IIT Hyderabad is one of the 2nd generation of IITs, started by the Government of India. Ranked 987 for Overall by US News 2021, the institute has Technology Incubator and Research Park where students are taught concepts such as Ideation, Prototype, and Commercialization.
M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) is the most popular course at IIT Hyderabad. Admission in the course is done on the basis of the Candidate’s academic performance and GATE scores. The cutoff for M.Tech in CSE at IITH was 779 in the year 2020. The fee for the course is INR 5.01 Lacs.
IIT Hyderabad placement records are increasing every year. During the academic year 2020-21 placement drive, a total of 222 students got the placement by domestic and international companies out of which 30 offers were made by 63 international companies. The highest CTC offered in the year 2020 was INR 60.41 LPA, while the average CTC was INR 22.07 LPA.
IIT Hyderabad has launched a certificate program on business model innovation. The program is in collaboration with Business Design Lab. The total intake of the course will be 20.
IIT Hyderabad offers various programs as BTech, MTech, BDes, MDes, MA, and PhD in the streams of engineering. Admission to IIT Hyderabad is based on the marks secured by the candidates in national-level entrance tests like JEE Advanced, GATE, and IIT JAM.
As per the latest updates, IIT Hyderabad has released the application form for PhD Admission 2021. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online iith.ac.in before the deadline of April 07, 2021.
IIT Hyderabad has also released the application form for its M.Tech program. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for IIT Hyderabad Admission 2021 online before the deadline of April 14, 2021, at iith.ac.in.
Check IIT Hyderabad Cut off
IIT Hyderabad Key points:
- The institute offers 9 B.Tech programs, 1 B.Des program, 16 M.Tech programs, 3 M.Sc programs, 1 M.A (DS) program, 1 M.Des program, and Ph.D. programs in all branches of Engineering, Science, Liberal Arts, and Design. Check IIT Hyderabad Courses & Fees
- IIT Hyderabad has successfully build tie-ups with the leading academic institutions in the past years.
- One of the examples of this is the recent collaboration of the institute with the Japenese Universities and Industries.
- The institute has a BTech program in Biomedical Engineering that has been introduced for the first time among the IIT system.
- Unlike all other IITs, IIT Hyderabad has Technology Incubator and Research Park where students are taught concepts such as Ideation, Prototype, and Commercialization.
IIT Hyderabad Ranking
- Ranked 601-650 by the QS World Ranking 2021
- Ranked 601 – 800 globally by Times Higher Education University Ranking 2020
- Ranked 16th nationally by QS World University Rankings 2020
- Ranked 8th in Engineering category by NIRF 2019
- Ranked 22nd in the overall category by NIRF 2019 Rankings
- Ranked 51st overall by Outlook Ranking 2019
- Ranked 9th in Engineering category by SuccessCDs Ranking 2019
- Ranked 7th in Engineering by Jagranjosh Ranking 2019
- Ranked 2nd by EduVidya Ranking 2019
Check: IIT Hyderabad Ranking
IIT Hyderabad Courses
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad offers various specializations in B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Des, M.Des, and Ph.D. Tabulated below are the details of the courses:
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Specializations: CSE, AI, Engineering Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics & Computing, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering
Pass in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentiles in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards
For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
|MTech||Duration: 2 years
Specializations: Artificial Intelligence, CSE, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Data Science, and Climate Science
4-year B.Tech../B.E. degree in any engineering discipline or an MSc/MS/MCA degree in CS/IT/Maths An excellent academic record. Candidates having professional qualifications recognized by AICTE, like AMIE, are also eligible to apply.
The candidate should have demonstrated an adequate background in computer science (Valid GATE score in CS/IT)
|B.Des||Duration: 4 years||Candidate must have passed 10+2 board examination|
|MDes||Duration: 2 years
Specialization: Visual Design
|B.Des, BFA, or B.E. degree. CEED score and a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST)|
|M.A||Duration: 2 years
Specialization: Development Studies
|Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates)|
|PhD||Duration: 3 years
Specialization: Biotechnology, Computer Science & Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Liberal Arts, Chemical Engineering, Design, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science, and Entrepreneurship
|65% marks in Masters or 75% marks in Bachelors with a valid GATE score.|
IIT Hyderabad Admission
The candidates seeking admission in the Institute are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the courses. They are required to fill an online application form available on the official website of the Institute. An application fee of INR 300 for General and OBC (INR 150 for SC/ ST/ PwD Category and Females) should be paid through SBI Collect.
The institute offers admission through merit scored in the national level entrance exams. Following is a list of qualifying exams for the above-mentioned courses:
|B.Tech||JEE Advanced||Read more|
|M.Sc||IIT JAM||Read more|
IIT Hyderabad Cutoff 2021
Tabulated below is the cut off of JEE Mains for B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering):
|Specializations||IIT Hyderabad CSE Cut off (Opening Rank)||IIT Hyderabad CSE Cut off (Closing Rank)|
|Computer Science and Engineering||179||564|
|Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering||5867||6773|
|Mathematics and Computing||601||876|
IIT Hyderabad Placements
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad has recently started its 2021 placements. A total of 500 students participated in the placement drive within the first phase of the cycle. Amongst the 500 students, 46 students have already received PPOs. IITH Placement 2021 includes 30 international offers from 63 companies including 8 recruiters based in Japan and Taiwan. A total of 244 companies registered for 2021 placements, out of which 116 were registered for the first phase itself. Over 75% of the students are already placed in top recruiting companies such as Microsoft, Goldman & Sachs, Jaguar, Land Rover, MTX, BNY Mellon, Airtel, OPPO, and etc.
Earlier in the 2019-20 placements, 325 offers were made by the top-recruiting companies including the 38 international offers. The highest CTC offered to the students were INR 60.41 LPA and the average CTC offered was INR 22.07 LPA. The maximum number of students who participated in the placement drive was from the BTech followed by the MTech program. Given below is the percentage of students placed from each course:
For the above students placed, the average CTC offered is as follows:
|BTech||INR 21.67 LPA|
|MTech||INR 12.7 LPA|
|All Courses M.Tech (ACM)||INR 26.83 LPA|
|MSc||INR 11.05 LPA|
|MDes||INR 11.77 LPA|
|PhD||INR 37.56 LPA|
|Dual Degree||INR 24.23 LPA|
IIT Hyderabad Top recruiters:
159 Solutions, Amazon, Barclays, BDL, BeeHyv, BELCAN, Benz, BPCL, Bharti Airtel, Aakash Education, Aarvee Associates, Accenture, Accenture Japan, Accolite, Addverb, Aditya Birla, Adobe Systems, Aganitha Cognitive Solutions, Agility, Capgemini, C-DAC, C-Dot, Celigo India Private Limited, CeWiT, CodeNation, COGOPORT, etc.
Click here: IIT Hyderabad Placements
IIT Hyderabad Scholarships
The students of IIT Hyderabad are awarded various scholarships by the institute as well as from international institutions.
- MCM Scholarship:
-10% of the students are proposed for grant of awards
-The other economically backward students (whose family income is between INR 1 – 5 LPA) who avail 2/3rd remission of the tuition fee will be eligible for 1/3rd reimbursement of tuition fee per semester + pocket money of INR 1000 per month.
- Institute SC/ST Scholarship:
-Free messing and boarding (to the extent collected) and pocket money of INR 250 per month is being given
- Institute Free Studentship Scholarship:
-The other economically backward students (whose family income is between INR 1 lakh to INR 5 lakh per annum) who avail 2/3rd remission of the tuition fee will be eligible for 1/3rd reimbursement of tuition fee per semester
IIT Hyderabad Faculty
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad currently has a highly qualified faculty of 222 professors, assistant professors, and associate professors. 218 members of the faculty are Ph.D. holders in their respective disciplines and the remaining 4 are Masters of Design. Many faculty members are pursuing their own research with scholars working under them.
Majority of the IIT Hyderabad faculty members follow an open-door policy, which means that they are available to clear doubts and for consultation even outside of class hours.
IIT Hyderabad VS other IITs
|Institute||Highest CTC||Average CTC||NIRF Ranking 2020|
|IIT Hyderabad||INR 60.41 LPA||INR 22 LPA||17|
|IIT Indore||INR 50 LPA||INR 22.92 LPA||23|
|IIT Bhubaneswar||INR 43.3 LPA||INR 15.8 LPA||56|
|IIT Gandhinagar||INR 40 LPA||INR 8.92 LPA||35|
|IIT Mandi||INR 40 LPA||INR 13.5 LPA||67|
|IIT Patna||INR 38 LPA||INR 13.5 LPA||54|
|IIT Ropar||INR 17.45 LPA||INR 14.56 LPA||39|
IIT Hyderabad Alumni
- Dr. Paladugu Suresh: Assistant Professor at CBIT Hyderabad and Indian Researcher in Imidazolium Carboxylate Based [C-H]+
- Dr. Arruri Sathyanarayana: UGC-JRF and Research Excellence Award winner, Researcher in Synthesis and Applications of Bis-azolium and Bis-azolene Derivatives
- Dr. Chatla Naga Babu: UGC-JRF & SRF and Research Excellence Award winner
- Dr. Katam Srinivas: Indian Researcher in Synthesis, Characterization and Catalytic Applications
- Mr. Vaddamanu Moulali: Indian Researcher in Organometallic Chemistry and Catalysis
IIT Hyderabad FAQs
Ques. Which is better, IIT Hyderabad or IIT Indore?
Ans. There are many reasons for one to choose IIT Hyderabad over IIT Indore. Firstly, IIT Hyderabad is ranked (8th) above IIT Indore (13th) according to NIRF 2019. The college is showing an exponentially high growth rate as compared to the other IITs and other Engineering colleges in India. The campus is developing fast and new equipment is introduced to the labs every year. The placements are very good with the highest offered CTC reaching INR 1.2 crore per annum in 2018 and INR 53.79 LPA in 2019. There are hostel facilities available for boys and girls on a one-room per person basis. The faculty is highly qualified and helpful with 218 members being Ph.D. holders in their fields. There are over 100 labs for teaching and research purposes that can be accessed by both students and faculty members.
Ques. What are the facilities offered by IIT Hyderabad?
Ans. The campus of the Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad is spread across a massive 576 acres located in Kandi, Sangareddy. It is situated at NH65 and lies near the outer Ring Road. The following are the facilities offered by the institute to cater to the needs of the students:
- Labs: There are 105 laboratories available on the IIT Hyderabad campus that are used for teaching and research purposes. Every year, new state-of-the-art equipment is added to these labs.
- Hostel: Hostels for male and female students are available on campus. Every student that avails the hostel receives a single semi-furnished room which is designed with the radiant cooling technique. There is a mess facility available in the hostel.
- Transport: There is a transport service available for the faculty and students. There are buses that regularly travel from the college to the Lingampally railway station and back. The schedule for these buses can be found on the college website.
- Dining: There is a common dining hall available for students, faculty, and staff. The food served at the dining hall includes varieties of delicacies from North India and South India.
- Library: The library at IIT Hyderabad houses over 20,000 books as well as 10,000 periodicals. There is also a repository that has scholarly publications written by students and faculty members.
Check: IIT Hyderabad Hostel
Ques. How is the infrastructure at IIT Hyderabad?
Ans. The IIT Hyderabad campus spreads across 576 acres of green land. The administrative and academic blocks are fully functional. The hostels are well planned, ventilated and follow German architecture. The hostel WiFi gives a high speed of 120 Mbps and there are LAN cables in every room so that students are well connected. There are a functional gym and sports grounds on the campus as well. Students can enjoy indoor games such as snooker, Indian and American pool, Foosball, Carrom, Dart Boards, Chess, etc.
Ques. How is the IIT Hyderabad Department of Design?
Ans. The department of design at IIT Hyderabad offers BDes, MDes, and Ph.D. in design. The department has a faculty strength of 8 members out of which there are 1 Professor and 7 Assistant Professors. The faculty members are helping and friendly. Admission at the department is based on the CEED exam score.
Ques. What is the expected IIT Hyderabad M.Tech Cut off?
Ans. The expected cut off for the M.Tech program at IIT Hyderabad for different categories is as follows:
|Economically Weaker section||432|
Ques. How to reach IIT Hyderabad via Metro?
Ans. Once you reach the Secunderabad-East Metro station which is about 600 meters from the Secunderabad Railway station:
- Take a ticket to Miyapur Station.
- Change the metros to reach Miyapur Station.
- Get down at Ameerpet Station.
- Board a metro towards Miyapur Station.
- Take a bus from Miyapur Bus-stop to Patancheru Bus Station.
- Take a bus to Sangareddy Town and you will find the signboard of IIT Hyderabad on the Right side.
Ques. What Japanese company visit IIT Hyderabad for an on-campus internship?
Ans. Companies that visit IIT Hyderabad for an On-campus internship are SMS Data Tech, NTT-AT, Suzuki Motor Corporation, Spiral, Sansan, DG Takano, Accenture Japan, Aisin, Fast retailing, Rakuten, Denso, Denso-Adit, Softbank, etc.
Ques. What is the fee structure for the international students at IIT Hyderabad?
Ans. The international students are divided into two categories, i.e. SAARC country students and Non-SAARC country students. SAARC countries include Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, The Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Given below is the fee structure in two categories:
|Particulars||SAARC Country students (1st year)||Non-SAARC country students (1st year)|
|Compulsory fee||INR 1,57,875||INR 3,07,875|
|Another compulsory fee (as per university fee circular)||INR 7875||INR 7875|
|Hostel & other charges||INR 25550||INR 25550|
|Refundable charges (to be paid by a scholar)||INR 10500||INR 10500|
|Non -Refundable charges (to be paid by a scholar)||INR 235845||INR 385845|
Ques. What documents do I need to produce for IIT Hyderabad admission/ registration?
Ans. You are advised to upload in AIMS all Educational Certificates, Mark sheets, GATE/CSIR-JRF/UGC/DST Inspire award letter, Category Certificates, Medical fitness certificate, etc. Physical verification of certificates will take place only on the resumption of offline classes at IITH. Until then your admission is provisional.
Ques. Does IIT Hyderabad provide education loans to its students?
Ans. Yes, the institute provides education loans to its students through its on-campus SBI and Canara Bank branch.