University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) conducts UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPSEAT) offering admissions to aspirants who are interested to apply for B.Tech/B.Des and BPlan.
Aspirants must appear for online and offline for the examination. UPESEAT is a three-hour, paper-pencil test which will be held on 5th May (PBT) and 11th – 13th May (CBT) across 41 cities PAN India. Check Eligibility Criteria for UPESEAT 2018
Candidates will appear for counselling after clearing the examination. Out of total seats, 80% seats are reserved for candidates who clears the examination while the remaining 20% for Board Merit and JEE Main 2018 score. Read More UPESEAT 2018 Application Form
B. Tech Programs
B. Tech Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in:
- Banking, Financial Services & Insurance
- Business Analytics and Optimization
- Graphics & Gaming
- Internet of Things and Smart Cities
- IT Infrastructure
- Open Source & Open Standards
- Mobile Application and Development
- E-Commerce, Retail and Automation
- Mainframe Technology
- Oil & Gas Informatics
- Cyber Security & Forensics
- AI & Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing & Virtualisation Technology
- Dev Ops in academic collaboration with Xebia
- Big Data in academic collaboration with Xebia
Oil and Gas
- Applied Petroleum Eng. with Specialization in Upstream
- Applied Petroleum Eng. with Specialization in Gas
- Chemical Engineering with Specialization in Refining & Petrochemicals
- Geo-Informatics Engineering
- Geo-Science Engineering
Electronics & Communication
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Automotive Design Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
Health, Safety, and Environment
- Fire & Safety Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering with Specialization in Avionics
Civil Engineering with specialization in Infrastructure Development.
Highlights of UPESEAT 2018
|Exam Name||University of Petroleum & Energy Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT)|
|Exam Type||University Level|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen & Paper) Online (CBT)|
|Exam Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Conducting Body||University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)|
Exam Dates for UPESEAT
|Release of UPESEAT Application Form 2018||January 05, 2018|
|Last date to fill UPESEAT Application Form 2018||April 25, 2018|
|UPESEAT 2018 Admit card||April 30, 2018|
|Date of Exams||Offline: May 5, 2018|
|Online: May 11 to 13, 2018|
|UPESEAT 2018 Result||1st week of June 2018|
UPESEAT Eligibility 2018
Candidates aspiring to be a part of UPES have to accomplish following eligibility criteria:
- For BTech programmes [other than BTech +LL.B (Hons)] – Candidate must score minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (X & XII) and minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (XII).
- For BTech +LL.B (Hons), B. Des and BPlan programmes – Candidate must score minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (X & XII) and minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (XII).
Candidates born on or after October 1, 1996, are eligible for the given examination. Also, the date of birth mentioned in the secondary education board only is considered authentic.
|Eligibility Criteria||Admission Criteria|
|Minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) and Minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th)||UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT)|
Board Merit/JEE Merit score-based Admission
Board Exam: One should have scored minimum 80% in class 10 and 12 along with PCM aggregate to be at least 80%.
JEE Main Merit: One should have scored minimum 60% in class 10 and 12 along with PCM aggregate to be at least 60% along with JEE score.
Up to 20% seats are to be filled for the above-given procedure. In case these seats go vacant, UPES can fill the seats through the examination.
- Eligibility criteria - 80% marks in class 10th and 12th with 85% in PCM
- 50% tuition fee waiver on 10% seats in each program in first year for CBSE, ICSE & State board pass out students
- The Scholarship will be renewed in the Second Semester provided the student obtains SGPA of 8/10.
- Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per scholarship policy of the University.
Uttarakhand Domicile Special Scholarships
- Candidate must score minimum 80% in class 10,12 and PCM for B.tech
- Merit order allotment of 1 seat per program.
- The seats reserved under this category will be within the 15% reservation for Uttarakhand Domicile candidates.
- One must have Permanent Residence Certificate.
- Candidates will be provided only 1scholarship at a time (either through Uttarakhand Board Merit or through Uttarakhand Domicile category).
- In the first year, boys will get 25% and girls will get 35% of scholarship.
- In case one gets 8/10 SGPA, the scholarship will be renewed for such students.
- Further scholarship program will be according to the policies of the University.
Candidate in compartment is not eligible for any kind of program in the University.
Note: If the candidates fail to produce ‘SthaiNiwasPramanPatra’ on the day of admission, the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled.
UPESEAT 2018 Application Process
Aspirants are given the option to apply for UPESEAT 2018 either online or the offline mode.
By Online Mode:
- Candidate must apply online for UPESEAT 2018 program on the official website of UPES.
- A fee of INR 1850 must be paid online either through credit card or debit card. The prospectus will be sent through courier after the application fee is paid.
- The candidate can also get e-copy of the prospectus on UPES website after receiving the payment.
By Offline Mode:
- Candidates must send a DD of INR 1850 in the favor of “UPES Fee Account” which will be payable at either Delhi or Dehradun. The DD must be sent along with a request letter.
- Applicant can also pay in cash of INR 1750 at the admission counters located at Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata, Mumbai, Dhanbad and Patna.
You can also apply online -https://goo.gl/HTvDgf
Candidates must go through the general instruction of the admission process on the official website of UPES.
UPESEAT 2018 Admit Card
UPES will release the admit card in online mode on April 25, 2018. One must fill the details asked to get it. Applicant must take the print out of the admit card and affix a passport size photograph which is mandatory.
Steps to download Admit Card:
- The candidates need to enter the following information:
- Application Form Number
- Date of Birth
- Registered E-mail ID
- Click on “Proceed”.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Check for any discrepancy, if none, one may download the admit card for future reference.
UPESEAT 2018 Exam Pattern
UPESEAT exam pattern: This entrance exam is a paper-pencil based test which is of three-hour duration. UPESEAT exam paper will comprise of 200 multiple choice objective questions.
UPESEAT 2018 question paper will be divided into five sections. These sections will comprise of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language Comprehension and Current Affairs Awareness.
|S.No.||Subject||Number of Questions|
|4.||English Language Comprehension||30|
|Total number of questions||200|
The syllabus for UPESEAT 2018 includes topics covered in subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Class XI and Class XII.
Marking: For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded +1 mark. UPESEAT exam does not have any negative marking, so no marks will be deducted for wrong options selected by candidates.
UPESEAT Counselling Procedure
The counselling process is offline. Candidate must register on the website to be the part of centralized counselling. Seats will be allotted to candidates according to their preference and rank. Counselling will be held in Delhi, Lucknow, Patna and Dehradun.
- 4 passport size photographs
- UPESEAT 2018 Admit Card
- UPSEAT counselling call letter
- Class X and XII original and photocopies of marksheets. The photocopies will be retained by the company.
- A Demand Draft (DD) of INR 85,000 drawn in the favor of “UPES Fee Account” payable at Dehradun.
UPESEAT 2018 Contact Information
UPESEAT 2018 Results
Result is expected in the last week of May 2018. Candidates can find the result on the official website of UPES. Applicant needs to enter selective details required to access the admit card.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College