IIIT Hyderabad has been ranked at 11th position by Outlook in the year 2020. The institute is popular for its B.Tech in Artificial Intelligence program and B.Tech in CSE program. Students who wish to enroll in the B.Tech AI program need to acquire a minimum of 1000 JEE Main score. IIIT Hyderabad records 100% placement rate for B.Tech students, with the highest CTC of INR 85 LPA. On an average students can expect a CTC of INR 25 LPA. Know more about IIITH Placement Statistics
The institute also has an excellent DASA program for international students, where admissions are offered on the basis of SAT scores. Students can also opt for the dual degree program which has a duration of 5 years. IIIT Hyderabad Admission to these courses is conducted on the basis of the IIT JAM score.
IIIT Hyderabad Admission Updates 2021
- IIIT Hyderabad has started the application process for UGEE 2021 and will conduct the entrance test on June 02, 2021 for B.Tech programs.
- IIIT-H DASA admission is ongoing and candidates will be selected on the basis of SAT 2021 scores.
- IIIT Hyderabad LEEE 2021 exam is scheduled on April 18, 2021 for M.Tech Admissions.
- IIITH PGEE 2021 will release the result in May 2021 for admission into Postgraduate and Research programs like M.Tech, M.S., Ph.D.
IIIT Hyderabad Ranking
- IIIT Hyderabad is ranked 11th in Outlook’s annual ranking of India’s top 23 Technical Universities in 2020.
- The institute has been ranked 11th among 373 institutions in Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA-2020) Rankings in the self-finance universities category.
- In Education World’s annual survey IIIT Hyderabad ranking is number 1 in key parameters including faculty competence, curriculum and pedagogy, industry interface, and placements record in 2020.
- Dr. Ashok Kumar Das, a permanent faculty at IITH, has been included in the subject-wise ranking of top 2% scientists from India in all fields, in the area of Networking and Telecommunications, and has a world-wide ranking of 580 in his area of research. The ranking is based on an independent study done by Stanford University scientists in 2020.
Why IIIT Hyderabad?
- IIIT Hyderabad has launched an online PG Certificate course in Internet of Things (IoT) and Smart Analytics. The online course will be offered in partnership with TalentSprint.
- IIITH also offers a Dual Degree Program (B.Tech + MS By Research) under five engineering disciplines.
- The institute offers a 100% placement record under the CSIS and CSE streams.
- IIIT Hyderabad offers a part-time basis to apply to the Post Graduate Student Status Programme.
- IIIT-H has been ranked AAAA+ (Outstanding) in All India Technical Colleges.
- IIIT-H has been ranked the 9th best university in India by a survey conducted by India Today. The ranking criteria is based on PG programs offered in three categories: General (Government and Private), Technical and Medical/Law.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Program
The institute offers dual degree and lateral entry in B.Tech programs where eligible candidates are selected on the basis of JEE Main exam scores.
Students enroll for extra courses at the end of their third year and complete the first year equivalent of the MS by Research program, while in the final year of the undergraduate program. Dual Degree option enables students to acquire two degrees – B.Tech (Hons) and MS by Research by successfully defending MS thesis.
Students can also get financial aid from the institute and apply for education loans with the partnered banks.
The curriculum includes 8 semesters with general and elective courses. Each semester is conducted in a Learning, Practical and Tutorial (LPT) manner where students learn not only theoretical concepts but also implement them.
The total credit for the B.Tech program is 72 credits, where project submission and internal assessments are also conducted and allotted credits accordingly.
IIIT Hyderabad Courses & Fees
Eligibility: aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths in 12th class (50% for SC/ST)
Selection: JEE Main score+Merit
(Admission is also offered via Special Channel of Admission (SPEC) for talented students)
|INR 3 Lakhs (first year)|
Eligibility: B.Tech or BE degree in the related stream
Selection: IIITH PGEE score + Interview
|INR 1.5 Lakhs (per semester)|
Eligibility: Graduation/PG in relevant field from a recognised University/Institute
Selection: IIITH PGEE+Interview
INR 75,000 (per semester)
Eligibility: BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech or MCA or MSc Science/Mathematics+Resident of India
INR 1 Lakh (if opted for two courses)
INR 70,000 (if opted for one course)
|B.Tech + M.S||
Eligibility: Class 12 with 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
Selection: JEE Main or IIITH UGEE+Interview
|INR 3 Lakhs (first year)|
Eligibility: Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree from a recognised university
Selection: IIITH PGEE+Interview
|INR 75,000 (per semester)|
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Cutoff
IIIT Hyderabad offers B.Tech in just two specializations- Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering. Admission is made through National Testing Agency (NTA) ranking for JEE Main. In 2019 the cutoff was released in 5 rounds but due to the pandemic situation, only 4 rounds were executed in 2020. For the CSE course, the IIIT Hyderabad cutoff 2019 closed at 1187 rank. However, in 2020 the admission offers were made up to 936 rank only in the year 2020. Check the table below for a detailed IIT Hyderabad cutoff in the last two years.
|Closing Rank (Round 1)||Closing Rank (Round 5)||Closing Rank (Round 1)||Closing Rank (Round 4)|
|Computer Science and Engineering||573||1187||577||936|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||941||2845||1197||3183|
IIIT Hyderabad Placement
IIIT Hyderabad recorded 100% placement in the 2020 drive. Out of 308 registered students, 306 successfully made a way to top-notch companies. The highest CTC drawn in IIIT Hyderabad placement 2020 was INR 85 LPA. This highest package is offered to an MS Research student of the institute. The second highest CTC was grabbed by one B.Tech student and one M.Tech student and that was INR 49 LPA. Despite the COVID conditions, IIIT Hyderabad has managed to increase the placement ratio, packages offered, and the participation of top recruiters. Check the table below for detailed insights into IIIT Hyderabad placement.
|No. of Students Participated||308|
|No. of Students Placed||306|
|B.Tech placement rate||100%|
|MS Research placement rate||100%|
|Highest CTC||INR 85 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 25 LPA|
|Lowest CTC||INR 3 LPA|
IIIT Hyderabad Scholarship
IIITH offers financial assistance to every admitted student who needs it. The avenues for such assistance are listed below.
- State Bank of India (IIIT branch) guarantees a SBI Scholar student loan to anyone who secures admission at IIIT-H for up to 20 lakhs (without the need for any security). This can be availed even if the applicant’s family has other existing loans.
- The alumni of IIIT-H have set up a fund to support successfully admitted students based on need. The assistance is provided on a pay-it-forward* basis. The fund provides the below support
Guaranteed full tuition support to admitted students whose family income is below Rs 8 lakhs per annum.
Students above the income threshold can also apply and may be awarded tuition support if their case is found by a committee to merit the same.
P.S- In a Pay-it-forward scheme the student agrees to pay the tuition fees of another student, after she/he graduates successfully and starts earning.
IIIT Hyderabad Faculty
There are a total of 179 PhD scholars working with IIIT Hyderabad in various R&D sections on full time and part-time basis. Some of the faculties have been awarded with recognition internationally for their excellent work.
Below are the achievements recorded in 2021:
- Dr. P Pravin Kumar Venkat Rao, EERC has been elected as a member of the Institution of Engineers, India (IEI) and has been selected as a life member for the very prestigious Indian Society of Earthquake Technology (ISET).
- Dr. Ashok Kumar Das has been selected as an Advisory Board member of the 3rd International Congress on Blockchain and Applications (BLOCKCHAIN ’21) to be held in Salamanca, Spain from 6 – 8 October.
- Dr. Indranil Chakrabarty has been appointed as a member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Quantum Information Science (JQIS).
- The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) has appointed Prof. P Krishna Reddy as member of an Expert Committee for Evaluation/Review of multilateral R&D proposals submitted under joint call between DBT and EUREKA in the area of Key Enabling Technologies for Healthcare, Agriculture and Water.
Read More: IIIT Hyderabad Faculty
IIIT Hyderabad FAQs
Ques. Does IIIT Hyderabad charge any fee for document verification?
Ans. Yes, IIIT Hyderabad charges INR 1000 for domestic students and $ 100 for international students for document verification
Ques. Is there a hostel facility on campus at IIIT Hyderabad?
Ans. Yes,IIIT-H is a residential Institute and it is compulsory for all students to stay on-campus. Separate hostels for boys and girls are available on-campus with basic facilities. Hostels are completely networked with Internet facilities.
Ques. Can a student apply for multiple modes of admission to IIIT Hyderabad?
Ans. Yes, but the students will be allowed to accept, hold and pay for a seat in only one of the modes. And If the modes require an interview, students will be interviewed only once.
Ques. Is there any SC/ ST/ BC, women, physically challenged etc. quota for IIIT Hyderabad admissions?
Ans. No, there is no SC/ ST/ BC, women, physically challenged etc. quota or reservation of any kind for IIIT-H admissions. All admissions are strictly merit based and in an open category.
Ques. Which is better IIIT Hyderabad or IIT Hyderabad?
Ans. IIIT Hyderabad UG program is unique in the country.
- It provides research opportunities, even to a UG student, not available anywhere else in the country. Many UG students are able to publish papers in international conferences. Some even visit abroad for working with partner research groups while still a UG student.
- It has a modern and flexible curriculum which allows a student to tailor it to his/her requirements.
- Infrastructure is extremely good in academics as well as in hostels and student life.
Ques. How were the placements during the 2020 recruitment drive at IIIT Hyderabad?
Ans. IIIT Hyderabad achieved a placement record of 100% during its 2019-2020 placement drive as 306 students who graduated from the institute successfully received job offers from various companies. The highest CTC offered during the placement drive stood at INR. 85 LPA.
Ques. What is the application fee of IIIT PGEE?
Ans. The Application fee for IIIT PGEE is INR 2000, which is non-refundable and is to be paid online.
Ques. When are PGSSP applications accepted by IIIT Hyderabad?
Ans. Working professionals who are employed at Hyderabad and have a desire to pursue higher studies on a part-time basis can apply to the Post Graduate Student Status Programme (PGSSP). Admissions are open in Monsoon and Spring semesters every year