JoSAA Counselling 2020: 2nd Round Seat Allotment Released, Check Online Document Verification; Get Direct Link Here
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) has declared the results of round 2 seat allotment today, 21 October 2020. Meanwhile, detailed guidelines on online seat allotment and document verification have been issued.
Latest: In view of COVID-19 pandemic, JoSAA has claimed to conduct every phase of counselling in online mode. Likewise, seat acceptance and document verification will be conducted through JoSAA portal to avoid long queues in this trying time.
JoSAA holds seven rounds of seat allotments for B.Tech and B.Arch admissions to IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTI. Results of the first round of seat allotment on October 17, 2020. Check here
Candidates can click on the direct link below to check the result of round 2 seat allocation by logging in to their account. In addition to the allocation, candidates can also take a look at the cut-off that has been released. JoSAA has also added some new institutions in the seat allotment list this year which includes 5 GFTIs and 2 new IITs.
The JoSAA seat allocation shall be made on the basis of the rank scored in the examination by the candidates and those who have cleared JEE Main 2020 and JEE Advanced 2020 and are taking part in the consultation may check their names on the list.
This article examines the opening and closing ranks of round 2 for some of the top IITs and the steps taken to check the result for round 2 of the seat allocation process
Also Check: Top Engineering Colleges in India
JoSAA 2020 Round 2 Seat Allotment Dates
The Round 2 seat allotment dates for JoSAA 2020 can be checked below -
|Round 2 Seat Allotment Result Released Date||October 21, 2020 (Released)|
|Acceptance of Seat Allotment||October 22 & 23, 2020|
|Publication of Vacant Seats after Round 2||October 26, 2020|
JoSAA Second Round Seat Allotment Result 2020: How to Check?
Listed below are the steps that the candidates can follow to check JoSAA round 2 seat allotment result 2020:
Step 1: Visit the official website of JoSAA @josaa.nic.in
Step 2: Then click on 'View seat allotment result for round 2'
Step 3: Candidates will have to enter the JEE Main Application number
Step 4: Then they have to enter the password
Step 5: Enter the security pin
Step 6: Click on the login
Step 7: Finally, the result will be displayed on the screen
JoSAA Counselling 2020: Documents Required for Online Verification
- Class 10 Certificate or Birth Certificate
- Class 12 Mark sheet
- Medical Certificate
- OCI/PIO card (if applicable)
- Passport/Citizenship Certificate (If applicable)
- Crossed Bank Cheque/Photocopy of Passbook
- Category Certificate (EWS, OBC-NCL, SC/ST)
- PwD certificate for reservation
- Online account
- DS certificate (if applicable)
JoSAA Counselling 2020: Online Document Verification Process
- Uploaded documents as per the Business Rule will be verified by officials in online mode.
- Pay the Seat Acceptance Fee: (GEN/ GEN-EWS/OBC-NCL: INR 35,000, SC/ST/PwD: INR 15,000)
- Verification officers can raise queries which candidates can view in their login account on JoSAA portal. Hence, candidates should respond to them immediately at the time of verification as they can raise other questions as well.
- Candidates have to mandatorily visit their account frequently to solve the queries within the stipulated time for 1 round. Seats will be cancelled if queries are not solved in time.
- Seat allotment will be cancelled during verification if documents are found to be forged.
- Document verification will be followed by confirmation or cancellation and accordingly letter will be generated foreseeing candidate’s credentials. Candidates have to download Document Verification-cum-Seat Acceptance or Seat Cancellation Letter from their account
- For seat up-gradation and a candidate is allotted another seat in the followup round, then currently accepted seat will get forfeited automatically.
- For consecutive rounds, candidates who selected SLIDE /FLOAT options have to check their account for any upgrading allotments and make choices accordingly.
- If candidates are offered a seat in NIT+System in one round but get upgraded to IIT system in the following round or vice versa, they can claim previous seats.
- For such candidates, verification of uploaded documents will be carried out following the new system.
- Therefore, candidates have to gain respond to queries of verifying officers of the new system, failing which will cancel candidature and applicant will have to exit JoSAA-2020 counselling.
- Candidates can use WITHDRAW /EXIT options given in the JoSAA-2020 Business Rules.
JoSAA Seat Allotment Result 2020: Change of Willingness
Candidates can change their willingness in any given round. At the end of each round, the willingness will be recorded and used for the next round of Seat Allocation.
The following rules apply to the “Change in Willingness”:
- If the willingness at the end of the previous round was 'Float,' the candidate is allowed to change it to 'Slide' or 'Freeze' or to keep it the same in the current round.
- If the willingness at the end of the previous round was 'Side,' the candidate may change it to 'Freeze' or keep it the same during the current round.
- If the willingness at the end of the previous round was 'Freeze,' the candidate is not allowed to change it.
At the end of each round, the willingness will be recorded and used for the next round of Seat Allocation.
Candidates are advised to bookmark this page for easily accessing JoSAA Round 2 Seat Allotment 2020.