Medium||Hindi & English|
|Scope||Admission to Engineering and Architecture courses at 23 IITs|
|Maximum Attempts||Maximum two attempts in consecutive years|
INR 2800 for General
INR 1400 for Female and other reserved categories
|Eligibility||Top 2.50 Lakh JEE Main qualifying candidates are eligible to appear for the test.|
JEE Advanced 2020 Upcoming Events
|JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card Download Available||September 21 – 27, 2020 (Out)|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Date||September 27, 2020|
|Display of Candidate’s Responses||September 29 – 30, 2020|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||September 29, 2020 (Available)|
|Challenge JEE Advanced Answer Key||September 29 – October 1, 2020 (upto 12 Noon)|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Final Answer Key||October 5, 2020|
|JEE Advanced Result Declaration||October 5, 2020 (Out)|
IIT Delhi has released JEE Advanced 2020 revised brochure in hindi, as well. Download Here
About JEE Advanced 2020
JEE Advanced 2020 is a national-level entrance exam conducted for providing admissions in the engineering programs in IITs. The seven zonal IITs conduct the exam under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB) for admission into Bachelor’s, Integrated Masters and Dual Degree programs for all the IITs.
- JEE Advanced is the second phase of the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).
- Top 2, 50, 000 AIR holders from JEE Main are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced.
- JEE (Advanced) is conducted to fill 10,988 seats in 23 IITs and IISC Bangalore.
- JAB formed by the participating IITs is the regulatory body of JEE Advanced.
- JEE Advanced Paper 1 will start at 9.00 A.M. and end at 12 noon (IST).
- Paper 2 will be conducted from 2.30 P.M. to 5.30 P.M. (IST).
- Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) is conducted after the JEE Advanced test. Read More
JEE Advanced Counselling Procedure
JoSSA Counselling Registration and choice filling has befun from October 6 – 15, 2020. The counselling will be organized and managed by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) for admission to IITs & ISM Dhanbad. Check the stepwise JEE Advanced Counselling procedure is mentioned below.
Step 1- Registration
- Visit jeeadv.ac.in to register
- Enter your registration number, roll number, date of birth and password
Step 2- Online Choice Filling
- Log-in using your credentials to choose branch, course and institute
- Lock your final choices and take its printout
Step 3- Seat allotment
It will be divided into three categories namely,
- Based on Date of Birth (DOB)
- Percentage of disability
Step 4 – Allocation of Seats
- The final step in the counselling process is the allocation of seats. The allocation of seats will be done based on the seat matrix list provided by the participating colleges.
- All the details regarding the availability of seats in the participating institutes and cutoff will be updated on the official website of JoSSA
Note: In case, access to the JCOP (Counselling portal) is denied, call on the helpline number provided on the official website or submit an online request to JEE helpline (email@example.com)
JEE Advanced Cut off 2020
- JEE Advanced qualifying marks for inclusion in the rank list have been released by IIT Delhi. Students qualifying JEE Advanced 2020 Cut off will be considered eligible for admission in IITs. The minimum percentage of marks prescribed for inclusion in the rank list has been released along with the declaration of JEE Advanced Result.
- Only candidates who score the minimum prescribed marks in each subject and aggregate will be included in the rank list.
Here are the minimum percentage marks in each subject and minimum percentage of aggregate marks for 2020:
JEE Advanced 2020: Qualifying Marks
|Rank List||Minimum marks in each subject||Minimum aggregate marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||6||69|
|GEN-EWS rank list||5||62|
|OBC-NCL rank list||5||62|
|SC rank list||3||34|
|ST rank list||3||34|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL-PwD)||3||34|
|GEN-EWS-PwD rank list||3||34|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||3||34|
|SC-PwD rank list||3||34|
|ST-PwD rank list||3||34|
|Preparatory course rank list||0||10|
- Every institute that participates in the counselling by JOSAA in seat allotment releases its Opening and Closing Ranks.
- All the IITs, NITs, IIITs and other state level colleges those participating in the counselling release their rank lists individually.
JEE Advanced 2020: Criteria for inclusion in rank list
- JEE Advanced Qualifying cut off observed a dip in comparison to the last year.
- As per JEE Advanced 2020 cutoff, the minimum percentage marks in each subject is 5% to be included in the common rank list (CRL) while in 2019, candidates were required to secure 10% marks.
- The minimum aggregate percentage marks to be included in CRL were 25% last year while it is 17.50% in 2020.
|Category||Minimum Percentage of Marks in Each Subject||Minimum Percentage Aggregate Marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||5%||17.50%|
|GEN-EWS rank list||4.50%||15.75%|
|OBC-NCL rank list||4.50%||15.75%|
|SC rank list||2.50%||8.75%|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL)||2.50%||8.75%|
|GEN-EWS-PwD rank list||2.50%||8.75%|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||2.50%||8.75%|
|SC-PwD rank list||2.50%||8.75%|
|ST-PwD rank list||2.50%||8.75%|
|Preparatory course rank lists||0.75%||2.625%|
JEE Advanced Result 2020
JEE Advanced 2020 Result has been released on October 5, 2020. It can be viewed by logging-in with Registration Number, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email Address. JEE Advanced Result 2020 will be released in the form of a scorecard. With the scorecard, candidates can also check their AIR (All India Rank) and category-wise AIR. JEE Advanced scorecard will contain details of candidate’s score in Paper I and Paper II, along with his/ her score in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics.
JEE Advanced 2020 Toppers
Chirag Falor secured AIR 1 with 352 Marks in JEE Advanced 2020 while Kanishka Mittal secured the top position among female candidates. As per the Common Rank List, we have listed the top 10 toppers for JEE Advanced 2020 tabulated below.
Gangula Bhuvan Reddy
R Muhender Raj
Vedang Dhirendra Asgaonkar
Swayam Shashank Chube
JEE Advanced Score Calculation
- Candidates who have appeared for both the papers of JEE Advanced, will be considered for Common Rank List (CRL).
- Marks obtained in Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be taken while the rank is calculated by the concerned authorities. The example is mentioned below:
Marks obtained in Physics = Marks obtained in Paper 1 (Physics) + Marks obtained in Paper 2 (Physics)
- Similar method will be used for calculating total marks for Mathematics and Chemistry.
- The aggregate marks for JEE Advanced 2020 will be calculated using the following formula:
Aggregate Marks/Scores obtained in JEE Advanced = Aggregate marks in (Physics + Mathematics + Chemistry)
- The rank list of JEE Advanced 2020 will be prepared based on the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination.
- Only candidates who score the minimum prescribed marks in each subject and in aggregate will be included in the rank list.
JEE Advanced Tie Breaker Policy
If there is a clash between two or more candidates in terms of their aggregate marks, then the following tie resolving policy shall be used:
- Aspirants with higher positive ranks will be given a higher rank.
- Aspirants with greater marks in mathematics will be given a higher rank.
- Aspirants with greater marks in Physics will be given a higher rank.
- If the tie situation still continues, then it will be resolved by assigning the same ranks to the candidates.
JEE Advanced Answer Key 2020
IIT Delhi has released JEE Advanced Answer Key on September 29, 2020. Candidate response sheets have been released and can be accessed through the candidate portal. If there are any discrepancies, candidates can challenge the provisional answer keys till October 1, 2020. For every question to be reviewed, processing of INR 500 is charged which can be paid online. The final answer keys for JEE Advanced 2020 will be released on October 5, 2020.
|Subjects||Links ( Both – Paper 1 & 2)|
JEE Advanced 2020 Question Papers
JEE Advanced Question Papers for the 2020 session have been released by IIT Delhi. Candidates can download the section wise papers here:
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
- The exam will comprise 2 papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2 of 3 hours duration each.
- The question papers will be in English and Hindi languages.
- Each question paper will consist of 3 separate sections- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The questions will be 3 type-Multiple Choice Questions, Numerical Aptitude Type and Match the cases.
- The marking scheme will be provided in “Instructions to Candidates” at the time of examination.
There is no fixed pattern of the exam. Here, we have defined the JEE Advanced Exam Pattern based on the analysis of previous year question papers:
JEE Advanced Paper 1 Pattern:
|Pattern||Section 1||Section 2||Section 3|
|Question Type||1 or more correct options||Single-digit integer||Single option is correct|
|Number of Questions||7||5||6|
|Partial Marks (if the only correct answer is marked and no incorrect answer)||+1||No partial marking||No partial marking|
|Negative Marking||-2||No negative marking||-1|
JEE Advanced Paper 2 Pattern:
|Pattern||Section 1||Section 2||Section 3|
|Question Type||1 or more correct options||Single correct option||Single correct option|
|Number of Questions||7||7||4|
|Partial Marks (if the only correct answer is marked and no incorrect answer)||+1||No partial marking||No partial marking|
|Negative Marking||-2||-1||No negative marking|
Ques. Why does JEE Advanced Pattern change every year?
Ans. The question paper of JEE Advanced is set up by a team of expert professors from different IITs. The pattern is changed every year to bring out the best students. Also, the judging parameter cannot be the same for an increase in the number of engineering aspirants. As JEE (Advanced) is a top-notch UG engineering entrance examination for admission to elite colleges.
Ques. What is the pattern for AAT?
Ans. The test will be held in offline mode. The question paper is divided into 5 sections which must be completed in 3 hours. The language of the question paper will be set in English only.
JEE Advanced Syllabus
The exam conducting body releases syllabus of JEE Advanced every year. More or less, the syllabus is usually the same. There had been a buzz for a reduction in syllabus but IIT Delhi claimed that no such consideration will be made in future JAB meetings, and syllabus is going to remain the same. Students appearing for the exam can refer NCERT textbooks for class 11 and 12 for the exam syllabus.
|Physics||Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics, Modern Physics.|
|Chemistry||Gaseous and liquid states, Atomic structure and chemical bonding, Energetics, Chemical equilibrium¸ Electrochemistry¸ Chemical kinetics, Solid state, Solutions, Surface Chemistry, Nuclear Chemistry, Transition elements, Ores and minerals¸ Extractive metallurgy, Preparation, properties and reactions of alkanes, alkenes & alkynes, Reactions of benzene, Phenols, Carbohydrates, Amino acids and peptides.|
|Mathematics||Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Vectors.|
|AAT||Freehand drawing, Geometrical drawing, Three-dimensional perception, Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity, Architectural awareness.|
JEE Advanced Study Material
The difficulty level of JEE Advanced is higher as compared to JEE Main as it is the second stage of Joint Entrance Examination. Candidates will be tested not only their knowledge of fundamental concepts but their applications as well.
Download Previous Year Question Paper/Sample Papers
JEE Advanced Mock Test 2020
IIT Delhi has released JEE Advanced Mock Test in online mode, candidates can get a grip of pattern and difficulty level of the exam and increase their productivity level. The test is available for both Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates can access the mock test using their login credentials. Steps to access the JEE Advanced Mock Test are as follows:
- Click on the mock test link which will be present on the official website. The link will be redirected to a new page.
- Click on “Sign in” and the instructions for taking the test will appear. Select your preferred language.
- Click on “Next” and read the instructions carefully.
- Another page for important instructions will show up, you can proceed for the mock test now.
JEE Advanced 2020 – Zone-wise Statistics
|Zone||No. of Applicants (Appeared)||No. of Applicants (Absent)|
|-||Paper 1||Paper 2||Paper 1||Paper 2|
What’s New in JEE Advanced 2020
- JEE Advanced is conducted completely in online (computer-based) mode.
- The reservation for PwD candidates has increased from 3% to 5%.
- More emphasis will be given to cultural diversity in the selection process.
- 10,000 more candidates will be shortlisted from JEE Main.
- A total of 5 JEE Advanced Exam Centers must be chosen while filling the application form, earlier 3 could be chosen.
Difference b/w JEE Main and JEE Advanced
JEE Main is the eligibility test for appearing in JEE Advanced examination. Check the following differences between the two:
- Conducting Body: From 2020 onwards, JEE Main is conducted by NTA. But JEE Advanced is held by one of the seven Zonal Coordinating (ZC) IITs on a rotational basis, under the guidance of JAB every year. Know More About NTA
- Eligibility: Top 2.50 Lakh JEE Main qualifying candidates are eligible to appear for the test. NTA defines the JEE Main eligibility on specific criteria such as qualifying exams, passing marks, etc.
- Number of Attempts: A student can appear for JEE Main for 3 consecutive years while for JEE Advanced, he/she can appear for only 2 consecutive times.
- Exam Pattern: NTA defines the exam pattern for JEE Main, whereas there is no fixed pattern for JEE Advanced.
Eligibility for JEE Advanced 2020
Both Indian and foreign nationals (including OCI/PIO) are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2020. However, foreign candidates are not required to take JEE Main and may register for JEE Advanced directly.
- Performance in JEE Main 2020: Top 2, 50,000 All India Rank holders in JEE Main 2020.
- Age: Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1995. Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e. these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1990.
- Number of Attempts: Only 2 times in 2 consecutive years
- Appearance in Class 12 (or equivalent): Candidates should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2019 or 2020 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Earlier Admission at IITs:
- Students who rejected the seat of IIT earlier are not eligible to apply.
- Those who joined preparatory courses in any of the IITs in the previous academic sessions can also apply.
- And those who have paid the seat acceptance fee but still not accepted the seat are also eligible.
- Performance in Class 12 (or equivalent):
- This criteria has been dropped for this year.
- As per the criteria, minimum 75% marks in 10+2 or equivalent or they must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of qualified candidates in their particular 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- However, this year, due to cancellation of several class 12th board papers, admissions will be granted to those who qualify JEE Advanced 2020 irrespective of their marks in class 12th.
Facility of Scribes in JEE Advanced
Only PwD candidates are permitted to use the service of the scribe, and they will get an hour as a compensatory time to complete each paper. The criteria for availing the service of the scribe are PwD candidates who are visually impaired OR dyslexia OR have a disability in the upper limbs or have lost fingers/hands thereby preventing them from operating the Computer Based Test platform properly.
Ques. How to avail the service of the scribe?
Ans. Opt the option for services of scribe and upload a copy of the PwD certificate during JEE Advanced online registration. Along with this, candidates should request the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2020 of the respective zonal coordinating IIT in the prescribed format (provided in information brochure- annexure 2).
Ques. Will the conducting authority provide a scribe?
Ans. Zonal coordinating IITs will make arrangements to provide a panel of scribes. Scribes will be students of Class XI from the science stream with Mathematics as one of the subjects. The PwD/dyslexic candidate has to choose a scribe from this panel. They are NOT allowed to bring their scribes.
JEE Advanced 2020 Reservation
Indian nationals belonging to GEN-EWS/SC/ST/OBC-NCL are admitted under the seats reserved for them under the rules and guidelines laid down by Government of India. The category wise reservation matrix of seats (in percentage) is provided in the following table:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|General – Economically Weaker Section (GEN-EWS)||10%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
- Within each of these four categories, 5% horizontal reservation is available for PwD candidates.
- Seats allotted to foreign nationals are supernumerary with a cap of 10% of a total number of seats in every course.
- Foreign nationals are outside the ambit of reservation of seats under the OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories.
JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form
JEE Advanced Application Process has concluded. Candidates could apply till September 17, 2020. The last date to pay application fee was September 18, 2020. Candidates could fill the form on the official website of JEE Advanced. Check below all important steps to complete the registration process:
Step 1: Registration & Application Form
- Log in with JEE Main 2020 Roll Number and Date of Birth
- Choose a new password to complete Registration
- Fill the personal and academic details.
- Mention the number of attempts, exam center, the language of exam, category and the requirement of the scribe.
Step 2: Upload Documents
JEE (Main) qualified candidates are required to upload the following scanned certificates in JPG format:
|Certificate to be uploaded||Remarks||Min Size|
|Class-X or Birth Certificate||Required for all candidates||50 – 300 KB|
|Class-XII (or equivalent) Certificate||Required only for those who have passed in the year 2018 and 2016 (if the examination Board of Class XII declares results for the academic year 2015-16 after June 2016||50 – 300 KB|
|Category Certificate||Required only for SC /ST /OBC-NCL candidates||50 – 300 KB|
|An additional category Certificate (Optional)||Required only for SC/ST/OBC candidates||50 – 300 KB|
|PwD Certificate||Only for those who have opted PwD as “Yes”||50 – 300 KB|
|Scribe Request Letter||Only for those who have opted PwD as “Yes” and Scribe Request Letter as “Yes”||50 – 300 KB|
|DS Certificate||Only for those who have opted DS as “Yes”||50 – 300 KB|
|OCI Card / PIO Card||For those whose nationality is OCI or PIO||50 – 300 KB|
Step 3: Pay Application Fee
Payment of fees can be made either by Debit/Credit/Internet Banking or by Cash using SBI branch option. The application fee is elucidated in the table given below:
|Registration Fee for Examination Centers in India|
|Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||Female Candidates (all categories)||INR 1400|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||INR 1400|
|All Other Candidates||INR 2800|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 75|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||USD 150|
|Registration Fee for Examination Centers outside India|
|Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||All India Nationals||USD 75|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 75|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||USD 150|
JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card
JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card has been released on September 21, 2020. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website jeeadv.ac.in.
To download JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card, one must follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of JEE Advanced i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
- Click on the link for ‘JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card’
- Enter your registered application number and password
- Check details on admit card
- Print it for further use
Candidates need to carry admit card to the examination center along with photo ID proof. Without admit card, they will not be allowed to write the examination.
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Centers
- JEE Advanced exam centers have been set up in 161 cities for the year 2020.
- While making the registration, it is mandatory to choose 6 exam centers from an IIT zone.
- Request for change of exam centers will not be entertained.
- JEE Advanced was conducted in foreign centers as well: Dubai, Dhaka, Kathmandu and Singapore.
- Due to increasing number of COVID-19 cases in India, IIT Delhi has announced that the exam will not be conducted in foreign locations for 2020 session.
- The reporting time and instructions to be followed at the exam center will be mentioned on the admit card.
JEE Advanced College Predictor 2020
Collegedunia has come up with its exclusive JEE Advanced College Predictor in order to assist the candidates in finding out their suitable college options on the basis of their JEE Advanced 2020 score. Collegedunia Rank Predictor uses the opening and closing ranks of previous year counseling data and lists the IIT suitable for you. You can also use filters for more specific results. Check JEE Advanced College Predictor
For example, Preet a candidate of General category got a score of 190 in JEE Advanced 2020. Her expected rank range as per her score is 2501-5000.
JEE Advanced Preparation Tips 2020
In order to clear the toughest entrance examination like JEE Advanced, one must prepare with full focus and dedication throughout the preparation process. This exam is the gateway to the prestigious IITs. Candidates should build a proper and well-structured preparation strategy possessing analytical, time management, and exam-taking skills. Some of the important points and tips to prepare for the examination are given below:
- Know the Syllabus well: To clear any examination, one must thoroughly analyze the complete syllabus of the examination. Before preparing for JEE Advanced 2020, candidates must check the complete syllabus, which is available on the official website of the examination. Students must check all the details regarding the distribution of marks according to the topics and the marking scheme too.
- Previous year papers and mock tests: To understand the types of questions, the difficulty level of the examination, and the paper pattern, one must refer to the previous year papers and solve them regularly. Students should keep practicing the mock tests to keep a check on their preparation level. Download JEE Advanced Practice Papers
- Revision is a must: Aspirants should keep revising all the topics regularly so that nothing is left out, and they don’t skip any vital topic before the examination.
- Constitute a plan: Students then must make a good plan for their preparation. An ideal plan should have time devoted to the study of all three subjects on a daily basis apart from the school hours.
- Choose your resources well: Selecting the accurate books and mentors is most important. Students should make the choice of the study material and coaching center wisely to clear the examination efficiently. NCERT Textbooks are one of the go-to books for the preparation of JEE Mains and Advanced. Students must refer to NCERT Books while preparing and solve each and every problem given in them.
- Stick to the planned routine: Making a strategy and a routine and following it strictly, can help you clear the examination easily and efficiently. To excel in the examination, students are required to have a regular and rigorous practice of problems.
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)
B. Arch program is available at IIT (BHU) Varanasi, IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee only. To be eligible for admission to B.Arch program candidates must PASS in the Architecture Aptitude Test. Only those candidates who have qualified in JEE Advanced 2020 can appear in AAT 2020. Read More
Key Points (New Schedule):
- Architecture Aptitude Test has conducted on October 8, 2020.
- The result will be released on October 11, 2020.
- Candidates should bring their drawing and coloring aids.
- The Joint Implementation Committee of JEE (Advanced) 2020 decides the cut-off marks for passing AAT.
- There is no separate ranking in AAT and no separate cut off for students of any category.
Participating IITs and Seat Matrix
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is responsible for allotment of seats in IITs. The total seats in JEE Advanced participating IITs are disclosed below:
|1||Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar||350|
|2||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay||929|
|3||Indian Institute of Technology Mandi||150|
|4||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||851|
|5||Indian Institute of Technology Indore||260|
|6||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||1341|
|7||Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad||285|
|8||Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur||180|
|9||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur||827|
|10||Indian Institute of Technology Madras||838|
|11||Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar||180|
|12||Indian Institute of Technology Patna||225|
|13||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||975|
|14||Indian Institute of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad||912|
|15||Indian Institute of Technology Ropar||260|
|16||Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi||1090|
|17||Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati||645|
|18||Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai||120|
|19||Indian Institute of Technology Goa||90|
|20||Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad||120|
|21||Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati||120|
|22||Indian Institute of Technology Jammu||120|
|23||Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad||120|
|Total = 23||Total Seats||10988|
Institutes other than IITs, that used JEE-Advanced Ranks in the past are mentioned below:
- Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE), Visakhapatnam
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli
Through JEE Advanced, participating IITs offer admission to following UG courses in Engineering, Sciences and Architecture. However, not all programs are offered in all the institutes.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – 4 Years
- B.Tech. Bachelor of Technology 4 years
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) - 4 years
- Bachelor of Architecture B.Arch. - 5 years
- Dual Degree B.Tech. - M.Tech. - 5 years
- Dual Degree B.S. - M.S. - 5 years
- Integrated M.Tech. - 5 years
- Integrated M.Sc. - 5 years
JEE Advanced Coaching Centers
Top 10 Coaching Institutions for JEE Advanced in India:
|Vibrant Academy||+918010409409, 0744-2428666||vibrantacademy.com|
|Sri Chaitanya IIT Academy and Narayana||040-66151515||http://srichaitanya.net|
|Super 30 (Patna)||-||super30.org|
|Brilliant Tutorials||89391 88133||brilliant-tutorials.com|
JEE (Advanced) FAQs
Ques. When will JEE Advanced Result be declared?
Ans. IIT Delhi has released JEE Advanced Result on October 5, 2020. Candidates can download the scorecard from the official website – jeeadv.ac.in. The registrations for JEE Advanced counselling will commence from October 6, 2020.
Ques. How can I access JEE Advanced 2020 Answer Keys?
Ans. IIT Delhi has released JEE Advanced Answer Key on September 29, 2020. Candidate response sheets have been released and can be accessed through the candidate portal. Download JEE Advanced 2020 Answer Key and Question Papers
Ques. What will JEE Advanced Admit Card be released?
Ans. IIT Delhi has released JEE Advanced Admit Card on September 21, 2020. Candidates can download the hall ticket from the official website – jeeadv.ac.in
Ques. What are the dates for filling JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form?
Ans. JEE Advanced Application Process lasted from September 12 – 17, 2020. The last date to pay application fee was September 18, 2020. Candidates could fill the form on the official website of JEE Advanced.
Ques. What are the dates for JEE Advanced Counselling process?
Ans. Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2020 has released the counselling schedule, as per the notification released, the counselling will be done in 7 rounds. The registration and choice filling process for admission into the IITs, NITs, IIITs, and Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs) will commence from October 6, 2020.
Ques. Is there any update on JEE Advanced exam date?
Ans. JEE Advanced 2020 will be now conducted on September 27, 2020 as notified on the official website and announced by the Education minister.
Ques. What is the registration fee for JEE Advanced 2020?
Ans. There is an increase in Application fees for candidates of different categories. General and OBC (male and transgender) candidates have to pay INR 2800. The Application fees for females and other reserved categories is INR 1400.
Ques. Since some of the boards have canceled their papers, is there any change in the admission criteria for IITs?
Ans. IITs have dropped the percentage criteria for admissions this year. As per the criteria, a candidate must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in class 12 (or equivalent) board examination or must be within the top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective class 12 examination. However for this year, IITs will grant admissions based on the performance of the candidate in JEE Advanced 2020 irrespective of their score in class 12th board exams.
Ques. Which document should I upload if I have Class XII pass certificate and the marks statement as separate documents?
Ans. Upload the Class XII marks statement.
Ques. My class XII result is yet to be out. Will I be able to register for the exam without uploading the Class XII certificate?
Ans. Yes. You do not have to upload any document concerning the Class XII Examination.
Ques. Is the question paper available in Hindi language?
Ans. Yes. The question paper is set in 2 languages: English and Hindi.
Ques. What is my login id to apply for JEE Advanced 2020?
Ans. Your login is your JEE Main roll number. The password is the same as that used for JEE MAIN.
Ques. Are PIO and OCI card holders eligible to appear in the exam?
Ans. Yes. PIO and OCI card holders are eligible. Please refer to the relevant section of Information Brochure (points 5, 9 and 10) for more information.
Ques. Can I sit for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) without writing JEE Advanced 2020?
Ans. No. Candidates who qualify JEE Advanced 2020 will only be eligible for appearing in AAT 2020.
Ques. For the first time, I appeared in class XII in 2018. Am I eligible to sit for JEE (Advanced) in 2020?
Ans. Yes, but only if you satisfy eligibility criteria for the exam.Check Here DetailedEligibility Criteria
Ques. My 12th class board examination’s result was out in June 2018. I have neither attempted JEE-Main nor JEE Advanced. Would I get a chance to appear for JEE (Advanced) 2020?
Ans. No, you are not eligible to appear in the exam. Candidates can appear for Advanced only 2 times in 2 consecutive years.
Ques. While registering for JEE Main, unknowingly, I wrote the wrong category. Would I be able to change that in JEE advance?
Ans. No, the information filled during JEE Main 2020cannot be changed.
Ques. Though I don’t belong to OBC-NCL, I filled that during the registration of JEE (Main). Am I eligible for Advanced?
Ans. Yes, you’re eligible only if your JEE main score is above the general cut-off, you are eligible else not.
Ques. Is it possible that I upload the OBC-NCL certificate before 1-April-2020 as I do not have a proof of the same currently?
Ans. No, a valid certificate issued on or after April 1, 2020, should be uploaded on the website to avail the benefits.
Ques. I belong to OBC-NCL, I can see my caste only in state list but not in central. Also, I do not belong to NCL. Am I eligible to take OBC benefits?
Ans. No. You would only be considered in the unreserved category.
Ques. I am a PwD candidate with 40% disability and have a PwD certificate. Am I eligible to take the benefits of the scribe and an hour extra during JEE Advanced 2020 exam?
Ans. The services of the scribe are only available to those who are visually impaired or dyslexic or have the disability in the upper limbs. The request of the scribe should be mentioned while registering for JEE Advanced 2020. Only those who get permission will only be able to take benefits.
Ques. To avail the benefits of the scribe, which procedure should I follow to register for the same?
Ans. You need to follow the below given procedure:
- During registration, this option should be marked.
- You must request the chairman of your zonal IIT in the prescribed format.
- Along with the requisition, you must upload the certificate of PwD or be a dyslexic candidate at the time of online registration for JEE Advanced 2020.
Ques. What should I upload, class XII passing certificate or marks statement during JEE Advanced registration?
Ans. You must upload the class XII marks statement.
Ques. I will be appearing for class XII in the current year (2020). Can I register for JEE Advanced 2020 without uploading the documents?
Ans. Yes, you can register for JEE Advanced without uploading the document.
Ques. I have given JEE (Main) paper II. Can I write Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) without attempting JEE Advanced 2020?
Ans. No, you need to qualify JEE Advanced to be eligible for AAT.Check JEE Advanced AAT
Ques. I had already taken admission in NIT in 2018. Can I give JEE-Advanced 2020?
Ans. Yes, you can give JEE (Advanced).
Ques. I got a seat in IIT during JoSAA 2018 but I neither paid acceptance fees nor I reported to any center. Am I still eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2020?
Ans. Yes, you are still eligible to appear.
Ques. I got a seat in IIT brings JoSAA 2018. I paid the acceptance fees but later I withdrew it before the last round. Am I still eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2020?
Ans. Yes, you are still eligible to appear.
Ques. I got a seat in IIT during JoSAA 2018. I paid the acceptance fees and received the “Document Verification-cum-Seat Acceptance letter.” Can I still appear for JEE Advanced 2020?
Ans. No, you cannot appear.
Ques. I took admission in IIT but did not continue with the program later on and left it. Am I still eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2020?
Ans. No, you are not eligible to appear for JEE Advance 2020.
Ques. I did not withdraw myself before the last round of JoSAA. Am I eligible for JEE Advanced 2020?
Ans. If you accepted any seat in IIT but did not withdraw, then you are not eligible for JEE-Advanced. In case, you took admission in any institution accept IIT, you can appear for the exam 2020 if and only if you satisfy other eligibility criteria.
Ques. I took admission in IIT for the preparatory course in 2018. Am I still eligible for the exam?
Ans. Yes, but you need to satisfy other eligibility criteria too.
Ques. I hold an OCI/PIO card or maybe at least one of my parent hold the same. Do I need to appear for JEE Main 2020 to register for JEE Advanced?
Ans. Yes. You need to appear in JEE (Main)-2020 and qualify for JEE (Advanced)-2020 under the General category, in order to be eligible to register for JEE (Advanced)-2020. Further, all OCI/PIO candidates are outside the ambit of reservation of seats under the OBC-NCL, SC, and ST and PwD categories and are to be treated as General category candidate. Refer to relevant MEA/MHA, Government of India, notification regarding OCI/PIO.
Ques. In order to be eligible for JEE (Advanced) 2020, is there any exception for the requirement to appear in JEE Main?
Ans. Following conditions must be satisfied:
- Citizen of India
- OCI/PIO card holders
- One whose at least one of the parent is OCI/PIO card holder.
If the foreign nationals or their parents do not belong to the OCI/PIO category, they can directly register for the exam without appearing in JEE (Main) 2020.
Ques. If I have followed all the steps except for paying the fee, am I still eligible to write JEE Advanced 2020?
Ans. No, your Admit Cardwill not be generated which is required for the exam.
Ques. I am facing some issue while downloading my admit card through the portal. What can be done in this case?
Ans. In such cases, you must approach the chairman of your zonal coordinating IIT.
Ques. I am a defense service personnel, can my child get a seat in DS category?
Ans. DS category seats are earmarked for children of defense/paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peacetime operations. A certificate issued under Ministry of Defense or Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India is eligible for DS category.
Ques. Is attempting Paper I and Paper II compulsory in JEE Advanced 2020?
Ans. Yes, it is compulsory.
Ques. If I get absent in any of the paper, will my result be displayed?
Ans. No, in such a case,the Resultwould not be shown.
Ques. Do I need to choose the language of the question paper at the time of JEE Advance registration?
Ans. No, you need not choose the language as the choice of language (Hindi/English) is shown at the starting of the computer-based test.
Ques. Can I change the language anytime while attempting the exam?
Ans. Yes, you can change the language anytime during the exam.
Ques. Will I be provided with any rough page for calculations?
Ans. Yes, a scribble pad is provided to every examinee at the start of the exam.
Ques. Can I change my answers during the exam?
Ans. Yes, you can change your answers anytime during the exam.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College