It was once jointly collaborated under Jadavpur University and the courses are NBA Accredited. My rank mattered too in the choice of the college. Also the travel distance from my home was optimum and the location of the college is good. Means of transport is easily available. Staff and teaching faculty is cooperative and good.
Course outline was updated recently, starting from our year but still lot of unnecessary subjects remain. Academically, the college is quite good. Faculties are helpful and try to impart their best wisdom to the students.
Job opportunities are okay-ish. Companies like TCS, CTS, Infosys do visit our college for campusing. People clearing the Coding round and PI rounds do get placed. Salary is average. Mainly its around 3.5 - 4 lpa.
Campus life is okay-ish. There are loads of events and extracurricular activities to look forward to. From the month of January to May, is the entire fest season. Also, there are different clubs which compete in different competitions from different colleges. Senior-Junior relationship is stable and well maintained.
Size of the library is not too big. Only course textbooks and workbooks are found. However, an online library does exist. Sports facilities are average. Inter-college, and intra-college sports competitions are played. Laboratories are maintained well. Essential equipments can be found. But labs are on the average side nevertheless. Wi-fi connectivity is available on campus.
Students become eligible for placements from the sixth semester. Name of companies visited are- TCS, Cognizant, LTI, Dxc., DTDC, Byju's , Amazon, etc. visited our college & recruited a considerable number of students. Highest average package as per company & profiles offered- highest package-10-8lpa, profiles offered- Percentage of students getting placed- varies between 75 to 80% of the total number of students of the college gets placed every year. My plans after getting the degree are to crack the competitive exam GATE & do my Mtech.
Usually, by the end of the 3rd-semester students become eligible for campus placements and companies also start coming in for placement drive. Eminent companies like Bandhan Bank, HDFC, OYO, Federal Bank, Ferro Rocher, Nilkamal, Bajaj Finserv, MRF, Nestle, IFB, Reliance Jio, Kotak Mahindra, ICICI, Amul, Reliance Trends, Reliance Jio, Just Dial, and many more come for campus placement at EIILM. In the last few years, students have been offered 10 LPA at BYJU's and 8 LPA at OYO for positions like Assistant Manager in the Marketing, HR, and Finance departments. From what I have heard from my seniors, more than 95% of students from every batch get a job from campus placement drive even before the completion of the course. We've been given opportunities to interact with industry experts via an Industry-Academic Interface Program 'Swadhya Samkalpa' and thus I'm pretty confident about getting a job with the help of my college after completing the degree.
The placement department would start arraignment of companies from the second semester for the students where the students would go for internships. The companies that have visited the campus are ITC, LG, BYJU, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Bandhan Bank etc. The placement percentage is about 99% the other 1% have started their business or became entrepreneurs. After getting the degree I am working for ICICI Securities & I would pursue CFA in future.
See, the university is not a commercial one. You can pursue honours, Masters, PhD and certificate courses in the university. There is no such campus placement system but the university has an employment cell which is mainly for those who pursue honours in foreign languages such as French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and many others.
Placements and job opportunities are very good at my college. Many well known companies visit our college to offer jobs to the students. Maximum students got placements in TCS with an average salary of 5 -6 lakh per annum. In the last year, the highest salary package from our college was 40 lakh per annum which was achieved by a student of CSE department of our college.
One of the best colleges in our country especially for students who are from Kolkata. Had a great experience here and will give a positive remark in every aspect.
Follow & Share this college to get information about admission.