UPESEAT 2019 Application Form (Available), Eligibiity, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
UPES Engineering Aptitude Test or UPESEAT is conducted for admission to various B.Tech courses offered by UPES annually. This year, UPESEAT 2019 is scheduled for multiple dates in online mode from May 13 to 19, 2019 at 100 cities across India. Check UPESEAT Exam Center
Latest: Interested candidates can fill the application form till May 8. Apply Online
- Candidates having minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) can apply. Check UPESEAT Eligibility
- Out of total seats, 80% seats are reserved for candidates who clear the exam while the remaining 20% for Board Merit and JEE Main 2019 score.
- The exam consists of 200 objective type question completed within 3 hours.
- The question paper comprises 5 sections via – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language Comprehension and Current Affairs Awareness. Check UPESEAT Exam Pattern
- Candidates will appear for counselling after clearing the examination.
Highlights of UPESEAT
|Exam Name||University of Petroleum & Energy Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT)|
|Exam Type||University Level|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Conducting Body||University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)|
Exam Dates for UPESEAT 2019
The official schedule of the engineering examination has been released. Candidates can check the detail tabulated below:
|Release of UPESEAT Application Form 2019||February 1, 2019|
|Last date to fill UPESEAT Application Form 2019||May 8, 2019|
|UPESEAT 2019 Admit card||May 2019|
|UPESEAT 2019 Exam Date||May 13 – 19, 2019|
|UPESEAT 2019 Result||1st week of June 2019|
UPESEAT Eligibility 2019
Candidates aspiring to be a part of UPES have to accomplish following eligibility criteria:
- Minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) and
- Minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th)
- Only candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1997 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board only will be taken as authentic.
Board Merit/JEE Merit score-based Admission
Board Exam: One should have scored minimum 80% in class 10 and 12 along with PCM aggregate to be at least 80%.
JEE Main Merit: One should have scored minimum 60% in class 10 and 12 along with PCM aggregate to be at least 60% along with JEE score.
Up to 20% seats are to be filled for the above-given procedure. In case these seats go vacant, UPES can fill the seats through the examination.
- Eligibility criteria - 80% marks in class 10th and 12th with 85% in PCM
- 50% tuition fee waiver on 10% seats in each program in first year for CBSE, ICSE & State board pass out students
- The Scholarship will be renewed in the Second Semester provided the student obtains SGPA of 8/10.
- Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per scholarship policy of the University.
Uttarakhand Domicile Special Scholarships
- Candidate must score minimum 80% in class 10,12 and PCM for B.tech
- Merit order allotment of 1 seat per program.
- The seats reserved under this category will be within the 15% reservation for Uttarakhand Domicile candidates.
- One must have Permanent Residence Certificate.
- Candidates will be provided only 1scholarship at a time (either through Uttarakhand Board Merit or through Uttarakhand Domicile category).
- In the first year, boys will get 25% and girls will get 35% of scholarship.
- In case one gets 8/10 SGPA, the scholarship will be renewed for such students.
- Further scholarship program will be according to the policies of the University.
Candidate in compartment is not eligible for any kind of program in the University.
Note: If the candidates fail to produce ‘SthaiNiwasPramanPatra’ on the day of admission, the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled.
UPESEAT 2019 Registration
Engineering aspirants can apply for the examination via online mode. Steps for both the modes are listed below:
Latest: Direct link to fill the application form Click Here
Stage 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of UPES i.e. upes.ac.in
- Enter your details – Name, Email ID, Mobile No., State, City and Program
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ tab.
Stage 2: Generation of OTP
- After furnishing all the details an OTP will be sent on registered Mobile No.,
- Submit the same, and the candidate will then recieve an email having their UPESEAT Username and Password.
Stage 3: Log-in and Confirm the details
- With the newly generated password and username, log-in to the account again.
- Check all the details entered and confirm the same.
Stage 4: Pay the application fee
- Once you will be done with the filling of application form, make the required payment i.e. pay the application fee.
- The payment can be done either through debit/credit card, Net Banking, DD or cash.
UPESEAT 2019 Application Fee
|Application form||Application fee|
Candidates can collect UPESEAT 2019 prospectus and application form from UPES Enrolment Offices at Dehradun/ Delhi by paying
Candidates can collect UPESEAT 2019 through post/ courier/ Demand Draft*/online/ cash by paying
Stage 5: Academic Details
- After the payment of application fee is done, enter your academic details in the application form.
- After entering the all the required details, submit the form and download it.
By Offline Mode:
- Candidates must send a DD of INR 1850 in the favor of “UPES Fee Account” which will be payable at either Delhi or Dehradun. The DD must be sent along with a request letter.
- Applicant can also pay in cash of INR 1750 at the admission counters located at Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata, Mumbai, Dhanbad and Patna.
UPESEAT 2019 Admit Card
UPES will release the admit card in online mode on May, 2019. One must fill the details asked to get it. Applicant must take the print out of the admit card and affix a passport size photograph which is mandatory.
Steps to download Admit Card:
- The candidates need to enter the following information:
- Application Form Number
- Date of Birth
- Registered E-mail ID
- Click on “Proceed”.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Check for any discrepancy, if none, one may download the admit card for future reference.
UPESEAT Exam Centers
For this year, there are approximately 100 exam centers for the university level examination. They are as follows:
|Test Cites||Code||Test Cities||Code||Test Cities||Code|
|Bokaro Steel City||21||Kolkata||55||Shimla||89|
UPESEAT Exam Pattern
Given below is the updated pattern of UPESEAT Exam:
UPESEAT 2019 question paper will be divided into five sections. These sections will comprise of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language Comprehension and Current Affairs Awareness.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|English Language Comprehension||30|
|Total number of questions||200|
- UPES is expected to release the results for the examination by the last week of May 2019.
- The results will be displayed in overall, category wise ranks and aggregate and section wise marks way.
- To check and download UPESEAT result 2019, candidates will have to log-in to their account using their application number and registered mobile number.
UPESEAT Counselling Procedure
The counselling process is offline. Candidate must register on the website to be the part of centralized counselling. Seats will be allotted to candidates according to their preference and rank. Counselling will be held in Delhi, Lucknow, Patna and Dehradun.
- 4 passport size photographs
- UPESEAT 2019 Admit Card
- UPSEAT counselling call letter
- Class X and XII original and photocopies of marksheets. The photocopies will be retained by the company.
- A Demand Draft (DD) of INR 85,000 drawn in the favor of “UPES Fee Account” payable at Dehradun.
UPESEAT 2019 Contact Information
B.Tech Programs Offered
B. Tech Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in:
- Banking, Financial Services & Insurance
- Business Analytics and Optimization
- Graphics & Gaming
- Internet of Things and Smart Cities
- IT Infrastructure
- Open Source & Open Standards
- Mobile Application and Development
- E-Commerce, Retail and Automation
- Mainframe Technology
- Oil & Gas Informatics
- Cyber Security & Forensics
- AI & Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing & Virtualisation Technology
- Dev Ops in academic collaboration with Xebia
- Big Data in academic collaboration with Xebia
Oil and Gas
- Applied Petroleum Eng. with Specialization in Upstream
- Applied Petroleum Eng. with Specialization in Gas
- Chemical Engineering with Specialization in Refining & Petrochemicals
- Geo-Informatics Engineering
- Geo-Science Engineering
Electronics & Communication
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Automotive Design Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
Health, Safety, and Environment
- Fire & Safety Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering with Specialization in Avionics
Civil Engineering with specialization in Infrastructure Development.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College