Updated On - July 18th 2019
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Delhi is an autonomous university in Delhi, India. It is a research-oriented university with a focus on Computer Science and Electronics. It was established in 2008. IIIT Delhi is a global center of excellence in Information Technology education, training and research. It was started at the Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) campus at Sector-III, Dwarka, New Delhi. Now IIIT Delhi operates from its campus in Okhla Phase-III, New Delhi. The institute offers B.Tech Program at the undergraduate level, M.Tech Program at postgraduate level and Ph.D. program at the doctoral level in multiple departments.
Click here IIIT Delhi Cutoff
IIIT Delhi Highlights
AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)
Around 50 full-time faculty member
Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase-III, Near Govind Puri Metro Station New Delhi, India
IIIT Delhi Courses Offered
The Institute is offering admission into five B.Tech programs i.e. Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE), Computer Science and Applied Mathematics (CSAM), Computer Science and Design (CSD) and, Information Technology and Social Sciences (ITSS). It also offers M.Tech and Ph.D. program in multiple disciplines.
Check IIIT Delhi Fee Structure
IIIT Delhi Admission
The registration is done through online mode. Those who wish to apply can submit the application form on the official website of institute. Students are advised to check eligibility criteria before applying for the program.
For admission to B.Tech program, 80 percent marks in aggregate for five subjects (including Physics, Chemistry and Math) and 80% in Mathematics in class 12 from CBSE board or equivalent. The selection for same is done on the basis of JEE Main. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their marks are considered for admission to B.Tech program.
For admission to M.Tech program, applicants should have a graduation degree in relevant discipline with minimum required marks. Admission is done through GATE exam.
Also, Check IIIT Delhi Admission
IIIT Delhi Entrance Exam
Joint Entrance Exam (JEE Main) is conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) for admission to BE/ B.Tech courses. As per JEE Main Eligibility, applicants should have passed class 12. JEE Main Application Form can be filled either online or offline mode. JEE Main Cut off is prepared on the basis of the normalized score. Candidates can apply for B.Tech program at IIIT Delhi on the basis of JEE Main score.
Also, Check JEE Main Exam Pattern and Syllabus
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national level online test which is conducted for admission to M.Tech/ Ph.D. and other Government Scholarships/Assistantships in the field of engineering and technology. The exam is conducted annually by IISc Bangalore and 7 IITs. The minimum Eligibility for GATE is a bachelor’s degree. GATE Registration is done in online mode through the official website of exam i.e. www.gate.iitg.ac.in.
Click here GATE Exam Pattern
IIIT Delhi Placements
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIIT -D) is one of best institutes offering placements in various sectors. Every year the institute places its students in various reputed companies.
The following point shows Placement statistics:
- Students registered for placement: 249
- Number of companies visited: 102
- Total Offers: 342 ( 223 full time + 119 intern offers)
- Full time : 123 A+ Offers (CTC => 10 lakhs)
- Full time : 100 A Offers (6 lakhs < CTC < 10 lakhs)
- Indian offers: 222
- Overseas Offer: 01
The table below represents the course wise highest and average salary package.
Highest salary (Overseas)
Highest salary (Indian)
35 Lacs for B.Tech & 26.5 Lacs for M.Tech
Average B.Tech Package
Average M.Tech Package
Overall Average salary
Also, Check IIIT Delhi Placement
IIIT Delhi Ranking
- Ranked 60th among Engineering Colleges in India by Outlook India in 2017.
- Ranked 66th among Engineering Colleges in India by NIRF in 2017.
- Ranked between 181 – 190 among ‘General – International’ Institutes Ranking by QS (BRICS) in 2018.
IIIT Delhi Scholarships
- The institute provides Income Linked Fee Waiver/ scholarship of 25% or 50%
- The institute provides 100% fee waiver for the wards of BPL families
- Top 10% students in the merit list under each category will be given a fee waiver of 50%.
IIIT Delhi Collaboration
- University of Notre Dame, USA
- The State University of New York, Buffalo, USA
- Ohio State University, USA
- Saarland University, Germany
- University of Aizu, Japan
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Coventry University, England