- The applicants have to be an Indian national and complete 10+2 (K12) level of education with PCM as main subjects.
- They are also required to satisfy the domicile of A.P. or ‘local resident’ requirement.
international Applicants: Eligibility criteria for these students is based on their scores at 10+2 level and in PCM.
Upon fulfilling the above conditions, JNAFAU B.Arch applicants are shortlisted for counselling at.
JNAFAU B.Arch Counselling
JNAFAU officially conducts Counselling in Telangana for B.Arch admission. In 2020, JNAFAU issued the notification for Phase I – B.Arch Counselling on November 17. Counselling is conducted in the following series of events:
- Online registration for document uploading and college selection begins after the official notification is released.
- The preliminary round for verification of scanned documents cum certificates is conducted across JNAFAU affiliated colleges. Last year for the first time, this round was conducted online amid COVID-19 restrictions.
- Within 18 days, the State Architecture Ranking (SAR) list is released. In 2020, the rank or merit list was prepared on the basis on:
- 50% of NATA scores
- JEE Main Paper 2 rank is also included, if candidates qualify for it.
- 50% of class XII marks
- Colleges release the list of provisionally selected students for Phase I. In 2020, a time period of 2 day’s was given to applicants for completing their final admission formalities.
- This was followed by the release of Phase II list.
TS B.Arch State Rank 2020
In 2020, names of 1151 qualified students were released for 805 seats. The highest score recorded in SAR was 90.75, for NATA 2020 was 177/200 and JEE Main (Paper 2) was 249/500 for B.Arch admission.
Those applicants whose names appeared in SAR, had to login in to TS B.Arch portal and select their choice of colleges.
- The applicants could see the seat availability in JNAFAU affiliated colleges for B.Arch admissions after logging in.
- They had to choose their college(s) of choice in order of ranking and lock the choices within the assigned time.
- Colleges then released the names of candidates as per seat availability for Phase I.
- Within 2 days of release of the first list, applicants had to report to the college with their call letter and complete the admission formalities.
Check: Comparison Between NATA and JEE Main for B.Arch Admission
JNAFAU B.Arch Course Highlights
B.Arch course is 5 years long and is offered across 11 affiliated colleges of JNAFAU. The other details are:
- Highest number of seats (i.e. 120 seats) are available at Sri Venkateswara College of Architecture, Hyderabad as per CoA approval.
- Total fee for B.Arch course varies between INR 65,000 to INR 97,000 per annum.
- More than 90% of the students get internship opportunities each year.
- Placements are between 30-40% in top companies like DLF. The highest CTC varies from INR 4 - 5 LPA.
- There are 07 specializations offered in B.Arch. They are as follows:
||Urban & Regional Planning
JNAFAU B.Arch Application Process
In order to participate in Counselling conducted for B.Arch Admission in Telangana, applicants have to follow the steps for applying online:
- Applicants whose names reflect in SAR have to register for counselling on https://barchadm.tsche.ac.in/.
- They must complete the first step for generating login id and password.
- With the credentials applicants can fill in their basic information.
- The second step includes uploading of documents and certificates.
- Recent photograph
- NATA score card
- JEE Main score card (if required)
- Finally, the applicants will have to give details of their academic background (class VI to XII), NATA/ JEE Main score details and domicile proofs.
- Upon submitting these details, applicants will have to pay the requisite fee.
- General & OBC candidates: INR 1500
- SC & ST candidates: INR 800
Documents Required at the time of Counselling:
- Hall Ticket of NATA/JEE Main exam
- Score card of NATA/JEE Main exam
- Marksheet or Certificates of Intermediate (10+2)
- Class X Marksheet for Proof of DOB
- Certificates of classes VI-XII
- Transfer / Migration Certificate (if required)
- Residence Proof Certificate (of minimum 10 years)
- Parents’ Income Certificate
- Reservation Certificate / PH Certificate / Other Reserved Categories Certificate
- Category Certificate
Check: NATA 2021 Preparation Tips